verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
throw [m]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2020 18:45:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle comes back for the next iteration of the renaissance faire. although he doesn't seemed to be dressed up for the occasion, having only worn a hoodie and shorts alongside a crown on top of his head. he makes up for it with his mightyena however.

the mightyena continues to have his princess hat on, with a wand held on his maw. kyle has now improved the costume by affixing a cape at its back, and the steady gait of the pokemon makes sure that it doesn't lean to one side and drag to the dirt.

kyle finds a booth for another game, and standing before it was a familiar face. he is inclined to approach, tapping her once in her shoulder with a greeting.

"oh, hey. you're not banned yet," he says with a smile.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
throw [m]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2020 8:38:50 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

This time, Skyler swears to herself, she's not getting kicked out of the renfaire.

Seeing as last time she'd worn a princess gown - much to her horror - this time she has decided to take matters into her own hands. She's wearing her normal clothes, just a t-shirt and some shorts, but there's a fake jewelled sword at her hip and she has a very fancy moustache on her face. By her side is a Dusknoir in, of all things, an outrageously pink princess gown.

She looks strangely focused as she faces the booth. There is one single target a ways in front of her and a bored-looking knight motioning for her to go ahead and-

- there is a small crossbow in her hands. 

The tap on her shoulder has her shifting her attention from the target to Kyle, and her expression immediately changes into surprised delight as she recognizes the man. "Oh hey, my renfaire buddy!" She lowers her voice and leans into Kyle's direction. "I'm in disguise," she points to her moustache and winks at him before righting herself and pointing the crossbow at the target.

A sound of disgust leaves her mouth when the crossbow dart goes wide, thankfully harmlessly hitting a nearby tree trunk. The knight manning the booth is quick to take the crossbow away from her and shoo her away. "Well, here's to hoping I'll hit the target one day." Skyler sighs, but her funk doesn't last long. When she looks at Kyle, there's a cheerful smile on her face. "How about we go get a drink? I'll buy."

● tags:
● notes: ...

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
throw [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 19:26:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he blinks at her before he opens his mouth to a silent gasp, winking, clicking his tongue and then giving her a single finger gun.

he watches her fire off a crossbow. kyle is quick to deduce that he probably won't be able to do it himself either. while he has shot guns before, the assumption that it works differently with crossbows weren't that far off reality.

the offer that came right after the attempt was taken quickly. he was here to kill time anyways, and hanging out with someone usually does that faster than games.

"ooh, sure," he answers with excitement. "what do you have in mind?"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
throw [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 9:21:56 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"There's this booth that has funny themed drinks." Skyler looks around, catching from the corner of her eyes a pink princess hat on a mightyena. She knows it's the same hat as that other time and gives it a wide berth. Stalker hat. The Mightyena, she has to admit, looks pretty cute with it and she's quick to tell Kyle that.

"Hah! There it is!" Her hand grabs onto Kyle's wrist and she's practically dragging him behind her while maneuvering through the crowds. 

The booth itself looks somewhat ramshackle, but it seems to be on purpose. There's a witch manning the booth and a wooden sign displaying a list of magical potions they can acquire. Skyler greets the woman cheerfully and barely glances at the names before asking for something called Phial of Blissful Forgetfulness. 

She turns to Kyle with a grin on her face and motions for the booth. "What are you having?" 

● tags:

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
throw [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 18:40:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he opens his mouth to protest when he gets dragged around, although no words come out. he wasn't really a touchy-feely person, but he's trying to work on it.

by the time they arrive, kyle sees why skyler would want to bring him to the stall. there's a sigh of relief that comes out of kyle when he sees it, no matter how dubious it was. "i thought you'd be the type to daydrink, to be honest," kyle confesses.

he stares at the menu and looks at the various choices. uncertain on which ones would actually taste good, he opts for the one that sounds the least weird out of the choices.

"potion of fire breath," he answers, turning to the one on a witch costume for his order to be acknowledged.

despite the smile, kyle turns to skyler and gets something out of his head. "these are just regular drinks though, right?" kyle couldn't hide the doubt he had for this place.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
throw [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2020 9:36:28 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler can't help but throw her head back and laugh at Kyle's comment about her daydrinking. "Well, not really. I need to be sharp and focused when I go out to sea." It's a risky job after all, and one she wouldn't survive if she were drunk. "I wouldn't say no to a party or just having a drink with friends later in the day." Assuming, of course, that she wouldn't have to work the next day.

