thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 18:12:27 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"..."

trust comes difficult — that much hasn't changed. he tenses at the question; eyes retreating to peer out at the setting sun. it's dimming, casting rays of dark orange across glistening waters. it's beautiful, he decides.

"i do."

his thoughts drift to sootopolis, to various briefings and discussions. it escapes with a gentle sigh:

"."

a wave crashes, washing over their feet.

"i'm to bring him in."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 5:23:05 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Eye contact without the ability to see the other person had become even easier to avoid. Where he manages to look away, she does the same, somehow following his gaze out to the sea. Waves crash, lapping at the shore to tickle toes before receding. Another wave of grief tugs at her chest. It probably was beautiful.

"I want the same thing Gavin does, you know."

He mentions Orion and she overlooks it. She's already familiar with him and what pull he could bring to Rocket. It still doesn't sit right with her, as she isn't convinced that the black market Pokemon in his possession had been for malicious intent.

"But the League is already crumbling, and we're forcing the people to choose between two impossible evils. They think of us as evil, Theo. I want to change- but not like this."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 10:20:36 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"we're both two sides of the same coin."

league, rocket; what separates them are their ideals, their stances, but their core value remains the same:

they all want control.

"i suppose we just have to shift theirs."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 13:20:18 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
"Will you help me do that?"

Her voice is barely above a whisper because, as much as she wants the answer, she doesn't know if she'll like the answer. She and Theo had always been on opposite ends to each other. To ask him now to stand beside her rather than against her.. it seemed like an impossible ask.

"I won't be in Sootopolis in my current condition, as much as I would like to be. I'd like you to be my eyes and ears in the field. Rocket wants control of Sootopolis, but lethal force isn't necessary."

And she knew just how bloodthirsty Gavin had become, and how perceptive and responsive their organization could be. It wasn't any one person's fault, she knew. All of the blame for this bloodshed and violence could be traced back to one source: the avatars and their Gods.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 11:06:31 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i will."

theo had always stood against her for the betterment of her survival. it was the only way he saw how. but being away has allowed him to see more paths now — and not all of them lead down violence.

"i'll keep them in check; some, however, are out of my control."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 13:55:35 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Emma exhales, her breath almost shaky and uncertain. Her thoughts are elsewhere, her attention tugged away by the soft sound of waves against the shore. What should be peaceful only brings her a sense of dread.

It smooths against her exposed skin, leaving goosebumps in its wake. She stifles a shiver, clenching her teeth together tight to refrain from expressing anything other than absolute control.

"I know. I just need you to try. There has to be a voice of reason."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 10:30:29 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i'll try."

finally, theo turns away to take a step towards the ocean. he lowers to both knees, then reaches both hands up to scoop shelly off his shoulder. he lowers her to the sand, splashing water against her after.

he does the same for rabbit.

"anyone in particular you'd like me to look out for?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 18:44:28 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
"Gavin."

This time, the woman's voice feels thick. She pauses as if mulling over what she's said. Her hands ball into fists and she feels empty for a moment. That feeling worsens where he steps away from her, the cold brushing her skin where once he'd braced it for her.

It takes her a moment to collect herself, grief rising to the surface suddenly so that she doesn't have the chance to control it.

"He trusts you. Don't let him do something he'll regret."

Emma doesn't hide the wobble in her voice. Or maybe she can't. It spills from her lips as if she were on the verge of tears. Somehow, she reigns it in, but it is not without a toll on her strength and posture.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 9:58:51 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]theo's expecting it but he tenses all the same, involuntary because he isn't sure if he'll be able to.

but,

"i'll try."

a wave washes over both rabbit and shelly; the both of them coo, enjoying the warmth of the water.

"and vela?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 13:42:05 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
She knows that it is an impossible ask, but she asks it all the same. And she stands strong until her feet begin to ache, until the weight in her chest brings her to her knees.

The woman sinks, feeling water lap at her legs. She's close enough to reach one or both of Theo's Pokémon, and she does because the motion seems natural.

He mentions Vela and she begins to nod her head silently. What tears had fallen continue the same path, carving damp rivers against either cheek. She doesnt brush them away for fear she'd draw attention to herself. And the sand is annoying.

"She's important to me. Keep her safe, please."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 12:41:14 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]it's the pyukumuku she reaches for. rabbit purrs under her touch, shifting closer.

"cillian's watching over her."

despite that, he doesn't feel at ease, so he sighs, nodding.

"but i'll try."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 3:20:13 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Gently, Emma brushes her fingers against Rabbit's soft spines. It's calming in a way she isn't expecting, helping to soothe the waves of emotion she's feeling. For now, it is enough.

"Cillian is dangerous."

But the fact that he will try is enough. It has to be.

Emma does not rise from the sand, and instead seems to sink deeper into it. Where she leans forward, her shirt rides up just enough to display the bandages holding her together. Binding tightly so as to not agitate cracked ribs.

"What did you call me out here for, Theo?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 17:37:02 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]her bandages don't go unnoticed, but he makes no mention of them. instead, he shrugs, responding honestly:

"for your company."

the pyukumuku purrs under her touch.

"rabbit seems to appreciate it."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 14:11:35 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Her fingers slow, despite, or maybe as a result of, Rabbit's purring. She hesitates, pulling away just enough that she isn't touching the Pokemon, but not far enough away that Rabbit couldn't stretch to reach her again.

"Do you?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
pes_devil
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 11:50:47 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i do."

seeking more affection, rabbit stretches out to reach her.

"does that bother you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]