2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
the good news . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 22:25:13 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

upon entry to cait's many acres of land, stormy would find that she would be warmly recieved. she was a familiar face, easily identified and ushered in by a decently-sized crowd of pokemon.  moltres's avatar had been casually invited several days ago by their mistress, the arrangement meant to be a friendly one. no more information was shared, cait merely informing stormy that she was welcome to come around when the weather was pleasant in the midday hours. 

"stormy?"

when arrived, she'd find that cait was settled upon her front step. the civilian's smile was slight, edged with nervousness as she lightly wrung her hands. in addition to having not seen stormy in months, she was in a state that would grow increasingly apparent as stormy looked closer. her attire did little to hide the swell of her stomach, her shirt pressed tightly against the expanse of her belly. 

"
it's been a while," she remarked.

cait stepped closer, moving in to initiate a hug. her heart surged with warmth as she closed the distance, the woman craving the company of someone who she cherished and missed.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 23:40:54 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Nothing regarding the invitation she'd received indicated anything out of the ordinary. This was merely a friendly visit with a dear friend, long, long overdue.[break][break]

Stormy greets the group of Pokemon who meet her with a wide, warm smile. There is even laughter in it, however slightly exasperated and tired. She chatters idly to them as they lead her to the woman of the hour, and her attention spans up sharply and with joyous anticipation at the sound of her name.[break][break]

"Cait, hey! How--"[break][break]

Her steps slow as she nears, drawn in at first by the way the woman's hands roll over each other with fervor, never ceasing, expressing her anxiety. And then she sees the swell of her belly, not well hidden beneath her shirt. Warmth fills her face at the sight, but then a knowing smile.[break][break]

"Oh my-- Cait?"[break][break]

She chuckles nervously, arms outstretched automatically to accept the hug as Cait presses against her in a hug. She reciprocates in kind, offering the woman a friendly squeeze, burying her cheek in green hair, breathing in her familiar smell.[break][break]

"Apparently a really long while. Are you--?"

[attr="class","ooc"] tagged

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"]milky

[newclass=".stormy"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy"]--accent:#7AA3CB; --speech:#D49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy b"]color:var(--speech); font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .topimg"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/1mzydT5/stormy-post4.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; position:absolute; left:50px; bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin-right:8px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 9:58:44 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

her smile was a shy one, the woman feeling her cheeks flush with a mild heat. on her tiny frame her developing baby bump was easily noticeable, stormy's gaze having quickly caught upon it.

"yeah," she responded, her grin broadening out somewhat.

she relished stormy's touch, the feel of the woman a familiar one. they were close in a familial way, but not shy in the act of touching. cait was reminded of the moments spent behaving as sister's would - toying or helping with one another's hair, doing each others nails or plucking at eyebrows and even watching television programs or movies as they languished in a single bed or a couch.

but now that their paths had diverged, the young woman spent a majority of her time away from stormy. a noticeable ache was felt in the woman's absence, one that had been eased away with distraction.

"
they'll be coming around next year," she promised. "looks like you'll be an aunt."

her pokemon remained gathered, watching the pair with open curiosity before they decided to settle comfortably at the cabin's exterior. 

"
let's go inside. it's a little warm out.

cait grabbed hold of the woman's hand, inwardly pleased to have stormy within reach - no matter how temporary.

"
how have you been, baby girl?"   

she asked this as they entered the air conditioned home. bulba - her aging bulbasaur - was settled upon the couch where she had left him. he peered up at them as they approached, cait picking him up and initially placing him upon her lap. the pokemon croaked a little, his age visible in his lack of color and thoroughly wrinkled flesh.

"
this is bulba," she introduced, petting him gently.. "he's been in my life since i was a baby."

the woman's smile lessened slightly, remembering when the little creature was introduced to .

"
he probably has a little under a year left in him. he can't see very well - his hearing's going - and he can only eat mushed up food now. he mostly sleeps or follows me or sénon around nowdays."

as she spoke the old pokemon dozed off easily, snoring a little as she gingerly deposited him on his own little bed against the wall.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 3:58:59 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","stormy"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Yeah?"[break][break]

Her expression changes from curiosity to wide-eyed wonder and unconditional love. She is flushed, overwhelmed, but mostly excited.[break][break]

"They? Are you having twins, triplets?"[break][break]

Talk about a handful. But the mention of being an aunt, and the way it had so naturally fallen from her lips made her heart soar. Oh, how she so deeply, deeply loved this woman in front of her. She wraps Cait up into her arms a second time, even if she's trying to guide them into the house. News like this is worthy of hundreds of hugs.[break][break]

But when she is inevitably lead inside, she links her fingers through Cait's with ease. [break][break]

"I'm.. good, actually. Like, really good."[break][break]

There is a hint of a bashful blush on her cheeks, one that doesn't stem from the warmth outside or the pleasant news. Her thoughts drift to and their shared nights of passion and love. Of the promises made, the promise of a future.[break][break]

It would be a shame when it all crumbled to dust between her fingertips in a few short weeks.[break][break]

"He is adorable.. hello there, Bulba."[break][break]

She strokes the creature gently with the back of her knuckle, careful to be kind.[break][break]

"You've taken great care of him, I'm sure it will be hard when he passes."

[attr="class","ooc"] tagged

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"]milky

[newclass=".stormy"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy"]--accent:#7AA3CB; --speech:#D49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy b"]color:var(--speech); font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .topimg"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/1mzydT5/stormy-post4.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; position:absolute; left:50px; bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin-right:8px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stormy .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 6:32:20 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"twins, actually."

she returned to her seat at stormy's side, thankful that they were alone. was working at the moment, but would ultimately return in the late afternoon. and her pokemon that usually resided in her home were absent, preoccupied by the world outside the cabin's walls. only bulba was present, but it was doubtful he would pay their conversation any attention. 

"
i doubt we could manage triplets. two is more than enough. sénon hasn't really handled children before. so it'll be interesting to see how he handles two. we also decided to let their respective genders be a surprise for the both of us. we'll know when they pop out - but i'm hoping for boys - or at least a boy and a girl."

with that said she took stormy's words into consideration. the woman mentioned she was good, so cait decided to pry; eager for any amount of good news from the typically forlorn woman. 

"
tell me how you've been lately. how's work? how's life in general, actually?"  

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 23:16:17 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
"I don't know how you'll manage twins-- no, no, I can. You're perfection in a human being. You could handle like.. ten babies."

She uses her hands to enunciate her enthusiasm and her love. Because she did-- she loved this woman loved this woman more than anyone in the entire universe. The thought of twins being brought into the world by none of other than the Cait Alfric, it was a blessing. More than that.

"You're incredible, you know that, right? Like absolutely impossibly incredible."

The rest of what Cait has to say is heard, is absorbed, devoured, adored-- but she overlooks it to interrupt her best friend to tell her her overwhelming and intense rush of feelings. Is she crying?

She's crying.

There are tears splashing against her white knuckles because she is gripping her shirt too tight that it's pulling dramatically on her neckline, stretching it out. But she doesn't notice, because she's choking on happy sobs and staring into Cait's face while she speaks from the heart. How can she ruin Cait's good mood, ruin the way her life has perfectly aligned. Her stars had aligned in order to grant her with something this perfect, this sweet.

"I've been.. uhm.." her voice cracks a bit as she tries to come up with an answer. She sucks in a shaky breath and glances to the ceiling, brushing tears away as discreetly as she could. "It's been.."
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 11:39:44 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the woman rose for a few moments for the sole purpose of retrieving a fresh handkerchief, returning to stormy's side to gently clean that beautifully teary face. there was no judgement nor probing questions, merely a familial display of affection.

"you should stay here more often," she suggested. "
it actually gets a little lonely when sénon has to work. so you'll be doing me a favor. and i could use a little more help since i'll be getting bigger everyday."

cait allowed her inquiry to go unanswered, deciding to change the subject in hopes of lifting stormy's spirits. 

"
you should really see how much apollo's son has grown. i think he'll be ready to evolve before long."

her shiny galarian rapidash had taken a liking to the beautifully colored stallion during his occasional visits. the mare's interest had resulted in a handsome colt that had taken after his mother. 

"
we have plenty of room," she continued, visibly hopeful. "you can stay as long as you like and get away from - "

cait gestured vaguely at nothing in particular. 

"
- whatever you need to get away from.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 0:15:40 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
It's embarrassing, she knows, but the tears won't stop flowing. Cait catches them with the handkerchief, taking the time to comfort her and be impossibly perfect. She tries to slow her breathing, to remain calm, but in Cait's arms the tightly-wound knots come undone.

"I should, I will. I'll.. try."

But she knows that she won't. Because when push comes to shove, Cait is good for her, and Stormy pursues only poison.

"That's really good to hear. I'm glad he's in your care."

Stormy gathers herself and uses her thumb to wipe away the last remaining tear.

"I love you, Cait."
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 12:35:01 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait did not hesitate in her response. 

"i love you too."

'so stay here with me.'

she was willing to allow stormy to stay for as long as she wanted to. there would always be room for her - for - for - for her fiancée. she loved them dearly and wanted nothing more than to protect them; but they were all free to go wherever they wished to be and make their own decisions. 

but it was inevitable that stormy would spread her wings and go elsewhere; away from her. the reality of it stung fiercely, the woman contending with a barrage of emotions as she acknowledged this. there was a sad look in her eye, but cait quickly smothered it for stormy's sake. 

"
you'll at least come around when the twins arrive? i could definitely use the help. sénon's going into the fatherhood role a bit blind."

she paused briefly, deciding to breech a likely delicate subject.

"
how's... fernando?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 1:28:25 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Her response brings out a heavy sob. What she says are words she's longed to hear for her entire life - words she has heard, but never believed. From her, she knows, they're real. She means it. She loves her.

She can feel it in the way the woman wipes away her tears, in the gentle tones she speaks in and the unwavering attention.

But even now, Stormy feels her heart continue to break.

"Of course I will, Cait. I'll be here, I promise."

And with that promise, she gathers her strength and stops her crying. Stormy's eyes do widen, however, and she regards Cait with only the slightest hint of anxious suspicion. Inquiries regarding herself and that man were never good and never were with the best intention.

"I haven't spoken to him."

Not a lie-- she had been seeing someone else, pouring her time and attention into a man who had ultimately existed to break her heart again. As they always did, as they always would, it seemed.

"I was seeing someone else."

Something in the other room smells like pumpkin spice, and she uses that to distract her from this worrying conversation.
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 14:43:30 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait appears ultimately pleased with this answer. from her perspective, fernando was a complex man who could be appropriately described as 'difficult.' a partner who was easier to communicate with would ultimately make for a better mate if she snagged one.

'we can only hope.' 

"
i see," she said, managing a neutral tone.

with her relief appropriately disguised, she shifted into another topic of discussion.

"and work?"

their careers had diverged dramatically; which was to be expected. stormy had told her that she wasn't interested in a domestic lifestyle. yet cait's desires were the opposite; the woman relishing these moments of being bound to hearth and home.

'i'll have a family, land, school and a small business to manage.'

life was ideal at the moment.

"
how's the elite four been? not too stressful?

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 22:19:40 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
And just like that, the conversation shifts again. It strikes pain in her heart, but she doesn't choose to voice these concerns. She had been seeing someone else, but that someone had dropped off the face of the earth with no word and no sign of returning.

Once again, she was alone.

"It's fine. Keeps me busy."

It keeps her mind off of her failing love life and her temptation to fall back into Fernando's lap. She glances away, mildly uncomfortable, perhaps because of her now-conflicting emotions. Once upon a time she had told herself she didn't care for being a mother, being a partner. That her life was work and nothing else.

But now..

"Am I difficult to love?"
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 4:54:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the pregnant woman's eyes widened. 

"what?"

it took cait a moment to respond to the question. at first glance it appeared to come from left field - but after a moment of contemplation it made some sense in hindsight. stormy longed for love and affection as much as she did; the women possessing similar desires. 

"
of course you're not."

a simple answer for a deceptively simple question. cait reached out and grasped at stormy's hand, frowning as she peered into those eyes that revealed an aching soul. 

"
i love you, don't i?"

and had she been a man, she'd have happily courted stormy. the woman was a spitfire - willing to protect and love so intensely. 

"
you have family here," she said. "sénon and i. and even our children in a few months."

cait's shoulders sagged a little as she continued to retain the woman's gaze.

"
what do you want? and be honest. if you could have  anything right now? what would it be?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 1:24:05 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
"Then.. why does everyone leave?"

Alex. Miles. Various other names that admittedly don't compare in the end to the two people she'd loved most.

And Fernando.

"I know you do. I'm sorry, Cait, that was.. insensitive of me to say."

She hurried wipes more tears away from her cheeks and glances away. But the woman's hand reaches for her own, and Stormy exhales and looks back to meet her gaze. There is worry behind those beautiful green eyes and it brings about even more guilt.

"I don't know what I want anymore. I thought I did. I pushed away some who wanted to settle down with me and start families. But now? Now I don't know."

The woman glances down at Cait's belly and glances away quickly. The thought of raising children of her own frightened her and she had always been adamant that that sort of a life wasn't what she wanted.

But what if she was lying to herself?
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 18:36:31 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i wouldn't leave you," cait insisted, her brows deeply furrowed. "
it's never even crossed my mind."

irritation arose in response to the memory of those who had played a part in harming stormy. she hoped that they'd eventually fade but they persisted on lingering.

"
..."

she sucked in a little breath, taking a moment to mull over the twin-tailed woman's words. there was a lot of indecisiveness present within her tone, like she didn't know which path to follow. 

"
you're forgetting that we're still young, stormy. we have time to figure out what we really want."

cait gestured vaguely toward her home - her land - her pokemon. 

"
this just so happens to be what i want. as archaic as it sounds; i've always desired the life of a wife and a mother. simplicity is what i craved."

her time spent within the league had complicated things immensely. but she didn't regret the experience she gained, the connections made and the ample amount of resources gathered.

"
i want you to think for a moment. imagine that you're in my position. that you've separated yourself from the war and chaos - that you've found peace with your god - that you've settled and have children and a husband. is that something that you'd truly be satisfied with?"

she spoke of peace - of a quiet existence