[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]
[attr="class","euterpe2"]
[attr="class","euterpetop"]

[attr="class","euterpeline"]

[attr="class","euterpeicon"][attr="class","ion-leaf"]

[attr="class","euterpepost"]

The Mauville Mall was bigger than she thought.[break][break]

Sitting on a stoop, Bailey Cooper could barely see the storefronts through the hustle and bustle. A river was flowing in front of her; countless people were enamored with their own little worlds. Their eyes were staring at their phones or staring at the people in front of them. If the young woman were philosophical, she could have taken a moment to appreciate how diverse each life was from the other... but, Bailey was not that kind of person. She had her own shit to deal with.[break][break]

“Chubbie.” She squished both hands against her Spheal's face, commenting on the countless layers of flab that composed the rotund creature that was situated in her lap.[break][break]

He was helpless. That somehow made it cuter?[break][break]

“Chuuuubbie Chub.” Chubs the Spheal gazed upon his trainer with a look of ignorant bliss, unable to understand her words as she commented on his shapely figure. That dumb smile always managed to cheer her up.[break][break]

But, alas, not even the adorable eyes of her fat pokemon could solve the conundrum that Bailey had found herself in. “Mister Chubs, I fucked up.” Situated on the stoop were several shopping bags, overflowing with pokemon plushies and other ridiculous curios; far too much for a single person to ever enjoy. "They were on clearance. I didn't even want 'em," and she couldn't even return them.[break][break]

Chubs the Spheal could only "waaa," for he was a stupid pokemon.

[attr="class","euterpetag"]OPEN???

[attr="class","euterpenotes"]

haha what even is this

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Raleway:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.euterpe]border-left:solid 5px #222222;background-color:#ffffff;color:#222222;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;width:374px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpe2]border:solid 1px #eeeeee;border-left:none;padding:39px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop]height:70px;margin-bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop div]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:4px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;margin-right:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop img]height:60px;width:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeline]border-top:double 3px #e5e5e5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeicon]background-color:#ffffff;font-size:20px;color:#e5e5e5;width:40px;text-align:center;margin:-12px auto 0px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;width:150px;text-align:center;margin:-5px auto 0px auto;background-color:#ffffff;text-transform:uppercase;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost]padding:25px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost font]font:14px Montserrat;color:#999999;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpenotes]color:#999999;padding-top:25px;font-size:10px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold rush [open]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 5:32:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar

you were probably not allowed to skateboard inside the mall. but hell, in a place as big as this, there's bound to be bigger fish to fry, yea? 'sides, joey knows how to weave in and out of the crowds like a single wishiwashi carving its place in its school. for now, no one trails him. just the occasional belligerent look from uptight ladies no doubt flushed from the top of mauville hills. human garbage.

he cares little for the wealthy.

there's a jump he thinks he can make. he's done far worse. the river tempts him to leap over it, beckoning risk and reward. gore and glory. he tightens his cap as the tiny wheels roll fierce and as he lifts his board up to make the jump, a stupid sound breaks his concentration. he lands—barely. his skateboard plunges to its side and he almost trips. arms spread like a braviary and legs jostled into goofy angles.

joey stares at the offending pokemon and at its trainer, grumbling at his lost pride. he picks up the board like a dropped trophy now dented and smeared.

"'kay, so that was the most stupid pokemon sound i've ever heard." joey glances at the plushies. "it sounds like a squeak toy."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
gold rush [open]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2018 5:01:24 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]

The soul of an angel reflected in the eyes of the Spheal; all that was good in this world dwelt within the cushy layers of blubber and love that composed the rotund pokemon. With every wiggle of Chub's tiny flippers, the world was one step closer to world peace. The most useless pokemon to ever exist, you say? Wrong.[break][break]

Bailey felt her attention pull away from her Spheal. She had caught sight of someone skateboarding through the crowd, causing disorder in the flow of people; the type of person that was okay in Bailey's book.[break][break]

It was just a shame that his jump did not go as planned. Chubs' helpless cries had distracted him. Bailey watched as the young man barely managed to save himself from falling forward. Chubs, oblivious to what his voice had caused, continues to make his pitched noises as he wiggles in her hands. He squirms, peering at Joey with unbridled affection for the complete stranger. "See, now this is why I gotta always hold you. You're too easy to snatch and run off with," and too oblivious to see any problem with it.[break][break]

“Tell me about it,” Bailey replied, knowing how dumb her Spheal was. He was irresistibly dumb. Her thumbs rubbed the Spheal's back, hosting him high enough to keep him from trying to climb out of her grasp. “You see a difference?” She retrieved an identical Spheal plush and held it by Chub's side.[break][break]

Almost impossible to tell apart. Well, until Chubs decided to give his inanimate brother a love bite, which spilled out all the small, plastic beads that made the toy so squishy to hold; Spheals had big.... teeth? They would turn into tusks, but for the moment, they were pointy and sharp. "Dude. Dick move." Chubs could only stare up at Bailey with a mouth full of fuzz.

[attr="class","euterpetag"]FOR @joey

waaaa

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.euterpe]border-left:solid 5px #222222;background-color:#ffffff;color:#222222;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;width:374px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpe2]border:solid 1px #eeeeee;border-left:none;padding:39px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop div]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:4px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;margin-right:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeicon]background-color:#ffffff;font-size:20px;color:#e5e5e5;width:40px;text-align:center;margin:-12px auto 0px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;width:150px;text-align:center;margin:-5px auto 0px auto;background-color:#ffffff;text-transform:uppercase;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost font]font:14px Montserrat;color:#999999;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpenotes]color:#999999;padding-top:25px;font-size:10px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold rush [open]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2018 7:34:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar

there was charm in the spheal's stupidity. you know, like one of those helpless characters that don't know any good. like a brick tamland. or a lennie. put down in the end with a bullet rattling through the skull.

"uh, i mean." joey searches between the two for the trick, but to no avail. "there's no brain in either of 'em, so."

however, contrary to his expectations, the beads spilled like grey matter onto the floor— a mindless assault on the part of one hollow spheal.

"eh, he seems like a burden to me." joey says before hurling a thumb to the everest of dolls. "like that huge ass pile of wasted money over there. that yours, then?"

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
gold rush [open]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2018 16:55:39 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]

Bailey kicked the growing mound of plastic beads, trying to get them out of the way. “Chubs can get away with it. He's got good looks,” and he wiggled, as if agreeing with his trainer's statement.

[break][break]She had to pry the carcass of the deceased plushie from his mouth. “No. Let go. You know how to let go. No! Don't swallow–” She struggled against the beast before finally reclaiming her prize.[break][break]

“...Man, I actually liked this one,” and she threw its deflated body into the stack of toys. “Mhm. All mine.” Bailey was an impulse buyer. If she had extra cash, it was funneled into stupid things like this. “I'll donate it. Send it to the SSSP. Slow Strokes for Slowpokes. Something about... helping them after they lose their tails? I dunno, man.” Charities were weird.[break][break]

She gestured with a thumb towards his skateboard. “How long have you been riding?”

it's short my bad

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold rush [open]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2018 2:29:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"poor slowpoke. i heard their tails taste pretty good, though." his palate tingles with the familiar memory. joey's diet is not clean—even in hoenn, the live butchery is afoot.

he crosses his arms like a duoblade. in defense against her charity, joey measures her up with his spritely eyes. however, he is swiftly disarmed. his blades fall to his sides and his feet mount his board. thinking, he hums. the sound peaks then fades as he skates circles around her, the plastic beads scattering from his wheels.

"dunno. been a long time. ever since i was a kid." joey says. "and don't say i'm still a kid. i'm not."

his scrutinizing gaze is connected to her despite his speedy orbit.

"what do you do? besides throwing your money away."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
gold rush [open]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2018 7:05:45 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]

“Sounds like buyer's remorse. How is that stuff worth so much, anyway? A slowpoke isn't gonna outrun somebody,” an idiot with a knife could do it–blindfolded. The image that thought conjured was morbid; but, Bailey shrugged it off. She wasn't squeamish. Did she think it was fucked up? Sure. People were so weird. Of all the weird shit there is to eat, they pick that? Seriously?[break][break]

Chubs squealed with... delight (?) as Joey mounted his skateboard. “I couldn't pick up the hobby–I didn't grow up in a place like this,” and she waved at the Mall that surrounded them, aglow with its modernity. Her eyes focus from the spinning wheels of the board to his face, trying to gauge his age for herself. She squinted.[break][break]

“You got a babyface... but, yeah. You're not a kid.” If she was older than him, it wasn't by a lot. “Don't know why people gotta be pricks about what other people do.”[break][break]

