Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
and stay out of my beach! [m]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 18:41:40 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

"Hmph, I hate them too." Kaida growled, a similar shadow crossing her face, "They just like to destroy." What an utterly pointless existence, there had to be easier ways to live...but she supposed it wouldn't be satisfying to them. Violence, not even survival, seemed to be the point of their existence. [break][break]

And then the food arrived, and conversation grinded to a halt. Spicy and meaty, perfect given the work they had just needed to do. As if starving, Kaida dug in, mirroring the rapidly disappearing bowls of Pokefood and only looking up when Skyler talked. [break][break]

"I'm sent to many potentially dangerous ones, I'm...good at fighting Pokemon and protecting things." She looked down at her Pokemon, poisonous and dangerous Pokemon, "We're just good at those types of missions, you understand. It keeps them from hurting humans, themselves, and I can bring back any heavily injured Pokemon I find." She shrugged, "It's what we're good at."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Life's a Beach mission! (2/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 20:31:46 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler could understand the need for rangers that specialized in dangerous missions, seeing as Skyler herself had been part of one or two. And of course, she knew that sometimes rangers were required to do things that put them at risk, especially when rogues -- like those filthy pirates -- invaded the region.

Kaida's brand of dangerous mission, though, sounded strangely specific. It made Skyler pause midway through her meal, a big, juicy mouthful of meat hanging from her fork.

The blonde tried to subtly study the other woman, but she knew that she was about as subtle as a Bouffalant in a china shop. Eventually she resumed eating, munching happily on a tender piece of meat and having reached some sort of decision.

"It sounds kind of badass, to be honest."

There were other thoughts running through her head, none of which Skyler voiced out loud. She forced the rising blush from appearing on her cheeks with some degree of success and made sure to stab the next bit of food with a strangely intense focus.

"Are you called to those types of mission often? I mean, you were cleaning glitter from the beach just this morning..."

● tags:
● notes: life's a beach mission!

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2020 18:25:56 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida startled slightly, a tremor only barely visible to most eyes, "Pfft! I'm no badass, I never said I succeed all the time!" Yes, Littleroot wasn't an official mission of hers, but she considered it a terrible failure nonetheless. As if to cover the sudden drop in her mood, she scooped up more of her food, feeling her mood pick right back up. [break][break]

"It's funny, lately I've been doing more missions like that. There's more reason, I guess, summer is pretty bad. I've also been put in charge of cooling the Pokemon down when they needed it." She sounded just as proud as usual, a job was a job, and it didn't matter if it was battle or not, she simply was good at fighting.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 15:54:02 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Well, of course nobody succeeds all the time, we're only just human. Failure kind of comes with the package." Skyler didn't notice the tremor that went through Kaida. She was naturally awful at reading people and even if she weren't, she was too busy at the moment attempting to stab a stubborn piece of some sort of vegetable that kept escaping her fork.

"Oh! I helped with that also, back in Lilycove! It's where I live," she paused as she finally managed to grab the vegetable with her fork and cheerfully bit into it, almost swallowing it whole. The aforementioned fork moved around as Skyler gestured with it. "I bought one of those kids pools too, for the pokémon to lie in. It was great."

Skyler leaned back, belly full of delicious food. Her plate was practically empty and the young woman felt a sleepiness take over her. She shook her head and had to blink hard in order to dispell the feeling. "What did you think of the food? It's one of my favorite places in Slateport. Kind of a secret too. Not many people know about this place, I think."

● tags:

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 22:13:32 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Heh, won't stop me from wishing I didn't." Kaida chuckled ruefully, was there a type of package for a human that didn't fail? Kaida didn't know, but such a package would likely be called "perfectionism package". How funny. [break][break]

Kaida frowned, well. That would cool down just fine. "A kid pool...that would have been easier." She mumbled, creating makeshift rivers out of the miserable infrastructure of the Outskirts was certainly creative, but not exactly easy. Her fork tapped her empty plate, rapping out a noise that nestled in her ears.

"The food was, well..." She waved over her plate with her fork, "It was great." Under the table, Ormr and Hema worked together to simply stuff their mouths...that food didn't stand a chance. If Kaida had her way, she would have had more, but in no way was she making somebody pay for that. "Thank you for bringing me, I don't usually eat with another like this."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 14:10:58 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"It's difficult to face your limitations, but hey, at least that means you're trying," Skyler leaned back and yawned, flicking a few errant curls away from her face.

Skyler's grin widened at Kaida's obvious satisfaction with the food. Belly full and after having worked an entire morning, Skyler felt more than ready to have a nap herself, but unfortunately she still had some work to do. The beach, after all their efforts, was at least clean.

She waved away Kaida's thank-you as if it were nothing to worry about. "I did invite you, kind of. Or, well, challenged you," she snorted, shaking her head. "Next time we're doing a mission together, you're paying - and if it is a dangerous mission, we're getting ice cream." 

The young woman looked around, but unfortunately there was no ice cream to be found at least in this place. She turned back to Kaida. "You don't eat with your fellow rangers?" Skyler had the idea that the rangers were a tightly-knit group, but perhaps she was wrong.

● tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 21:56:02 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"I know lots of places with ice cream." Kaida's smile was genuine and satisfied, clearly still willing to think about all the possibilities of food that she could offer. Sweet things had to be her speciality for enjoyment, odd as it was. "Next time I get my type of mission, I'll show you it, then we'll eat again." It was very much something to look forward to, with another person...that was a first for Kaida. [break][break]

Her head tilted at Skyler's question, as if the thought never occurred to her, "I like my fellows, they help me out very much." She had many compliments for those that put their lives on the line for Pokemon, "It's just, we're all very busy." Their leader looked exhausted, she didn't imagine everyone else was better, "So when work is done I just...go to work again, or go home to check up on my family here." To avoid confusion, she pointed to the two serpents by her feet. "...Maybe when work slows down, I can eat with them, if they want."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2020 9:41:44 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler's eyes lit up when Kaida mentioned that she knew lots of places with ice cream. "Well, it's a deal then! The missions I'm asked to help with are usually near the ocean - and it's summer - so we might see each other again fairly soon. With any luck we'll have to deal with less glitter." She let out an amused snort.

The young sailor stayed silent while Kaida explained the situation with the rangers, only occasionally hmm'ing to show she was listening. While Skyler often helped with certain missions, she had absolutely no idea how the rangers themselves operated and it was interesting to gain these small insights.

"Yeah, things have been a bit crazy lately. Other rangers I've met told me the same thing, which makes it all the more important to find moments to relax." Skyler herself knew a thing or two about becoming addicted to one's job. It was, for her at least, an uphill battle.

Her eyebrows went up at the mention of family - apparently, to Kaida that meant her pokemon. Skyler could understand the feeling, but it also felt... lonely? "If you guys want, we can arrange a boat trip somewhere." Skyler was always more than happy to go out to the ocean. "I have a fast boat," she added with a smirk on her face.

● tags:
[/b][/div][/div][/div]

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 17:38:21 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Relaxing, I do that sometimes." Kaida piped up like relaxing a month ago was in any way satisfying how much you should relax. It seemed she simply didn't understand much that such relaxing was not a monthly optional thing, but something you should do to at least try and be healthy. [break][break]

Luckily, an opportunity for that was offered! [break][break]

"A boat ride?" She did need to give Din a reward after all that work. He needed a swim in the ocean, it seemed to be good against any stress that built up in the young Gorebyss. So, with that in mind, she answered easily, "I'd actually like that." She could only hope this wasn't the day trouble found her on the ocean again.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 20:39:42 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The Pokémon at her feet seemed to light up when she mentioned the boat. They started chattering up at her and Skyler sighed, shaking her head. "These are Davy Jones and Jolly Roger," she pointed first to the Totodile and then to the Sobble. "They're the boat's first mates. They protect the boat from wild pokémon that might wander the ocean. Sometimes it happens. They're still in training though." The chattering seemed to grow a little bit aggravated at this last comment, but Skyler ignored it.

"We can do a small boat ride close to Slateport, but I need to be in Lilycove in the evening."  Skyler glanced at the clock around her wrists and rolled her shoulders back to work some tension away. "We still have time - come on. I think you'll like it."

The walk to the docks was short; Skyler knew her way around the city. She moved with renewed energy, as if just by talking about going out into the ocean had given her a boost. She stopped in front of a speed boat with letters painted on the side which read 'The Mariner 2'. 

"Come aboard!"

● tags:
[/b][/div][/div][/div]

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 21:21:31 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida smiled and nodded down at the first mates, "Nice to meet you two." She talked like she truly respected the two little Pokemon, even such little Pokemon could have such tricks to them. [break][break]

She followed Skyler with an obvious spring in her step, Ormr and Hema by her feet as they slithered behind her heels. This was the exciting part of the day to her, and all things considered, they weren't wasting time as long as they came back soon. [break][break]

Jumping abroad, Kaida and her company promptly took their place in a patch of sun. Reptiles, The whole lot of them.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2020 13:52:40 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler grinned at the human and the two pokémon lounging in the sun on the deck of her boat. Davy Jones and Jolly Roger were taking their positions by the sides of the wheel, their excitement visible in the way they were chattering. Davy, the Sobble, jumped onto the bow of the ship and gave Skyler a thumbs-up, while Jolly checked the ropes mooring the boat to the docks. It was somewhat slowgoing, but the two pokémon were definitely learning some things. Skyler grinned at them and quickly unmoored the boat, taking them away from the docks and into the open sea.

"You don't get seasick, do you?" Skyler asked Kaida over the noise of the engine and the wind whipping at her hair. This boat in particular could go fast, but the captain wouldn't do it with more people on board, especially if she didn't know their swimming capabilities. Not that she'd throw them overboard of course. 

The ocean itself was calm, and Skyler let the boat idle while she got the sea anchor out. "If you look there," she told Kaida, "you can see the remains of Sea Mauville. I don't dare get close to it - I don't want debris piercing a hole in my boat. It's really impressive though." 

She shifted to the left and gestured with her hand to a couple of rock outcroppings. "Those lead into underwater caverns. It's also where some bird pokémon make their nests. I can take us closer if you'd like. Or we can just relax in the ocean - you up for a swim?" 

● tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2020 18:07:20 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida eyes roved over the ocean as they set off, calling over her shoulder, "I'm fine on the ocean, I've done this a few times." Seasickness sounded like one of the most miserable afflictions she ever heard of, but she'd been lucky enough to avoid it so far. [break][break]

She relaxed as Skylar spoke, feeling like she was on some sort of sightseeing tour, "Could we just relax here? Swimming sounds good...but I didn't really bring anything to swim in." She trailed off into a mumble, clearly upset that she felt she couldn't participate in a swim. [break][break]

She tossed a Pokeball between her hands, waiting for an appropriate time to release the Gorebyss for his own relaxation.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 16:48:19 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler easily batted away Kaida's concerns about not having a swimming suit. "I have too many swimming suits for my own good. I practically live in them," she told Kaida, diving into the cabin for a few seconds before emerging with a swimming suit in her hands. "I bought this one some time ago, but it's too small for me. It should fit you well enough, I think." She waved it around and motioned for the cabin. "You can change in there if you'd like."

The ocean was calm around them, and Skyler seized the chance to release Sirena, her Lapras, in the waters. The pokémon crooned a high note and dived into the ocean, doing wide circles around the boat. 

"I think you might need this too," Skyler waved a ridiculously wide straw hat with a pink bow on the side. "It isn't the prettiest, but it'll protect you from the sun." Kaida was frightfully pale, and Skyler didn't want the other woman to turn bright red on her watch. In the morning it'd been fine, but now the sun was high in the sky and it was burning.

The young sailor quickly divested herself of her clothes, revealing her own sporty bikini. She put her hands on her hips and grinned back at Kaida. "Well, come on!" She didn't wait before she dived into the waters with practised ease, emerging atop her Lapras' shell. 

● tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 18:37:19 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Upon hearing Skyler had other swimsuits, Kaida hurriedly leaned over the side of the boat and released Din, who chirped gleefully as he hit water. Kaida herself accepted the swimsuit gracefully and, looking it over, decided it was the right fit. "Give me a second." Was all she said as she retreated to the cabin, changing with a practiced ease that she had gained after multiple ocean missions. [break][break]

She wasnt used to something like this but...it fit well. [break][break]

The hat though, that Kaida frowned at, but she wasn't one to refuse a gift, as useless as she thought it was. She stretched out as Skyler revealed her own swimsuit, preparing for the swim. Over the side of the ship, Ormr and Hema watched Din toss and dive in the waves, it looked fun and they could swim, but even warm water sapped their temperatures rather quickly...they were fine up here. [break][break]

Kaida had nothing like a Lapras to make a grand entrance in the water, but she thought she did make an impression. Spring in, hands firmly on her hat, Kaida leapt in like a cannonball, making far more waves that one would think her size could do.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay