Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Conspiracy (Closed)
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 18:39:17 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Hey Lars, it's Thomas. There's something I'd like to talk to you about. If you'd like, I could get you a drink on my way over?", Thomas would ask over the phone. However the conversation went, Thomas was already at the liquor store at the time of the call, intent on buying himself some liquor. But while he was there, he might as well see if there was anything Lars wanted, before going over to his place to talk.

Despite the Gym Leader's attempts at getting through his task, he found himself unable to carry out the will of the Cocoon. He couldn't bring himself to take the Commissioner's life, and going after any of his fellow Gym Leaders, or members of the Council, was out of the question. After quietly deliberating the situation, all Thomas could think of doing was facing the Cocoon, as Lars had intended.

Dropping by the Head Ranger's house, Thomas knocked on the door. In a bag, the Kalosian had some liquor, two bottles, to be exact. One of them was Lars' favorite type of liquor, while Thomas brought his own. At this point, he was drinking straight from the bottle. After all he had done, and with what he was going to do, he needed the familiar comfort.

All Thomas could do was wait for Lars to answer the knock at the door.

tags:
notes: Oh boy, a plan's in motion!

Also "Can I buy you a drink?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Conspiracy (Closed)
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 19:57:41 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was in a quandary, honestly.

After that strange… cocoon, of sorts, had asked him to go out once more and continue doing its bidding, he had—he had to draw the line somewhere. Even he had limits on these kinds of things.

It was bad enough that he had already finished with the funeral arrangements for his sister—a quiet ceremony with no other family around (besides he didn’t know where the fuck his younger brother was) and was now… stalling for time.

The options presented to him were just—that. What the fucking hell.

There was no way he was going to axe off the person who had appointed him to his position, or his Gym Leader friend, or even the one that had somehow come back to life despite all the odds. He had limits to these kinds of things.

Lars hoped that Thomas would listen to reason—and to what he was attempting to cobble together.

Going up against that? It’s insane, but it’s the only choice we have left! He thought as he went over to answer the door.

“Come in,” he said as he opened the door wide enough for the other man to enter.

:eyes:

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Conspiracy (Closed)
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 17:35:44 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Thomas was invited inside, he would stop to remove his boots, before stepping inside. He would follow Lars as prompted, wherever he would lead the Gym Leader in order to talk. Once they were situated, Thomas would fish out the bottle of alcohol meant for Lars from the bag. "I heard you liked this brand in particular.", he told the Head Ranger, before fishing out his own drink from the bag, a rather premium brand. Without waiting, he would crack open his own bottle, and drink from it. It was the only way he could deal with this midsummer madness.

"I'm gonna get down to brass tacks, Lars, I've been thinking on what you had to say, and I've come around to your thinking. I agree that the only way this will end is if we fight. I cannot bring myself to take the lives that the Agent of Death has asked us to snuff out.", he would tell the Head Ranger bluntly. "I don't know if we'll be able to win this, but if I'm going up against the Agent of Death, it's gonna be a good way to go out, in my opinion.", he would continue, before taking another swig from the bottle.

tags:
notes: Getting straight to the point. Also Midsummer Madness

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Conspiracy (Closed)
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 20:11:57 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars knew the other man was bringing over some liquor—he’d specifically asked for that particular brand and was pleased when a bottle made its appearance. Taking it with a grateful nod, he knew that—this, this madness… he wasn’t sure if it was because of the weather or something, but this ‘midsummer madness’ had to be stopped as fast as possible.

“Wait, wait, hold up,” he began as he returned from the kitchen with a shot glass in hand before cracking the bottle of liquor open.

“What did you call it?”

He then poured himself exactly enough for one swallow before knocking it back. Hoo boy. He could tell that this was going to be a long talk. If they had to plan, they would have to do so, and plan carefully.

“Why do you call the—the thing out on Mount Pyre… the Agent of Death? he inquired, backtracking on what he meant to ask in the first place. “Do you—do you know anything about it? Anything at all?”

Maybe if they could contact the other person they’d met at the mountain, they could stand a chance, but…

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Conspiracy (Closed)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 2:49:18 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would respond to the man's inquiry with a nod. "I've grown up around legends surrounding not only the Agent of Death, but the Embodiment of Life.", Thomas would tell the Head Ranger, before taking another swig of his bottle. "Remember that White Tree that sprung up in Littleroot Town a couple of months back? That matched the description of what was described in Kalosian mythos as the Tree of Life.", he would elaborate. "The Tree of Life and the Cocoon of Destruction, according to our tales, house the Embodiment of Life, and the Agent of Death respectively. Both are supposedly the dormant states of the two. Our experiences on Mt. Pyre, and the incident in Littleroot Town, have all but confirmed to me that these supposed myths are far more than just bedtime stories.", the Kalosian continued, taking a break to take another swig of his bottle.

"Though my question is how and why they ended up in Hoenn? If the stories are to be believed, then their dormant forms should've been in Kalos, the Tree of Life in a forest teeming with life. The Cocoon of Destruction was said to be nestled in a barren, mountainous area. But then, given the places where they were found in Hoenn, their locations do make sense.", Thomas thought out loud.

In all of this, Thomas worried that by taking on the pact of the Cocoon, by accepting the Shinigami Eyes, that they all royally fucked up.

tags:
notes: Story time~ also Royal Fuck Up

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Conspiracy (Closed)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 18:32:35 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“How can I forget about the Littleroot incident—that was a fucking mess right there, he replied shortly, pouring himself another shot and knocking it back before deigning to speak once more as he poured another serving.

“You’re from there, am I right?” he inferred, hoping his guess was correct. “You called it by another title, so I figured—what other mythos do you know about these two?” he added a few moments later, wondering if they could be able to get to the bottom of this madness as fast as possible.

“Is there anything we should prepare for in case shit goes down again?” he tacked on, hoping that preparations weren’t going to be too extensive. He knocked back the next shot before pouring himself another serving.

Namely—would they be getting killed if they went up against the beast, without backup, because hell knows if they had enough firepower on their side to make it count.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Conspiracy (Closed)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 18:59:32 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would respond to Lars' inquiry with a nod. "In the case of the Embodiment of Life, that it's said that it has the ability to grant eternal life. That where it goes, life springs in abundance. As for the Agent of Death, it has the ability to drain life from the living, leaving statues and barren wastelands in its wake. Other than that, the two end up clashing upon meeting, potentially sparking an eternal war.", he would explain to Lars with a solemn frown.

"All I can say is that we should bring our best Pokemon to this fight. We might as well be marching to our deaths at this point, so before we go to confront the Agent of Death, we should make our peace, however we can.", he'd continue, before taking another break to drink his whiskey. "I told the Commissioner about what happened, that she should lay low for a while. I only told her about my involvement, however.", he'd confess to the Head Ranger.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Conspiracy (Closed)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 19:06:35 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of how the two manifested their presence, he could only flinch slightly. Knocking back his next shot, he poured another one as he tried to come to terms with what they were going up against.

“Typing. Do you have any idea what type they are? At least, the one that’s on Mount Pyre? We can better prepare that way, don’t you think?” he added a few moments later as he knocked down the next shot, too.

The little shot glass was getting another refill, if but to help him think. While it wasn’t his favorite alcohol from the Stray, it would have to do in the meantime.

“You think we’re going to need more than six Pokémon for this? I mean—have you tried looking for the other person who stuck it out with us through this—this mess? Try and see if we can coordinate a group effort, or something?” he asked the other man.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Conspiracy (Closed)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 19:34:28 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I don't know what their Typings would be, exactly, but based off of logical deduction, from what they describe the Agent of Death as, would be a Flying-type. But then, appearances can be deceiving.", Thomas would tell the Head Ranger in response, taking a long gulp of liquor afterward. Internally, Thomas was craving a drink with the taste of fruit, something he normally didn't bother with. But then, it was a strange time all around.

"I don't know about that. I don't know exactly how Yveltal would be able to drain life from those around it, but if it gains strength from the act, bringing an army might be a bad idea. I'd personally elect for a smaller, but more seasoned squad of Pokemon to combat this thing.", he would tell Lars. "I can bring my Clawitzer with me, who has the capability to heal, made more potent by its Mega Launcher.", he'd continue.

tags:
notes: Taste of Fruit

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Conspiracy (Closed)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 20:48:02 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars didn’t know how much of the liquor in his bottle was gone—it was like his hands had taken a life of their own and continued to fill up the shot glass mechanically and knock back as many drinks as he could.

He didn’t feel the burn in his throat, he didn’t feel the buzz in his head, but what Thomas said about charging in there with an entire battalion or some sort was simply asking for a fucking death wish.

“Well, you already know what my Metagross is capable of…” he trailed off, weighing the options. “We’d definitely need someone who can heal, seeing as my healer is hilariously a Gallade and not a Gardevoir. I haven’t taught them new moves in a while, but well… if it’s to get everything ready…”

He then placed the empty shot glass down and decided to abandon all pretense of formality and began drinking straight from the bottle as well.

“Let’s get our options together. We would need an attacker, a defender, a healer, and what else—I doubt status changes would take hold, so just in case I have someone who knows Ice Beam if the typing is to be taken into consideration.”

His mind was going a mile a minute now as they tried to strategize. They had to plan this carefully.

“I think I can find the other guy. Lay out our plans. See what we can cobble together. We’re going in this as a group—we’re coming out of this as a group. Right?”

Deep down inside though, he was still scared to all fuck. But his voice didn’t show it.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Conspiracy (Closed)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 21:06:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: