awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 4:08:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Absolutely buffonery.

After an impromptu visit to the hospital, Fernando returns to League Headquarters wearing two arm slings with one overlapping the other. None of his bones are fractured but he's been told to let them rest in order to refrain from exerting himself. Among that and copious amount of bandages across his elbows, shoulders, and one on his face, the councilman looks like he's returned from death's door just to return to work.

One of several stops takes him to Orion's office. Despite his pair of Meowstics flanking him from both sides, he prefers to answer the door himself. With a gentle boot, he repeatedly strikes the door at the bottom to alert the other of his presence.

"Lykos. If you're free, please open the door."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 4:19:40 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

Orion's sitting at his desk, re-reading the same few sentences on a document until the words blend together, when a gentle tap against the door draws his attention.[break][break]

He might've mistaken it for the bustle of the office if not for the voice that sounds from the other side. He opens his mouth, about to offer a quick 'Come in' to his fellow councilman, but something in the wording gives him pause.[break][break]

Open the door. He'd even said please.[break][break]

He pushes back from his desk and opens the door to just about the last thing he'd expected to see. Raw surprise molds itself quickly to concern, then a wincing sort of sympathy. Fernando's in the worst shape Orion's ever seen him in.[break][break]

"Fuck, what happened?" He gestures the other inside before gently closing the door. With a tone caught between humour and genuine worry, he adds: "Ever heard of a phone call, Silph?"[break][break]

To think that he'd dragged himself to work in this state — Orion can hardly process it.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.teamo]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 4:28:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Long story."

Fernando drops the tact and enters the office like it's his own. Considering his current appearance, surely the other would understand. And, if not, well, it's not like he cares. Not in his current state. Which brings him to the point.

"Too risky."

There's a lot that happened that night. While Fernando's never considered him a low profile person, to be able to track him down to that level of detail is worrisome in its own regard. Whoever tracked him down has both the means and power to do so. That's not even counting for the fact that they have some sort of weaponized Pokemon he's never seen before. It's more alarming than anything in recent time and the only people he can confide in is Orion and . Unfortunately, the later is no longer trustworthy in the sense that Fernando refuses to put him in such a position considering his own personal matters.

Which leaves only one real choice.

"Is your office secure?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 4:34:37 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Predictably, Orion doesn't give a damn about Fernando making himself at home. The space is open to him with its blinds closed against the dying sunlight and the scattered files across the desk. There's an Espeon dozing under the desk who pokes her head out to investigate the commotion, quickly losing interest and curling back up in her favourite spot.[break][break]

Risky?[break][break]

Orion's eyes are wide, concerned, but the mention of security has him turning the lock on the door — just in case. It was rare that anyone walked in without asking unless he was expecting them, but this rings of serious.[break][break]

"Secure? Like, is it bugged or something?" He's never thought of that. Probably should have, honestly, given his background. He wouldn't put it past the nest of vipers that were his family to bug someone's workplace. Still, he's never noticed anything of the sort, and it's not like the place is a mess... "It should be secure. Jeez, Fernando, are you OK?"[break][break]

He's not asking about his physical state, now.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.teamo]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 4:43:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Yeah."

He doesn't expect a real answer, mostly because even Fernando can't answer that about his own office. At least not confidently. The amount of times their space has been compromised by others — all necessary and apart of normal workflow — is too much to count. However, given the circumstances, he's still riding high on the same paranoia that allowed him to survive the Slateport Invasion unscratched.

"I was followed last night and ambushed by a Pokemon I've never seen before. A single Pokemon that easily dispatched each of my Pokemon until I managed to outnumber it six to one. Even then, it escaped without difficulties."

His eyes narrow and his fists tighten.

"It wasn't wild, Lykos. Whatever Pokemon it was, it broadcasted a message to me. It was intentional. I was hunted down."

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 4:55:12 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Orion listens in stunned silence, dark eyes cataloging each individual bandage and wondering at the injuries beneath. A Pokemon was responsible for all of that?[break][break]

He knows Fernando to be a competent battler. A gym leader. Yet it had taken six of his Pokemon to so much as deter whatever had done this to him? The words ring in his head: a Pokemon I've never seen before.[break][break]

"Do you think it was another Beast?"[break][break]

In his mind's eye, the Pokemon twists into hideous shapes resembling the clown that had detonated the New Years ball, the thing that had possessed the commissioner.[break][break]

"Do you have any idea who's involved? Someone here?"[break][break]

Why else would Fernando be worried about security if not for the concern that their own coworkers could access places others couldn't?

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 6:17:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"I can't say."

There's still a lot they don't know about these Ultra Beasts. Out of the several they've encountered, this one doesn't match the description of any he's seen before. Then again, the Urshifu he acquired from the Tower of Strength is one of many Pokemon he's never seen before. There's too much uncertainty to be sure one way or another. So he relies on the only fact he knows.

"There weren't any wormholes. That being said, it could fly. Fast too. It's entirely possible it surfaced from somewhere else."

But one things for certain. Someone owns it. Who? He can't say. But it's someone with a goal that eclipses his own.

"Couldn't tell from the voice. Whoever it is, they know me and my habits. They openly admitted to stalking me and used the ambush to prove it. That or they got lucky and are bluffing but at this point I'm not willing to risk it."

He pauses.

"They wanted something from me. They wouldn't say what. But, they offered to spare me if I assisted them with removing from the picture."

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 7:06:33 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

His mental image morphs to the clown with wings, its disco-ball head spinning wildly.[break][break]

Someone had captured the clown-beast, but Orion dismisses the possibility that it's a resurgence of the New Years Beast. Fernando would have recognized it, besides.[break][break]

His train of thought leads him down another path, but that train is swiftly derailed by Silph's next utterance. The room feels close and tense.[break][break]

"And by remove, I'm assuming they they meant..."[break][break]

He trails off with a question he's sure he already knows the answer to. However the conversation had went down, from the state of him Orion assumes Fernando hadn't agreed.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 7:19:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Apparently cornering me into coercion is easier than doing it themselves."

There's not an ounce of humor behind that statement. He's more annoyed than anything. Having his body bruised and battered isn't enough. It's the pride of being an easier target than Dahlia that leaks to the surface. But that was a crucial mistake and one he'll make sure they pay for dearly.

"But their incompetence is our grace. At least we know they exist."

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 7:29:37 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Orion can feel a headache forming just above his temple. Sometimes, he regrets getting involved in politics.[break][break]

His Espeon has been roused by the negative energy in the room, the tension. Her forked tail lashes back and forth.[break][break]

"So we know that they're after Dahlia, and that they've got enough sway to somehow command a Pokemon that can get away 6-v-1 with minimal consequence." And that they're crafty enough to track down Fernando Silph, of all people. Orion doesn't state this obvious fact along with the others; it wouldn't do to add insult to injury. "What's our next move?"[break][break]

Our, because it wasn't a question about whether or not he'd get involved.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 7:55:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"I'm going to recover and lay low for a while. I don't appreciate their gall. That or do the opposite and avoid being alone and isolated. Not sure which one just yet."

Which means no more late nights. No more working alone. Fernando Silph is no longer and individual. Well, that's only under the assumption they choose to confront him alone was because they wanted to keep their presence a secret. That or they didn't want to go up against even greater numbers. They're lacking too much information to determine either reason so he sits on it for now.

"There's not many I trust but you're my best bet. I trust you're up for it?"

It isn't a question about whether or not he'd get involved. The moment he opened the door, Orion was going to be thrust into the mantle of what would've been Fernando's responsibility had he not been the victim. It's almost seems like he's passing on the torch. Unfortunately, the proper title of councilman is through a trail by fire.

