august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 16:34:04 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"yahoo!"

from a sprint to a jump. mateo was excited to witness the ever grande's yearly conference. in high spirits from their previous mission, he was stoked to get back into the swing of things. "man, i'm so hyped!" after the shenanigans that occurred from their recent excavation. mateo had forgotten all about the tickets he snagged for himself and company.

there were only four, so he could only think of three people: himself, , and . they were allowed to bring a plus one should they choose to use the final ticket. it was between them; mateo could careless who was the fourth. he invited after spewing to him about the craziness that occurred. he invited as a way to thank him for the invite on the trip he didn't expect to experience.

anyway, the ever grande tournament was soon to begin. so he had to wait for at least one of them to show before running to grab a seat. mateo's attire for today's event was casual punk streetwear.

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 7:00:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Much like Mateo, Fernando stays away from business wear today. Fit for an outdoor spectator, the Silph wears the latest in Silph sports wear. Fresh off the heels of the Pokethalon campaign, his wardrobe consists of the off-season fashion wear built with in mind. Both his polyester shirt and track pants are built with insulation in mind. If they can handle the wear and tear of Hoenn’s very own ice avatar, they can survive the winter mid-day winds.

Martinez.” Fernando shouts once he sees the Dragon Tamer from a distance. Being several inches taller than the largest person present, Fernando sticks out like a sore thumb, hoping his superior Kantonian genetics paint him from the rustling crowd. In his hands, he juggles several plastic bottles from a nearby stand, each one untouched with the latest flavor from Armstrong’s Berry Juice.

"Where's Lopez?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 7:45:38 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]he'd text kyle to see if he was still coming. the text read as follows:

> the fuck ya at?

if he wasn't coming he could at least send him a text. the preliminaries were about to begin. "oh, 'nando!" he waved toward the councilman as if he were a casual friend. meeting him halfway, he'd ask about . "he's running a little late, guy might not show at all actually." massaging the back of his neck, he wondered if he was coming at all. maybe he got busy?

"anyway, the new aces of hoenn are about to start. we should go grab us a good seat!" pulling out a databook. mateo read through the information containing this year's challengers. "i heard all of these guys were pretty strong, there's even one mystery kid that people are saying looks at exactly like you." there was no picture beside his name though.

"they call him 'kaiba'? and there's this one other guy named 'seto'? apparently he's some sort of battle genius or somethin'." there were a lot of interesting trainers coming to make a name for themselves at the ever grande tournament. rumor even had it that they were planning to bring the winner a chance to challenge hoenn's champion for their title. "i wonder if will be here, ya think?"

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 8:00:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Ah.

How disappointing. Well, it’s not like it’s unexpected. Even between the two of them, it should still be a good time, as long as Mateo helps free his hands of having to hold all three bottles. “This year’s challenger League had a lot of hopeful trainers. They’re not Elite tier, naturally, but still very promising.” Eventually, he prods Mateo by edging him with the container’s tip.

Never heard of him,” Fernando answered plainly while they roam the area to find their seats. “But I wouldn’t be surprised if Cooper showed up one way or another. It’s be interesting to see her in action. I’ve heard rumors and seen the recordings, but seeing it live is something else entirely.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 8:28:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the phone rings in the midst of his running, whereby he'd stop and fumble about the phone screen for a while. the repetitive pressing takes little time for him to construct a message out of before he sends it to mateo.

hehehehehehehehe

he can eventually hear the familiar voices of mateo and fernando, unsure how he managed to pick them up among the business of the crowds. on his hand was an entire bucket of popcorn while the other had his morning coffee that he was supposed to consume at the start of the day.

he woke up just an hour ago.

having his ticket show his seat number proves an easy way for him to reunite with both of his friends. it's one of the better seats to watch the matches on, something he'll have to thank mateo for later.

"hey!" he calls as he eventually makes his way to both mateo and fernando. "i'm not late!"

the show hasn't started yet and that constitutes for what kyle recognizes as the threshold of being late or not.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 20:13:34 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]
[attr="class","euterpe2"]
[attr="class","euterpetop"]

[attr="class","euterpeline"]

[attr="class","euterpeicon"][attr="class","ion-leaf"]

[attr="class","euterpepost"]

A simple text message would appear on 's phone.[break][break]

not going. chubs @ groomer. have fun.
[break][break]

In truth, the Champion sat in the comfort of her room; she turned off her phone, groaning before rolling back to bed.[break][break]

Like anyone would ever challenge her, anyway.

[attr="class","euterpeline"]

[attr="class","euterpetag"]haha surprise

[attr="class","euterpenotes"]

:monkaugly:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.euterpe]border-left:solid 5px #2E2E2E;background-color:#252525;color:#757575;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;width:374px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpe2]border:solid 1px #363636;border-left:none;padding:39px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop]height:70px;margin-bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop div]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:4px;border:solid 1px #2E2E2E;background-color:#252525;margin-right:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop img]height:60px;width:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeline]border-top:double 3px #2E2E2E;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeicon]background-color:#252525;font-size:20px;color:#757575;width:40px;text-align:center;margin:-12px auto 0px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;width:150px;text-align:center;margin:-5px auto 0px auto;background-color:#252525;text-transform:uppercase;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;color:#363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost]padding:25px 0px;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost b]color:#e6a930;line-height:10px;font-weight:bold;font-size:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpenotes]color:#757575;padding-top:25px;font-size:10px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 20:33:51 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]he'd accept the bottle from . thanking him, he'd come to hear a vibration somewhere on 's person. he wondered who could have texted him. well, not really, he was a pretty important figure. "sucks, couldn't make it. i offered her a ticket, but she turned it down cause of work." she should really learn to take a break more.

it was then showed up. waving to him, mateo would call out the brunet. "yoooo!" nice, he made it. "we were just talkin', nice job makin' it in time. you excited to see the aces of hoenn this year?" turning to fernando, he'd say with a cheeky grin, "'nando here doesn't exactly think they're 'elite' tier!" as mateo took his seat, he'd continue on with his spiel.

"this is where they earn that tier. it's a place for aces to go against aces! come on, 'nando! be a lil more excited, you're gonna get to witness the future of hoenn's protectors!" and mateo's next challengers. man he was so upset to have missed out on the sign-ups. "i wanted to participate."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 8:07:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Indeed. Goode doesn't really make appearance unless needed." Fernando kills the conversation there. Holding his tongue on the matter cuts any follow-up short on his end; just in time for a set of distractions to prevent him from divulging more.

"Lopez."

The minor vibration in his pocket goes unchecked for now. With both his hands occupied, Fernando has little choice in the matter, making a mental note to check on it the moment he can pass off one more bottle to either companion. "Think?" He scoffs, playfully in jest but fully confident in his statement. "If any of the people here were as good as either of you, I'd make them a Gym Leader in a heartbeat. Anything to replace our current roster."

His eyes turn to Kyle, then to his hands, before back to Mateo. "Hold this, will you?" He offer the other bottle to Mateo, dead set on catching his message before it sets off his neurological need to stay on top of things.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 7:55:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"as long as i'm not the one fighting them in an official match," he casually laments on as he takes his seat. he'd probably have to think hard if these were so-called 'elite' trainers, and he doesn't want anything that requires him to exert effort.

when fernando speaks, kyle is quick to turn to him, adding another line to his statement. "i'd prefer consistent ones that don't act secretive, suicidal or passive please, thank you." the perfect balance is lost in their current roster. noah is the only one that fits the criteria, though bias may be present in his judgement.

as mateo is handed the bottle, kyle takes a sip from his cup of coffee that may not pair well with popcorn. at the very least, it keeps him away should the battles don't.

"why are we here anyways? i thought you're taking a break with competitive battles?" he asks mateo.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 9:45:06 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]taking the bottle from . he'd look over to answer 's question, "after the trip we had, it sort of woke me up." yeah, he was brought out of his funk after experiencing such a memorable moment. "i can't explain it, but..." he pondered on it for a brief moment, "...i don't wanna be down anymore. i've been off my game and i wanna hop back on. being depressed isn't gonna get me anywhere." of course that wasn't to say he was ready to return to the league.

"i'm having fun exploring, and i'm always one call away to help you, 'nando, or out with whatever!" he had his sight set on a new goal. "i wanna explore more and grow stronger with sceptile and dragonite. being useless isn't my style, gotta be a man with stories to tell my grandchildren when i'm old." that's right, he wanted to explore and fight stronger pokemon. he was getting fired up just from the thought.

grabbing onto the railing mateo would stand to shout, pointing aggressively toward , "and i want my rematch with that pokemon, old man! yeah, it's gonna be our training bag! next time i plan on winning with sceptile, i'll show you!" those around them would whisper with fear. unable to respond properly to the dragon tamer's sudden outburst.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 9:18:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando grunts at Kyle's little addition. That makes two of them but they both know it isn't that simple. The applicable candidates pool they have for Gym Leaders has never been anything more than lackluster. But those decisions go above him and he's long since given up on trying to protest. That's why he unofficially relegates Gym inspections to Kyle.

"And your help is appreciated," Fernando snips in as he casually tunes in and out of their conversation. He's too busy looking through his phone, staring at Bailey's message, before tilting his head in confusion. "Is seeing someone currently?"

He looks up at Mateo expectantly, unaware of proclamation for war. The eccentric, while encouraging in the sight of the newer generation of trainers, is an annoyance he's long learned to ignore in lieu of his focus. had provided more than enough practice when she first landed onto Hoenn. In comparison, Mateo is much louder and burns much brighter when causing a scene, but in the presence of a crowd, he treats him as nothing more than a crazy stranger.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 17:39:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle grimaces at mateo's loudness. he kicks him by his leg to get him to shut up and for him to watch his decorum around public, or at least, that's what he wanted to happen. kyle's not sure if it'll have any effect on mateo's hyperactiveness.

as he sips from his cup of coffee, hoping that he'd at least get an ounce of energy from mateo's boundless pool, he turns to fernando to answer his inquiry. "i don't think so. last i checked, she's still trying to make the whole champion thing work to what dahlia wants."

kyle doesn't even know if she's done with it or not. the only times they get to socialize is when they meet up at slateport pd or at the pokemon league, and on rare occasions, bailey's requests for training. even then, those weren't consistent enough.

"let me spectate that match though," he tells both of them, going back to mateo's challenge. "i wanna see how special that sceptile really is."

kyle guesses not much.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 18:20:16 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]a twitch in his brow was enough to signal his annoyance toward that statement of wanting to watch. sitting back down, he'd look straight ahead. "sceptile's special 'cause i say so!" that's right, he can't ever let his pokemon down like that again. he was finally out of that funk, and he wasn't going to allow himself to ever go back there again.

"but yeah, come cheer me on when i crush it! we've got a special attack just waitin' in the wings, idjit!" a thumbs-up was shown, winking toward with a beaming grin. "yahoo, yahoo!" he was excited about the future rematch. "i won't lose this t---hoh!" he'd look over to find the match tournament was about to start.

"it's a three on three match! this should be good!" the first trainer brought out a rhydon, whereas the other an infernape. "that's a total bad match up, the hell's he thinkin'?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 6:31:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Hm." Fernando ponders the text message while the boys converse around him. "She said she's on a date with a portly fellow. Is that her type?" He's only vocal about this because it takes all his brain cells to try and imagine what kind of man could swoon the heart of their champion. Little does he know that the Chubs she refers to is actually her Spheal. Unlike the others, Fernando has no penchant for nicknames so the connection goes over his head. It doesn't help that the news about her Contest Victory gets overshadowed by the mishap in Littleroot.

"..."

Fernando eyes narrow at the mention of the special move. He can only assume it's some derivative of the new phenomenon known as Z-moves. A brief flashback to Meteor Falls reminds him of their talk after their Adventours and the possibility of having to face something new excites him. He hides it behind a small sneer as the battle unfolds beneath him.

"On who's accord?" On paper, he can see the battle going either way. Sure, one has a slight advantage, but execution puts the margin of success in anyone's favor. "Infernape is much faster but all Rhydon has to do is land a single critical blow and it should tilt the match in its favor."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ever grande tournament
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 8:59:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the matchup surprises kyle as much as it did mateo, although the afterthought doesn't quite match with the reaction that follows afterward. he supposed the rhydon trainer was similar to kyle wherein he doesn't really care much about matchups as long as he gets to use the pokemon he likes.

"maybe he's trying to flex," kyle ponders. "kinda like those cliche moments where you wait until the opponent gets cocky and you pull out your reverse uno card."

he takes one last sip of his coffee, and after finding the cup empty, he crushes it into one paper disk.

"would've been different if it was a rhyperior," especially with its ability to reduce damage from super effective moves, "but a rhydon can still use earthquake to get an easy hit in, i suppose."

surf would be another option, although that's one of the less popular moves the pokemon has on the competitive scene.