orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 9:29:15 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

There's some sort of event going on at Slateport's beach: Orion passes a couple wearing matching tees that simply read SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS and gave no further indication of what kind of tournament was in play. Given the location, he thinks it could be beach volleyball, but the crowd's too thick to see through. They've blocked off a few streets closest to the beach to protect pedestrians, and crowds of reporters are out in force.[break][break]

Orion never gave much thought to the media before he took his seat as councilman. Now, they had a habit of descending like vultures whenever there was some major event sweeping Hoenn — and if they were vultures, the recent disaster in Littleroot was fresh roadkill.[break][break]

This time, Orion isn't their target. He recognizes Ranger Adachi, would have known her face even without the recent article printed in HNN about her, and he also recognizes those circling buzzards closing in on their prey. She's not a part of the council, she isn't a celebrity, and Orion has a feeling she won't be as practiced at dodging their attention. Though he could certainly be wrong, he chances an approach.[break][break]

His Alakazam appears at his side, and he grins.[break][break]

"Hey, Kaida! You wanna dodge the press?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: thread: get out of my sight [2/4 bingo]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.teamo]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 19:12:10 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Kaida hadn't ever received much attention from the elusive eyes of the media, except as a brief mention in whatever the Rangers were tasked with accomplishing. It was only when they started taking pictures, she noticed it tended to be her face, or talking over all other noise to ask many, many questions that she didn't want to answer, that she realizes she didn't like them. Not at all. Who wanted to keep hearing about a death, just for the death? Them, apparently. [break][break]

With the streets crowded as they were, she didn't notice in time, not until familiar stares and gazes landed on her. She knew enough to clam up, trying to back away as she rapidly walked away. What were you doing when you died? Did you see anything when you were dead? How irritating. A thought nibbled away at her mind, to just release Muspel and...scare them away. That would be awful, wouldn't it? Would Ormr be less threatening? [break][break]

Before she could either snap at them or release Muspel, a friendly face appeared. "Yes! Help me!" Her voice jumped in volume, unable to stay composed in the most unlikable situation she had ever participated in.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Get out of my sight (1/4)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 12:52:24 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Kaida gives Orion all the confirmation he needs, and suddenly they're somewhere else.[break][break]

Circe's TELEPORT takes them to a nearby alleyway, and Orion grins as he gestures down one of the side streets. One of the advantages of his social anxiety was knowing the best routes to take to avoid as many people as possible.[break][break]

"They been giving you a lot of trouble since Littleroot?"[break][break]

He hadn't been there, but like everyone else, he's heard the stories. He'd suffered the press in the aftermath of the New Years and couldn't imagine how much worse it was when Kaida had supposedly died and come back to life.[break][break]

"You're probably getting tired of answering this," he says, bracing, "but... is it true, what happened?"[break][break]

He peeks out from an alley and spots a news van, dodges back and points down another route.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.teamo]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 21:46:19 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

As soon as she was freed from the encroaching cameras and microphones, Kaida sighed out her accumulated stress, instantly less fearful. "Thank you. And yes, very much." She could still hear the reporters nearby, so she didn't dare raise her voice too high. A slight smile lingered in her face, though, at their brief freedom. [break][break]

She leans against a wall, thinking that she had answered the question plenty of times, but she couldn't justify not telling an ally of hers. Orion wasn't even being pushy about it, she had to be truthful. Better for everyone involved. "Yes. I died, completely and utterly, but now I'm back." Scratching at her neck in a faux show of relaxness, her voice attempting a show of humor, "They go after every story so eagerly, I guess they're finally happy to see something that's actually shocking." As she spoke, she chanced wandering a little further, wondering which part of the city they were at.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 12:03:07 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Orion smiles, shakes his head. "Don't mention it."[break][break]

His smile fades to a look of concern as Kaida confirms the stories. He'd been sure that they must've been embellished — surely it had been a near-death experience, and not an actual loss of life?[break][break]

"Shit." It's heavy. His tone reflects this, and he exhales. "That's — I mean, it's amazing, but also... holy shit, that sucks."
[break][break]
Councilman Lykos, articulate as always.[break][break]

"I'm glad you're OK," he admits, darting down another street. It's the outskirts, the part of the city they warn people to stay away from, but it's nothing to fear for the two of them. "The Rangers need people like you. Hoenn needs people like you. I swear, every other month it's falling apart."[break][break]

He laughs, but it's strained and humorless.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 18:06:23 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

The heavy feeling that fell on Kaida's back was predictable, even she knew it was coming, but that didn't mean she liked it. "It did suck, even more when I and everybody else, found out." She wished it was possible for nobody to have found out..if she never learned she died, would the heavy feeling still feel as uncomfortable? She needed to get back to work. [break][break]

"And it's every month I'll be here now." She assured confidently, patting Ormr as he rested his head on her shoulders, "Me and my whole family, we'll protect it, even if it k-...no matter what it takes." She had to, she had that as the purpose, protect everything that was hers. Her family. Her home. Her life? Maybe? [break][break]

"Have it always been like this, even with you?" Only a few months ago had she truly gotten involved, and the constant terror was certainly the defining moments of her life. It simply seemed cruel to imagine that kind people also had their lives constantly plagued. While they were hiding, it only seemed appropriate to talk.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 16:18:06 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Though he'd heard rumours that she'd died and came back to life, the manner in which it had happened was impossible to pin down. Everyone seemed to have a different opinion or idea of how it happened. He can tell it weighs on her, and keeps this curiosity to himself.[break][break]

She'd answered the burning question, and that was gracious enough.[break][break]

He tilts his head. "The media, or the region falling apart?" Speaking of the media, they seem to have successfully gotten out of their sight. It's a relief to stop racing about for a moment, let the spike of adrenaline neutralize. "Honestly, I only got involved in both those things around the new year when I ran for office. It sort of coincided with the Rangers trusting me with some of the bigger stuff, and next thing I know I'm in the middle of it with everyone else."[break][break]

He'd even gone to space at one point. Wild.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 18:03:37 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"So my entrance into this was Littleroot." She intoned like it was both important yet simple to understand. They were both in something important, and would be dragged into every other important thing from now on. Still didn't make her happy being swarmed by all the news people. [break][break]

Speaking of said news people, they seemed to have lost their scent, she noted as she peered around a corner. Thank goodness. On her shoulders, Ormr sighed and drooped, no longer needing to be on edge. "I hope you'll trust me from now on, because I won't be leaving these things alone." She already knew Lars was an ally of hers, it would be nice to know she was trusted by Orion before she screamed away where the annoying questions couldn't reach her.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 2:16:08 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Orion nods, grim. Once they've pulled you in, it's hard to get out — that's just how these things work.[break][break]

"You've got my trust," he confirms. "I've got more faith in a fellow ranger than most of the randoms that throw themselves into danger."[break][break]

There had supposedly been a lot of that at Littleroot. The League was coming under a lot of fire for what had happened and Orion hadn't been there to witness it, could only piece together little things from word-of-mouth, the media, and the leaked footage that someone had uploaded. In it, the League certainly hadn't looked great.[break][break]

With the threat of the media gone, Orion dips his head to Kaida in expecation of farewell.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 3:49:55 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"I'm glad for that, I trust you too, you know." On her back, the eerie smile of Ormr's mirrored her own, just two beast's full of trust. Everything she had said was truthful, she intended to involve herself more, and her trust went out to all her allies. [break][break]

Unfortunately, they were likely to be caught up by the news people, and she doubted they could pull a fast one like they just did. Plus, she had things to do. So, with a polite bow and wave, she sent out Muspel, instructing her to fly as fast as she could outside the city. The job of a Ranger was never done, after all.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay