awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
twisted. [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 6:03:48 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]alex was beginning to understand the minute encroachment of doubt that loomed over them like a corviknight's wing strewn across the sky. nighttime seemed to give birth to the hidden twisted beings that would not dare creep into the spotlight.

in this particular case — hungry aggressive pokémon.

sol was no stranger to the dangers as was his trainer. they'd ventured enough unscathed grounds to know what it meant in the end and as such they'd continued further into the canopy of the jungle. however — it wasn't as if the unstable earth provided much support.

the pair in their dispute against sudden attacks had left them a disheveled mess. worried stiff over the lycanroc realizing his brilliant mane was littered with twigs and dirt rather than the potential that squandered away deep in a bed of foliage — the sudden growl caused him to jump.

motion meant something was surely stepping into the limelight of a flickering flashlight and sol bared his fangs.

[googlefont=Source Code Pro:300]
[googlefont=Hind:300]
[newclass=.alex] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 7pt; font-family: verdana, arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alex b] font-size: 11.5px; font-family: 'Hind'; letter-spacing: .35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alex i] font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Source Code Pro'; opacity: .7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alex a] font-size: 9px; font-family: 'Source Code Pro'; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alex u] font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Source Code Pro'; text-transform: lowercase; border-bottom: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;padding:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexparty]float:center; display:block;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
twisted. [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 12:31:31 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

The buzzing of bugs and croaks of amphibians, and all the other things lurking in the dark of the island filled the air. The damp drip of water from the canopy fell onto their shoulders and created a steam along the jungle floor.

They were a couple of days in. Bo had decided to take the challenge after receiving one of the Kubfu bestowed by the Dojo Master, after the tournament. It was to be given extra training and attention, and plenty of activity. This would be a good bonding experience, and if anything came their way, it’d be a good test of the cub’s abilities, which were still largely unknown.

They were also joined by Thwackey. The drumming monkey hopped along, hitting its wooden mallets a couple of times against each tree he passed, mimicking the rhythms of nature sounds.

Every once in a while, he would get lost in his fun, and Bo would have to encourage him to keep moving along. “Almost back to camp, Thwackey. Come on—”

It was then that they were nearly blinded by the beam of a bright flashlight. Bo threw an arm up to shield his face, while both of his team shifted into defense mode at the Lycanroc’s growling.

“Uh—hey. You here for the challenge?”

It’d be kinda spooky if he wasn’t.

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
sooner or later the fire will die.
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
twisted. [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 13:37:24 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]the flash of daggers firmly retained within the mouth of the lycanroc were gradually concealed. lessening in an almost begrudgingly ease. alex lowered the flashlight close behind this notion and his spare hand lingered over his chest.

"arceus," he said, heavily — a sigh forming the pause, "you scared me." a smile ghosted over his lips and his gaze retained some of its former warmth. he moved closer to the trio — digits settling into the fluffy fur that sprawled in—between a pair of ears. sol seemed more appeased by the touch than the entrance of new company and he wagged his tail in response.

the soft — friendly — quirk directed itself to the other pokémon. he'd recognized the thwackey but not the smaller one of the group and his head tilted with a curious look. "yeah." he'd answered after a long pause, his lingering gaze eventually shifting towards the man, "i could've sworn this was meant to be a harmless endeavor." alex joked, his smile growing, "i'm alex and this good boy is sol. he's a little bit riled up after our last few battles... but he means well." another brief pat and a gruff though content bark seems to agree with the remark.

[googlefont=Hind:300,400,500]
[newclass=.alex] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 7pt; font-family: verdana, arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alex b] font-size: 11.5px; font-family: 'Hind'; letter-spacing: .35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alex i] font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Source Code Pro'; opacity: .7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alex a] font-size: 9px; font-family: 'Source Code Pro'; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alex u] font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Source Code Pro'; text-transform: lowercase; border-bottom: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;padding:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
twisted. [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 16:17:58 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

Defenses were gradually lowered on both sides of the stalemate—but Kubfu still seemed especially wary. The ranger took note of this, but said nothing. He was still observing the bear’s behavior; getting a feel for how to best handle the Dojo Master’s assignment.

With the bright beam of the flashlight lowered from his squinting gaze, he gave a few strained, wrinkling blinks to rid himself of the halo surrounding the strangers in front of them. Eventually, his vision cleared, readjusting to what little other light exposed the dark jungle around them.

He chuckled, a trace of nerves still there. “Not gonna lie, you guys kinda spooked us, too.”

Hearing that Alex was there for the competition as well was a comfort.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m Bo. Nice to meet you.”

Thwackey sidled a few steps towards the Lycanroc, muttering small, sneaky monkey sounds of curiosity. Bo watched him closely, knowing his somewhat unpredictable nature, but allowing him to the benefit of the doubt for the moment.

“Yeah, I wasn’t expecting this to be so… immersive? I’m a ranger, so it’s not that bad for me, but it’s definitely pretty, uh…” he scratched his head a moment, raw.” Like, drop you off on an island and hope for the best raw.

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
sooner or later the fire will die.
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
twisted. [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 17:26:46 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]the beast judged the approaching monkey with an almost condemning look. perhaps the only reason sol hadn't managed an incoherent unkind response was because alex was so close by.

"nice to meet you too." he'd added after a moment. alex withdrew his gentle touch from the lycanroc and watched the shuffling thwackey with a still—bound smile. "raw is a good way to put it." alex says, straightening his posture.

alex felt his eyes lingering over the enigma of a tiny adorable creature before eventually peering into the surrounding darkness. the foliage above them formed a definite outline in the light of a glaring moon above. 

the panorama seemed to be giving them some peace. 

"it's a bit too raw. i think i heard the other challengers screaming at some point." humour finds his tone despite the malady made remark, "say— do you want to stick together?" alex asks, sounding hopeful.

[googlefont=Hind:300,400,500]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
twisted. [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 13:27:35 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

Thwackey lowered a bit at the knees, eyeballing the Lycanroc still before slowly holding out his sticks and suddenly slapping them together at an angle in front of the wolf. A ‘POP’ echoed through the surrounding jungle, and they’d hear the sound of feathers frantically leaving a tree or two.

“Hey, come on. Leave ‘em alone, Thwack.”

The other challengers had been screaming. He’d thought he’d heard something like that earlier, maybe. Was this going to be like the Hunger Games?

At sticking together, the ranger shrugged. Company could be nice. “Yeah, why not. We’re safer against sabotage that way,” he joked. “Where are you headed?”