291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 20:25:09 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
As per usual Sharp had his hand in too many cookie jars, metaphorically and literally up until five minutes ago or so where a certain Ms. Maybel became fed up with the indecision of her late friend's son. Soon after sending him on his way with a set of her most popular fresh-baked lava cookies and a pat on the back that was just a little too hard for nervous Lavaridge native. Lava cookies were a staple of the hot springs town, but finding someone who did them right was tough as with any local specialty, thankfully Mable was the best in the biz, knocking one worry off his list.

Thinking on his plan for the evening, it wasn't until a couple of hours ago that his idea of the day was more than slightly out of the norm and more than a little intense for someone he'd just met a week ago regardless of how much they shared in common. Still, it was too late to change his course, he had freshly made ziti warm in an oven not even ten minutes away.

To be fair it seemed like a good idea in a brainstorming session that lasted far longer than he cared to admit, it gave him a reason to visit Lavaridge which the analyst had avoided since the passing, being back allowed Miles to deal with most of if not all the neglected affairs that came with that sort of thing. Thanks largely in part to close neighbors and small payments Miles had managed to maintain the house was in fair order, and with him having spent the day setting up, it'd been reconstituted into a home the deceased would have been proud of. The backyard which once housed a number of the former gym leader's pokemon had been manicured and served as a place for Miles' team to rest while he cleaned. Even the small outdoor bath was once again in order after a few hours of cleaning assisted by both his Kabuto and Carracosta. Not that he planned on making use of it this evening, of course.

The sentimentality Miles generally found best avoiding hit particularly hard today amidst the deep cleaning. But it was done and finally, the man found himself at the meeting point slightly panicked about how 'forward' his date idea seemed on the surface. He had half a mind to text for advice, but he was sure the gym leader while helpful in the moment wouldn't let him live it down in the aftermath.

Still, excitement weighs out the nervousness and he trusts his date's judgment to see the honesty of his intentions.
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 21:25:14 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
How long had it been since she'd indulged in something like this?[break][break]

She stares back at herself in the mirror, at the simple, appealing makeup she'd spent ten minutes fixing and readjusting until she was satisfied. The mascara made her eyes look bigger, but did it even matter? The blush made her cheeks a little brighter, the subtle lip chap working to both soften and draw attention to her assets. But yet that nugget of guilt sits like a cold stone in her chest and the person she sees in the reflection looks unfamiliar.[break][break]

Her fingers unlock her phone, idly scrolling up and down through their conversation. In doing so, she draws back out of her shell and takes a deep breath. The urge to bail and to apologize and inevitably never speak to him again for fear of the attachment was intimidating, weighing over her shoulders with cold fingers. [break][break]

But it is in the awkwardness of his text messages, in the soul she felt behind the screen that she finds herself able to overcome that anxiety. Stormy straights her back, squaring her shoulders and letting out a breath. She smiles at her reflection awkwardly, twisting and turning in the mirror to take a glance at her overall appearance. Given Lavaridge's ashy weather she'd opted for a dark dress to hide the inevitable debris she'd gather on her walk.[break][break]

Her eyes glance over the time before widening in horror. She scrambles to find her purse before exiting her place, briskly walking to make up for the time lost with her wishiwashi decision-making. [break][break]

Fortunately, she makes it in time to spy the young man waiting for her as promised. It brings a smile to her face as she approaches, and, despite her earlier nervousness, she does not seem to hesitate in reaching out to brush her fingertips against his shoulder. To brush ash from it, obviously.[break][break]

"Hey."[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 23:00:33 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
Despite how he feels the man looked true to his name, sharp. Following his cleaning, Miles had enough time to take a light soak and prepare himself physically for the date. He'd chosen to wear a black kurta with an ornate dupatta atop the cloth serving as a shawl of sorts. Donned with red pants and a bit of black eyeshadow winging out toward the edges of his eyelids, the man's look for the evening was complete.

He's moments away from breaking down and shooting the two-paragraph essay that could have been easily summed up in two words ('Help me') to . Thankfully before he can hit send foreign fingers brush his shoulder leaving goosebumps in their wake.

She says 'hey' and the screen goes black. His own hand finds itself combing through his half-braided hair, a nervous tick he'd yet to grow out of.

"It's nice to see you again Stormy. You look stunning." He takes in his date for the first time fully sober, glad that he'd chosen to make himself full and known as opposed to the transient man he could have been that night had he not taken the first step towards permanence.

"So if memory serves, I believe you told me 'heroes' enjoy their fair share of pasta... Does it lose points if it's homemade?" He laughs lightly that tinge of nervousness not fully hidden in his voice.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 23:23:11 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"Likewise, though I should say you look really good."[break][break]

She chuckles nervously, fully a minute now to fully take in how well put-together he looked. The man had been sharply dressed the first night they'd met, sure, but in comparison now, it was Stormy who was sorely lacking. But he had chosen to compliment her anyway and she awkwardly tugs at the skirt of her dress.[break][break]

The moment is fleeting, fortunately, as his nervous laughter draws her garnet gaze back up to meet his. They widen in surprise, contemplating the question. Of course, the woman's natural, relaxed smile grows and presses creases into her cheeks. Warmth seems to radiate from her, literally, as she tilts her head.[break][break]

"Homemade is the only way to have it, isn't it?"[break][break]

However, she gathered that his question was suggesting something else. He wasn't talking about frozen and reheated, nor was he talking about professionally prepared at a nice restaurant, was he? Was that why his voice trembled a bit at the tail end of his light chuckle? How cute.[break][break]

"Are you taking me home already? Miles, you move quick!"[break][break]

Stormy's gaze flashes with devilish intrigue and she purposely fits her hand (should he allow it) into the bend of his elbow. He would find that her hand is exceptionally warm.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 11:14:23 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

The compliment affirms the analyst and grants a level of confidence that he most assuredly needs. She teases him soon after leading to a playful roll of his eyes, "You and I know that, but I'm sure there are many would beg to differ." In truth another of the primary reasons he'd decided to cook, was due to the fact his pockets were more than relatively light, not to mention his thoughts on capital as a whole. Still, if he were to go another route, he'd want to take her to a place that he felt was worthy of his date, and being unable to do that was an embarrassing point.

She's quick to figure out the implications that his pasta set and a sort of sly smile rests on her features now. What this meant for Miles he didn't know until she responds favorably in a swift move placing her arm in his. Even on his darker-features tints of red here that were minorly noticeable before had grown exponentially so. His brain is barely able to process little other than Stormy's warmth, how it was expected to form coherent sentences he did not know. While serotonin had all but flooded the organ the lack of RAM was concerning.

"Ah, so today she's a comedian. I'm a fan."

He manages to grasp a basic response that'd been pre-logged in the back of his mind, short ironic laughs hiding the fact he'd been lagging in real-time.

He changes the topic while they walk slowly getting accustomed to Stormy's warmth though the red isn't quite able to leave his face.

"So you've lived here a year and seen a lot of what our little hot spring town has to offer, I have to ask as a native" He prefaces the question, "What's your take? Has Lavaridge treated you well?"

The setting sun paints the town in a warm iridescent orange, a beautiful color for their evening stroll.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 14:23:19 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Given her spotty schedule and lack of motivation in her own kitchen, Stormy's preference for home-cooked might seem like a blatant lie. Or at least, the various takeout boxes might beg to differ. But the truth was, she was genuinely far more excited than she would have been had he been taking her to a nice eat-in restaurant. [break][break]

As her hand fits against his arm like a glove, she glances up at him briefly. Her gaze catches, however, on the warmth that spreads from his neck to his cheeks. The woman's smile is subtle, shy.[break][break]

Is he blushing?[break][break]

Although she doesn't wish to stare at him for fear it'd be awkward or uncomfortable, she is not altogether inconspicuous with her stolen glances, especially not while he laughs at her attempted humor.[break][break]

"It's by far my favourite town in Hoenn. I genuinely miss the feel of ash on my skin when I'm away for too long."[break][break]

She is both joking and not. There was a lure at all times for her to return to the town at the base of the volcano. The town had very quickly become her home.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 17:54:55 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

"Believe it or not I used to hate the ash."

An odd way to start for sure.

"Most people saw Lavaridge as a town in passing, or just a spot to vacation. Visit hot springs and then return back to their lives that mattered. I saw the ash as part of that 'idea' that town was forgettable because I felt it was. He begins reminiscing lightly on his childhood in the small town. "Most kids myself included were in such a hurry to leave growing up." His feelings are conflicting but he continues regardless, "We...I" he corrects himself, "felt bigger than this, I wanted to be cool. Move to Mauville or Rustboro, and really ' be somebody' whatever that meant." His voice lowers in volume not as much melancholy as it was remorseful "I looked down on those that found their comforts here. I wouldn't waste away like everyone I'd escape to greater things." As he walks he can see shadows of himself in times past, a teenager with no small amount of angst feeling trapped in what was then a birdcage hidden away from the world, "I was a fool."

"But, now I can't get enough of the ash." His free hand reaches out toward a piece feeling it disintegrate in his palm. "You don't realize how much you love something until it's gone I suppose..." His glance falls back to Stormy, a question of his own shortly following, "How about you the Mysterious Stormy. Any place, in particular, you long to see, or rather any home somewhere in the expanse that you miss?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 18:20:55 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
She did believe it. She had hated the ash once too. It reminded her of loss, of the fires that had devoured her family home, of the aftermath of what little remained. It had reminded her of the rain that day in Lavender town when she'd watched her parents' caskets be lowered into the ground. A ghostly touch brushes her elbow, a familiar gesture that tempts her now to turn away.[break][break]

But she holds fast to Miles instead, choosing to ignore that familiar tug as nothing more than a ghost. [break][break]

"I think most kids are in a hurry to grow up and leave - me included. I wanted nothing more, once. Now I wish I'd grown up just a little bit slower."[break][break]

She smiles sadly, a wistfulness in her tone. But she's listening, allowing the man to voice his thoughts so that she could bounce back her own thoughts and feelings. She only hoped it was well-received.[break][break]

Miles sadness is detected enough that Stormy gently squeezes his arm. Her attention follows his line of sight, and although she doesn't see the shadows of his former self, she can envision her own. She had once felt trapped, though likely not for the same reasons he had.[break][break]

"Mysterious? Tsk."[break][break]

Her face grows warm beneath the spotlight he's cast on her, and she averts her gaze and offers a shy smile. It wobbles at the edges, however, unable to fully form. [break][break]

"There are a few, yeah, but nothing that I can go back to now. My place is here now, and I've come to accept that."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 20:03:31 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

She looks conflicted and he thinks he may be able to understand, or at the very least he wants to try for all his talking he owes her that, but he also doesn't want to push too hard. Thus he accepts the sprinkle of sadness, in time perhaps he'd be able to affirm her, to share her burdens as she'd begun to do for him, but only on her time. At the moment he can only use the logic he's so proud of to take her mind off it, to ease however he can.

"Well Stormy if nothing else know that regardless of the status quo Lavaridge is and will always be happy to have you and people like you in it. Regardless of the past, you have a place to come back to." He prays his words don't read as hollow, as Lavaridge was a town of rejuvenation and rest, and someone with her morals would always be welcome within its walls and with a smile no less, if no one else he'd have one for her he liked to think. "Of course it goes without saying that it's a personal pleasure to have you around."

For once the timing is perfect as they turn the corner reaching a small one-floor home, not unlike many of the others the town offered. If anything from the outside perspective the backyard seemed to make up for the size of the house as it seemed slightly larger than average housing a small battlefield and a tiny hot spring in an alcove to the side.

"It's no palace, but it's home." He'd lead his date past the doorway and inside careful to avoid the newly blossoming plants on the walkway. The inside of the home was revealed to be a darker walnut-colored home. Directly ahead would be a small kitchen nook connected to the living room. To the right an assortment of three other rooms, most likely a bathroom and two bedrooms. There was no dining room table but in the living room, there was a couch and a coffee table. Bookshelves lined the living room filled with records and books alongside family photos and awards most belonging to Gloria herself, though Miles' doctorate diploma took center stage beside his mother's gym leader acceptance letter. Past the living room and the kitchen was a screen door that led to the backyard. Obelos and the rest of his team could be seen relaxing in the back in particular a Kabuto had scuttled right outside the door content to sunbathe at the entrance to the backyard.

Despite its size the place felt lived in, it's one of the reasons why it was so hard coming back.

"Set your stuff down anywhere, and I apologize for it being so cramped." Miles would glance at the kitchen before moving to the living room himself, prepared to browse through an assortment of old vinyls.

"Any particular genre's you like? Rock, Jazz, Blues?"
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 21:02:06 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"That's good to know. Consider me relieved and right at home. And please-- the pleasure is all mine."[break][break]

She smiles up at him just as they turn the corner, though her attention is promptly snapped up by the man's front entrance. Genuine awe sparkles in her eyes as they sweep over the backyard, settling at first on the battlefield and then on the personal hotspring. Once she'd given up her seat as the Lavaridge gym leader, the perks of using the battle arena space in the town had been forfeit. Unfortunately, not even her own house had access to something as convenient as that - though admittedly she was hardly ever home to properly use it.[break][break]

Such space would be wasted on her.[break][break]

"Are you kidding? Your home is beautiful. I'd declare this a palace, absolutely!"[break][break]

Upon entering, the woman sticks close to Miles for politeness' sake. Her attention darts around the room briefly, never really settling on anything in particlar. Though it is evident that she is genuinely thrilled by everything that she sees. In comparison to her own place, this home was actually homey. It smelled warm and inviting, with decorations strewn about the room. There was personality that brought a smile to her face.[break][break]

He encourages her to set her stuff down and she detaches from his arm to leave her purse on a bench or something at the front door. Her jacket is shrugged off to hang nearby as well, and she takes a quiet breath before seeking him out in the living room. Stormy finds him picking through vinyls, fingers nimbly scanning through the stack. [break][break]

"What's your favourite? Play something you like, and I'm sure I'll like it too."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 22:16:18 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

It really wasn't too much but she seemed to enjoy the home, which of course felt good seeing as he'd put a fair amount of time into restoring it today, of course, the true complement was owed to the one who'd originally furnished the dwelling, but he'd take it in their place.

"Making it tough for me, huh?" Now that his home's gone over well a layer of stress seemed to melt off the man while he continued sifting, it's only then that an idea hit him. This idea seemed a bit better after a drink or two, but there happened to be a few minutes until dinner was fully finished and the mood felt good, it was something that while easier drunk meant more sober. He finally decides on a record blowing dust off its cover. It was an old record, featuring a popular Unovan artist whose heyday had been a little over half a century ago. Indeed, this was a house full of old music, but Miles believed there was nothing wrong with the older stuff. He was a geek who'd spent most of his life listening to music two, three, and occasionally even four times his age. And while he may have been a bit indignant about it, there was no better time to show the joys of the classics.

He moves the black lacquer record to the player that'd seen better days before placing it on its track. It sputters and cracks in the beginning but soon it manages to breathe life into the speakers. The piano and horns move through the halls and finally, the house is filled with music. As the song plays he'd move toward the woman slight bump in his step. He attempts to be cool but in all honesty, it's goofier than anything.

"Excuse me miss, I just happened to see you over there, and I couldn't help but bother and ask for this dance."
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 0:28:06 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy hovers nearby, curiosity getting the better of her despite her earlier comment to let him choose instead. She keeps her hands to herself, however, content to look but not touch. When he inevitably picks something, the woman leans back to watch him put the record in place. [break][break]

The sputtering doesn't bother her in the slightest, it is almost relaxing in its familiarity. Though she hadn't really recalled much about the specific tastes of her parents, the quiet buzz of a record-player was one of the few noises she suddenly remembered.[break][break]

But then she notices how Miles advances, a bob and a weave to his step, far perkier than his earlier. She watches him for a moment, bewildered and bemused. Her lips part in a quiet chuckle as he speaks, and she glances over her shoulder in an attempt to play along.[break][break]

"Who, me? Why.. how could I possibly say no to a handsome man such as you?"[break][break]

Stormy extends her hand to him, a simple invitation for him to pull her close.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 2:25:36 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

"Then my dear, the dance floor awaits..."

And so he leads pulling the woman close, one step then two, the pattern is simple, dancing too is a science, timing, and precision put together with the magic of sound. Formulas to solve it, the drum is the base of the equation match to that first then add the piano before going to spin at the call of the horn.

Or it's supposed to be,

He's by no means the best dancer, in fact, he was awkward and more clumsy than not, but there was no pressure to be perfect on either side. It was beautiful in the way laughs interrupted whole portions of the song, and in the way legs swung in a living room that was no more than 10 feet wide. In that, there was something poetic a lesson Miles hadn't yet fully grasped, but one he felt much closer to as Stormy's heart rested against his own. A feeling that became more firm as the tempo slowed, and the duo rocked back and forth to the song's closing melody the sounds that once permeated through the house now fading returning to the place they birthed. The record player's needle prepared to trace the imprinted line of the next song. Those last couple of seconds he spends looking into those scarlet eyes lost in them for moments at a time.

Even as the song ends and the next begins he holds her close not prepared to move and shake to the next song, but also unwilling to let the scarlet-eyed woman leave his grasp. A trance that was would have potentially turned into something else had the oven timer not decided to ding at such an opportune or perhaps it was an inopportune moment.

"Sounds as if my time's up and my dance over Ms. Though I must say, I don't quite care to let go."

He says it in jest, but his arms don't quite understand that.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 14:16:22 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
lavaridge town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
In an instant, Stormy is swept up into the awkward, clumsy art of dancing in the center of a living room. On more than one occasion each other's toes were stepped on, but there was nothing but laughter and stolen glances. She is so absorbed in their closeness and mutual enjoyment that, when the dinger tolls signalling dinner is served and the music slows, she isn't fully prepared to move on.[break][break]

She is caught up in his eyes, in the gentle placement of his hands, in the breathless way he speaks his mind. It catches her off guard how easy it had been, how carefree and simple it had been to put her hand in his and let him lead.[break][break]

And so when he admits he'd rather not let her go, the curious expression she bears softens into a smile.[break][break]

"Then don't."[break][break]

However, the oven dings again, and it almost seems louder. Like a noisy protest to bring attention to the fact if they didn't pull it out soon the room may end up cloudy with smoke. Even still, Stormy finds herself unwilling to separate from him, encouraged by his arms still being around her.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Best Intentions
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 16:07:15 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

Now, what possessed her to say such a thing? What ghost had whispered in their ears ever so slightly pushing them deeper into each other? Eyes locked and heartbeats synchronized oven timers be damned. His body seems to move on its own now her approval all it needs to warrant his next action. His head tilts forward and the second ding from the oven sounds, still Miles remains stagnant his body like stone. He notes how warm her touch is almost akin to the fire just behind her irises. The deal is millimeters away from being sealed however a clicking against the screen glass is finally enough to break whatever wall stood between the two and reality. Almost comically the once cemented Kabuto had managed to climb the glass window finding his new resting place in the middle of the screen door sunlight replaced with a beady red-eyed gaze into the home. Miles would have been impressed by the pokemon's sheer ability to disrupt the mood if it hadn't been a mood he'd enjoyed so much.

He doubts the pokemon is cognizant of what he's done but it doesn't matter. Still, he doesn't let the moment go to waste his lips reaching the woman's forehead before finally letting her go. Thankfully the night was still in its infancy and there was more time for an assortment of affairs, the first of which was dinner, which he hopes needed that extra minute in the oven.

It's a bit of an awkward moment, but in an attempt to bring back a bit of normalcy he'd ask a favor of the woman, "Sorry to ask, but could you grab the Ziti from the oven, I have to deal with my voyeuristic friend who lives best on the sea FLOOR." He emphasizes the last word his gaze moving to the kabuto who only moved when the door it rested on opened. The rock type just as quickly scuttled into its trainer's arms as if it were a poochyena wanting to nuzzle. Being outside, however, gave the man an idea, one that he'd bring to his date after allowing the horseshoe pokemon to scuttle off toward the hot springs.

He steps back inside the light tunes coloring his voice, "Would you be opposed to doing dinner outside? Oh and if you have pokemon you care to let out feel free the yard is more than spacious enough."