Vibe

Pandora
She/Her/Hers
Kalos
Rocket Scientist
Head Scientist
147 height
147 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
216 posts
Eva Dumont DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eva
Eva Dumont
Insatiable appetite [c]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2020 4:53:43 GMT
Eva Dumont Avatar
”Oh you want another one of these? Here you go! You really like these don’t you?”

Eva tossed over a piece of scrap metal that lay beside her and watched as her bundle of joy snatched the scrap out of mid-air with its long pincer appendages that came from its mouth.

And even before it could pull the metal back into its mouth the pincers began to work away at shredding it to even small pieces like two wild animals fighting over a piece of meat before devouring it.

And while the sight would probably perturb most, Eva watched on with such loving enthusiasm like a doting mother.

But this was it, the result of the samplings collected from that mess of a mission in Littleroot. The culmination of many hours of work and resources put into what was essentially playing god but regardless they had been successful in creating new life from nothing more than a piece of an arm.

And that alone wasn’t the wondrous part as fossil Pokémon existed and roamed about but this precious child is an Ultra Beast, a being not of this earth and possibly not even from this dimension. Eva was in complete bliss. At least she was until she heard a voice over the PA system.

”What?” Eva made sure to take note of whose voice was on the line as her assistants knew better than to disturb her while she was with the baby so this better be good.

And luckily for the person on the other end, it was, Eva’s guests had arrived.

”Good. Tell them to wait in the front and I’ll meet them there.” She responded, then looking to the little Guzzlord.

”Mommy will be right, okay? So you be good and she’ll be back with a tasty treat!” Eva smiled, petting the little alien monster before leaving the room.

After assuring that Guzzlord’s room was secured she made her way to greet her guests. The front for this lab was that was a simple electronics store with the lower floors being the lab that was once a simple spare lab Eva had on the main lab whenever she didn’t want to bother to be in the HQ but now had been completely overhauled into a nursery for Guzzlord.

”There you two are.” Eva appeared from a door that led to the backroom of the shop, walking past the counter to meet the two. She was glad they didn’t get lost and end up in Lilycove or something.

”We’ve got a lot to talk about so come on now no time to waste standing around.” She’d try and hurry them into the back room, past all the shelves of random merchandise and to an elevator that would lead them down to the nursery. ”I trust you two are of sound mind today, right?”

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
Insatiable appetite [c]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2020 15:21:31 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","darkKcontain"]
[attr="class","darkKheader"]
[attr="class","darkKteam"]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]"do you know what we're here for?" he asks priam as they wait standing in the lab. his gaze roams the room--though he's not unfamiliar with the interior of a lab, he's curious where the head scientist is concerned. it dawns on him how much time priam's probably spent here.
[break][break]
eva arrives before he has the chance to wander. marcel's foot drops mid-step as he offers the woman a polite smile. "afternoon."
[break][break]
they make their way past the cluster of shelves; he doesn't miss eva's peculiar phrasing. marcel falters in the doorway of the elevator before finally pushing on.[break][break]"what's that supposed to mean?" there's something accusatory in his tone.
[break][break]
[attr="class","darkKdivide"]
[break]

[attr="class","darkKnotes"]notes ...

[break]
[attr="class","darkKtag"] [attr="class","darkKtag"]

[newclass=.darkKcontain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread a]text-transform:lowercase;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKnotes]margin-top:5px;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Insatiable appetite [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 18:15:14 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam's shoulders move to a shrug as he turns to marcel. "i'unno. somethin' 'bout the stuff we got from littleroot i guess? that's the last thing she was obsessing about, if i remember correctly."

priam was, in a way, one of eva's assistants, albeit not in a conventional way as research aides are. he doesn't get to snoop in on her progress unless she specifically asks for him, which happens more often than not recently.

he probably won't understand most of her science stuff anyways. adds insult to injury since priam thinks he's responsible for obtaining the samples and he still doesn't know what they're for.

he gets ushered to a route he's familiar with. every time he goes in, priam doesn't have a clue to what he's supposed to expect. this moment wasn't different from the other times he's been here.