Welcome to politics, Lykos.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 8:01:54 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

"Either way, you shouldn't be alone."[break][break]

Alone, and injured as he was, even the likes of Fernando would be vulnerable to a second attack. At least with the presence of another, there would be a chance if his attacker returned.[break][break]

Trust.[break][break]

It's a rough word in politics, a poisonous word. Trust was turning your back and making it that much easier to slide a knife between your shoulder blades. Trust was dangerous, and yet it's something he refuses to relinquish.[break][break]

He nods. Nervous, with twitchy hands and tense posture, but determined.[break][break]

"Yeah, of course. Whatever you need."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 8:09:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Depends on their play. If it was just a coincidence they caught me alone then it'd be better for me to disappear. Off grid."

He shrugs his shoulders in an effort to curb weighing both sides of the argument. His Meowstic fit the perfect representations of his options, one more vocal than the other while the other prefers to only meow when needed. He'd pet them out of comfort but he's a bit tied up right now. It serves as a firm reminder on his own inability to handle the situation and it's frustrating.

"Good." Responsibility has been delegated and now Orion sits at the top of this. "What's your plan?"

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 8:23:03 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Fernando had a point. If he could manage to effectively disappear, no one would be able to track him. Another, darker thought creeps in.[break][break]

"You think this could be someone close to you?"[break][break]

He doesn't know if Silph considers anyone close. He spends time with the Elite Four and Orion knows that is his sister, but apart from that...[break][break]

It's thrust onto him, now, the weight of responsibility, and it's as if Orion can feel it pressing down upon him. He swallows, thinks. Where did they even begin, with something like this?[break][break]

"We need more info. Where did it happen? Anywhere with surveillence? Any idea of the Pokemon's typing — if it's even a Pokemon at all?"[break][break]

He glances around as if expecting answers to materialize; it's nothing more than a product of scattered thoughts, and a moment later he's sitting at his desk and flutters his fingers over the laptop keyboard. Damn it, he was going to have to look into encryption if he wanted things digital. Who knew the kinds of access these people had? Abandoning technology, he opens a drawer on his desk and jots down a few quick details in code.[break][break]

His breath exits loud. "Is there anyone else we can trust on this? Elite Four?"[break][break]

The tail end of the question is silent: Or are we doing this alone?

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DIVULGENCE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 8:43:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"To put it bluntly: no. But I'm not willing to risk it."

Among the tirade of people Fernando's deceived since coming to Hoenn are those he trust if only because they're simple pawns that trust him in return. Unfortunately, many of them have uprooted themselves from underneath his thumb. He has put that much time into Orion which makes him a neutral pick. Even the Elite Four are only trust worthy to an extent.

"At the surface, I trust the Elite Four as individuals but this isn't up their alley. Reaching is hard enough as is. doesn't seem like the type to get involved with this until he becomes their target instead. Either way, they're not that reliable when it comes to individualized circumstances. They're adept at handling a massive, region-wide threat."

That only leaves one more.

"And while I doubt Bronwen is competent enough to pull something like this off I also think she's incompetent enough to slip up. Something like this requires a delicateness that she lacks. Once we find out the source that'll change but for now consider her a loud mouthed weapon of mass destruction tucked away until needed."

Which leaves the Council. is too new and he has his own qualms with involving him. Not that he'll voice those aloud either.

"I don't have the heart to get Kim involved considering his current affairs. If it escalates, we'll grab him as well, but at this point in time he's the most vulnerable of the three of us. And you — I mean this as respectfully as possible but you're a blank, neutral party. You've done nothing noteworthy but also don't seem to be pursuing an agenda. I'd expect more, even something subtle and more in favor of me if you were apart of this."

He keeps his assessments brief and honest. It seems to work with Orion. His sense of frankness builds more trust than his standard practice of answering with vague run-off statements.

Orion works quick with what's given. Fernando's immediately rewarded with his choice and he goes over the debriefing. "I was attacked outside of my Lilycove home around 2AM last night. I inquired about surveillance but nothing was recorded. I had Silph Co. and my Porygons track online content since then and no reports of that either. We literally have nothing."

That even holds truthful in regard to his encounter.

"It happened in the span of a few minutes. All I could make out is that it was purple, could fly, and enough strength to throw a car with ease. It also got the drop on me with some kind of blast. Something as strong as HYPER BEAM but without the required charge up."