twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 8:31:04 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]the moment chessie's ROLLOUT comes crashing against the PROTECT, the grass-type unfurls, stretching his limbs out before coming straight down at the onix with a HAMMER ARM.

imbu never stops moving. when the AIR SLASH flies his direction, he leaps over the long body of the onix and falls behind it, covering himself just enough to avoid the attack. close call!

[newclass=.stone] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone b] color: #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone i] text-decoration: underline dotted #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 3:05:19 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

The Hammer Arm screamed down at Kjoll and, knowing there was no possible way for him to dodge, Kjoll glowed a deep green, a strange energy sapping some of his earned speed in return for hardening his body, both his defensive and offensive qualities rising in turn. As such, he didn't use Protect, saving his energy for it with his Curse. The attack slammed down on his head, cracking it but failing go pierce through. [break][break]

Muspel wasn't one to let her opponent go and pursued the dragon as it leapt behind Kjoll. She barely cleared over his tail, already tilted down to Dragon Rush the opponent, hoping her sudden appearance wouldn't allow defense.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Training ~ Kjoll uses Curse and Muspel uses Dragon Rush!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 14:51:10 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]the charizard is quick to give chase, not relenting even for a moment. imbu is clipped by the attack. the impact is enough to send him backwards, smacking against onix's body before hitting the ground.

imbu rises to his feet, shedding off his skins before scattering them for a CLANGING SCALES. the attack vibrates across the room, damaging both enemies.

chessie continues his assult on the onix and swings his other HAMMER ARM, looking to crack through its tough exterior.

[newclass=.stone i] text-decoration: underline dotted #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 17:57:16 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Muspel is rushing forward, towards Kjoll, just in time. She clings to his rocky body, enjoying the protection of Protect with her close proximity. Only Kaida hears a strained groan from the Onix, while he succeeded in turning away the damage, she knows of the natural exhaustion of Protect. Kjoll won't be able to repeat the feat for a while. "Go hunting." She murmurs, hoping the rock serpent heard the command. With both sides weakened, it was time to switch to offense.[break][break]

Clinging like a lizard, Muspel bellows and lashes her wings, springing an Air Slash at the clanging dragon. She needed no instruction, not until Blaze had a reason to activate.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Training ~ Kjoll uses Protect and Muspel uses Air Slash!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 17:27:21 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]the shedding of scales leaves imbu more vulnerable but the sacrifice had to be done to ensure their next attacks land cleanly. both fighting-types know the instability of moves like PROTECT too well, and so they're both darting to close the distance with the onix.

the AIR SLASH finds connection but imbu pushes through the pain. with chessie by his side, the dragon feels unstoppable. circling the onix, they move together to deliver a HAMMER ARM and a CLOSE COMBAT.

while the battle rages on, alexander finds a moment to turn to kaida to ask: "have you met the other council members?"

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 17:46:57 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Muspel has only one choice, a painful one, but the friendly beast wouldn't have it any other way. Scrambling furiously, she leaps forward and takes the Hammer Arm, Kjoll's head drawing back to allow her shield. This time, it's a not very effective move, but still slammed her down like a piece of scrap. She hits the ground and thrashed frantically, twisty flames coming off her body and moving to Fire Spin the grass-type. Forcing a moment of levity or even trapping it were very good options. [break][break]

Kjoll and her can't do anything about the Close Combat, nothing to do but tank it, he supposes. Curse helps, but barely. Each blow still chips hos body and sends waves of pain through the rock snake. On his segmented neck, one part spins, signalling a burst of energy that it Dragon Breath screaming towards the dragon. [break][break]

"The council?" She had to tear her attention off the battlefield, hoping her Pokemon had it handled, "I've worked with Orion, he is hardworking and good." Her compliment was followed immediately by a fall in her face and mood, "And Fernando...I don't think I'm good at figuring out people and truth, but I had no idea how to talk to him." She already feared a lie, even more so a lie that she could believe was right and true. No, she didn't think she liked him.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Training ~ Kjoll uses Dragon Breath and Muspel uses Fire Spin!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 18:25:43 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]the battle continues in the foreground. twisty flames burst forth, looking to wrap around chessie. breathing becomes immensely difficult and chessie finds himself struggling. so he does the only logical thing at that point. chessie tucks himself into a ball, holds his breath, and rolls toward the charizard for a ROLLOUT, hoping to break free from the fire vortex.

a smirk grows when imbu manages to crack through onix's tough exterior, chipping away slowly at it. the blue flames that fly at him is more than familiar and the pain that follows is manageable. just like in training. nothing different. he lunges forward through the flames and swings his DRAGON CLAW down, looking to scratch through the onix's skin.

alexander nods at her words about orion, agreeing with them. a soft chuckle escapes him when she talks of fernando. "fernando is certainly an interesting man. i wouldn't feel bad about not being able to read him." not many are able to, after all. "i find it difficult to talk to him too."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 22:06:27 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Interesting...more like irritating. This is interesting." It helped her none when she couldn't even be sure an ally of hers was helpful to her or not. Nothing ever went well when you thought your allies were enemies. "He did seem shocked about me coming back to life...good to know he does not know everything either." She wondered if it was really her managing to read someone, or another trick. [break][break]

Kjoll bellowed, his wounds stacking up, and determined to ease Muspel's burden just a little, threw himself at the Dragon Claw. He'd fall, that much was certain, but Stone Edge would smash forward at incredible force. He only hoped his own hardened body would hurt like hell. [break][break]

Muspel steadied herself, breath shocked out of her lungs as she was battered backwards, digging her claws in to avoid falling over. Her tail flame started to churn, flames peeking out from under her scales. Blaze had activated. Kaida bit her tongue, refusing to give her Pokemon's next move away as she charged forward in a self-sacrificing Flare Blitz, the exploding flames intent of hitting full force.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Training ~ Kjoll uses Stone Edge and Muspel uses Flare Blitz (powered up by Blaze)!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 16:21:36 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]the laugh that escapes is genuine and pure, and alexander cannot help the smile that forms on his face. "irritating, i agree." he's just glad to hear he's not the only one. it makes saying the following a whole lot easier: "i personally would not trust him."

imbu is smacked in the face by a sudden STONE EDGE. the impact sends him flying back, soon hitting the ground with a thud only to continue rolling for a few moments. when he slides to a halt, his body feels weak, close to fainting, but he still rises to his feet.

chessie sees the attack coming but as he brings his hands together to form a SPIKY SHIELD, something happens, slowing him down just enough to not fully form the shield in time. the FLARE BLITZ breaks through, vines and wood cracking under the pressure. chessie is hit, flames burning at his skin, and is sent backward. he crashes into the ground but unlike his partner, he doesn't stand back up.

"well done. your charizard is very powerful."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 18:33:55 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Seems we can agree on that." She grumbled, watching as Kjoll shivered briefly before laying his head down. He wouldn't be getting back up, she knew, he was simply backing out gracefully so he wouldn't crush something when he fell. She returned him as one of the opponents fainted as well. "Thank you, she's becoming very important to me these last few months." An odd among of patience and resilience to carry Kaida wherever she wanted to go, she wouldn't be forgetting how much she owed Muspel anytime soon. [break][break]

Said Charizard got to her feet after her explosive attack, shaking her head blearingly. She needed more of a boost than Blaze, just to survive this next clash. "Get ready, Muspel, dance now!" With the small peace they had, Muspel snaked her head back and vigorously shook out her limbs like a dragon. Dragon Dance would help her next attack and give her the speed to do it.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Training ~ Kjoll faints and Muspel uses Dragon Dance!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 18:48:50 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]imbu stays rooted in his spot, forcing the other dragon to come his way instead. he shifts into a more defensive stance as he starts shedding more of his skins. with a high risk high reward play in mind, he sends out another CLANGING SCALES that echoes throughout the room, so much so that even alexander winces.

the battle is drawing to a close. all it takes is a few more deciding moves.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 21:41:20 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

They weren't winning. Kaida concluded dreadfully in the recess of her mind as the Clanging Scales echoed across the room. Muspel wavered, stuck between attacking from a distance, or closing in with no guarantee of a win. Kaida saw only one option, and it was try and destroy their opponent, resulting in fainting or not. Destruction of both. "Muspel, destroy it! Fight!" It was no longer a hunt to win, but a fight to not lose. [break][break]

Muspel's next attack seemed crazed, electricity circling around her claws in a Thunder Punch. It wouldn't be effective, but it held the possibility of holding her opponent still and, more importantly, could be launched quickly. She didn't need to rise, dive, or aim, Muspel simply raced forward with her newfound speed and thrust her electrical claws forward in a punching show of force.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Training ~ Muspel uses Thunder Punch!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 8:16:11 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]though he does not see it, alexander knows his kommo-o is smiling. the dragon-type relishes a good challenge and the charizard is definitely giving him one. the moment the charizard shifts in the air to make its attack, alexander knows what his kommo-o will do.

"go for it."

the order is all imbu needs to hear. his body tenses, fists clench, and he surges forward to meet the charizard head on. THUNDER PUNCH meets CLOSE COMBAT. the impact sends ripples of force and energy through the arena.

when the dust finally settles — who will remain standing?

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2020 16:16:00 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

As the Thunder Punch and Close Combat collide, Kaida feels her shoulders sag. Muspel's own strength cannot hope to match the fighting dragon's, even with Dragon Dance. The Charizard tries, by Arceus, she does try. Her Thunder Punch lands with all the strength she can manage, but the force pushes her back and across the floor, and she just cannot find the strength to do anything more than raise her head defiantly. "We lost, Muspel." Kaida calls out before the dracion can try and continue the fight. [break][break]

"Should have told you to stay away..." She mumbled defeatingly, trotting over to where Muspel lay. Had the dragon attempted to defend, dodge, or even used a less volatile move, she really thought Muspel could have won. "We almost did it...Ormr would have won it if I could use him." She assured, the serpent clinging to her loyally keeping an eye on their opponent, even if he knew the fight was over. [break][break]

"That was the two's and mine best. I don't imagine we are that impressive yet."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Training ~ Muspel faints!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2020 16:59:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]"you are. more than you realize, kaida."

alexander offers her a warm smile.

"but we can be stronger. let's keep our training sessions to twice a week. i feel as though time is not on our side."