"i am very much of sound mind today," he answers, with an emphasis on the word 'very'.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Pandora
She/Her/Hers
Kalos
Rocket Scientist
Head Scientist
147 height
147 height
awards
216 posts
Eva Dumont DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eva
Eva Dumont
Insatiable appetite [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 23:14:14 GMT
Eva Dumont Avatar
”You know exactly what that means.” Eva hissed as she ushered the two into the elevator. After a series of different button combinations, the elevator began to go down, taking them to the subterranean lab.

”I’m glad to hear it, Priam. Hate for one of you to lose a limb today because you’re inebriated.” The thought however was interesting; it could actually make for some good data. It’s not like they had tried feeding it human flesh, at least not on purpose that is.

Well, she didn’t want Priam to lose an arm and she’d probably get in trouble if Marcel did so she’d shelve that idea for now.

”Alright then we still have a bit to go, c’mon.” The elevator doors would open and Eva was quick to make her way through the room and onto the next. Scattered about were her assistants who were going from one place to another, all of them looking rather busy and focused on whatever it was they were doing.

”Once I was able to get back to my lab after the incident in Littleroot I got to testing the samples we managed to secure and its effects. At first, I simply wanted to test its ability of rejuvenation and invigoration.” Eva relayed to the two following her.

”And it did exactly as rumor had it. Those exposed to it felt a rush of energy and healing to damaged tissue. It even brought back a dying plant. We ran a series of tests with it and found that the effects were quite promising.” As they moved through the hallway toward their destination they’d pass a series of different labs and even more workers.

”Our final test was designed to see the utmost limits of the capabilities of the soil and sap. To test and see if not only can it heals but can it revive.” They reached another elevator though this time it would require a bit more work getting into it.

A code that needed to be entered, print and retina verification all needed to be done before they could step in.

”Do you two remember the Mossdeep incident?”

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
Insatiable appetite [c]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 17:26:57 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]marcel has half a mind to drag priam out of there when eva talks of missing limbs--knowing the head scientist, he'd be a fool to take the comment lightly. unfortunately, he soon realises he'd be hard-pressed trying to get boy to follow him. not when they were already here.
[break][break]
as eva continues to talk, he glances around at their surroundings; taking them in, though there's nothing immediately remarkable about them. at the mention of mossdeep, he turns his head towards her.
[break][break]
"how could i forget?" he answers gruffly. marcel focuses on the sound of his steps, instead of the memories.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Insatiable appetite [c]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2020 16:44:24 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam's eyes widen at the talk of mossdeep. he starts to crack his knuckles as a nervous tic, although the optimistic smile remains on his expression.

"you mean the one where the forest got razed down?"

it's a separate incident from the one that both marcel and eva are likely referencing, but it's the first one that comes to mind. it wasn't resolved, however, and has not been as widely known as the guzzlord case.

"i thought everyone forgot! like, there's this big pokemon thing that flies around and plants seeds and stuff. my friend- not rocket by the way- got her pokemon all weird and shit from that thing! i was, like, running all around and firing off attacks because everyone else was busy not doing anything! ugh, i could've beaten that thing on my own if i had enough time..."

priam continues to ramble on with his own account of the 'mossdeep incident'.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Pandora
She/Her/Hers
Kalos
Rocket Scientist
Head Scientist
147 height
147 height
awards
216 posts
Eva Dumont DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eva
Eva Dumont
Insatiable appetite [c]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2020 15:23:01 GMT
Eva Dumont Avatar
Marcel understood what reference she was making to but Priam’s response threw the scientist off. Brow furrowed when she looked over to the young Rocket and listened to his recounting of an event the details she was unaware of.

She wanted to interrupt him and let him know that he had it wrong but honestly, she was intrigued and let him ramble on for a bit while taking note of what he was saying, it was a long elevator ride anyway.

They would have to have this conversation later as Eva wanted to know more about this incident but unfortunately, that wasn’t what they were here for.

”Sadly I wasn’t talking about that “Mossdeep Incident”, Priam. Though we can talk about that one later, don’t forget it.” Eva said, finally interrupting the boy’s spiel. ”I’m talking about Guzzlord.” And now they reached their destination but they would be met with another roadblock.

A security gate now stood in their way, one of Eva’s assistance was currently working on it. They were working on a series of new security procedures but when Eva arrived the assistance stopped working and moved to the side.

Eva had to go through the same process as the elevator to open up the gate but this then triggered a series of gates that littered the following hallway to open.