She nudged one of the bags. “Waste my time,” the truth. “Maybe something will come along. Maybe I'll grow up. I dunno," a shrug as her words trailed away. "Hey, speaking of which...you know anyone with one of those... uh... secret bases?” Because she was offering. [break][break]

“I'm keeping the big Charizard one, though. I call dibs.”

spooooooky

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold rush [open]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 1:10:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"dunno. maybe it costs more because they don't need to think about it bleedin' out as they chomp the hell outta that shit."

joey mimes the action, his chompers gnashing on air as his gorging mouth gobbles up the tail. his hand's lifted in the air in a fist and moves in intervals toward his mouth with every airy bite like a typewriter being fed corn.

"aight. ok. you're pretty cool." joey does away with his tail. "guess first impressions are just that."

at the mention of secret bases, joey's countenance gleams.

"shit. you know about those?" he grins almost. "i got one. i dump all my shit in there. kinda like that tv show where they keep all their stuff till it like, kills them or something."

his eyes glint.

"but y'wanna come check it out? i'm just exaggerating."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
gold rush [open]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2018 0:30:50 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]

Bailey laughed. “That's fucked,” but that didn't stop her from enjoying the performance.[break][break]

From her peripheral, she caught sight of the slowpoke plushie she had purchased. Its cold and empty gaze seemed to be judging her from atop its throne of stuffed brethren. Frowning to herself, Bailey shoved the pink pokemon down to the bottom of the bag–where those eyes could not see her.[break][break]

“Yeah, 'course I do,” she had partaken in the Secret Base craze back when she was a teenager. Those days may have been long gone, but she was happy to see that the trend was making a come back. Secret Bases were the shit. As he explained his own base, it made her think back to her own. It had also been a complete disaster–a place that she occupied when she was ditching class or wanted some time to herself.[break][break]

Chubs wiggled at Joey's suggestion. Bailey had to be the cautious one. “You know, you're supposed to get a girl dinner before you invite her back to your place.”[break][break]

But, she rose to her feet and held Chubs under her arm as if he were a basketball. What was the harm? It wasn't like she had anything better to do. “Sure. Fuck it." He didn't seem like one of those... what was the word? Socio-baths?

she is so dumb im sorry

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold rush [open]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2018 22:06:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar

unaware of the disapproval from the slowpoke plush, joey is more happy to be received well. it's too bad, though. maybe they could've been friends.

the connotation of his invitation donks him on the head like a stack of rebar. it's sudden. the reaction: wholly unexpected. just now, he realizes how much of the luxuries and fond awkwardness of youth is lost to the organization.

he laments. quietly.

"oh." joey flushes red, but he plays it cool—pretending it's because of the climate or whatever. "well, okay, i mean, if ya want, we can grab burgers or somethin' along the way."

he scoops his skateboard up, hugging it to his side.

"you can just drop it off anyway." joey says mindlessly. "the uh, dolls. so you have more space in where ever you live."

joey leads the way and opts to walk.

the secret base is somewhere on route 111, north of the city. it's carved into a cave, the entrance disguised by foliage. he draws her in, and for a moment, it's dark. pitch black.

but he claps his hands. "voila!"

the property isn't impressive. some scorch marks are on the ground. maybe he was cooking there. there's a circular rug. no doubt used before, by several generations. the clap-activated lamp is the only object of value in this barren cavern; hwoever, there is a raggedy couch and a couple of plushies laying about: a musharna and stoutland.

"it's nothing special. uhhh, but hey! home's home." he looks to the entrance.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
gold rush [open]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2018 23:00:24 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]

When the lights came on, she winced–not because of the brightness, but because of what it exposed.[break][break]

“It's cozy,” Bailey lied. The base was not atrocious by any means. It was just... lacking. She stepped into the barren space, taking a long sip from the soda she had bought before they departed from the mall–it was too early for burgers. The cool air that whisked in from the exposed entrance was welcomed. It cleared the stale air.[break][break]

There wasn't much to look at. She leaned against the old couch; if she sat, she wondered if it could support her weight.[break][break]

She sipped, tasting the last of her soda as the straw released its death rattle. “How long have you been here for?” Oh, the woes of being a young trainer: broke and overwhelmed with mouths to feed. Pokemon food wasn't cheap. There had been times in her life where her own secret base was left in similar disarray. Sleeping in a cave or a hollowed out tree was better than the alternative. [break][break]

She glanced at the duo; The dusty musharna and the stoutland. Maybe she should have brought the bags along, after all? "Old friends?" They were cute.

