the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
sugar and spite [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 1:45:48 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
The warm water, the steam, the scalding rocks pressed against her back with complimentary massages- she finds she just keeps coming back.

Not even the thought of being paired up with strangers deters her anymore. The relaxation and the calm, the mindless thought, the static, all of it is worth the trouble of spending time with another human being.

And so she doesn't look up even a little bit as footsteps near. Her face is buried in a soft cushion and hot stones bury comfortably into her back. She is totally relaxed and indifferent to the goings-on around her. Her lack of clothing does not seem to concern her either.

kjqvoZzX

heat points: 999

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
sugar and spite [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 23:38:30 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
The news that Lavaridge had expanded on its spas and hot springs had made the rounds through the League and its overworked employees. While paid excursions might’ve been nice, a loss at Sootopolis surely saw them undeserving even if there had been funds for it. Still, he was here. He needed the stress relief.

When he entered the room, he knew immediately who his company would be. Her skin was unmistakable, and it was impossible not to let his gaze roam briefly—natural and curious. Little more. A heavy heart saw little wonder.

He moved for the bed wordlessly, lying down. Stones were placed on his back, and then, they were alone.

“It’s Bo,” he alerted her, into the cushion.

“I swear I'm not following you.”

1xrCG_gn
937/1000

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
sugar and spite [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 1:47:36 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
"Mm.."

She shifts only slightly, rolling her shoulders and curling her toes.

"That's what someone who's following me might say."

But there is a note of amusement in her tone, encouraged by the relaxation seeping into her tense muscles. She sighs, the exhale coming directly from her toes. The woman's eyes remain closed, her lips drawn in a perfect line, but she does not appear the slightest bit annoyed having him in her presence.

In fact, it felt natural.

"You should try relaxing, Bo. That is what this is for, is it not?"

She can hear his labored breathing, feel the static between his shoulderblades that only a man who bears a heavy weight could possibly carry. She knows that static all too well.

GmirJiUT

heat points: 961

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
sugar and spite [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 15:52:00 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
He didn’t see her shift, face still pressed into the cushion staring at the floor.

Not having a better response, his tongue only clicked lightly, as though to mean, ‘Got me there.’

Relaxing. That was what this was for—but being here, he felt like he didn’t deserve it. Maybe this was a sign. Someone from Rocket, albeit one he got along with, popping up to remind him of all his mistakes and problems and why he shouldn’t relax at all.

“Does that mean you want me to shut up?”

He smiled lightly to himself.

cQDiI4X8
898/1000

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
sugar and spite [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 0:18:21 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
She can hear his tongue click, and she's thankful for the cushion for hiding the flicker of amusement.

With a forced exhale, Emma relaxes further into the chair, shoulders touching her ears. But her eyes open abruptly when his voice bleeds through once again. It strikes a chord in her she isn't prepared for - and for a long minute that stretches - she is silent.

"..."

And then she inhales.

"No. I.. you can keep talking."

LksNeQw1

heat points: 895

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
sugar and spite [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 23:27:52 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
He couldn’t grasp her tone, nor could he see her face. The way she trailed off a moment was curious. Considering Emma was a difficult person to read even when all possible clues were present, he now found himself utterly lost. Oh, well. He was good at stumbling directionless.

When granted the permission, he wasn’t sure what to do with it. 

“…” 

Then, eventually... “Sorry.”

Was he making it awkward?

vI1cEoQg
805/1000

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
sugar and spite [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 5:07:28 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Emma was so difficult to read that she had stopped learning how to read herself. The hesitation in her voice had caught herself off guard just as much as it had him.

And now that he didn't have anything to say, the air felt even more tense than it had a moment ago.

He apologizes, and somehow that makes everything worse.

"Why?"

O74sr9Hz

heat points: 855

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
sugar and spite [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 20:45:06 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
It did make everything worse.

Shit. Why had he even started talking in the first place? He should’ve just lied there and… ignored her? Fuck it. He wasn’t sure, really.

“I don’t know.”

He sounded like an idiot. What else?

“I guess we’re like, not supposed to be talking if we’re relaxing, right? That’s my bad.”

1KsQgBtX
801/1000

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
sugar and spite [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 5:58:52 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Emma is silent for a while, but hidden beneath the curved, soft cushion, she is stifling laughter.

Why?

Because she was an old dog that was struggling to learn new tricks: the art of socializing without looking a fool. Some people made it look effortless, but it was anything but. She's spent a life of solitude surviving only to wake up one day anticipating the touch of another and it was then she realized she'd been killing herself slowly.

And then when he'd left, the world had spun upside down and sideways and she'd had to relearn things she thought she'd mastered long before she'd ever met him.

God, she hated people.

And it's then that she bursts into laughter, shoulders shaking with the effort to keep it muffled and hidden. The warm rocks against her bare skin shift and a few fall to the ground in a loud clatter.

Relaxation, as if either of them had ever known how to experience that.

qDHrVOqR

heat points: 795

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
sugar and spite [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 1:23:46 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
The sounds of the rocks clattering on the ground were almost as startling as her laughter. The tension was cut, and he felt some relief. Out of reflex, he turned his head in the cushion to peer at her a moment. Then, catching himself, looked back down.

“I don't think I've ever heard you laugh before.”

He could’ve complimented it, but instead he just grinned to himself and said nothing more—to leave it up to her interpretation.

SRqlpcXN
703/1000