Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 18:11:19 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Kaida knelt next to Silk briefly, patting the serpent's head before returning it. Very good job. She nodded as he explained some Pokemon get strange moves, understanding that he didn't quite have experience with them. It was fine, he was so helpful already today. [break][break]

"Actually, yes, I brought him today." A gentle giant of hers, sometimes simply too big to participate in most things, but there was room here. "Careful." She felt more like she was warning herself as she made certain of the room around her and where Alexander was before tossing up the Pokeball. The light expanded out into a huge shape, the Onix Kjoll looking around before he looked over to the humans, rumbling a greeting. [break][break]

"Protect. Curse. Rock Polish." She listed off various moves as the Onix stretched out his rocky body, "He's pretty good at keeping himself strong and not hurt." Even now, she was certain Kjoll had survived his underground expedition a few months ago because of his capabilities.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Training ~

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2020 14:12:05 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]alexander takes a step back, mindful of the space as an onix appears, quickly filling the space of the room. it looks strong, disciplined, which he attributes to the efforts of its trainer.

"good. having protect in your arsenal could mean life and death." his eyes drift up to regard the onix. "what is important is how good he is at keeping you safe."

he takes a moment to gather his thoughts before continuing.

"it used to be different. pokemon would only be used against other pokemon, never against humans. but ever since rocket rose to power in kanto, that mentality quickly changed." he sighs. "we were forced to adapt to survive."

"most in the league are still against it. where do you stand, kaida?"

[newclass=.stone] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone b] color: #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone i] text-decoration: underline dotted #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2020 17:27:23 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Keeping you safe. Kjoll lowered his head to Kaida's side, filling her with pride as the grinding of rocks in his throat sounded more like a growl. Yes, that wouldn't be a problem, would it? [break][break]

"Huh...really?" As far as she always knew, a Pokemon battle always involved danger to the trainer...she must have become a Ranger just in time for the mentality to stick. [break][break]

As he specified most of the League was still against using Pokemon against humans, a disbelieving scoff escaped Kaida. Her eyes were hard, and possessed no understanding for such ideas, "All the Pokemon are already risking their lives, all of us, why not them?" Anger only rose in her voice, one hand feeling at her side, "They killed me, and I still feel it. They had no mercy, and I believe in repaying everything." While her Pokemon had recovered, she'd never forget the team she had brought looking at her like a ghost, unnatural as she was. [break][break]

"...I suppose you disagree?" Her voice wound back down, expecting disappointment. Her opinion wasn't one she thought most humans had, she supposed attachment did that to people.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 8:39:26 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]her words are blunt, anger coating them as she responds. his eyes widen slightly at the mention of the incident, eyes drifting down to how she feels her side. but he leaves the thought to settle in the back of his mind for now.

"i used to disagree." he pauses. "but not anymore."

he is briefly reminded of the incident with . how the decidueye had shackled him to the wall, rendering him useless if not for his constant state of preparedness. even then, it was almost not enough to save her.

"our first priority should always be to restrain them through whatever means. but should the situation escalate, then i see no issues with killing them." he looks to kaida. "an eye for an eye, as they say."

[newclass=.stone i] text-decoration: underline dotted #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 19:15:34 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida did not delve any further than the words Alexander gave her. It was nowhere near her business to understand why someone would change their mind on harming their enemies. She could just imagine it wasn't a pleasant experience. [break][break]

"Of course." Kaida nodded at the priority given to her, "They can give valuable information, or work as hostages." Not likely what he meant, but at the very least, Kaida understood the merit of staying non-lethal at first. "I'm trying to be as helpful as I can." The words held weight, like a promise, "I won't be causing uneccessary trouble."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 14:18:23 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]"i believe you," he offers with a smile, clearing tensions that once weighed down on them. while she may not be someone he can fully trust yet, he has a feeling she will be. and it's that thought that gives him a sense of confidence in the region. a sense of hope.

clearing his throat, he continues: "while vengeance is a powerful motivator, it also has the power to be your downfall. i would be careful not to let it cloud your judgement, kaida." similar words have been said before and the dread that fills him is all too familiar. he just hopes kaida considers his words.

"are you ready to continue training?"

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 22:52:33 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida let out a long sigh, wondering momentarily how Alexander could believe that a stranger, if possible ally, like her would follow such words. He was lucky that she wouldn't break a promise, "I...promise my judgement will stay clear." Now if only she could be certain her judgement would keep her safe next time around. [break][break]

Kjoll stiffened at the word training, and Kaida ran her hand over the other two new fighters she had brought. Munin, the Krookodile. Muspel, the Charizard. Just a little bit of real-world experience, and they'd be even more amazing. "I'm ready."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 10:59:40 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]how could alexander possibly put his trust in a stranger? it would be foolish to do so out of a gut feeling. instead, he bases his trust on observation. kaida adachi is honest and determined. that is all he could ever ask for from an ally.

"good."

galahad is recalled and in his place are two bulky-looking pokemon. chessie rolls along the ground before jumping to his feet near the middle of the room. imbu stretches his arms and takes the more casual approach of walking to the middle. there, they wait.

"try and attack them."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 20:44:50 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida narrowed her eyes at the two targets they were given. A dragon and grass-type, if she was remembering properly. Expecting some kind of counter or trick, Kaida tossed out another Pokeball, revealing a Charizard that rumbled in awe as it looked around the near sterile room. "Both of you, stay close. Keep them still!" Kjoll was no good in close combat, espicially against type advantages, their hope was to stay away. [break][break]

A sound from Kaida's throat seemed to signal their attack. Kjoll reared up and, aiming for the dragon, unleashed a paralyzing Dragon Breath for it. The Charizard, Muspel, shrieked in glee as she twirled, her tail sending a spinning flame that aimed to consume the hulking grass-type in a Fire Spin. Both moves were known for their possibility of slowing or stopping their opponents and, even without a specific order, both Kaida and her Pokemon knew this, it seemed.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Training ~ Kjoll uses Dragon Breath and Muspel uses Fire Spin!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 7:24:47 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]no orders come from alexander. he watches carefully at how the charizard and onix move, how they attack, and more importantly, how they react. his pokemon give him a glance as the attacks fly their direction, as if asking for permission. a nod is given.

the blue flames of the DRAGON BREATH illuminate the room as it licks away at its target. similarly, the FIRE SPIN wraps around the grass-type, flames swirling like a vortex as it looks to suffocate its target. both attacks are allowed a few seconds to exist.

chessie and imbu burst out of the flames, kept safe by SPIKY SHIELD and PROTECT, and charge right towards the charizard. at the very last moment, they swivel on their feet, almost in unison, and turn to run towards the onix instead.

the large, immobile frame of the onix makes it an easy target. HAMMER ARM and CLOSE COMBAT look to find purchase. they don't hold back, knowing the inevitable PROTECT that will save the onix.

"what do you see, kaida?"

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 18:22:35 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

As expected, the two Pokemon made a great defense. Expecting either a counter or protection, Kaida let out a breath as they revealed they had shielded themselves, better that a blown back strike. [break][break]

Kjoll and Muspel tensed as the Pokemon made for them, Muspel spreading her wings, only to squawk in confusion as the two switched targets in an instant. Luckily, Kjoll wasn't one to hesitate on defense, conjuring a Protect to push back the attacks. As if offended at their lack of attention to her, Muspel flapped into the air and, roaring like an animal, plunged towards the armored dragon in a Dragon Rush. [break][break]

"I see they are very defensive. Good at working together too." She wasn't sure if there was something in particular she should say, so she just noted everything she saw, "They also went after the Pokemon that they had the best chance of beating. Good warriors." She didn't bother telling her Pokemon to stop, this was training and, until told otherwise, she'd assume it was continuing.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Training ~ Kjoll uses Protect and Muspel uses Dragon Rush!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 10:00:10 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]just as expected, a PROTECT shields the onix from the attacks. they clash against the invisible barrier and uses the momentum to bounce back, landing not too far away. the roar of the charizard announces its intentions, allowing them a brief moment to react.

imbu stands his ground against the impact, and though the pain is substantial, he digs his DRAGON CLAWS into the body of the charizard as he looks to hold it in place. his feet slide against the ground, tensing against the pushing force. and then imbu releases his hold and leaps back just in time to avoid chessie's ROLLOUT that looks to smack the charizard into the ground.

"they saw an opening in your positioning and took advantage of it. but your pokemon have good instincts, and now mine are forced to adapt." the battle continues in the foreground. "but they always work together."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 17:22:24 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

They were certainly a team, Kaida wouldn't deny that. "Kjoll!" She barked, prompting the Onix to raise his head a little. Muspel snarled as she was knocked away, rolling on the ground before painfully pulling herself back up. Her wings were thankfully ok, but she needed protection, Kaida and Kjoll both knew. His rocky body spun in segments, Rock Polish that would allow the Onix more agility, enough to help Muspel avoid damage. [break][break]

Muspel, seeing the Onix making his own move, didn't trail away from her enemies, only taking to the air. Even a rather ungainly Pokemon, Kjoll could cross the distance whenever necessary. Her wings flashed a white light, flinging Air Slash at the one that had smashed into her with the Rollout. [break][break]

"I think you'll find we're similar, we don't go down without a fight." Her eyes flickered back and forth as she spoke. They knew each other, teamwork was something they could always rely on, it came naturally, though with less strategy than what her opponents were showing.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Training ~ Kjoll uses Rock Polish and Muspel uses Air Slash!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 18:44:39 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]once again, the two fighting-types work in unison. imbu darts forward at the sight of the AIR SLASH, forming a PROTECT with his arms to take the full impact of the attack. his legs buckle as he redirects the attack to the side, hitting the ground soon after.

imbu paves the path for chessie to bounce up and off the ground in his ROLLOUT form, attempting to slam into the charizard in the air.

"i am counting on it."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 21:29:01 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida clicked her tongue, more of a reminder to Muspel than anything else to pay attention. The Charizard reared back, flapping backwards just in time for Kjoll to make his move, racing forward like a great machine as. Protect shimmered back to life, the Onix both defending himself and attempt to fling the Pokemon away. A separation tactic, to be sure, as he and Muspel formed back into a pair. [break][break]

Muspel rose awkwardly, clumsier than a Flying-type should be, but her attacks had the strength to compensate. Another Air Slash flew from her wings, screaming towards the dragon that had defended its compatriot. Protect was not a move that could be used rapidly, and the draconian intended to press the attack.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Training ~ Kjoll uses Protect and Muspel uses Air Slash!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay