august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
teach me [ fernando ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 2:32:28 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

"you're a mentor, right? start mentorin'! i need to get my groove back and you're just the guy who can do it." pounding his fist together and growling with excitement. mateo stood within the empty colosseum. pointing toward fernando, he'd shout, "teach me that 'battle set chess routine evolution' thing you do!" mateo demanded.

notes: here have a post.

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
teach me [ fernando ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 2:45:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Martinez."

Fernando cracks his neck repeatedly, bending over to tie his shoes. It's not the most traditional meet up but a chance to scrap with one of the Elite Four is an opportunity that can't be missed. All under the guise of training.

"We'll start with the fundamentals. How good is your distancing and speed?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
teach me [ fernando ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 2:54:16 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

"they're phenomenal!" mateo would start to punch the air, "my HITBOX is nasty, no way you can CANCEL me! my JUGGLING is out of this world! don't even get me started with my CROSS-UP, because my FRAME ADVANTAGE is sickening!" he was so full of energy and ready to get back into the game, "why do you ask?"

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
teach me [ fernando ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 3:00:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Uh huh."

All that gibberish and Fernando understands none of it. He's sorry he asked.

"Battles test your physical abilities but there's an important mental game outside of official League Battles." Fernando circles him, breaking out into a brisk jog as he pulls a Pokeball from his belt. "I'm sure someone like you has a finisher move. Your opponent won't let you use it without punishing you. That why you have to set up so that you can end the battle with a decisive strike. It's all about positioning."

Like a roaming Pyroar, Fernando continues to skirt around his prey, as if sizing up when he should unleash his first Pokemon.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
teach me [ fernando ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 3:03:15 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

"a finishing move?" like something out of one of 's video games? "oh! you mean something like, what's it called..." he pondered on the word. attempting to remember what exactly it was that the character always said, "SHORYUKEN!" he'd jovially raise his fist into the air. "i like where this is headed, silph!"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
teach me [ fernando ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 3:09:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Sure."

Fernando slips a Pokeball against the ground and continues to waltz aroudn him, positioning him on the other end. "Sandwiching an opponent leaves them vulnerable to a pincer attack. For instance, pairing up SHEER COLD would create a devastating effect. I call it ABSOLUTE ZERO."

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
teach me [ fernando ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 3:41:47 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

the thought of ice coming anywhere remotely near him made the dragon tamer shudder. he was practically disgusted at the thought of being trampled by 'absolute zero', but this was good to know. who knows, there may be a dragon out there in the world capable of producing ice to that degree. "mmm, i'm more of offensive person. hit'em with everythin' we got, but i understand where you're coming from." calling out his druddigon, mateo would state, use TAUNT on me!" druddigon, confused, would do as such. mateo felt invigorated and motivated by the druddigon's belittlement. "alright, now i'm ready to open myself up to new possibilities! keep'em comin', teach!"

notes: hi, have a crap response.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 340px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #fafafa; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px; background: #252525; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
teach me [ fernando ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 4:26:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "And in order to secure prime positioning, it is up to the trainer to accurately place their Pokemon on the field."

Fernando drops another Pokeball and now there's two on the field. One in front and one behind him, where Fernando was at previously. As if to demonstrate, he lobs another Pokeball to his side, fundamentally boxing him into one one corner. And, in Silph measure, Fernando never stops moving, backing away now as he inspects his placement.

"Which requires speed, dexterity, and accuracy. Learn to land your Pokeball consistently and you end up helping your Pokemon more than you know."

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
teach me [ fernando ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 4:47:25 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"woah, nice butterfingers!" the duo were now surrounded by three pokemon. so this was how he battled. it was impressive, mateo returned his druddigon. "alright, let me give it a try!" he'd shoot out drampa next. though the pokemon would come to be startled with the shock of being cornered by three pokemon, unaware as to what was going on. "drampa, calm down and use CALM MIND!" the dragon would do so in order to calm its nerves. mateo would return his pokemon, embarrassed by what it had done. "looks like it'll take sometime to get use to."

notes: hi, have a crap response.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 340px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #fafafa; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px; background: #252525; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
teach me [ fernando ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 4:57:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"It's not what most trainers are used to. Official battles are more linear and standardized. Call it a relic from war times."

With a resigned sigh, he pulls his Pokemon back one ball at a time. The maneuver is far from strenuous but the constant prancing around causes his palms to become clammy with sweat. "Hopefully, you never have to use it." Fernando brings his movement to a close, shaking his other leg loosely as his body slows down.

"It's not much but it's the way I battle."