The young woman happily takes her drink and pays for both drinks, excitedly peering at the bubbling liquid inside her -- was it a mini cauldron? Yeah, it was. Awesome. The liquid itself has a strange purple-ish color, but as she drinks from the straw, it tastes fruity and sweet and fresh.

"Hmmmm, this is good."

She nearly snorts when Kyle asks her if these are regular drinks and she thinks it's kind of cute how doubtful he looks. "Yeah, they're just regular drinks. Juice and stuff. They're just, y'know, creative. I promise it's nothing bad."

There's a lull as she takes another sip of her drink, the freshness helping her a bit with the summer heat. She gives Kyle a mischievous look. "Is there any activity in the ren-faire that you'd like to try?"

● tags:

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
throw [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2020 19:56:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
if he was to be honest, he'd honestly forgotten that part of her introduction and only focused on the part where she mentioned she's a treasure hunter. he won't admit to that though, cause that's rude.

the drinks arrive. kyle takes his, all bottled up in what a stereotypical rpg-style bottle of potion. he takes a whiff at the red concoction, and when skyler finally eases him into drinking it by telling it's just any other normal drink, kyle takes a sip.

a few smacks of his lips and he concludes that he actually likes it. he takes another sip before answering her.

"i've always been part of the exhibition matches," kyle tells her. "kinda like an opening act, and everyone goes in a free-for-all with their pokemon. you've been on one of those?"

kyle was pretty sure they only seldomly held it since people always go wild with those.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
throw [m]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 18:52:55 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"An exhibition match? I can't say I have." Skyler's voice is perplexed, and her head tilts to the side as curiosity lights up her eyes. "It sounds chaotic to be honest..." She tries several words in her head, but most of them just don't sound right. "... and kind of fun." She tries to imagine a free-for-all with pokémon, but her brain gives up on her. Maybe next time she'll participate in one? She has some non-water pokémon now after all... "Don't people get hurt?"

She takes another sip of her drink and starts walking, looking at the medieval activites going on around her. Her moustache has gone a little lopsided, but she hasn't noticed it. "I like to throw things," she tells Kyle, a mischievous smile curling the corners of her mouth. "If you haven't noticed yet." 

Crossbows have been her latest attempt, but so far she found she has absolutely no skill for throwing sharp things at targets, no matter how close they are.

"Speaking of, I think I saw a javelin-throwing booth somewhere." 

Oh no.

● tags:

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
throw [m]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 10:33:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah, but medics are always around, so it's no problem."

for a moment, kyle dismisses the fact that not everyone shares his own tolerance to pain. then again, even with him being on so many instances of strong pokemon laying havoc, he hasn't seen anyone show a shred of panic or distress. it's unsettling how people were too calm during raids.

skyler says her own preference. kyle lights up as he takes another sip of his drink.

"hell yeah," kyle immediately joins in. "let's stab another wagon on the way back too!"

although he sounded genuine, the last part was not meant to be serious.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
throw [m]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2020 17:37:46 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Kyle's enthusiasm seems to bolster her own. There are crowds of people around them, but Skyler stretches her neck and gets on her tiptoes in order to to peek over some of the people obscuring her view.

Her grey eyes light up at the sight of the javelin-throwing booth, and she immediately heads in its direction, looking back a few times to make sure Kyle's following.

She drinks the last of her drink, disposing of it before slamming her hands on the booth's wooden counter and giving the woman on the other side an innocent grin. "Me and my friend here would like to give this javelin throwing thing a go." 

A giddy sort of excitement radiates off of Skyler as she's given the javelins, passing half of them to Kyle. They're somewhat light, although their wiry length makes them hard to balance. 

A moment passes in which Skyler seems to test the javelin, adjusting her grip. "Think you can beat me, strong guy?" There's a teasing edge to her tone, a playful challenge made all the more evident by the shit-eating grin on her face. 

The first throw goes wide and the javelin is stuck on the trunk of a nearby tree. A flock of bird pokémon caw out in annoyance and fly away, prompting a chuckle from the blonde woman while the javelin lady manning the booth starts to look ever so slightly worried.

● tags:
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,231 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
throw [m]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2020 1:21:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: