2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
and stay out of my beach! [m]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2020 14:41:06 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The morning dawned bright and cheerful over Slateport beach. The call of Wingulls and the soft clashing of the waves over the sandy beach were like a familiar song to Skyler's ears. On any other morning, she would've sank her feet into the sand and would've breathed deeply, enjoying the ocean she loved so much.

Alas, this morning wasn't just any morning.

Skyler dragged a plastic bag nearly her size over the sand, and although the temperature was still relatively cool, she was already sweating. She wore gloves over her hands and there was a ratty baseball hat over her head, which she occasionally took off in order to wipe the gathering sweat from her forehead. She was huffing and puffing by the time the plastic bag joined another one like it next to the nearest dumpster.

'I can't believe these idiots, leaving the beach looking like this! The absolute asshats.' There were other less nice words she used in her head to describe the people who'd littered the beach, and she muttered some of them under her breath.

She continued grumbling as she turned back to the beach once more. Her mood was foul, but the fury only gave her more purpose as she grabbed another bag, nearly tearing it in two, and started stomping her way onto the sand. 

From a distance a frustrated yell could be heard when Skyler realized that someone had spilled glitter all over the sand. Glitter. Her nemesis.

● tags:
● notes: life's a beach mission!

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2020 18:44:26 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

"You're sure you'll be ok?" Kaida squatted in the surf, unminding on the water coursing over her shoes, it would dry. In front of her, Din the Gorebyss squealed in the positive and shifted under the water. He could use Psychic to bring up garbage that drifted under the surf, and would make sure Kaida didn't knock any trash towards the water. A living shield, to be sure. [break][break]

By her side were an Ekans and Seviper, both sharp and ready. She brought them to help her find where the garbage was, as poison-types just seemed to have a knack for find toxic material. "Ormr, Hema, let's go-" [break][break]

She startled as a scream suddenly rang out, the presence of Skyler returning to the beach having gone unnoticed by Kaida until now. Hurriedly, her Pokemon and her darted over, toting a bag that seemed ready to eat Kaida whole. "What is the pro-oh." The clear distress the woman had yelled out had made her think it was an emergency, but still..."That's bad." [break] [break]

Glitter particles. What was she even supposed to do with that!?

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Life's a Beach mission!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2020 19:44:35 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

If looks could kill, Skyler would have completely obliterated the glitter spread over a sizeable part of the beach. As it was, she could only gleefully imagine the utter destruction she would bring upon the heads of whoever had done this.

It wasn't until a few moments after her frustrated yell that her revenge fantasies were interrupted by the arrival of someone else. Skyler unclenched the hand around the bag, wincing when she realized that she'd dug her small nails into the palm of her hand.

She hadn't realized that someone else was at the beach with her, but decided to seize the chance and gestured with one arm at the literally glittering sand in front of them.

"Look at this, just look at it. How am I supposed to clean this?!" Skyler groaned again and covered her face with her hands. "If I ever catch the idiots, I swear..."

Eventually, the blonde took a deep breath and straightened her shoulders. There was lots of work left to do and she couldn't, wouldn't falter now. She wouldn't rest until she was sure none of this trash ended up on the ocean. 

Skyler turned to the other woman and a bright grin bloomed over her lips when she noticed the bag the other woman was toting around. Oh, so she wasn't the only one cleaning the beach!

The blonde was quick to hold out her hand for a handshake. "I'm Skyler. Skyler Dross, professional diver, treasure hunter and occasional beach cleaner. Nice to meet ya!"

● tags:

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2020 22:15:39 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

The glitter barrage was already churning Kaida's guts, how utterly irritating! She moved as if to stomp around, but halted and sucked in a deep breath. With her luck, she'd scatter the glitter to hell and back. [break][break]

The other woman recovered quickly enough, offering her hand to Kaida, who she seemed to realize was here to help. "Oh, I'm Kaida Adachi...I'm just a Ranger." Her admittance came out like she didn't think it was that important, that or she thought Skyler truly had three jobs, taking Skyler's hand for a quick handshake. [break][break]

"Is...is it your job to clean the beach? It's mine but, I didn't hear I'd get help." Her Pokemon twined around her legs, glaring disdainfully at the glitter as they desperately imagined what to do with it.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 9:25:01 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Ah!... Err, it's not exactly my job. I mean, sometimes the rangers ask me for help to do, y'know, ocean-related things. I've been on a few missions myself, but I'm not a ranger exactly. I just like to help out." Which was just as well because honestly the beach was a mess and Skyler couldn't imagine anyone doing this by themselves, including herself. "Good thing too, this needs some serious work."