- - -

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold rush [open]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2018 2:10:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"it gets cold at night." joey says, stretching his arms up to the earthy ceiling.

he kicks away an empty bag of pokéfood to the side. inside, some pellets shift around. the ease in which they slide inside the plastic bag betrays their sparse amount.

"awhile. dunno now. can't keep track of teh days." joey closes one eye, the other focusing on the plushies. the other, somewhere else. "yea! i'm from unova, so. reminds me of home."

he gestures to the same place where his unovan dolls wait.

"you can dump them there." joey moves near her.

and pushes her.

the boy tries to push her into the stretch of light the cavern opening provides. but the path of sunlight is suffocated by beastly shape:

a skuntank. and it fires a flamethrower that expands dramatically like a pillar of cloud left by a jet, threatening to consume bailey whole.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
gold rush [open]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2018 6:21:04 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]

She should have known better.[break][break]

The hard shove forced her into the light, into the dawning realization that she had–once again–been too trusting. Call her gullible, call her an idiot, it did not matter. Bailey found herself repeating those utterances in her own mind. She did not need someone to say them for her.[break][break]

Bailey shot a hand down towards her belt as the shadow of the skuntank revealed itself–this had been a setup. When the flamethrower was unleashed, someone could have presumed that she was engulfed in the flames. There had not been enough time for her to leap away from the stream...[break][break]

But there had been enough time to release a pokemon that could withstand the heat.[break][break]

As the flamethrower ended, the shape of something large and red would become defined: her Darmanitan. Bailey had been swept into Bumbo's arms, sheltered from the intense heat. “The fuck, dude?!” She shouted back into the cave, flipping the bird in Joey's direction as she dangled from her pokemon's arm.[break][break]

And Darmanitan did not hesitate to strike his free hand against the Skuntank; his flaming fist was tightly clenched as he swung it against the pokemon that had tried to harm his trainer.

RUDE

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gold rush [open]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2018 20:45:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"sorry... sorry..."

joey cowers from the darmanitan. gargantuan daruma doll. endless black for eyes. no wish has been granted here— instead, fate seems to mock the young boy's convictions. fate condemns him down a sadder path.

"i have to do this." the middle finger does little to him. he's used to unovan ones.

the skuntank stomachs the blow— perhaps a little too much. a horrendous gurgling travels up its digestive tract before bursting through the skunk's maw.

a terrible ACID SPRAY sprays like a fan, biting into the worn furniture. the unovan dolls. plushie stoutland's face begins to melt, its loosened plastic eye flowing in the horrible current of melting fabric. unrecognizable. just like his dream.

"i have to do this!"

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
gold rush [open]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2018 0:39:00 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

RUN FOR COVER. RUN WHILE YOU CAN, BABY. DON'T LOOK BACK. YOU GOTTA RUN FOR COVER. DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE FEAR, THAT'S A PLAYED OUT TRACK, MAN. YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE. AND DON'T LOOK BACK, JUST RUN FOR COVER.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

He had to do this? "Bullshit," was all Bailey replied as her Darmanitan lunged through the corrosive spray. He pushed through the stream, ignoring the burn that tried to melt through his very skin as fire engulfed his hands–anything to keep Bailey from harm. The wounds would scar, but that is the last thing on their minds as she is released from her pokemon's grip.[break][break]

Superpower. Once, then twice. The two attacks are delivered without the weight of Bailey to impede them. Stuntanks were sturdy pokemon–hence the name. Bumbo would keep attacking–would keep sheilding–until the battle was met with his victory. If that was an unwise strategy, it was because it came from an unwise pokemon. The Darmanitan was younger than his size would suggest.[break][break]

But Bailey does not have the time to reign him in. Her eyes are focused on Joey and his cowardice. Her eyes narrowed into slits. He had the nerve to try and kill her, and this was how he responded when it failed?[break][break]

Another crackle; another burst of white light. Kapow was summoned from the depths of his capsule; mirroring the actions of his trainer as they both raise and crack their knuckles. "Gonna need a better fucking excuse than that," and she aimed to grab him by the collar. If he were wise, he'd let it happen.[break][break]

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

@joey

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]