twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2020 10:47:30 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]mystery continues to shroud itself around kaida adachi. alexander has familiarized himself with the littleroot incident, but still knows little of her situation. and while it continues to allude him, he decides not to press further. his focus has been kept on their next meeting because of the importance it holds.

once kaida arrives at the devon corp. hq, she will find herself led to one of the training arenas upstairs. it's a large space that's bare except for the rocky terrain that stretches across most of the room.

"good to see you again, miss adachi! i am sorry for making you travel all this way. i hope it was not too much of an inconvenience." sootopolis to rustboro is no easy journey; as someone who does it almost every week, he knows best.

"i would have met you elsewhere, but this is the safest place for us to train."

[newclass=.stone] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone b] color: #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone i] text-decoration: underline dotted #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2020 23:14:20 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Kaida feels like rocking on her heels, a rather unfamiliar emotion lurking in her stomach. She's excited, in some kind of way. So she brings some of her strongest, some of her most relied on. It prickles under her skin, an excitement that comes before battle. This was a safe trip, and one where she could try and learn, her Pokemon too. [break][break]

Her eyes rove over the bare space before settling on Alexander, Kaida straightening out before shaking her head, "It's ok. Muspel of mine can fly, and we've gotten used to moving around alot." Even if it was just for a few weeks, she had moved around in a panic after the Littleroot incident. It would be a shame to stop moving now. [break][break]

"I like safe," She moved further into the room, continuing to cast her gaze around like she wasn't entirely sure, then suddenly halted, "This place is good, better to train in than where someone could attack." Even training in a familiar forest wasn't an endeavour she deigned to take too often. One could never know if a wild Pokemon would take a chance against a weakened Pokemon.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Training ~

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 15:37:32 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]"the life of a ranger is full of traveling, i can imagine."

not that he would know. as someone who has been so involved in the affairs of the region, the rangers have been an organization that have, and continue to allude him. they do good work and have very capable trainers, that much he knows.

"exactly. also, the less the enemy knows about us, the better." he pauses, deciding he should further explain. "some gym leaders suffer because of it. a good enough opponent will study their tactics, their styles, and come up with ways to defeat them. the same concept can be applied to us."

it's one of the main reasons why he only uses water-types in the sootopolis gym, and why he only used fighting-types in the rustboro gym. even his tactics are relatively similar from challenge to challenge, because the more exposure he receives, the more vulnerable he gets.

"what pokemon will you be using today?"

[newclass=.stone] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone i] text-decoration: underline dotted #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 18:52:12 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

The less the enemy knows, the better. Kaida supposed if so, it was a very good thing that she both didn't show up in public much, and was blantly associated with just her serpentine Pokemon. It was better if they thought poison-types were her speciality, not the many types her Pokemon truly were. [break][break]

"I brought the two I used in the Gym battle...they're good, but we can be better, you understand." She started, then started taking out other Pokeballs, "The others are ones I rely on, they've helped me out alot." They were Pokemon she could trust would fight anything and everything, the quite possibly win. [break][break]

She hesitated on one, frowning down on it, "You said we're safe here, right?" She asked before continuing, "Cause this one I want to learn a bit more about. He did something my other Pokemon haven't ever done, he changed back and forth." The concept of Mega Evolution hadn't been seen by Kaida before, nor did she have the foresight to recognize one of her own Pokemon transforming as a Mega Evolution. She supposed she should ask about Ormr's own terrifying attack, but that could come later.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 19:11:28 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]"ah. ekans and toxtricity. they were a good duo." the toxtricity in particular had caught more of his attention, but that was mostly because the ekans had been forced to repeat the same move, which meant it wasn't able to showcase much of its potential.

safe? alexander nods, listening closely to what she says next. "back and forth..." he repeats, muttering it more so for himself as he thinks. "what happens when he changes?"

because he has a pokemon that is also able to change. he doesn't reveal it yet, however, because a part of him remains guarded. she is still a stranger, after all.

"perhaps you can show me."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 19:39:54 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"He gets more powerful, and attacks in ways that he didn't before." She explained as she released Silk, the Sandaconda blinking calmly up at Alexander as she quickly introduced them, "Silk, this is Alexander. He's a new ally, ok?" Another blink, and sniff. Silk had accepted the words. [break][break]

She didn't mind showing such a transformation, she didn't think there was very many ways it could harm her as long as Silk didn't show the true extent of the power. In one of her pockets was the stone, which she had figured out seemed to be the source of the transformation, and she turned towards Silk. "Silk, we're gonna use that stone...are you ready to change?" It didn't seem to hurt, but she wanted to make sure. Now the Sandaconda's eyes flashed with a sort of excitement, his sand pouch puffing out as he moved away from the humans. [break][break]

Pressing her hand to where the stone was, Kaida nodded to Silk, who's eyes hardened like he was looking at an enemy, and snarled. The spectacular light instantly came from the snake's body, consuming him as his eyes filled with a red fog. In seconds, Sand started whipping around the creature, the reddish fog swirling around his head as he drew upwards in what more resembled a tornado than a Pokemon. [break][break]

"This is Silk changing...it's amazing, but I don't understand." Power and patience emanated from the Sandaconda's eyes, controlling his new body and forever sandstorm as easily as breathing. He waited for Kaida, the source of the power, to give the transformation a point.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 13:47:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]alexander studies the sandaconda when it emerges from its pokeball, noting the way it regards her words with a calm blink. his exposure to pokemon native to galar has been minimal, and so he knows little of the ground-type before him.

what he does know, however, is the transformation it undergoes is spectacular. alexander watches in awe as sand is pulled around it, twisting and twisting much like a tornado would. by the end of it, he's impressed, and his smile shows it.

"have you heard of mega evolutions?"

reaching a hand to his belt, he calls out his gallade, who immediately shifts into a defensive stance at the sight of the sandaconda. "certain pokemon have unlocked the ability to bond with their trainers, which allows them to surpass the limits of their form." he reaches into his pocket for a clear orb with shades of green and red in the middle. "our head scientists developed accessories to act as the catalyst for it." he tosses the orb to gallade, before pulling his sleeve up to reveal a bracelet.

natural energies start to swirl around them, channeling into gallade as his form starts to change, and much like the sandaconda, his transformation is equally amazing.

"i imagine your sandaconda must be experiencing something similar."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 18:36:29 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Mega Evolution. It certainly sounded astonishing. "I never heard of it, but I suppose there's no other way to describe this." Silk whirled away from the Gallade when it was released, more sand adding to his personal tornado as he waited for some kind of cue. "Not yet, Silk. We're just...testing it." She mumbled. [break][break]

As Alexander spoke, she took out the stone she had, gleaming with power but devoid of any catalyst. Still, it worked, so did that mean their bond had reached a significant point? "So our bond made him this way?" Her face was tinged red, even as a smile stretched across her face, "That is good...very good. I'm, heh, really happy." Very embarrassing to say out loud, but what else could she do? "Should I get an accessory too? That looks easier." Rather than fearing she would lose the source of the power, her Pokemon and her would only need to remember the accessory. Very convenient. [break][break]

"In any case, thank goodness. It's a good thing. A good power, he can protect us even if we train alot." No matter how powerful her other Pokemon got, they could always rely on this burst of strength.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 13:39:35 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]"correct. the stronger your bond, the stronger the evolution."

he's pleasantly surprised when he sees a smile stretch across her face. he doesn't know her very well, but from what he's read and heard, kaida adachi is not one to show her emotions. it's warming, to say the least.

"oh, i can get you an accessory, no problem. would you prefer one like mine? some have anklets, necklaces, and even armbands."

a part of him is offering out of good faith, but the other part is to make sure they remain allies. he'll need all the help he can get when the time comes. regardless, he takes a step back and motions for galahad to leap forward.

"can you have your sandaconda attack him, please?"

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2020 0:40:26 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

At the topic of accessories, Kaida answered swiftly, already settled on one. "An anklet, it works out better for me." A less accessible area with a better chance of hiding it. She didn't need the enemy knowing she had access to the Mega Evolution. She didn't think much of the offer, except that there would certainly be a way she needed to pay it back. On that note..."Do you need something in exchange?" They were allies, she assumed, but he was still offering something valuable to her. Keeping the idea of paying back the gift was rather important to Kaida, if only to not be surprised. [break][break]

Silk's eyes flash as he rolled them over to Kaida, snapping back forward as she jerks her chin towards the Gallade, "Trap him." She was hoping he'd use the strange attack, and that he did. The sand crowded around the Sandaconda's head as he suddenly plunged forward and a brutal impact. Then, the special part happened. Much like a Sandstorm, sand swirled around the Gallade following impact, but was completely localized, focused only on harming the enemy. Only in this form was such an attack possible.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Training ~ Sandaconda uses G-max Sandblast!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 17:54:55 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]alexander nods. "anklet it is." the only reason he prefers it to be on his wrist is for ease of access. it's also faster to reach instead of his ankle, and the time saved could potentially mean life and death. to her question, he shakes his head and responds:

"consider it a gift, kaida."

the speed in which the sandaconda plunges forward is so rapid that alexander almost misses it. there's a sudden impact that sounds across the room, echoing with its vibrations, and as the dust starts to settle, it reveals galahad's cape, now hardened with a WIDE GUARD that protects him from the impact. the cape drops back down, now rippling as a sandstorm surrounds him.

"i really appreciate how you care for illeana. she speaks highly of you, and i now see why."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 0:50:27 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Mm-hmm." A gift. Fine then. While she stayed silent on that end, Kaida didn't plan on keeping the exchange one-sided. A payback just came as natural. When somebody did something good to you, you did something good back, and vice versa. [break][break]

Silk's speed in nearly impossible for Kaida to follow, and as such she can't believe her eyes as his strike is defended against, the living tornado that is Silk drawing back in a worm-like motion and hissing. Sand clouds his silhouette, alongside his enemy, but she can tell his strike had not passed through the Wide Guard...anybody could have this power on hand? Disturbing, and all the mire reason for her to stay weary. She was aware there was a limit, though, and started awaiting Silk's inevitable change back into his regular body. [break][break]

At least until Alexander brought up a familiar connection of hers, "Illeana...she does?" Surprise warbled across her tone, quickly smothered by a faint fondness, "We're friendly," That was the best way to describe their relationship, right? "And she helped me quite a few times." She looked upon Alexander, curiosity driving her next words, "She knows you too?" She knew the two of them were important, Gym Leader and Head Scientist, but it still struck her that they seemed to know each other. Perhaps it was like her relationships, allies.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 13:34:39 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]the sandstorm starts to die down just in time for galahad's form to shift back. his cape fades away, disappearing with what remains of the sand. galahad stands strong, but his heavy breathing is what gives him away. the impact of sandaconda's attack, along with the evolution, had taken a toll on him despite the WIDE GUARD.

alexander nods, noticing faint fondness in her words. "quite well." he pauses, but decides there's no reason not to be truthful. kaida is a friend, after all. "we've been together for a few months now." ever since he's returned to the region. how coincidental!

his eyes drift off to the sandaconda, now reverted back to its regular form. "is your sandaconda the only one capable of mega evolving?"

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 20:03:28 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Silk, now a regular size and shape, settled next to Kaida's feet. The two Pokemon were clearly exhausted from the transformation. Even Silk, who had taken no attack, had a lot taken out of him. [break][break]

"Together..." Realization shined in Kaida's eyes and she nodded, "Ah. Love. That's really good." She smiled, though she had no experience nor an idea of it, being in love seemed to make most people happy. Knowing two allies of hers had a hopeful happiness was oddly comforting. [break][break]

"He's the only one." Thinking to all her Pokemon, it was all rather exciting to know a bond could make them more powerful, "Even with one accessory, will others just...happen?" She raised up Ormr, "Do some instead take the form as attacks? Special ones?" A sound attack that took multiple enemies out? That didn't sound like a move Ekans, or really any Pokemon, could just magically learn.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
harjoitus [c]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 8:52:42 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]alexander has no idea why, but hearing the word 'love' used so freely catches him off guard. perhaps he wasn't expecting that blunt of a reaction from her. regardless, he chuckles softly, attempting to mask the flush of his expression.

"you would need particular stones for others, but i believe they work the same way." he holds the orb of galladite in his hand, showing it to her as he speaks. "i have heard of some manifesting special moves as well that are oddly powerful. but i am not too familiar with them myself." his gym battle with and his mightyena comes to mind.

alexander pockets the galladite before continuing. "i do not know much of your pokemon, kaida, but from the three i have seen, they all seem very capable offensively." which brings up his next question. "do you have any pokemon more suited to a defensive style?"