If Marcel or Priam were to pay any attention to this assistant they would notice that they were missing an arm.

”During Mossdeep a piece of the Guzzlord had been cut off and we managed to get our hands on it. The final test was seeing the effects that the sap would have on the appendage.” Eva explained as they would make their way down the hallway.

”And the results…..well I’ll just show you.” They reached the next room, revealing a large domelike structure that they could peer through from this side.

But on the inside, it looked as if Eva had created her own junkyard underground with the amount of scrap and other random items piled up. She’d enter another code to open the door to the dome.

”You two stay back, do not and I mean DO NOT move closer unless I tell you to.” She warned as she stepped inside. Looking around she couldn’t see the small Ultra Beast at first, but she could hear the sounds of it snacking on something in the distance.

”You two stay at the entrance. I’m back!” As she called out to the beast she noticed a bike’s handlebar and picked it up. For whatever reason, the beast enjoyed eating these so she figured it’d be good bait and decided to throw it up in the air.

It didn’t even reach its peak height before a pair of pincer like appendages flew from behind a pile of scrap and towards the bike handle bar. ”There you are!” She cooed as the Ultra Beast appeared from behind the pile and waddled over to the scientist.

”Gentlemen I give you the result of the sap on the appendage. UB Gluttony or if you’d rather another name, Guzzlord.” She stepped to the side so the two could get a good look at the alien.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
Insatiable appetite [c]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2020 11:01:59 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]the levels of security they have to cross are no comfort. nothing is protected without reason, not to this extent. a disquiet begins to settle; he forces himself not to think too much into the assisstant and their missing arm.
[break][break]
marcel keeps his distance--and would've done so, warning regardless--and watches priam, fearful the boy's excitement would get the better of him. his attention is drawn back into the room by eva's voice and, for a long second, he fails to realise the problem.
[break][break]
eventually, recognition hits.
[break][break]
"what the fuck, eva?!" marcel grabs priam by the back of his shirt and tugs him back. "why do you have that?!"
[break][break]
the memories come with such a clarity, that marcel wonders if mossdeep really was so long ago.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Insatiable appetite [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 1:07:32 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam claps his hands lightly, as if too careful not to sound too loud in the presence of two serious characters. he doesn't stop him from getting too excited, however. he inches forward before a sudden jerk from behind stops him.

"i wanna touch the baby form of it!" he blurts out.

he rubs his hands, distracting sticky fingers from attempting whatever they want to do with the miniature guzzlord. at this size, it even reminds him of his shroomish that he adores so much.

"wait, the sap did this?" he asks, finally piecing things together. unlike the research on shadow pokemon, priam wasn't that involved in this research besides getting the sample for eva. "does this work on any corpse?"

the carcass of his druddigon that he kept in his pokeball all this time comes to mind. he still wonders why he kept it.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Pandora
She/Her/Hers
Kalos
Rocket Scientist
Head Scientist
147 height
147 height
awards
216 posts
Eva Dumont DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eva
Eva Dumont
Insatiable appetite [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 17:54:49 GMT
Eva Dumont Avatar
Their reactions were met with a smile from the scientist, both of them being about what she expected. Even Priam’s slight inch forward that went against the woman’s warning was something she anticipated, wanting to see how Guzzlord would react to it.

It was slight but there was movement coming from the miniature UB, Eva suspecting the only reason why it didn’t go for the boy was that her eyes were on it. If she didn’t have decent control of it, the beast would most likely be devouring Priam now.

It was a good thing Marcel was here to make this experiment easier.

”Didn’t I tell you not to move? If Marcel hadn’t stopped you there’s a good chance you would’ve ended up like that assistant we passed earlier or worse.” Though it seemed like the training with Guzzlord since that incident with the assistant was working.

”To answer your question, we’re not sure if it works on literally any corpse.” She raised a brow at Priam.

”But, if you have something in mind we can make an attempt.”

”And why do I have Guzzlord?” In her mind this was a ridiculous question to ask.

”Why else would I have it? To study it of course! What did you want me to use the sap to just bring back a Pidgey or something?” She’d scoff at the very thought of such a thing.

”With Guzzlord not only are we able to study an alien creature from a separate dimension to our own in a safe and contained manner but we also have the creature that terrorized Mossdepp under our control. It would’ve been an idiotic waste for us not to bring back Guzzlord.”