1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
a helping hand [closed/social]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 18:38:32 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Today was suppose to be a relaxing day. He had no appointments today and everything in the city seemed decent. Everything was so peaceful until…

Ferocious snarls and fierce growl erupted from behind the close door of his bedroom. Warm orbs shot open and his heart raced, knowing damn well what was probably going on in his gym. A fight. The man leaped out of his bed, were nothing more than thick ebony sweat pants. He darted out of his bedroom, moving swiftly through his living space connected to his gym to see what the commotion was. The man burst through the double doors that lead to his gym, gaze franticly searching for the two who were fighting today.

With no sighs of pokemon at the top, he rushed to the edge of the pit to see if thats were they were. And indeed, he spotted two male houndoom’s circling each other in the center while other houndooms and houdours stood around them. Judging by the looks of it, it was Brutus and Lukas. Lukas was the houndoom with scars all over his body, the most noticeable one was the one that reached from the top of his left eye down across his muzzle to the bottom of his right lip. The scarred man let out another round of dark and deep warning growls, lips peeled back to show off his pearly whites to the other man. Brutus, one of the newer males to the pack, didn’t seem to like his place in that pack and didn’t seem to like other males. Brutus stood tall, trying to dominate over Lukas as he took bare his teeth at him. This wasn’t going to be pretty. But before Maverick could shout at them, the fight began.

The gym filled with chaos of snarl, growl, and everything in between and beyond. Brutus launches himself forward, muzzle wide open intending to harm Lukas. Lukas, a well oiled machine, easily dodged his advance by leaping to the left. But when he dodged, the scarred houndoom noticed his master at the top of the pit looking rather pissed. Lukas ceased his actions, knowing the punishment for starting a fight that wasn’t a practice battle. Brutus, however, didn’t care one bit that Lukas stopped or that his new trainer was there. Taking advantage of Lukas’s detraction, the canine launched himself at him again. This time, he manages to clamp down on the side of his neck. The force of the blow knock Lukas off his feet as Brutus pinned him to the ground, whipping his head back and forth trying to tare him apart. Lukas let out a mixture of a snarl and whimper, back legs lifted to try to kick the male off while he tried to bite at his face.

“ENOUGH!” His voice boomed with disapproval and authority, rushing down bare footed at the base of the pit, “Brutus!”

He didn’t listen.

“FOR FUCKING SAKE! GET OFF OF HIM!”

It was not wise for a human to interrupted a fight between two of them. If words can help, its best to either distract them with something else or let it go. But, he wasn’t about to get it go. That was his one of his mistakes. The gym leader rushed forward, hands expanded out as he wrapped his arms around Brutus’s neck. He yanked back, tugging on the male as he contend to try and rip Lukas apart. Lukas whined, snapping the air as blood began to pool beneath them. The mention of thing tugging at him did get him to get go. However, the creature turned to attack whatever that was. And unfortunately for Maverick, it was him.

Brutus unclenched his jaw off of the flesh of Lukas, turning on a time to crunch down on his new target. The warm liquid tasted different this time, a snap came quick as he pinned his new target to the ground. Maverick’s heart raced, agony filled him as the canine bite down harder on his arm. “AHHHHHH!” He hollered, bone snapping and blood ripping form him. This action send more houndoom’s in a frenzy. Azula and Kimba were the first to come to Maverick’s aid. The two females most loyal to him attacked Brutus with their down crunch. Kimba bite down on the male’s back left flank while Azula clamped down on the back of his neck. The new wave of pain got Brutus to let go, giving Azula the chance to knock the male off his feet and pin him to the ground with help of Kimba who pulled on him. The male fell to the ground with a thud, more snarls ripped through the air as the very aggressive male was suddenly surrounded by many other houndooms both male and female. Brutus tried to escape, only having Azula though more of her weight on him and the other houndooms snap at him to get him to stay down.

Maverick let out a groan, his arm felt like it was on fire as he forced himself to his feet. Holding his bleeding and broken arm, he breathed heavily as he reached into his pocket for Brutus’s ball and recalled the demon to his ball. Once the was in his ball, the man let out another grain of pain, shoving the canine’s ball in his pocket before snatching his phone. He dialed a number, bring the phone to his ear. His warm gaze flickered over this pock, Lukas was still down while the rest looked to him for guidance. The phone rang in his ear, Azula and many of the other houndoom’s let out a whine. A few houndour pawed at his leg, blood dripping off his arm and splatting on their face. Maverick growled at himself, moving way from the pups at his feet.

“Hey…”

He breathed heavily.

“Yeah… I happened again.”

The man moved to the edge of the pit, sitting down at the last step as he started to feel light headed.

“Send someone. I don’t know how badly Brutus was hurt, but Lukas is down... Lots of blood.”

He shifted his weight, resting his bleeding arm on his leg. He winced and held his breath at the pain.

“Have them bring some bandages for me too, he got me this time.”

Maverick lifted the phone off his face and ended the call, orbs lifted to Lukas who was cover in blood and breathing heavily too. Well... this sucks.

for at rustboro city. basically brutus and lukas got in a fight. lukas is down and brutus got recalled to stop the fight. maverick is injured as well. calls for vet help with lukas first.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".ryder"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 b"]font-weight:bold;color:#D19276; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 i"]font-style:italic;color:#D19276; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2021 15:04:38 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

The doctor had yet to visit Rustboro City which unfortunately meant Blade couldn’t just Teleport the pair there to respond to an emergency call from the city’s gym leader. Luckily, she wasn’t far and her Salamance, Mehira, was fast. The AGILITY boosted Salamance dropped the doctor and her Gallade off in front of the gym’s entrance and was quickly returned to her pokeball when Eva hopped off. She moved her flight googles to hang loosely around her neck and another flash of light released a hefty Machamp. The fighting-type proceeded to shrug the large medical bags onto her shoulders, “Aright, gang, sounds like we have a bloody one!” she smiled, leading the way through the gym’s entrance with a pep in her step fueled by the urgency of the phone call.

Eventually the small group was led to a large arena with a pit. Eva peered down and her jaw nearly fell on the floor. She was staring down at literal army of Houndoom and Houndour. One lie in puddle of blood while others paced nervously or sat near their trainer. Her gaze shifted over to the stairs where a rather handsome, dark haired man sat shirtless, also stained in blood.

A flash of light TELEPORTED Eva, the Machamp, and the Gallade down into the pit. Stairs were for non-emergencies, “Dr. Morales, at your service,” she greeted, ushering Syah and Blade towards Lukas. The Gallade nervously watched the mass of Dark-types eyeing them curiously. The Machamp began setting up some medical equipment from the packs while Eva knelt down to quickly triage the patient. She didn’t bother to wait for Maverick’s permission to get started. She’d seen enough emergencies in her day to know there wasn’t time to waste.

There was a lot of blood caked to the floor and the Houndoom’s ebon fur. She hoped at least some of it was from the other pokemon that got in the fight. A quick peek of the pokemon’s pale gums told her otherwise. The doctor pursed her lips, this wasn’t going to be a quick visit.

“Syah, set up FEMA and get me some vitals. Blade, clean up these wounds so I can get a better look at ‘em. Use some of Kamal’s Stun Spore. I’ll give a pain injection,” FEMA, the Porygon 2, buzzed to life with a few cheerful chirps. The pokemon was Eva’s newest partner and her own creation: Field Emergency Medical Aid (FEMA). She was basically a living, portable ECG, defibrillator, and basic vitals monitoring equipment. The little screen strapped to her chest read out everything Eva needed to know about the stability of her patient.

Eva found the jugular vein and gave the canine a healthy dose of pain medication. Sitting back on her heels, she sighed, tossing the needle and syringe into the sharps container. Her head swam with a treatment plan, none of which was going to be quick and easy. While FEMA was getting hooked up she finally stood up to address the gym leader, “They got ‘im good,” she shook her head, “But he’s lost a lot of blood, and these wound are gonna need sewn up,” she pointed o the deep lacerations across his side, “I’d like to – HOLY SHIT,” she had finally turned towards Maverick and realized he was the second patient. The blood that stained his arm was his blood, not the Houndoom’s.

“Arceus, Mr. Ryder, why didn’t you say something?” Eva gathered a few things and moved to carefully sit beside him on the stairs, “Arm please,” she wiggled her fingers over her lap, an open invitation to set it there so she could give it a good clean.

TL;DR: Eva gets to work stabilizing Lukas then notices Mav’s arm is torn up and moves to clean him up while her pokemon keep working on Lukas.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2021 17:34:36 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Honestly, he was numb to the pain. Yeah, he could feel it but it was the lease of his worries. In no time at all, his pant leg that held up his bloody arm was soaked into a darker shade of black. He felt light headed, warm orbs flickered to his canine that laid motionless in his pit. The creature’s down fluid pooled around him. The only hits that he was still alive was his chest cavity that slowly rose and fell with each breath he took. Maverick sigh, other hand rose to comb his fingers through his unkept dark hair. Other than Rhosco his mightyena, Maverick has never really had issues with such an aggressive canine before. In fact, Rhosco seemed easier to deal with now. He wasn’t going to give up though. Never.

The sound of his gyms door opening drew his attention away from his beat up scarred male to the stranger. Normally, the man would stand and greet whoever entered his gym. But seeing how light headed he was, standing wasn’t really an option. Instead, he remained seated at the bottom of the pit. His warm gaze fell on a woman who seemed astonished by something. But whether it was the gym itself, him, or the pack was unknown to him. He took in a breath, feeling as if he needed a nap but forced himself to remain focused. Of course, the noise of the doors opening got the attention of the pack. All set of ruby colored digits turned to see the stranger at the door. Some of them let out a low growl while others just remained alert. Maverick mumbled something under his breath in a rather harsh tone despite his status. Whatever it was, the pack seemed to hear it and kept their distance from the intruder.

The woman, who identified herself as Dr. Morales, was swift to get to work. He remained silent, letting her do her work. He observed her while Lukas remained motionless, each breath heavy. His eyes remained close, unknown of what was going on or who was touching him.

Maverick too in another deep breath, feeling dizzy. Azula let out a whimper, creeping closer to her master as she could sense something wasn’t right. Maverick offered her a very small smile, a pathetic one that hoped to calm his worried canine down. It didn’t. All in her nature, the canine attempted to lick his wounds as she would do to her own pack. Maverick let out a grunt of a growl, shaking his head in a no. Another whine escaped her, this time it was more dramatic staking a few steps back. She bobbed her head, stepping her front paws left and right. Her master however glared at her and she ceased her actions.

When the woman finally spoke, the man did his best to listen to her explanation. It was when she suddenly cursed that the man came to a little from his daze, blinked away the haze to see her own eyes on him. It took a moment for him to process her words, even as she moved next to him and demanded for his arm. “Oh yeah,” the man finally replied after a few moments, moving his arm to her fighting the flinch of pain that made him stiffen his gut, “Brutus got me too. My fault honestly, not his. They say you should never get between a dog fight but I couldn’t just stand by and watch.” He felt as if each word the escaped him was slow, movements hindered by some unknown force but couldn’t comprehend what. “He left his gaze shift to Lukas before returning to watch her clean his arm up.

Again, it took him longer to process what he wanted to say but tried to keep his face placid and his tone even. “Looks like we’ll both have more scars to add to our collection.” He attempted to let out a light hearted chuckle, but it was more of a cough. He sighed, deciding it was probably not a good idea to do much right now. “Thank you for coming so quickly. When you are done with Lukas, I can bring out Brutus for you to look at. I don’t think he is as hurt as Lukas, but he might need some kind of sedative or something to keep him tamed.” He let out a loud breath, almost like that took all his oxygen and energy to say. Azula, the massive six foot seven hell hound, kept close to her master, her worried filled gaze fell upon this strange woman who attended to her human. She let out a soft whimper, hoping that this human would make her trainer normal again.

for at rustboro city. mav is out of it kinda. xD mav is letting her care for him while blabbing randomly. lukas is... laying there. brutus still in his ball. azula is seeking comfort in eva that she is helping her human. the pack is keeping away and just watching.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 19:27:15 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva studied Maverick carefully. His empty gaze, slow, deliberate movements, and difficulty articulating cued her into the severity of his own situation. The doctor’s jaw clenched and eyes narrowed while the arm came to rest on her lap. Her bare legs were immediately dotted in Mav’s crimson blood. She didn’t have time to change into pants let alone grab towels. Her eyes turned to his pant leg which was soaked in blood, “God damn it, Maverick,” Eva growled, formalities flying out the window at this point. She wasn’t a human doctor, although the principles of medicine were the same. Being a veteran of war, this certainly wouldn’t be the first time she ignored the legalities of it and treated a human, “Well that was stupid, wasn’t it?” not that she wouldn’t do something similar, “You can’t take care of your pack, if you’re not here to do it,” Eva was calling the kettle black. The thrill seeker frequently put her own life in danger just to feel the adrenaline rush, not even for an admirable cause unless it involved saving a life.

Azula’s whimper brought her emerald eyes to massive Houndoom. The pokemon’s concern was palpable. Her gaze softened as much as it could to give the canine some reassurance. She’d fix him, “Stay with me, Maverick. Don’t pass out,” she reached over and gave him a firm slap on the chest. Eva was not a gentle woman and stimulating him would hopefully keep his own blood pressure in check.

< I HAVE THE FIRST READING, DOCTOR > a feminine, electronic voice chimed in. The Porygon 2 zoomed over to Eva, projecting a 3D reading of various vital signs in real time including an ECG, respiration rate and depth, and a static blood pressure. The sticky probes that dotted Lukas’s body wirelessly relayed information to FEMA. A blood pressure cuff hung from the Porygon’s side. She hadn’t figured out that one yet.

“Sorry, this might sting,” she warned Maverick as she gently began to press a gauze soaked in hydrogen peroxide along his arm. Her emerald eyes quickly scanned over the information. The blood pressure was of most concern. She guessed it would be based on the canine’s pale gums, “You got that bleeding under control?” she asked the Gallade that knelt beside Lukas, < Almost, > his voice rang in her head. She really wanted to avoid a blood transfusion if she could, “Get a catheter in, bolus some colloids over 15 minutes then follow up with a shock dose of crystalloids,” she’d reassess the blood pressure afterwards.

tl;dr: Eva starts cleaning up Maverick, gives him a good slap to keep him from passing out, and continues to tell Blade what to do with Lukas.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 17:19:07 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

The human species seemed so fragile to her. A simple good bite or attack could easily kill them. Yet for some reason, pokemon were the subordinates to them and listen without question. Human’s capture and tame pokemon only to use them to fight and defend for them. Was it because they knew they were so weak and couldn’t do it themselves that they seek stronger species to do their bidding for them? Do they know if us pokemon wanted to truly fight back we would win easily and they would became extincated? Why is it in their nature to want to follow a weak human and do whatever they say? It made no sense to her yet, she would follow Maverick into the oblivion and even risk her life to save his. Why?

The massive hell hound seek reassurance from this strange human as she attended to her master’s wounds. Her ruby colored orbs stared deeply into her pool of emeralds in search for answers. It was rather unfortunate that human’s and pokemon didn’t share the same language to better communicate. But despite the barrier between them, the intelligent canine found her answer in her eyes and sat by them. A soft quite whimper escaped her as she observed the woman’s work. Azula’s gaze fell upon her master’s, hoping that Yveltal doesn’t take her master away.

A sudden slap on his chest made him blink out of his moment of daze. Hazy vision cleared, turning to the woman that hit him. “Oh right,” he mumbled trying to remember what they were talking about but with no prevail, “What were we talking about again?” But before Mav could remember, a digital female voice chimed up and a porygon came to them. It flashed a series of images before them with Maverick either being too out of it to understand or just straight up didn’t understand them. He squinted at them in an attempt to read them, but gave up just as quickly as the waves of lightheadedness washed over him.

The woman said something might sting. Maverick was about to make a joke when he felt the intense burning sensation engulf his arm within seconds of her warning. His jaw clenched tightly, holding his breath as the burning woke him up quickly from his moment of unawareness. He cursed under his breath, turning his head away from the woman so she won’t see him silently suffering. He heard her say something about Lukas but again, it was words his brain didn’t understand. In fact, his whole body was more focused on the burning sensation that did start to dye down a little. Still, the man let out a gasp of air before re-holding his breath to deal with the pain. He didn’t know what hurt worse, the initial bite or whatever she was doing to his arm.

While Maverick dealt with the pain and Lukas remained still, one of the houndour’s emerged from pits shadows. The floppy ear pup trotted up the woman and playfully pawed at the woman legs, giving the woman a playful bow and a little bark. Azula let out a snarl at the puppy. The puppy ducked her head, sitting and leaning against the new human’s leg. She hung her head, avoiding Azula’s death glare in hopes the new human would give her some attention. The snarl got Maverick attention, turning back to see Arya at the doctors feet. A stiff hand chuckle half cough escaped him. “That’s Arya,” he explained to Eva, “She’s the friendliest one here.” Arya pushed back more against the human’s leg, still avoiding Azula’s glare while trying to get the human to touch her. “Ayra,” Mav spoke softly, “She’s busy right now. Please go play with the others.” The puppy turned to give Eva the biggest puppy’s eyes she could give.

for at rustboro city. mav is letting eva take care of him. lukas is still not doing anyhting. xD ayra, floppy ear houndour, is seeking affection from eva. trying to keep it light. lol.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 18:32:26 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
The loud slap to man’s chest was enough to spark some life back into him. Thankfully. She would have hated to have to start slapping him across the face. She doubted the massive Houndoom beside her would approve of such tactics, anyway, “Welcome back!” she smiled, shifting her eyes from Maverick and back to his arm, “I was saying you need to be more careful,” the smile turned to a frown, the tone of a professional hidden in the words.

Maverick squirmed beneath the sting of the antiseptic, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” she inhaled, continuing to hold the pressure. It was about contact time, unfortunately so he would have to sit still for this. Eventually, the sting would begin to fade as the body erected it’s own modulating defenses against the pain.

As hard as he tried, he couldn’t hide the subtle reactions to the pain as he turned away. Her eyes trailed from his arm towards his tensing body. It really brought out the definition of the scarred man’s abs. The doctor’s eye lingered perhaps a bit too long as a hot rush of blood stained her cheeks a subtle pink. She wasn’t used to her patients being so . . . Eva cleared her throat, averting her gaze back to the wound. Unprofessional.

“You’re gonna need to get this stitched up when I’m done,” she distracted herself with the more important matter at hand, “We’re going to start Lukas on a fluid bolus. That should increase his blood pressure and perk him up a bit,” she explained, eye flashing back towards Maverick of a moment before Arya showed up at her feet.

The puppy was absolutely adorable. If Eva wasn’t occupied she would have been all over cuddling that cutie, “She’s absolutely adorable,” Eva smiled down at the pup with an apologetic shrug, “I’m busy, Arya, but I promise I’ll give ya a good belly scratch when I’m done,” she doubted the puppy understood that but maybe she’d see it in her eyes.

As the fluid bolus started, Blade took the opportunity to direct a HEAL PULSE towards the larger wounds. It wouldn’t completely heal the tissue, but it would at least slow the bleeding enough to get it under control.

tl;dr: Eva peepin those abs, getting hot and bothered. The Gallade uses HEAL PULSE to slow the bleeding and stabilize the wounds after starting a fluid bolus.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 19:31:17 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

What ever caused the burning sensation in his arm soon vanished into nothing, including the pain from the initial injury. Once taut muscles and ridged frame began to relax as the woman spoke to the little pup at her feet. The floppy earned pup headed titled, unsure of what she was saying. But the look on her face told the pup she wasn’t getting any loving from her at the moment. Ayra let out a small whine and stood, her head hung as she slowly move away.

Maverick’s gaze lifted from the disappointed pup to Eva. His warm orbs unintentionally observed her delicate feminine facial features. From her silky smooth skin, brush rosy cheeks, gorgeous vibrant green eyes, petite button nose, and to her enticing plush lips. And as he gaze at her in a daze, there was something that called to him. It push him to close to gap between them. The desire to feel her soft lips against his rough ones, to pull her in close and never let go. His body even began to move for him, shifting his weight to get closer. But just as his body shifted, reality hit Maverick.

The man quickly turned his head away, forcing a cough to get rid of the sudden discomfort he felt. The man was careful not to move to much as he still had his arm. He felt his own cheeks get hot, too hot while forcing out a few more fake coughs in hopes they would cover up for whatever he was about to do and get rid of this weird feelings he had. “I’m sorry,” he spat out as if he was choking on something before wiping his mouth on his other shoulder, “I must’ve choked on my own saliva or something.”

Once he felt like his face was no longer hot, or at least he hoped, he returned his attention back to Eva. “What were you- Oh yeah. I’ll go to the doctors later. Thanks for help me.” He offered her an amiable smile, hoping she didn’t noticing another either and tried to shift the topic swiftly. “Oh and thanks for saving Lukas. I’m sure we would both be dead without you.” What was wrong with him? Why did he get those feelings? That desire. It was nothing he has never felt before. Was is the shot that made him feel that way?

for at rustboro city. not the best but wanted to keep it going. mav is crushing on eva hard. RIP him. lol

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 0:42:18 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
When you are so close, it’s hard to miss the subtle shift forward and the warmth that comes with the closeness. Although she’s focused, she feels the shift. It draws her gaze away from his arm. Oblivious, she assumes it’s from the pain, a shift in posture as a result of discomfort. Her lips part to utter an apology when he coughs, apologizing himself.

“Oh, it’s totally fine,” she smiles, wiping away the last of the dried blood on his arm. The wound seemed stable, clean, and is no longer bleeding, “Ok, good,” she says in response to visiting his doctor, “I can at least bandage it up until then,” Eva begins fiddling with the supplies she brought over. The smile turns into a coy grin at his gratitude, “I’m just doing my job,” her shoulder shrug casually as she begins to gently wrap the non-stick bandages against the wounds with a white cotton mesh, “So, Maverick, tell me about yourself – where are you from?” small talk to pass the time.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 0:51:06 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

There was something about this woman. Something about her that draws him to her like a magnet. It was like she was something he wanted, no needed to have in his life. But, why? His jaw tighten, resisting the urge that continued to rise with every second he was close to her. Arceus help him. He has never felt this way before. Ever in his life. Why here? Why now? Why her? A rigid breath escape him. Keep it under control. Don’t lose control.

Despite the internal struggle he was dealing with, his gaze remained soft and fixed on hers. He held her ever word as though it was her last, unable to break away. Her touch was both electrifying and soothing, muscles in his arm twitched uncontrollably underneath her care. He swallowed, annoyed that things keep doing things without his control. He kept his breath even, trying to pry his gaze on her gorgeous viridescent eyes but with no prevail.

“The Kanto Region,” he mumbled in a tender tone, a twinkle in his eye and a small grin tugging the edges of his lips, “I was born in Lavender Town but raised in Vellstone City, Sinnoh.” He took an even deep breath, fighting his inner demons who wanted to-. “How about yourself?” Keep those thoughts out of his head.

for at rustboro city. -rolls-

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 21:25:04 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Skilled fingers work diligently, carefully, gently to continue wrapping his arm. Every move is purposeful and meticulous as she listens. The mention of Kanto draws her eyes up from her task to meet his warm gaze. Her smile brightens, “Kanto?!” she repeats with enthusiasm, “Me too! I’m from Pallet. Live there my whole life,” well, until she went off to school. She brings her attention back to his arm, “Spent some time in Lavender Town too,” during the war. She leaves that part out.

She moves on to the next layer of the bandage, “What brought you to Hoenn?”

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 22:06:20 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

It had to be fate. It just had to be. Her gaze met his and it set him on fire once more. A fire he never felt before. Her smile sent butterflies in his stomach, forcing the edges of his lips to turn up in a smile. They were both from Kanto, what are the odds. “Pallet Town is beautiful place,” he adds in a soft warm tone, but his smile fainting when her gaze left his to continue her work on his arm, “Such a small world.” The desire to reach up, cup her chin and force her to look at him was so powerful. He felt his other hand twitch in temptation. Mav didn’t though, keeping his hands to himself.

His voice remained smooth and warm, gentle as if he was scared he was going to frighten her. “I've travel to many places,” he started, his crimson orbs still on her and no what she was doing, “After what happened back-“ He paused, the memories flooded in but he quickly pushed them away. Some of those he never wanted to relive again. “I was forced to leave. Hoenn seemed like a good place to start over.”

Maverick paused once more, giving her time to think about his words but he had to ask. “How about you?”

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 18:26:14 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva smiles, choosing to replace the and memories of Kanto with good ones, “It really is beautiful,” she muses, slowing her wrapping as she dives back into the memories, “Especially the countryside, that’s where my family’s little ranch was,” she probably offering far more information that Maverick wants to hear, “It really is a small world,” she smiles up at him for a moment before placing the finishing touches on the bandage.

Mavericks arm gently rests in her lap while she turns her attention back up to him, listening to his story. His pause is recognizable. It’s a pause she too had whenever she talked about home. She knows what goes unsaid, “Oh, you know,” she sighs, “I had to leave too. Rocket didn’t appreciate my . . . enthusiasm,” she grins, hopefully he understands what she means, “It became too dangerous for me to stay. I miss home terribly,” Especially her family, “Hoenn seemed like as good a place as any,” Originally she came here to escape Rocket since Rocket was non-existent in the region. Unfortunately, that isn’t the case and now she’s been pulled back into the fight.

“This bandage should get you to the doctors,” she gently lifts his arm off her lap and into his own, “I’m gonna go check on Lukas,” she leaves him with a warm smile before she rises and makes her way over to the Houndoom.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 18:55:19 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

His gaze was locked onto hers, listening intently to her side of the story. The soft smile along his lips became even larger, hard shell exterior he build over many years breaking with each moment he spent with her. It was nice hearing her describe her pass life in Kanto, observing her facial expression shift as she spoke. Even when she spoke of team rocket, a slight twinge poked him. The memories of his darker past flashed before his eyes, hoping that no one finds out of his dim moment decisions.

The man didn’t provoke her own unmentionable life moments, understanding what she meant. He only gave her a polite nod and a warm smile to show he understood. But when she returned to her work and mentioned she was done, his smile faded a little. Did this mean their moment was done?

Eva stood, suddenly for him. His heart raced, the urge to reach out to grab her hand even so present. In fact, he couldn’t fight it. “Eva I-“ he stopped, injured arm rose to reach out to her but didn’t. He ignored the searing throbbing pain, feeling that her leaving him was so much more painful. He didn’t understand why, but instinct told him too. But after a few seconds of thought, the man withdraw his hand back to himself. His once smile fell, turning his gaze away from her. “I mean- Yeah. Better take a look at him.”

What was wrong with him? Why did he desire her proximity yet, he hesitated every time to close the gap.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2021 20:37:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
The sound of her name gives her pause as she moves to return to Lukas. Her body turns slightly, a gaze cast over her shoulder. It’s curious, concerned that something might be wrong as he lifts his arm up towards her. Instead, there’s a lingering silence as she waits. Her emerald eyes leave his to glance at his arm with a frown, “Maverick, it’s best to keep it still,” she lightly scolds as it withdraws back towards him.

F.E.M.A, the Proygon2, meets her half way once she walks towards Lukas. A display of the pokemon’s vitals tick by in a fluid wave. The pulse of his heart beats rises and fall in a comforting manner, “Well, it looks like his blood pressure has stabilized,” she thinks out loud, bending to one knee beside the Houndoom to assess him herself, “He’s stable enough for transport. I think it would be best to close these larger wounds at the clinic,” a more sterile environment and made easier with more tools. Her attention shifts back towards Maverick, expecting him to agree with her, “He’ll be better in no time. Probably quicker than it’ll take to get to the doctor for that arm of yours,” a comforting smile flashes across her lips, “You can pick him up right afterwards.”[/font

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 17:30:43 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

His gaze remained to the side as she scowled him for moving his injured arm, attempting to understand what motive he wants with her. In not time however, he understand what was going on. He wanted her. No, not sexually per say. There was something more. He desired her as more than just a friend. His orbs shifted back to the woman as he walked away from him, attending to Lukas he his chest cavity rose and fell with each breath. Unintentionally, his orbs flickered to her kneeling by the canine side. Silently admiring the view for a moment before he caught himself, scowling at himself as he got to his feet.

At first, his head spun like no tomorrow. Eyes squeeze shut, trying to force away the dizzy spell. Of course, it didn’t work. He remained still for a moment, eye-lid opened only to keep an eye on Eva just as she faced him. “Of course,” he replied, a noticeable pain filled in his voice, “Whatever you recommend, Doctor Moreales?” His lips spread into a content, secretly aching, grin. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out another ball. “Do you wish to look over Brutus as well?” He thought about approaching her, but the fear of passing out forced him to stay standing where he was. “He might need to be sedated or restrained before looking him over.”

His warm crimson orbs remained on hers, feeling as though if the stars aligned that they would make a great couple. Maverick didn’t have that kind of luck however. Knowing that in his luck, Eva wouldn’t feel the same as he did for her. After all, what did Maverick had to offer a woman in her caliper? Due in time, their paths may cross again and maybe than fate would deiced if it was meant to be. But for now, Maverick will have to wait to catch this endeavor if he dared to try.

for at rustboro city. not the best.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights