2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
and stay out of my beach! [m]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 10:43:01 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler almost laughed at the clear dismay in Kaida's posture as she presented the obnoxious hat, but managed to stop it at the last second. The corners of her lips were quirked up in an amused smile, however, and her eyes gleamed with barely concealed mirth. Still, Kaida ended up taking the hat and Skyler was free to enjoy the refreshing ocean waters.

The young sailor sputtered when she was splashed in the wake of Kaida's impressive cannonball. She didn't stay atop the Lapras for long and promptly dived into the waves, Sirena following behind her.

The ocean was somewhat shallow in these parts. Without the proper equipment, Skyler couldn't go very deep, but she was good at holding her breath. She held onto Sirena as they navigated the area around the boat for a couple of minutes. There were some rocky outcroppings relatively close to them, and Skyler managed to grab onto what appeared to be a couple of shiny rocks before motioning to the Lapras to go up. 

She surfaced close to Kaida, inhaling sharply the much needed oxygen. She opened her hands to show the other woman a quartz-like stone with pink veins, and a small purple gem imbedded in rock. "See? Treasure hunter." 

The rocks glinted in the sunlight. "These would make cool pendants or bracelet charms. Want one?"

● tags:
● notes: life's a beach mission!

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 1:34:07 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Kaida surfaced, her calm face broken by a grimace that crossed her face when the straw hat dripped water all over her face, 'It stinks of salt." She grumbled, though she recovered quickly, paddling like a young pup after Skyler. Din didn't need to help her, she had released him to have his much needed rest and fun. [break][break]

She worried at the top of the water as Skyler dove, head swiveling as she considered that if something happened, she didn't know exactly how to help...thank goodness it didn't come to that. [break][break]

"Treasure...of what kind?" She mumbled, her curiosity dominated with her own seriousness, "Jewelry? In that case, I don't need it." She was already going to have an anklet for Mega Stones, and didn't think she could tolerate more useless weight on her neck or limbs.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Life's a Beach mission! (2/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 10:13:11 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler laughed in the face of Kaida's seriousness, weighting the shiny rocks in her hand. "Well, they don't have to necessarily be accessories. Sometimes I decorate my home with these. You know, so I can keep a bit of the sea with me. They're nifty knick-knacks." Not that she spent a lot of time at home. With a small wince, Skyler thought that she probably hadn't dusted in a while. She should probably get to that soon too.

"Do you have something against jewelry?" Skyler's tone was amused, a wry grin pulling at her lips as she spoke. She fiddled with the small colorful beads in her necklace. "You see these? They're good luck charms against all types of disasters. Us sailor types are very superstitious." That was a stereotype of sorts, but it was true in Skyler's case. She had the strangest beliefs, like forbidding people from bringing bananas aboard. That was just a recipe for disaster.

"Do you want me to get you some goggles so you can see underwater?"

● tags:

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 15:06:16 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Not against it, they're just heavy." Kaida mumbled, the extra weight and sensation was probably never something she was going to enjoy. Not on an ear, arm, and definitely not on her neck. "I didn't hear of these superstitions...but I think I get it. We," She indicated to herself and her Pokemon, "Got a strange shrine, not sure what it's for, but we clean it. Better safe than sorry." Legends tended to hold weight for a reason, she thought. [break][break]

"I'd like goggles." She admitted, "There's always something interesting down here." As in to usure in such curiosity, Din dive low, low as if to guide to two into seeing something great.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 17:13:46 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

There was a brief pause in the conversation when Skyler stared at Kaida with a look of disbelief on her face. "A shrine? You have a shrine?" Those weren't easy to find in Hoenn, most of them crumbling due to the modern times. She'd seen a few sailors building small towers out of rocks, hoping to please whatever power or deity was out there so that the ocean remained calm and easy. Skyler had done it a couple of times too. "I'm sure you know that sailors - such as myself - can be a pretty superstitious bunch." She pointed at the string of beads around her neck. "These are good luck charms to protect me from all sorts of disasters."

The goggles were quickly located and given to Kaida. There was a small tube that the woman could use to breathe if she wanted to stay longer underwater. Skyler also brought one set of goggles for herself, holding onto Lapras and giving Kaida a small smile. "You should go for a small dive, eh? Don't stray too far, though. Sometimes ocean currents can be tricky."

Skyler was feeling a bit lazy, so she just let herself float, using Sirena as her anchor as she drifted along, arms behind her head.

● tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 16:47:46 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Just a small one, I can't even tell what it's for, and nobody visits it anyway." Kaida explained, feeling there was no reason to be proud of an overgrown, near broken shrine. [break][break]

By the time Kaida received the goggles, she gave a firm thumbs-up before diving under. Of course, Din was already under, and heading towards a small group of Corsola, knowing that they were almost totally harmless to a Pokemon like itself. Kaida didn't dare dive too far, letting the Pokemon have their privacy as she drifted around like a piece of seaweed. [break][break]

She lingered carefully, not daring to move too much and get caught without a strong Pokemon to pull her out of any dangerous currents.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 17:14:55 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The minutes passed by while Skyler floated on the ocean surface, growing ever so slightly groggy. She asked Sirena to keep an eye on Kaida too, just to make sure everything was okay. She'd had a few scares in the past, where people would panic while underwater. That was the worst thing one could do in the ocean, so Skyler liked to be ready for those situations.

Still, she was so relaxed that she nearly fell asleep. She only woke up properly when Sirena splashed her, nearly making her inhale water. "Ow-what?" The absolutely infuriating smug expression on Sirena's face made Skyler release a sigh and she looked to the sky, knowing their time in the water was coming to a close. "Alright, we'll head back to Slateport and then Lilycove. Thanks, Sirena." She threw the Lapras a mock-dirty look before swimming over to Kaida and tapping her shoulder.

Once on the surface, Skyler would smile at the other girl, giving her a thumbs-up. "We should be getting back. Maybe we can do this another time after a mission? I have to be getting back to Lilycove, unfortunately." There was a small pause. "Here, this is my phone number. If you're ever in Lilycove tell me and we'll go for another dive." She winked at Kaida, already hauling herself to the boat. "What do you say?"

● tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 23:46:13 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida wasn't used to time getting away from her, much less underwater, where she had little ways to tell the time as she let Din lead the way. Perhaps she should have told Din this wasn't supposed to be a long swim, but the tap on her shoulder thankfully wrenched her back to reality. [break][break]

Surfacing, Kaida hastily looked upwards, startled as she realized time had truly left her behind. "Huh!? Already this late?" She grumbled, making her way back across the surface and the ship, waving Din to come on back before returning him. "I'll remember the number," She assured Skyler, she never did have the chance to do this, to be on the ocean like this. "I'll call on you, it was nice." A genuine curve of her lips signaled her truth, finally freeing herself of the dreadful hat.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 20:09:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: