the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 11:53:51 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
"Hoenn is in danger, and all anyone thinks about is themselves.

I might be able to survive this, but what if it hadn't been me?"

Agitation forms a knot at her temple. Her hand raises so that her thumb and middle finger press into either side of her head.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 13:10:44 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"people are trying to survive."

despite the indifference he airs, he's genuinely trying to understand. his brows furrow, considering.

"you shouldn't dwell on what-ifs."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 13:22:19 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
"Are they?"

Because all she has seen so far is people fighting for control, not survival. Mankind putting their faith in the Gods, casting aside their body and mind for the sake of just a taste of their power.

She knows that that isn't the direction she'd been taking in this conversation- but words don't come easily when she's always been a woman with few.

"The people are more concerned with the 'how' than the 'why'. More preoccupied with learning how to control or mimic that power than to protect themselves from it. Harnessing it isn't a solution, it's greed."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 13:34:32 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"the only reason why we're here is because of greed."

we, rocket — blackwell could've gone anywhere else, rocket could've faded away after his death, and yet here they were, doing more than lingering: they're spreading like a plague.

and soon, they'll conquer.

"people are greedy."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 13:56:53 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
"That's not why I'm here."

It never had been. Her goals had always run adjacent to Rocket's but had never been the same. She teetered on the edge, walking a fine line of self-control and caution.

The Rocket she had been promised was not being reflected in the actions she had seen so far. It shouldn't be disappointing, given the organizations history of violence and greed - but she had hoped.

"I'm so tired of greed."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 14:02:08 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]sadly,

"it's why i'm here."

or at least,

"it's why they brought me over."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 14:08:59 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"nothing."

it's not the first time he's had the realization but it doesn't make it any easier. his expression falters, dropping for the briefest of moments.

"they made sure of that a long time ago."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 14:12:15 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
"I never took you for a stupid man, Theo."

She uses his first name as he'd encouraged, despite how weird it feels to let it roll off her tongue. The woman glances up at him, and though she can't see his expression falter, she can hear the change in his breathing, sense the difference in his posture.

"Is it revenge, then? What did they take from you?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 14:22:53 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]theo.

he exhales, shaking his head.

"my will to do anything but serve."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 14:27:06 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
"You're a fool."

Her voice is firm and she comes to a halt. The same is still warm despite the sun having begun to sink into the ocean.

"You were the strongest threat I think I have ever faced. And yet, I'm still fighting. You think that your life has no meaning, and you're wrong."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 14:31:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i'm trying."

two years hadn't been enough to break free; he's started shedding; not much, but enough in some aspects. the water-types on his shoulders are proof of that.

"believe me, i am."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 14:46:29 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
She sighs. There was that word again: try.

"You're stronger than you think you are."

Emma can already see a change in him, a shift in the violent, angry man she had known. She's seen it in the gentleness of his touch, in the hesitation behind it that perhaps he hadn't even noticed. She's seen it in the collection of Pokemon he's collected, all of them akin to innocents, as if he's already attempting to make amends.

"I can see it."

Instinctively, she reaches to give his hand a comforting squeeze. The motion is brief, as she pulls her hand away immediately after. But it's an attempt.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 16:00:36 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the attempt is recognized and appreciated; he shows it in a smile, though it's one she likely wouldn't be able to see. so he finds a moment to squeeze her hand in return before she pulls away.

"just give me time."

time they don't have. he's reminded with the crashing of waves; the inevitable future that awaits them.

"but there's nothing i can do about sootopolis."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 17:17:34 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
"Do you trust me?"

His hand squeeze is warm, sticking with her even after their hands came apart.

Theo says that he needs time, but Emma shakes her head. Time wasn't on their side, and it never had been. All of this time, and nothing had changed. They'd sat back, they'd waited, they'd watched, and Rocket had crumbled. They'd stared up at the sky for too long wishing on stars, and the stars had come down to kill them.

"Because I want to trust you- but you need to trust yourself first. You need to trust me."

Emma swallows hard at the mention of Sootopolis. Her thoughts dash back to the photographs on Gavin's phone, of the home he'd promised for them. The promises that he'd made but hadn't stuck to because his focus had been on Rocket's conquering, rather than Rocket's redemption.

"Are you sure?"

Or is that just fear talking.