mclaren mcflurry
let me show you how to eat a big mac [open]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 22:37:34 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
𝐎 𝐑 𝐃 𝐈 𝐍 𝐀 𝐑 𝐘 is a luxury
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

"yeah, can i, uh, have, uh, a mcburger? sorry, a -- a burger, yeah. number four? mcmedium? a, uh, one sec..."

mcflurry checked the menu again, eyes flickering to the big screens behind the cashier. did she want a smoothie today again? maybe she should drink soda. soda was pretty good.

she'll have a soda.

"i'll, uh, have a mcrasberry soda. yeah, medium too. nothing else. ok."

the credit card changed hands as the people in the restaurant stared at the rocket-uniformed woman, her camo hat clashing with her black outfit. mcflurry didn't notice.

"o-okay, thanks. i'll just sit here. you can mcsee that? yeah? alright."

click.

clinkclinkclink.

click.

fshhhhhhh.

click.

pop. click. rrrrrip. shfff... skreeeeeee.

and just like that, mcflurry was sitting down, waiting for her order, pointedly trying to ignore how she'd failed yet another mission. fast food always helps with that.
@tag ● notes

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 7:38:43 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 thick shades wedge themselves on the stern bridge of his nose. hiding his austere gaze, the apothecary hunkers down in the seat front of mclaren. no announcement. no permission asked. a bag with a kecleon logo hangs from his stiff forearm.

"hey." elijah pulls out a hoodie from the bag. it's obviously oversized. he flings it like a dead meowth toward her. "people might think you're doing some shitty cosplay, but we're still undercover. got it?"

he grumbles.

"that's yours, by the way. don't need to pay me back."

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
it’s all winter here, even in august
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 8:32:48 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

mcflurry frowned as she just barely caught the hoodie, and the entire fast food chain looks away, minding their own business. seemed like they didn't really think mcflurry was a rocket after all.

mcflurry, however, just felt reminded of her recent failures again. so, first step: apology. that's how everything gets better, right?

(probably not.)

"i'm, uh, i'm mcsorry -- i just. i wanted a burger, because it takes my mind off of stuff, and... sorry. i'll take the mcuniform off next time, you don't, you don't have to..."

her words are slow. sluggish. aggravatingly so. but they're cut by a calling voice from the counter.

"order for number 24, in the rocket outfit?"

"o-oh! yes, that's my mcorder..."

abruptly, mcflurry gets up from her seat to grab her tray of just-thawed grease and minimum wage fries. it's a quick transaction, and she meets elijah again with wide eyes and the sound of unwrapping paper.

"should -- should i, like, use a mccodename next time? i'm really not sure -- they don't usually put me on, uh, mcspy stuff."
● god she's terrible at this job

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2020 7:47:01 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 when mclaren returns with her "minimum wage" fries, elijah plucks one. tax for using his time— not that he really minded. it was getting stuffy in his little shack.

he shoves the french fry into his greedy mouth. it disappears into a terrible gnashing of starch. "code name will help. you might get on a list." the apothecary does not stop stealing fries. "we'll get out of the shadows, eventually. what's your name? i'm supposed to get to know you better."

elijah's eyes sharpen. on the table, his propped up elbows look like prison bars.

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2020 15:46:18 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

ah. this guy is stealing her fries.

mclaren's googly eyes narrow into something resembling danger for the briefest of moments. like, actual danger -- actual competency. but it fizzles away just as quickly.

"i'm, uh, mclaren mcflurry. it's... it's mcnice to mcmeet you."

she could be either laren flurry or mclaren flurry or laren mcflurry or mclaren mcflurry, with an introduction like that. either way, she sort of shrinks under his gaze.

however, mcflurry's mind wanders elsewhere. why did they send this guy again? it's not like the higher ranks really cared about her. why her, specifically? to check if she's ok? she wasn't -- wasn't really undercover, not in her mind.

"what's your name? since, we're, uh, mcundercover. apparently."
● whats her name? who knows

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 6:23:25 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "the mc-thing. that a nervous tick?" elijah says as the butt of a fry disappears under the bars of his teeth.

he sucks the salt off a fingertip, letting it pop wetly as it leaves his lips. again, he steals. tugging away an impossibly thin napkin, he rubs his wet finger against it. it wrinkles and tears immediately. elijah crumples it into a ball.

"elijah. your name's not claren flurry is it?"

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 17:01:37 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

claren flurry...?

oh! she gets it now! is that -- is that why a lot of people kept messing up her name? she never really understood why before, but now it -- it makes sense.

huh. she felt smart for once.

"n-no, my mcname is actually mclaren mcflurry. with the 'mc'. and, uh."

mclaren's face went sort of awkward, her eyes flickering literally anywhere else, her mouth going into a long and winding series of "uh", "um", and other stutters. she took another bite of her burger, though, and immediately regained motor control of her mouth.

"it's, it's not. a mcnervous tick. i -- i think it's a, a mcspeech, speech impediment but -- i never got -- got mcdiagnosed, diagnosed. with anything, and, uh..."

she fell silent again, before forcefully grabbing her raspberry soda and slurping on it. then she talked again.

"sorry, i just. wh-what are we mcundercov, undercover for, again? and why are..."

she trailed off, considering him. he seemed like a pretty capable person. like, really capable.

"why did you, uh, need to get to know me? sorry, mcnobody -- nobody at hq ever, uh, ever mctells me. anything."
● look at her try to cover up her verbal tic

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 6:51:33 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 elijah brings a finger to his lips. a speech impediment. he's worried he has offended her— and he hides his frown. to mask it, he licks phantom salt.

"don't correct yourself." elijah offers— then takes a gravely detour. "takes longer to get to the point."

hooking his finger under the bridge of his sunglasses, he slides them down his nose. his sharp gaze cuts above the thick black frames.

"rocket's been disbanded. no one knows about the 'new one.'" he whispers. "anyway, we're unfortunately getting to know each other because i'm supposed to help you. orientation. but late. i guess." he rolls his shoulders, cracks his neck.

"pass me another fry."

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 7:43:24 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

somehow, mcflurry almost digs out a glare from underneath her pallid skin and feeble soul. she narrows her eyes, frowns a little, but it's not quite a glare, not yet. she doesn't have the constitution for that sort of thing.

"you've... you've nearly mceaten all of them, mr. elijah."

with that, mcflurry briskly slides the entire box of fries to elijah, before sighing.

"w-well, i guess -- that makes sense, why -- why i didn't... mchear. about mcdress code. this is -- this is kind of embarrassing, huh?"

as she's talking, mcflurry's muffled by the hoodie falling over her uniform. the minute woman finally puts it on, her camo hat coming off her head (which, in itself, is an event as rare as a shiny pokemon).

"so, like, uh... i guess i should mcintroduce myself in the whole... mcrocket way. o-okay, i've only -- i've only ever done this once, and that was, uh, a long time ago... nevermind, i'll, i'll just start."

mcflurry sips her soda again, and judging by the silhouette on the cup, it looks to be about halfway. then she clears her throat.

"well, you mcknow my name, so there's that... currently, i was supposed to be on a mcmission to infiltrate the mcmuseum, but -- the timeframe ended before i could, uh, mcget there. so i guess i -- and you -- are, uh, on... mcstandby?"

she shrugs, apparently not sure of herself as to what's supposed to happen here.

"i mcspecialize in defensive pokemon -- well, uh, that's what my mcfile says. i mchave a wormadam and an arctozolt, and, uh, i don't -- i don't know what else to do in an mcorientation, sorry..."

mcflurry deflates slightly, shoulders drooping.

