snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
circus [c]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 22:20:06 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]admittedly, she's never been to the circus before but man, does it sound fun! perhaps that's what draws her to the beaches of lilycove, a makeshift circus having been set up on the sand. well, more like a carnival if she stops to think about it but the main attraction is the big top. her eyes practically light up at the sight.

"deus, look!" she isn't ashamed to happily tug at her automaton's hand, her other hand waving excitedly toward the event. "amazing!" and really, both her and the automaton are about to become kids in a candy store because there's so much to do and so little time!

along the way, she'll collect various snacks and stuffed animals. one in particular, a stuffed charizard that basically screamed , is carefully tucked close to her chest as if losing the present for her friend will destroy her. an off colored ninetales sticks close to her ankles, eyes watching for any signs of danger. and eventually, she'll come across one girl that kinda looks familiar and naturally, she'll stop to try and place where exactly they could've crossed paths with a conversation.

"hey!" the head scientist greets with a gentle wave. she'll step up to ruby's side and flash a soft smile. "you look familiar. do you, um, come here often?" maybe she's a lilycove resident and that's why she looks so familiar. couldn't be anything else, right? well, probably littleroot but that hasn't crossed her mind yet.

another thing that hasn't dawned yet is that there's a man at the front of the crowd who is about to send the whole nice day into madness.

midsummer madness prompt!

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
circus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2020 4:12:08 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

A circus! It sounded fun in concept, but it was certainly a bit stranger than she thought. The massive circus tent was still there, but it seemed like a carnival itself had popped up around it. Was this how it normally worked? Most movies that involved circuses really only showed the inside of the tent. With a curious expression, she slowly walked around and took in all the sights.

Eventually, even her cautious curiosity couldn't be held back any longer. With Darling standing by her side, the babysitter-like pokemon was carrying its own stick of cotton candy, as Ruby bought one for the both of them. Insanely sweet, and yet somehow delicious! It was a good thing Whisper's Pokeball was wrapped up in a blanket inside her backpack, however. The noise would have been more than enough to unnerve the poor gal.

Before she could work up the nerves to actually try out one of the carnival games themselves, a woman stepped up to her side to try and grab her attention. She blinked a bit in confusion, only to realize that she was recognized, albeit only partially. A soft blush spread across her face as she spoke, awkwardly rubbing the back of her neck.

"Oh! Uh, well, that's probably because I've been in the news before." No need to mention what for, hopefully. If this woman recognized her face then hopefully, her name would be equally familiar. Putting her cotton candy into her left hand, she reached out politely with her right to shake hands. "Ruby Walker, a pleasure to meet you, miss. Just, you know, trying to take it easy."

Notes: N/A

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
circus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 0:02:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"oh, the news?" illeana tilts her head as if this is all literal news to her. the whole basically living in a lab thing doesn't go well with keeping up to date on things, unfortunately. she does remember one glimpse of a news report though... something about slateport, maybe? hell if she knows, honestly, but she smiles a little wider anyway. "maybe that's it, then! was it recent? i could've sworn i just saw you." poor illeana, unable to place her memories enough to sort through the mess. it'll dawn on her eventually. probably tomorrow, though... oops.

the name helps, at least. recognition flashes in her eyes for a moment and she's all too happy to balance her own things in exchange for putting her hand in ruby's. the shake is loose, almost a little excited or frantic on illeana's end.

"ruby! it's a pleasure to meet you," her lips curl further into the smile, almost a little too bright by this point. "i'm illeana, illeana reyes." she leaves out the whole science bit for now, if only to spare ruby the process of having her ear chatted off about random projects. anyway, she releases ruby's hand after a moment and adjusts her goodies once more. this gives her golurk the opportunity to shuffle forward a tiny bit, just enough to put itself beside her in an attempt to get ruby's attention. the automaton will wave excitedly. new friends are always high on deus' priority list.

"well, this is definitely the place to take it easy," a soft laugh escapes and she takes the chance to glance around at their surroundings. man, it really is amazing here. who knew they could just plant a whole carnival and circus on the beach? apparently everyone else but her. "are you enjoying yourself so far?"

in the distance, shouting can be heard. it's hard to tell just yet if it's yells of excitement or panic. eventually, it'll all go to shit though but for now, it's just two girls chatting among the carnival games.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
circus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 7:57:29 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby simply continues to smile as recognition eventually flashes in the woman's eyes. She wasn't entirely sure how much the woman remembered, but clearly it was enough to actually recognize her, at least somewhat anyway. She was quick to gently shake the woman's hand in return, nodding as Illeana introduced herself.

Strange, that name sounded almost familiar as well. Regardless, as the woman's Golurk stepped forwards to grab her attention. Ruby simply blinked in surprise, stumbling back a single step. Ghost types were, not exactly something Ruby was fond of, to say the very least. Regardless, she couldn't deny his excitement was certainly a bit endearing. Helped that he didn't look like a traditional ghost, of course. Darling the Indeedee simply waved back, a soft smile of her own on her face.

"I am!"
Ruby replied to her question with a soft smile, slowly looking around the circus around them. "It's a bit, uh, strange I suppose. Not really used to big social gatherings and events like this. You know? At home, I wasn't exactly near any huge towns, which means just small festivals at best." She chuckled quietly, only to pause and glance towards the sound of someone shouting. How odd.

Returning her attention back to Illeana, the young girl was quick to speak. "So, are you from around here? I grew up in the Galar region, so stuff like this is still really new to me, regardless."

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
circus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 1:11:19 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the notion that she has seen her in person before bugs her. not enough that she presses it but enough to cause her to linger on it for longer than necessary. but where? and when? recent or a while ago? god, her memories are a jumbled mess and her excitement over the events of today is making it difficult to sort through anything besides thoughts of right here and now.

meanwhile, her golurk is ecstatic over darling returning its wave. the automaton coos happily before allowing them some space and stepping back to stand beside its trainer. it's oblivious as far as the step ruby takes goes but that smile? that wave? that looks like a new friend to the dual type and man, is it excited. her ninetales, on the other hand? she seems distracted by something in the distance. some commotion that seems to be creeping closer. it has tan fur standing on edge, not quite defensive but tinged with mild worry. illeana hasn't noticed yet, too absorbed in her conversation with ruby.

"i'm glad!" the scientist's smile is so wide by now that it should hurt her cheeks. and yet, it doesn't. not quite, anyway. "you know, i don't blame you! sometimes, big events like this seem a little overwhelming. too many people, maybe." she's not the best with crowds. not in the sense that she's comfortable throwing herself into big parties or groups without choking on nerves. the shouting snags illeana's attention a moment later, her eyes darting toward the direction it comes in. funny... it almost seems to be coming closer. are they just excited or is something wrong?

her attention returns to ruby, to the question she asks. the scientist is quick to shake her head with a soft laugh. "unfortunately, no. i'm from snowpoint in sinnoh. big things like this are usually not a normal occurrence back home. not in snowpoint, anyway." she shifts gears, then, with a curious look etching itself into her features. "you're from galar? that's lovely! i've heard good things about the region but haven't had the chance to see for myself. is it as beautiful as they say?" she pauses for a moment to halfheartedly gather her thoughts. and then, her mouth opens again but no words come out.

instead, a shrill shriek pierces through their conversation and she's spinning on her heel, head whipping around to find the source. "okay, what is that? it doesn't sound good."

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
circus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 2:38:18 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Darling was perhaps, one of Ruby's friendliest pokemon. That, and she wasn't worried about ghost type pokemon in the slightest. As the Golurk grew ecstatic, she placed a hand over her mouth as a quiet giggle escaped from the small babysitter. She certainly found his antics quite humorous, to say the least.

However, it looked like Ruby wasn't the only one to tend to shy away from large groups and gatherings too. She knew there was nothing wrong with it, but meeting someone who could not only sympathize but understand what it was like was kind of a breath of fresh air. She let out a relaxed sigh herself, slowly squeezing Darling's hand as she was just about to speak. However, the shouting suddenly distracts her.

Ruby tilts her head as if somehow she could see over the crowd despite her short height, trying to gauge whatever that noise was all about. Just another reason not to go to major events all the time, she supposed. As Illeana began to speak again, her eyes quickly locked back onto the woman before her. Sinnoh, huh? Imagine that. She had never been there before, and quite frankly didn't know too much about it. Regardless, as she complimented her own home region Ruby couldn't help but smile.

"Oh, absolutely! I grew up outside Ballonlea, and it's this absolutely beautiful town! Illuminated by glowing mushrooms as far as the eye can see! It's-" Ruby's suddenly interrupted but a shrill shriek. Despite the loud sounds of the circus all around them, it was that incredibly annoying sound that caused Whisper to leave her Pokeball. The Hatterene stood at Ruby's side, an angry look on her face.

"Oh dear..." Ruby's eyes widened a bit, once again looking back towards where the shouting was coming from. "Is anyone hurt?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
circus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 1:56:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]while deus and darling giggle between each other, illeana shifts her focus solely on ruby. the ninetales at her side watches curiously, tan head slightly tilting to one side. she understands enough to recognize the relaxed atmosphere between both parties but the conversation is lost on her among the noises around them.

"that sounds incredible!" illeana's smile grows until it almost aches against her cheeks. "what makes the mushrooms glow, i wonder? and --" neither of them get to finish their conversation as commotion draws their attention away like rubber bands snapping beneath pressure. a new addition joins their makeshift party in the form of a hatterene escaping its pokeball. the psychic type is somewhat familiar to illeana, if only because she has one of her own. a small, almost apologetic smile is directed toward whisper and ruby before her mind begins to work through the problem at hand.

there's a crowd moving toward them now, perhaps too fast to just be excited carnival goers. and at the center of it all is a man who, in all senses of the word, appears to be mad. off his rocker, bonkers, what have you. the beginning of a light foam escapes corners of his mouth and those around him are trying their hardest to escape. she can't make out the words he's screaming over the sound of shrieks around him but it doesn't look good.

"i hope not," she murmurs. her features settle into a more serious expression and there's no hesitation in her step as she moves closer. a glance is directed toward ruby over her shoulder, face softening for a moment. "i guess we have to find out, huh?" if only to stop what she hopes isn't about to become a disaster.

illeana doesn't make it very far before the crowd is pushing back, as if she's crazy herself for trying to get a better look. a better understanding is really what she's aiming for but that might be difficult when the cause of it all has begun swinging his arms toward those around him. ah shit, she really hopes this isn't about to become a brawl...

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
circus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 2:42:53 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

The crowd was moving towards them as if trying to make way for something trying to pass through. Almost instinctively with all the noises, shrieks, and shouts, Ruby reaches over to grab Whisper's hand, before she does anything rash. Although, with the sounds of it, maybe a confrontation was inevitable anyways.

Ruby is quick to follow Illeana and make her way through the crowd. Luckily, with Whisper practically leading the way, it was a bit easier to make it through despite everyone else just running away. After all, she was tall, intimidating, and shameless in her attempts to reach closer, just pushing people aside. Eventually, Ruby was finally able to see the cause of the commotion. A raving, frothing madman was going absolutely wild.

Ruby's eyes widened a bit, entirely unprepared for how to handle a situation like this. And yet, she simply felt compelled to take a stand and do something regardless. Looking back at Illeana for the moment, Ruby was quick to motion towards her pokemon. "Whisper, make sure everyone gets back, try and keep him from hurting anyone." It was painfully obvious that the witch pokemon wanted nothing more than to just punch his lights out, but she listened to her trainer regardless. Quickly blinking across the area around them, she'd attempt to physically block his path as he swung his arms wildly. She was certainly tough enough to take a few random punches, but it was less a test of defense and a test of will.

"Illeana!"
Ruby called out trying to get the woman's attention, attempting to make sure the woman didn't worry about her sudden decision to get involved. To her, a raving madman was nothing compared to a deranged extra-dimensional clown, but many people probably wouldn't make that comparison. "I'll be fine! Just be safe!" Darling still standing by her side, obviously debating what she could do.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
circus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 22:05:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]yep, definitely going to become a brawl...

the man is unruly, untamed, almost feral. there's a look in his eyes that sends her skin crawling the longer she stares, the closer she drifts. and yet, there's the persistent understanding that she has to do something. it seems ruby is no different in this aspect. both her and her pokemon get closer as well, her hatterene beginning to handle the arms that are being thrown toward the crowd. and without processing on if it's such a good idea, illeana herself is stepping toward the center of the crowd. her ninetales follows close at her heels, the off-colored fur on her back already rising from the threat.

"deus, phantom force. try to restrain him." the golurk doesn't need another word from her, merely nodding and sinking into the shadow at her back. and despite so many shadows in one place, the automaton deftly jumps between them to find its target. it reappears moments later, rising up from the stretching shadow of the madman. only half of its body is revealed for a minute until its full stature comes into view. clay hands reach out to subdue the swinging arms but it isn't fast enough to stop the few punches that hit ruby's hatterene.

and by the time ruby calls her name, illeana is close enough to see her more clearly. she flashes a small, nervous smile. "be careful!" she calls back, despite shifting through the crowd to join the girl's side again. being separated in this crowd almost seems overwhelming and given the unpredictable nature of a man like this? yeah, she'd feel better to be within arm's reach of ruby.

the crowd is difficult to navigate, to move through without catching an elbow to the side or a foot stomping onto hers in the process of panic. she understands enough to quell whatever irritation rises but man, if that last elbow didn't hurt. eventually, she makes it close enough to ruby to cross that last obstacle in her way. and when she joins her side again, her lips are settling into a firm line. "what are we going to do about this? i'm afraid i've never really handled this sort of thing before." perhaps she has? or it's just the blind leading the blind. either way, the man is struggling against both the golurk and the hatterene and she can practically feel his anger growing. not good.

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
circus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 23:57:58 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby was a bit surprised to see the woman actively helping her in her attempts to keep the crazy man in check. Not many random people she meets on her travels tend to be so willing to help with these kinds of things, often more worried about their own selves. And to be fair, she couldn't always blame them. As her Golurk attempted to restrain the man, Whisper simply stared the madman a death glare, clearly barely keeping herself restrained.

"Don't worry, I got an idea," Ruby spoke calmly to Illeana now by her side. Slowly, Ruby motioned for Darling the Indeedee to walk forwards. "Go, calm him down." With a soft grin and a polite curtsy, the pokemon walked out into the open space where the confrontation was going on.

Suddenly, Darling let out a soft, albeit absolutely adorable cry. Using Disarming Voice, the Indeedee was actively attempting to not only weaken his will to fight but also attempt to calm him down in the same manner. Seeing it working somewhat as the raving madman's movements seemed to calm somewhat, Darling kept at it, using the move over and over again.