2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
nerd con [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 16:52:28 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he stands at an archery range where trainers would pit their pokemon against each other, except it's target practice and their pokemon would be the ones wielding the bow.

priam would've had his alakazam that he stole do it, but that pokemon's a wild card and cannot be trusted to be in proper decorum in public. instead, he has his zoroark do it so it's kinda like he's still doing it, but it's actually not.

beside him was another girl that probably wanted the cash prize as well. he stares at his 'alakazam' and then at her pokemon. yeah, he'll probably win.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
nerd con [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 17:09:20 GMT
June Fair Avatar
Normally June wouldn’t bother with a place like this, in fact, she’d go out of her way to stay away from it, but once she heard there was a nice prize for whoever won the archery game she was in. Though at first, she thought it was going to be people doing it not Pokémon that didn’t matter either this was in the bag.

She’d be using an Alakazam she borrowed, the Pokémon was supposed to be super intelligent so it probably knew the most optimal way of firing an arrow! At least that was June’s train of thought.

But looking around it appeared that she wasn’t alone in that idea. Some kid with blue hair seemingly also had an Alakazam but that was no matter she was going to win.

”Alright, I know you’ve got this. Give em’ hell!” She was trying to jazz the Pokémon up, even offering a closed fist over to the Pokémon in an attempt for a fist-bump. The Pokémon was hesitant at first, not really wanting to meet her fist with its own but eventually came around to it.

”Oh hey if you got nerves, use that Calm Mind move, it’s supposed to center you right?” June suggested.

Again the Alakazam stared at the girl for a moment, wondering if it got paired with a dunce but used CALM MIND anyway to appease the girl. They were the ones who were probably going to win.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
nerd con [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 17:16:19 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
there was only one other alakazam in the competition, so he was bound to win. priam overhears her tell her pokemon to use a move though, and that riles him up.

"are you getting your pokemon to use a move? isn't that cheating? yeah, you're cheating!"

priam did not actually know the rules of the event and just signed up thinking he just has to get his pokemon to shoot an arrow with a bow. it was most likely cheating though, since he said so.

he wouldn't have called her out if he had the same move though. unfortunately for both of them, he didn't.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
nerd con [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 17:31:41 GMT
June Fair Avatar
What? Cheating? She didn’t hear about any sort of rule that you couldn’t use a move like that! It wasn’t as if she told the damn thing to just use Psychic to guide the arrow to the target or teleport it over there. But honestly, she didn’t know if there were any rules to this actually.

It just had Pokémon shoot an arrow at the target, right? This didn’t seem like the kind of game to have many rules outside of doing what was just mentioned. And besides this guy had an Alakazam too! There was no telling if he was using any sort of weird psychic tricks to help himself win!

”Cheating?! There’s no rule against using a move like that to calm your Pokémon down!” She said that with the utmost confidence…..the utmost confidence that she had absolutely no idea what she was talking about but hoped he’d back off and not call her bluff.

”It’s not like I told it to use its psychic powers to make a bull’s-eye anyway so what’s the big deal?”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
nerd con [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 17:44:23 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"y-yeah? well, i ask you this: have you read the rules at the registration booth?" he challenges.

it's not like he calls the bluff, but moreso that he starts spewing out things that do not relate to the original subject matter to drag the argument long enough for it to be derailed.

like june, priam has the same amount of confidence that wouldn't yield to the other as long as he has a chance of being right. except, priam just likes arguing. eventually, priam feigns yielding.

"fine, but if your alakazam hits the bullseye, that means your calm mind did something cheatsy!"

the pokemon start to get ready with their shots when the person in charge yells loud enough. the sound of a flag getting dragged in the air signaled for the pokemon to fire off their arrows.

his zoroark hits, but it was ways off the bullseye.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
nerd con [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 17:52:42 GMT
June Fair Avatar
It was a moment like these that would truly make or break people when it came to lying out their ass and trying to make it seem like the truth.

”This isn’t my first rodeo here ya know! I know the rules!” And it’s a good thing that he didn’t keep on pushing after that, June wasn’t sure if she could keep going down this line of lies. She’d roll her eyes at his next comment, pretending like she didn’t care but she would go over to her Alakazam and whisper something to it.

”Okay listen don’t hit the bulls-eye. You can get close to it but don’t hit it. Just aim to do better than his Alakazam, okay?” June requested of the psychic Pokémon.

It didn’t look like it was going to cooperate at first until June put her hands together. ”Pleeeeeeeassseeee!” And that was enough to get the Pokémon to comply.

And when they got to firing their arrows June’s Alakazam did as it was told and aimed for near the bull’s-eye but always just a bit off any time it was a close shot.

Granted June had absolutely no idea how this game worked so she wasn’t sure if she was winning this way or not.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
nerd con [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 18:01:59 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam leers at her target, and then at her alakazam, and then at her. his expression eases afterwards.

"yeah... i guess you aren't cheating?"

can't really call her out on that when she didn't hit the bullseye since that's the only thing that mattered.

"i hit mine though, so i win," he tells her.

thanks to his zoroark's ability, its illusion can easily be shared to june. if she does look at his target, it would appear that his arrow had hit straight in the middle. priam appears proud of what he did.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
nerd con [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 18:18:57 GMT
June Fair Avatar
”See told you I wasn’t.” June scoffed, folding her arms in defiance. With that finally put to rest, and thank god she got away with it, it was time to compare their targets and see who won.

And she couldn’t believe it all this talk about her and this son of a bitch manages to hit the bull’s-eye?! June inspects Priam’s target, and she’ll be damned it was right in the middle. But what about what she told her Alakazam?!

”Hey you I told you to do better than his so what’s the deal?! If he hit a bull’s-eye it would’ve been alright for you to hit at least one!” She whispered to her Alakazam as she walked over to the Pokemon and to the Pokémon’s credit, it did do what she asked of it which was why it was also confused.

”Did we both miss it then?” She rubbed the back of her head thinking about it. Oh well, there was probably a prize for second place and they definitely got that at least.

”Eh forget about it then, we’ll get it next time.” She shrugged. 

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
nerd con [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 18:27:58 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam gets awarded with a prize: a giant substitute plushie alongside gift coupons on shops that priam probably never goes to.

"better luck next time i guess," he tells june, his voice sympathetic this time around.

he swears the people running the ren-faire are getting broke every time he participates since he starts getting prizes he doesn't really want. he gives her half of his coupons as consolation, specifically the ones priam absolutely would never go to.

"thank you for not cheating," priam consoles just before he leaves the playing area.

the moment he leaves, the illusion gets dispelled. priam has already blended with the crowd should anyone start trying to look for him.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
nerd con [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 18:48:06 GMT
June Fair Avatar
June looked down at the coupons that Priam handed her and then back to him. ”Uh thanks I guess?” After seeing what the prize was she really didn’t care about not winning or not. She wanted money or something that she could really use not a stuffed toy and some coupons for some shops that she didn’t care about.

June would watch him leave before turning to her Alakazam and shrugging, both of them being over the whole ordeal. But right before she decides to leave she notices something odd in the corner of her eye. The blue-haired kid’s target had changed revealing what he actually managed to hit.

”That blue son of a bitch pulled a god damn fast one on us!” June roared, turning around to see if she could spot the lying bastard but he was gone. One day she’d get her revenge on him.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
nerd con [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 23:53:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, one free move of choice for one pokemon.
[break]