Skyler crackled her knuckles and grinned at Kaida, only then noticing the Pokémon around the woman's legs. She gave them a cheerful little wave.

"My helpers should be somewhere further down the beach,"
she said, shading her eyes. There, close to the parasols, were three shapes totering garbage out of the beach.

She whistled sharply and the three shapes stopped immediately, growing bigger as they approached. First came a Starmie floating over the sand, followed by two bickering water types, a Sobble and a Totodile. The Sobble seemed to be wearing a pink plastic earring, strangely enough, and the Totodile had a glittering party hat on her head.

'These two, I swear...' Skyler sighed and turned to Kaida. "D'you have any idea how to deal with this glitter? Maybe we could take the top layer of sand? It won't get all the glitter, but..."

● tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 19:46:21 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Oh, so you're an ally of mine." Kaida's smile was a little underwhelming, only a curve of her lips, but she couldn't be happier to have someone around who had some experience. She found cleaning was always an irritating affair, this even more so. [break][break]

Kaida looked over at Skyler's Pokemon, including her head respectfully, "Hello, good to meet you." Her voice rose into a friendly pitch, her Pokemon crying out a greeting in return. [break][break]

Now then, that pleasantness was over. The glitter. "Hmm..." Kaida looked over the mess like it had personally insulted her, shifting to look at the pink tail of her Gorebyss in the sea. Psychic could work, but she didn't want to haul the water-type out of the water. Instead, she leaned down and patted her Seviper, "This is Hema, she can use Infestation...do you think she can make the glitter go up over the sand?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2020 10:14:10 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler put her hands on her hips as she thought about Kaida's words. She wasn't sure what Infestation did, but this pray of glitter all over the sand really did look like an infestation. A very annoying one.

"Well, it can't hurt to try," she finally said. "If your Seviper can separate a part of the glitter from the sand I can use Polaris'," she gestured at Starmie, "Psychic to levitate the glitter into a bag. We'll always take a bit of sand, but hey it's the lesser evil, right?" She couldn't just let the glitter go out to sea.

For a moment she tried to imagine a glittering pink Gyarados and was almost tempted to let it go, but her conscience wouldn't let her. That, and they still had a lot of work to do. The good thing was that the party didn't seem to have covered the entire beach, only half of it. Small mercies.

"Come on, then." She threw a small determined smile Kaida's way. "When we finish this I'll get us some ice cream, yeah?" Although it was still morning, the temperature was already rising and Skyler could feel the sweat running down her back. "We should be finished by lunch time with any luck."

● tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2020 19:25:31 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

There was no doubt that they were lucky the glitter was all dumped in one place, she couldn't imagine doing this if the beach was utterly covered in this glitter. "Hema, be careful...make the under part go up." Infestation typically created insectoid creatures to bite and nip at the enemy, but Kaida was hoping the Seviper had enough control for this particular task. [break][break]

The prospect of eating something after this was a tempting prospect, Kaida had to admit. "Can we also get a drink? I'll buy it if that's better." A bit of a glutton, she couldn't stand it if they were just snacking. A meal was needed after this job! [break][break]

However the conversation was going, Hema was concentrating. Her tail glowed a green light as she held still, then suddenly plunged it into the sand, barely missing where the glitter laid. Under the sand, Infestation activated, green particles that resembked insects suddenly pouring out and up. As an unfortunate side-effect, Kaida had to step back as the glitter spread across a wider area, but one thing became clear, the glitter was no longer under the sand. "Keep it still Hema, go ahead...um, Skyler." Kaida pointed at Skyler, her free hand hauling up the terribly unwieldy bag in case the glitter needed to be held by her.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Life's a Beach mission! Can I buy you a drink (1/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 10:43:52 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"A drink?" Skyler repeated, not expecting that response. She blinked owlishly, but quickly got over her surprise and grinned widely. "Of course! I could use with a refreshing drink after all this," she motioned to the garbage littering the beach. "And the meal is on me," she said with a playful wink.

While they were talking, Kaida's Seviper was enacting the plan they'd agreed on. Skyler turned her head enough to catch the last part of the move, and watched with something akin to fascination as the insect-like things moved the glitter up, spreading it over the sand. 

"Oh! Right!" She'd been distracted by the moving glitter, but was quick to direct Starmie to use its Psychic to levitate the particles of glitter up. At first it looked as if the glitter on the sand was trembling, making these weird patterns, before it slowly levitated up. It took a few tries, and some of the sand ended up going into the bag Kaida was holding, but at least that part of the beach seemed somewhat clean. 

"Nice work, Polaris!" The Starmie flashed its center jewel, a strange echoing sound coming from it. "That was awesome," she said, turning to face Kaida. "We make a pretty good beach cleaning team."

Hands on her hips, Skyler faced the rest of the beach. "There's only this part left to clean now. I think we'll be able to do this just in time for lunch. C'mon!" 

Skyler half jogged, half ran to the still-dirty part of the beach, grabbing a half-chewed party hat on the way. Polaris' had levitated the glitter-heavy bag out of Kaida's arm and was leaning it against the nearby dumpster. 

"You can do this side and I'll do that one." Skyler's eyes  gleamed mischievously. "Whoever finishes first gets to pick the meal and the drink."

● tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 23:14:57 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida herself stared momentarily, not expecting for her current helper to actually decide to pay for the meal, but in no way was she going to complain! "Thank you...I'm a little hungry, I admit." When was she not? She wasn't the type to stuff herself and combined with constant work, food always looked an exciting prospect. [break][break]

"I'd rather be doing important stuff, rather than picking up after...idiots." A kind word that she had to search for, rather than spitting out a true insult. She didn't understand how one wrecked a beach so badly, hooligans with their shirts off dumping trash everywhere couldn't even be blamed on alcohol's "qualities". It was either idiocy or maliciousness, and even Kaida wasn't sure what to label it. [break][break]

Still, she moved with an energy that spoke of sort of enthusiasm. Espicially given the challenge was now on what they would eat and drink! She couldn't lose that, now could she? Hurriedly, she darted over to where Din had finished clearing out the tide, collecting such trash in a hurry before moving to wherever Ormr and Hema had sniffed out trouble.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Life's a Beach mission! Shirts off (2/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 14:15:49 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The challenge Skyler issued herself made the blood pump in her veins and gave her a whole new purpose. She started gathering garbage with newfound energy and enthusiasm, working in tandem with her Pokémon to drag the remainings of the party away from the ocean and into the dumpster.

From time to time she looked over at Kaida's part of the beach, evaluating the other woman's progress and occasionally giving her a thumbs-up. She also sometimes teased Kaida, shouting over things such as, "I hope you like spicy food, cuz that's what we're getting!" And then laughing like a harpy.

The temperature rose steadily as the beach cleaning went on, and Skyler lost some of her energy to the smoldering heat. She ended up taking her shirt off and shoving half of it inside one of her backpockets, the rest of the shirt hanging out behind her. She was at the beach anyway, why not clean it in a bikini top?

She had to give it to Kaida, she was fast. When Skyler once again looked at the other woman's part of the beach and saw that it was pretty much done save for one or two things, she started sprinting. Her own Pokémon grew confused and stopped what they doing to watch their trainer almost throw herself into the dumpster, blonde curls sticking to her face as she jumped away and went back to the beach to grab another thing.

When she was finally done, Skyler wiped the sweat from her brow and practically collapsed on the sand. She leaned her body back, closed her eyes and forced herself to breathe. Sometimes she took these challenges way too seriously, but her heart was still pumping with adrenaline and a wild grin wanted to make its way to her mouth. She felt, despite the heat and the exhaustion, pretty great!

"So, who won?" She asked Kaida, getting up and dusting sand from... well, everywhere.

● tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 0:12:14 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Spicy food. The dilemma of sweet versus spicy, it gave Kaida pause. [break][break]

Unlike Skyler, Kaida did not sprint, only walking about briskly as she steadily cleaned. Her Pokemon could neither hold plenty of garbage, nor use Psychic abilities except for the Gorebyss steadily adding to their load. Thus, it was Kaida following her two serpent's taking the bulk of the work...and she could not lie. [break][break]

She lost. [break][break]

Lugging her last garbage bag, Kaida sidled up to where Skyler lay, shaking the bag and leaning forward, "Clearly you." She didn't look upset, food was food...but She was a little worried about what drink she'd end up having...she would have chosen sugary drinks, but what could Skyler choose?

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Life's a Beach mission! (2/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2020 16:45:58 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler's face brightened up immediately at Kaida's proclamation of her victory, a wry grin quirking up the corners of her mouth. "Well, that means I get to choose our meal. Hmmm..." She didn't seem to think for a long time, probably because she'd already planned the meal in case she won. The sailor was thorough like that.

"C'mon, I know the best place."

The streets of Slateport were filled with people going about their day. Now that it was time for lunch, a heady mixture of delicious smells assaulted them as they walked through the streets. Skyler could feel her stomach growling after a morning spent hauling garbage away from the sands. As she rolled her shoulders back, she could feel her muscles aching. All for a good cause.

She finally stopped in front of a food stand. Small tables with quaint chairs were arranged around it, as if it were a restaurant and not a simple food stand. Skyler leaned in, greeting the owner cheerfully. "Two specials, please!"

A sigh of relief escaped Skyler's mouth as they sat. Two huge glasses of lemonade were put in front of them as they waited for the food to be brought. "I feel tired, but it was totally worth it. That glitter though..." There was a beat of silence and Skyler felt her eyes shift to Kaida, her expression growing curious as she realized that she knew close to nothing about the woman she'd cleaned the beach with. "How long have you been with the rangers anyway? I help out sometimes, but it's a recent thing."

● tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2020 19:33:03 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida could hear a rumbling echoing from her stomach as her party set off after Skyler, only stopping to return Din to his Pokeball. The Gorebyss would have to have a personal meal later. Kaida could arrange it. [break][break]

She wasnt sure what to expect, but it wasn't a food stall. At least it had chairs, she thanked silently as she waved Ormr and Hema to rest underneath the table. The two Pokemon were friendly enough, but their presence did draw several looks as they rested on Kaida's feet like limbless cats. [break][break]

Her nails tapped the table as they were presented with lemonade, clearly happy at the drink, though she could feel impatience rising as she awaited food. Skyler was a welcome distraction, "I've been a Ranger for years...first time picking up glitter...but I never wanted any other job. I just love Pokemon, so here I am. Why are you helping? Just want to?" While Kaida was paid, she didn't think it was enough for a treasure hunter to want to risk it as a Ranger helper.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Life's a Beach mission! (2/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 13:20:38 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"It all started with those damn scum pirates," Skyler nearly spat the words out, a shadow passing over her face as she remembered her first mission. "I couldn't just let them get away with infesting hoennian waters." She'd approached the rangers then, offering her services as a professional diver and captain. "They destroyed my boat too, but I let them know who's boss." The victory had been bittersweet, but she'd gotten a new speed boat in the meanwhile so the sting of her loss had become less pronounced.

"I guess once I started helping out I just never really stopped." She finished, leaning back as their food finally arrived. The smell immediately hit Skyler's nostrils and she inhaled, mouth watering. In her plate was a lasagna-type meal with chunks of tender meat and a salad on the side. The plate itself was almost overflowing with the amount of food on it and Skyler didn't waste any time before digging in. There was a slight spiciness to this dish that had won over Skyler's heart the first time she'd tried it. "Hmmmm..."

She didn't speak for some time, too busy shoving food into her mouth. She hadn't realized how hungry she'd been up until then. The lemonade was also quickly disappearing, so Skyler asked for another to be brought to the table. Several bowls with pokémon food were brought also.

Skyler waved her fork around as she continued. "So you've been with the rangers for a few years." There was a glint of curiosity in Skyler's eyes. "What kind of missions do you usually do? I know rangers help people and pokémon with all sorts of things, but I'm usually only sent on ocean-related missions - for obvious reasons."

● tags: