Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2021 2:53:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
What was this chill?

She walked without the company of a pokemon that day, down a trail she had visited occasionally since the war. The appearances of wild creatures were easily evaded these days. Lulu could travel just about anywhere in peace, at least on the exterior.

What was not familiar was the cold air that hit her cheek, and drew her gaze. She turned, deciding to wander down a path less traveled.

Eventually, she came upon a face she had seen recently, on screens, but never in person. At least, not until she saw him now... It took the cold air of reality between them to put two and two together as she walked closer. She knew him. She’d never realized.

And now they really had something in common.

The thoughts which surfaced were numerous.

“Balder.” She acknowledged, getting closer still. Her face didn’t quite know what to do, but there was something like a smile. Realization.

She wavered on dangerous ground, and stepped over the threshold.

“Why’s it so cold?”

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 5:37:07 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","queenbody"]
[attr="class","queentri"]

[attr="class","queentri2"]
[attr="class","queentag"]

[attr="class","queentextbox"]
[attr="class","queentext"]

The ice horse was laying in a corner of the location, keeping a cold gaze upon anyone that would venture close. A cold sight that fixated onto the lady that was coming towards them. That the alolan man hadn't noticed yet. The horse was slowly considering getting in her way, but the mention of his owner's name made it understand it was not an enemy.[break][break]

Upon hearing his name, the alolan bodyguard turned his attention from the dirt mound that held the carrot seeds within. A beautiful dark-haired woman had sown up, and calling him by name even. Yet.... He couldn't identify her properly. She felt familiar though. Nonetheless, leaving her handing for an answer and being rude would be sad.[break][break]

The man stood up and turned to face the lady, offering a gentle smile. "Well, the coldness comes from guy laying over there. My guard horse, you could say." He gestured at the Glastrier laying down away from them. "Helps keep the other pokemons away. A sort of natural repel, if you would."[break][break]

Observing her features and her silhouette, the man kept trying to identify her. But... to no avail. Head tilted slightly to the right, he decided to ask. "Might I ask how you know me? Or when we met? You do feel familiar, but I can't seem to recall such a beautiful lady like you, which saddens me."

[attr="class","queencred"]Nano

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/cULmcMU.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext b]color:#dc9100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:link]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Holtwood One SC][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 11:46:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
What were the chances? Solgaleo… it was almost like one of Darkrai’s opposites, if not for Cresselia, or Lunala. A god of the sun, and thus of light.

She looked over to the Glastrier, unsure what to make of it. “I’ve never seen one before.” But she’d heard of them, popping up. Being a head of science meant that she was privy to the latest. There were more than one.

A smile remained, knowing something he didn’t.

She walked closer, daring. “Kanto. Years ago.” Stopped and raised a finger to her chin. “So funny. I’ve seen you on TV all this time, and I never realized it was you.”

Her name was still kept to herself.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 5:16:55 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Kanto, years ago... It had been years, maybe even a decade since he hadn't set foot in the region. The closest he had been to it was when the Kanjoh War happened, where he had assisted the Johto-side of the conflict. And he had met lots of folks back then. Mercenaries, freedom fighters, drinking friends, weapon dealers...[break][break]

Among them, an exquisitely beautiful woman's image surfaced to his mind. One that had assisted the fighters in many ways, danced and drank at the bar with him and others. The woman in front of him currently... While she had changed hair color and felt a bit bulkier... She was similar. "... Fiona?"[break][break]

Balder's stare went from confused to surprised to happy in a matter of seconds. It was the only possibility. She couldn't be a long lost family member for sure, and she was one of the few he had no news of ever since these sad events. Still, without waiting for her confirmation, the man moved in, sweeping her off her feet and lifting her up into a hug.[break][break]

"My god, it's been so long since I saw you Fi. Glad to see you're alive and seem to be doing well." He released his old upon her, dropping her gently to the ground. "Why have you remained quiet for so long though? Especially since you had noticed me from what you're saying. It's not like I was hiding who I was with how brightly I shined." The man chuckled softly. "So, how have things been and what happened to you? I got some alcohol in my bag if you need a drink."

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/cULmcMU.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 5:46:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Dancing. What a joy. There were few.

There were even fewer to dance with these days. None, even.

He recognized her. Picked her up. The feeling of him against her shot an unexpected and unwelcome surge. Don’t touch me.

But she didn’t push away. Something in it was comforting. Something that maybe shouldn’t have been there.

Seemed to be doing well.

Quiet.

It had been so long…

It wasn’t like he was hiding who he was, he said. But he hadn’t had to. Lulu’s memory had been fragmented long before , by other knives and bullets. Cut, bruised, scattered. Few people looked familiar anymore. Even had a different face, somehow.

She didn’t struggle in his arms. Her body contrasted entirely, giving in until she was set back onto the ground, grass against the balls of her feet offering reality again.

What happened to you?

She stared, charmed by fate and heart eaten by the ways of the world. She didn’t have an immediate answer. But, to the alcohol: “Okay.”

“It’s been…”

“…”

“A ride, really. I haven’t even been here a year. … And you’re famous, now. How about that?”

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 6:52:16 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Hearing her say "Okay" at the mention of the alcohol, Balder returned to his bag near the Glastrier and fished two bottle of Rhum from it, kept cold by the energy of the horse. As he returned though, he couldn't laugh at the mention of him being famous. "Sorry to disappoint, but inFamous would be the proper term here."[break][break]

The Alolan man handed a bottle to her. "Sadly, got no glasses to go with it, but Glacier kept it cold so there's at least that." He proceeded to open his bottle and take a sip. "But yeah, Infamous cause everyone knows me, not always for the good reasons. And obviously the League keeps me close so they can keep an eye and stuff."[break][break]

The man proceeded to sit upon the ground, looking at the wonderful lady. "If you wish to share the story of this ride of yours, I'm all ears. I got all the time available for you. Not the comfiest location for such talks though, I have to admit. but we can move elsewhere if you desire so."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 9:53:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
How small the world was made her wonder if their avatarship had been determined long before Hoenn. Maybe fate had brought them together that first time, too, however briefly.
A hand wrapped around the bottle and took it, but she didn’t immediately take a sip. She was still somewhat stunned.

The League kept an eye. It was exactly what she wanted to avoid. She reminded herself of it mentally.

Lulu shook her head lightly. “This is fine. I mean—sorry, I don’t know. I guess I wasn’t expecting to run into you here. This is a bit insane, really.”

She finally took a sip, blinking at him. Remembering, in pieces.

“It’s a long story. I don’t want to trouble you with it. Nothing as interesting as you, I’m sure…”

“When did you get out of Kanto?”

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 19:26:37 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Taking another sip, the man listened to what the lady was stating. If anything, it seemed like she was confused, in shocked. Or that not all of her was back there. Fractured, one could say. What could she have gone through since the events of the Kanjoh wars? Balder gestured to the space in front of him or beside him. "Might wanna take a seat, we got a lot to catch on. And no one's here to interrupt or spy on us."[break][break]

While the league indeed kept an eye on him normally, it didn't mean they followed him at every opportunity. And the Glastrier would've warned him of such, if anything. Suddenly, Fiona asked him how he gout out of Kanto. "Well, after the situation calmed down and Johto had a better hold of the frontlines, of the Kanjoh Front, I went to Orre to see how that region faired. And then I heard of Rocket going rowdy around these parts so I showed up almost 3 years ago, trying to stop them and find out what happened to my family."[break][break]

Another sip followed, this one a bit longer then the previous ones. "I don't know why you don't consider yourself interesting though. You're an amazing woman in your own rights. Plus, the stuff you did at the front helped a lot of folks survive or regain their freedom. And with all that happened, as well as the time we were apart, made me interested in you. " And the man casually drank from the bottle again, ignoring the implications of his statement... Or was he truly unaware of what he had said? Hard to say.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 5:34:55 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Lulu had fractured from the days in Kanto. They had been the first nights diving into bottles, among plenty of other breeds of psychic influence. Nights out with the smugglers. Partying.

Her time in Galar, in Motostoke, before, where it had all begun; that had been closer to home. She’d been kept in a sort of office, stowed away. Hacking, Dealing. Intercepting, from behind a screen, until she’d finally had to use the gun at her foot as they’d instructed. And then, they’d sent her away. To a different universe, it’d felt like. She’d proven herself.

After a moment of hesitation, she stepped up the small slope and sat at the peak of the mound beside him, looking out towards the fog over the mountain. Spirits. Whispers of the past. Which ones made up her guilt? Where were they?

He inevitably brought up Rocket. It didn’t surprise her. She felt the burn of another line in the sand—only a reminder. She’d already known it was there.

Balder thought she was interesting. Helpful to the cause, even. She didn’t remember with the same clarity, though; it was just a blur of the parties, and trying to forget things. Trying to get through mounting guilt, even then. She’d been coasting through the middle with them, collecting come-ups, and selling resources to both sides. All redemption was nullified. They were mechanical neutrality.

Was it a lie not to correct him, then?

She reasoned that saying nothing didn’t necessarily mean she was accepting the praise. And in the end, there wasn’t much to talk about, except for what a small world it was. She could hardly remember the details. Just the feelings.

Amber eyes looked out towards the edge of the sun’s glow.

“It’s funny to think you’d be interested in me.” Peering over at him, she took a sip from her bottle. Who casually just carried around two? Perhaps he was always waiting for company. Big ray of sunshine, and all. “So… that’s how you got here. Then, what about the rest? What about Solgaleo?”

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 21:19:39 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

The man's head turned slightly when she proceeded to site beside him. Almost as a reflex and out of habit, he raised his arm to rub her back gently, but he was ready to remove his hand if she disliked the feeling of it. As he listened to what she was saying, his eyebrow raised up slightly. [break][break]

Why is she asking about Leo all of a sudden? That was the first think he thought of when hearing the lady ask. Normally, no one should be aware that Leo was gone, except Dahlia, Kyle, Stormy, the Council members back then and those that came along with him in Ultra Space. So... Lying is the best option.[break][break]

"He's resting up after our last trip to Ultra Space. It took a toll on him so he needs to recover his strength." It wasn't a complete lie. The creature was hopefully trying to rest and recharge while it was held in captivity by the Megalopolan kidnappers. If only he could go save him now.[break][break]

"I don't get why you'd find it funny that I'm interested in you. Is there something that made you think this way? Because you're beautiful and amazing, have a lot of potential within you and can achieve so much." Let's try to move the subject away from Leo. Plus, he was quite serious and honest about his vision of her. If only he knew she was rocket though... How would he act?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 3:29:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The feeling of his hand on her back sent a mix of sensations. Her muscles, stronger than the last time they’d met, tightened and flinched underneath his touch, instinctively. Maybe it was Darkrai, but at the moment of connection, the feeling of threat coursed through her.

She willed herself to loosen, pacifying nerves with a swig from the bottle in her hands.

Solgaleo was out of commission. What was more, was that Balder was willing to openly bring up Ultra Space. That piqued her interest quite a bit—not that he did already have her full attention. “Sorry to hear that…”

His compliments drew a blush which colored her pale face, and she attempted to hide with a strategic fall of her hair and another swig.

“Oh, Balder. I’m not that great.”

What else could she say? Not much. When she was sure the flush in her face had subsided, she cleared her throat lightly and stared into the mouth of the bottle.

“Thanks, though.”

“So… what are you doing out here? On Mt. Pyre?” Drinking, no less.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 5:21:11 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Her back sure had gotten stronger from what he remembers. But the reaction to his touch... He felt it through his hand. Balder removed his hand right away, wishing to not make her uncomfortable much longer. What did she live through to develop such muscles, such reactions? Things hadn't been easy for her most likely.[break][break]

Hearing her say "Sorry" regarding Solgaleo, Balder shook his head. "No need to be. Just a week or two of rest and he'll be back in top shape. Nothing to worry about." Following her reaction to his compliments, he noticed the hair move to cover her face, yet did not seek to see more.[break][break]

Then came the question of what he was doing here. "I could ask you the same thing. You rarely move to a location without something in mind, from what I recall. In my case, you could say it's an... experiment." Balder stood up and walked towards the location where he had burrowed the Carrot seeds. "I acquired some weird carrot seeds recently. According to some reports, they seem to attract special pokemons when seeded in a specific location."[break][break]

Balder pointed to the Glastrier with his thumb. "So I decided to try my hand at some occult gardening. We'll see how that turns out." The alolan finished his bottle of alcohol and proceeded to place it back in the bag. Not gonna leave that in the nature, could be problematic.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 0:01:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Several nights, during the Dragons' trip through a particular spot in Kanto where Balder had happened to be, had saw them dancing late into evenings. His hand on her back a multitude of times, and hips, with sways and laughs and plenty of comfort. Perhaps, despite the circumstances, it had been some of the purest fun she'd ever known. Now, it was gone. Long, long gone.

He removed his hand quickly, and it was only then that she realized the way she’d tensed. She glanced back over at him briefly, gauging his reaction with near-expert subtlety.

Solgaleo needs a week or two of rest. What then? Sootopolis was coming soon. Perhaps she’d face him, inevitably. The thought pulled another hopeless swig from her bottle.

“Same.” She lied, too easily now. About being there. “And I had some friends, here, but… been mostly on my own.”

The carrot seeds. She gave a short laugh at their coincidence. “Huh. That’s why I’m here, too.” Specifically, on Mt. Pyre. Her seeds were planted higher up, though.

Looking over at the nearby Glastrier, she was curious. “I’ve heard of them appearing, but I haven’t seen one with my own eyes.” She tilted her head a little, attentive to its actions. It reminded her of how cold it was around them. Difficult to believe it wasn’t just the weather. “It looks powerful.”

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 3:11:56 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

The same reason as him huh? Quite a coincidence. And an understandable one too. This region had so much danger and chaos around, they needed to get all the strength they could. And if planting carrots in shady places was all they needed to gain a strong ally? Then so be it.[break][break]

"Well, from what I've seen, they don't just look powerful. They got the strength to back their looks from what I experienced." While he hadn't seen the other horse himself, he had read the reports, and seen what this one was capable of. Still, for these creatures to appear now of all times... Another sign of Hoenn falling into darkness, isn't it?[break][break]

The alolan proceeded to stretch, before looking back at Lulu. "By the way, do you still dance?" A completely unexpected question. But it had been something they had done often, back in the days. In the bars and such to relieve themselves of the terrors occasioned by the war, by life. Were she to have dropped something she seemed to like, it would be most concerning.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
neutral ground [s]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 5:05:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Hm.”

She wondered if she might find one.

His question came unexpected. Her eyes looked over at him, and remembered. A couple of weeks it might’ve been, that they’d crossed paths? But, they’d sparked a friendship, and it still shone in his gaze. She felt the heat of a packed bar—and the stare of a jealous boyfriend at the time. Rinc had liked Balder, but not so much how close they’d danced. Maybe he’d seen chemistry.

So, did she still dance?

Once or twice. She thought of .

“Not really, no. I don’t go out much, honestly.” She shook her head, giving a light huff of laughter and then taking another swig. The past seemed so far away. “Mostly I just work these days.”