awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Out to sea [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 19:15:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
“Well, I’m trying to impart the lessons of trust with my non-tradition challenge. At least how I structured them to be. Hilariously I have to cycle around three weather systems, I can’t make freakin’ harsh sunlight work. Sandstorms, snow storms, and torrential rain. I don’t know how to make harsh sunlight work, he grumbled as he downed the rest of the contents of his Old Glory in one, relishing the tart taste for a few moments before it disappeared.

When the mention of ‘dancing’ came up again, he let out another nervous chuckle.

“Right, are you sure you… are you sure you want to see me dance?” he added nervously. “I don’t know how much drink you can hold, but I’d rather we go home both sober than drunk.”

Of course, she didn’t know how much he could drink when vodka was in the equation. Even he had his own fair share of secrets, too.

“Alright, humor me, how the hell are we going to dance if you have the egg with you? You going to carry it around all night? he quipped a few moments later as he let out a belated bark of laughter.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Out to sea [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 19:33:37 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
"Wouldn't harsh sunlight work best with fire move learning dragons then? That'd be the reliable route I believe." she's down the rest of her cider because she doesn't feel like leaving a half full glass at the table.

When the glass hits the table her stare is dead serious. "More than you think." the cider means nothing.

Isra's already standing and picking up the egg, craddling it in one arm while she reaches for Alexei's hand with the other.

"You're going to help me hold it, how else?" she's draggiing him to the steps at the end of the bar's patio now, they can come back for more drink later.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Out to sea [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 20:13:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
“So you want me to set them on fire?” he joked as he followed her to the patio, before she revealed how she was going to do it.

“That’s going to look really strange, you know,” he remarked—before he remembered something else.

“You know, Isra, I—“ he began, trying to find his way around it. How was he going to tell her he didn’t know how to dance and that he had two left feet? What if he ended up stepping on her toes by accident?

Instead he made little noises of protest as he continued to be hauled along. How was he going to get out of this?! Oh dear.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Out to sea [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 20:29:29 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
There's a moment where she looks over her shoulder at him. "That is the point of that weaher condition in battle, is it not?"

Then she's more morried about getting him down the steps with her. Her own are silent as she's already abandoned her heels beneath the table knowing that she will not need them on the sands. She wiggles her toes into the still warm grains for a moment before turning to face him as she pulls him out onto the beach with her.

"I did tell you that you only got to buy my drink if we danced the night away didn't I?"

Isra has to be careful how she manuevors this, coming to a stop not far from the bottom of the steps. She places the egg against Alexei's hand and her own over it before reaching for the other with her now free one to do the same. Once they both hand their hands on the egg, holding it between them Isra moves her feet in a gentle sway. There's only a mixture of music and bustling sounds of night life in the distance. It seems to be good enough for her.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Out to sea [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 20:51:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
“We look like Chansey, only human,” he chuckled. While he did have the foresight to wear sandals for this little sojourn, he was thankful that he didn’t have to take them off—not that he minded getting sand all over his feet while they were down on the beach proper.

He caught sight of the last few clouds in the sky, watching as the horizon darkened from red, to purple, and then eventually to evening as the briny smell of the ocean waters tickled his nose. “You know, as long as we don’t move around too much I can manage this,” he conceded a few moments later.

“I’m going to tell you now—I don’t know how to dance. I have two left feet,” he added.

There. He had dropped the bomb on her, so to speak.

A few moments later, he then decided to steer the topic back to the ‘ambassador’, chuckling a little.

“Please don’t tell me we’re going to be like a bunch of giggling girls and come up with various codenames for Mr Prince himself,” he added as an afterthought as he tried to keep up with her movements.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Out to sea [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 21:10:04 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
Isra chuckles, he's not wrong. They kind of do. She doesn't mind though, besides it gives the egg a little more much needed attention.

"Perhaps you'll have to come over sometimes, it seems I need to look into holding dance lessons." not the alexei could have known the same topic came up in a previous encounter she'd had with her fellow rockets, having made a joke (she thought) and asking if she did lessons. She wonders if it may be a worthwhile way to pass the time.

Her brows scrunch together on her forehead. "That's just silly, why would we do that?" she's missing something, she can tell.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Out to sea [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 21:39:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
Arceus.

It was in times like these he kept forgetting that Isra had a much different upbringing.

“Don’t tell me you told him already? Outright? That you like like him?”

He was wondering if he would be able to find a way for her to eat the words she had dropped his way earlier. Looks like there was a glaring chance right here and he was going to seize it. Exploit it, even!

“Or are you still stumbling around inside your head and trying to compose yourself?” he continued.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Out to sea [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 22:00:06 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
She didn't really have to in truth. There had been something between them right from the start hadn't there? It had come about before she knew it, before she could really think about it.

"I'm not answering that question." she turns away from him, looking out at the water again with the slightest of pink on her cheeks. She tries her best to keep her composure despite the topic.

There's a small huff, the child is answering now. "I'm fine, just keep dancing." she is, her steps taking them in a slow circle. The gentle sway matching the sea. It'd be pleasant if he'd stop talking about .

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Out to sea [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 22:14:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
“Oh fine, be petty like that,” he chuckled as he watched her face change color and turn away from him—it was really hilarious to see.

He was definitely going to try and catch her in the act. All he needed was the perfect opportunity to do so. He waited until she moved again—or at least faced him once more—before basically telling him to shut up and dance.

“If I catch you in the act, you know I’m never going to let you live it down.”

Little did he know that he was going to get his chance sometime in the near future…

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Out to sea [alexei]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 6:46:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]thread complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 20 pokedollars & 2 infamy.
[break][BREAK][BREAK]

[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A NOIBAT HATCHES!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TELEPATHY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HURRICANE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAILWIND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AIR CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROOST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DUAL WINGBEAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRAGON RUSH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!