● look at her trying to be competent. absolute failure

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 23:23:51 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "fuck the museum." elijah takes mcflurry's fry offering like a blind and voiceless deity. as he chews on another defenseless fried potato, he continues, "place needs some new exhibits anyway. shit's getting old."

as his counterpart explains her file, elijah feels sorry for her. the insecurity swells from her in incessant ebbs.

"defensive. that's nice." elijah's stomach rumbles. maybe he's already had too many fries. "nothing wrong with that. we had a problem of batshit crazies being in rocket, setting fires to places and whatever. what wormadam form? answer carefully or i'll steal your soda too."

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2020 3:20:28 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

mcflurry's just fully surrendered her fries at this point. her disappointment is immeasurable and her fries are ruined. well, at least she has her burger and her raspberry soda.

she puts her lips on the soda.

"y-yeah, i don't -- i don't know why they,"

SLURPSLURPSLURPSLURP.

"mcwanted... stuff from there."

SLUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP.

aah.

however, she stops slurping obnoxiously when she hears the next bit of information -- before the topic switches gears without any warning. mcflurry's stumbling to respond.

"i, uh... i dunno why people would mcdo that if it weren't req -- oh! uh, um, it's -- it's mcplant cloak. where i lived, there wasn't -- wasn't actually enough mcsand or trash for the, for the other ones."

mcflurry's actually getting weirdly comfortable with this guy. he's the only one thus far that she'd -- she'd actually been able to hold a conversation with.

"if you -- if you want a mcsip, it's fine, there's, there's free mcrefills..."

● humanizing mcflurry? really? blasphemy

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 1:05:06 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "plant? good choice."

elijah spares mcflurry's soda, maintaining the odd moral code of a fast food court. he crumples another napkin between his fingers. the grease lightens the colour before it tears once again: a widow's veil of failed missions and scummy diets.

"as for the why... anything a museum has is worth money." elijah pushes his shades back, fitting them squarely on his face. he leans back in his chair. "even if it's a trash cloak wormadam. by way of being inside of a museum, the value goes up."

he crosses his arms.

"you're not being paid for the assignment you botched. you know that, right?"

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 4:14:55 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

she sighed.

"y-yeah, i... i know. i'm pretty mcused to this."

the resignation in her voice was both clipped and genuine at the same time: clipped, because she didn't like talking about it. genuine, because it was clear that she wasn't playing it up for dramatics -- she really just talked about it like a celebrity would talk about the same interview question over and over and over again.

mcflurry started finishing off her burger in whole, chewing on it slowly as she spoke, her elbows fully on the table now as she kept her eyes solely on the grease meat in front of her and not anywhere near a human being.

"i'll probably go -- try to ask my online mcpatrons for more money, but i... i mchate doing that. its so mccheap..."

that bombshell of a revelation was tossed aside entirely as mcflurry got up and started collecting the trash onto her tray, somberly trudging over a few steps to go throw away her garbage. sighing, she stood next to her warm seat, looking down at elijah.

"well, are we -- are we mcdone here? we can talk more on the mcway back. i'd just, i'd rather get mcchewed out now instead of mclater..."

● aww she's bummed again

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 9:21:53 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "online mcpatrons?"

as mcflurry speaks of another world entirely foreign to this old-fashioned man, elijah scratches for understanding with the rough bristles of his brows. the sudden collection of garbage distracts his shaded gaze.POG

"don't worry. this is being chewed out." elijah sighs. "don't look like such a sorry fuck."

with a deeper sigh, one that carves a valley within a valley, he stands and shoots an offer.

"if you're really short on cash, how about we embark on a mission together. i've got some seniority, so i can help you pick and choose. how about that?"

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 15:44:08 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

mcflurry felt almost a breath of relief escape her. this was -- this was the trouble she was getting into? this wasn't nearly half as bad as all the other times.

but the next offer came fast and hard, and mcflurry had to do the mental math of her rent very quickly in her head.

and then she nodded.

"y-yeah. okay, i'll mcdo it. and i'll -- i'll be better."
● can end here!