November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Let There Be Science! [C]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 3:35:18 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rolling-contain"]
[attr="class","rolling-header"]
[attr="class","rolling-team"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]It was time to get a job. [break][break]

It was a strange statement, admittedly. She hasn't had a job the entire time she has been in Hoenn. Or at least, nothing long-term. Sure, there has been the occasional job here and there, but it wasn't the same as waking up every day just to head to work. It was kind of a sign of adulthood. Or at least, close enough to adulthood anyways. [break][break]

Ruby would sigh to herself, looking up at the big buildings of the Pokemon League HQ. Once upon a time, she came here to challenge the E4. And now, she was attempting to apply for a job opening she had found, a lab assistant. She was always interested in sciences and research, so why not attempt to put that desire into something she could make money doing? She had to pay rent for her new apartment somehow, anyways.[break][break]

Steeling her own nerves, Ruby brushed down the simple dress she was wearing, hoping to make a good impression. As soon as she was sure she looked at least somewhat decent, Ruby would gently open the doors and push inside. Luckily, the foyer didn't seem super busy. Shifting the purse on her shoulder, she'd pull her phone out briefly to check the time before approaching the front desk.[break][break]

"Uh, excuse me. My name is Ruby Walker, and I'm here for my interview."[break][break]

[break][break]

Sure enough, Ruby would eventually be directed down to an office. Every time she had been in this building, she never did understand the floorplan. Although to be fair to herself, she had only been in here such few times before. Maybe she'd be able to get to know the place if she actually got hired. [break][break]

Reading the name on the office door for a brief second, Ruby would gently knock and wait to be invited in. The last thing she wanted was to showcase bad manners, after all.
[break][break]
[attr="class","rolling-divide"]
[break]

notes ...

[break]
[attr="class","rolling-tag"]
</>

[newclass=.ruby .rolling-contain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-header]width:375px;height:160px;overflow:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team]width:405px;margin-left:-380px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread b]font-weight:bold;color:#B8D9EC;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;font-weight:700;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-divide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 21:33:37 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Overwhelmed. That would be the best word to describe the doctor’s current situation. With too many projects tugging her and in too many different directions, it was time to get some more help. Ideally, another lab assistant. Her two largest projects, Infinite Energy and Primal Energy were basically full-time jobs within themselves. Priam has a particular interest in the Infinite Energy so findings someone to take some of the burden off of him for the Primal Energy work would no doubt be appreciated.

The ad was answered quickly, resumes reviewed, and candidates chosen. One in particular she had an interest in. already had a reputation for herself. She had been on Mt. Chimney and had witnessed Primal Energy’s beauty and danger. If anyone would understand the importance of their research and respect the safety boundaries, Ruby would.

Ruby is lead upstairs to the more ‘formal’ offices. Eva rarely spends any time up here. She much prefers her more informal office inside her lab downstairs. Protocol insisted in starting here then continuing on with a working interview.

The door flies open and Ruby will find herself face to face with the Head Professor. She’s cheerful, as always, with a bright, excited smile on her face, “Welcome!!! Come in, come in, and please take a seat,” Eva motions towards the two chairs in front of her desk, “I’m excited to meet you, Ruby, I’m Eva. I hope your trip here was rather uneventful,” Eva takes a seat behind the desk. An Indeedee teeters forward with a glass of water, offering it to the girl.

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2021 6:12:02 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]The door is quick to fly open and Ruby immediately gives a soft smile and a nod to the Professor. Already, first impressions of the woman seemed quite lovely. It certainly would be hard to work with someone who was grumpy, or too serious. The smile was a lovely change of pace.[break][break]

Walking into the room, Ruby would gently sit down onto the chair. Very familiar with Indeedees and their habits, Ruby gave the pokemon a soft smile before grabbing the glass. "Thank you, dear." For now, however, she'd simply hold the glass. It would be rude to take advantage of their hospitality without at least a little conversation first. [break][break]

"Good Afternoon, Professor." Ruby would speak up with a soft tone to her voice, although that was quite normal for the young girl. "My trip here was pretty simple, yes. It was quite a distance from Slateport to be here today, but my Pokemon make it a quick and painless trip." Finally, she'd gently sip the glass of water, admittedly trying to hide her own nerves.[break][break]

"Teleportation truly makes things quite simple, so please don't worry about the distance from home. I do have reliable transportation." She'd chuckle quietly, knowing that was at the very least a common question in job interviews. Or at least, that's what the internet said.  "But, may I first ask, if you have any questions for me?"
[break][break]
[break]

notes ...

[break]
</>

[newclass=.ruby .rolling-contain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-header]width:375px;height:160px;overflow:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team]width:405px;margin-left:-380px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;font-weight:700;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-divide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 19:30:04 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Nanny smiles fondly at the kind young girl, appreciative of her politeness. The pokemon can tell she’s going to like this one, already! The psychic-type teeters away and back out the door to continue on about her business now that their guest was properly greeted with a beverage.

“Please, just call me Eva,” the doctor insists shortly after being addressed as “Professor”. She doesn’t expect Ruby to know otherwise, she seems to have to constantly remind people she prefers just “Eva”. It’s hard, though, when the League prefers formal titles in professional settings.

The doctor nods along, listening intently to Ruby, “Happy to hear the commute won’t be a problem!” Eva bounces forward in her seat to rest her elbows on her desk, “One less things to worry about!” her finger draws a check mark into the air as is checking off a box on a list of invisible necessities.

Eva doesn’t have laptops or papers in front of her, she doesn’t need them. She’s read Ruby’s resume thoroughly, almost memorized it, actually. She’s an impressive candidate and Eva didn’t waste her time interviewing any of the others before meeting with Ruby, “I absolutely do!” she nods in a cheerful tone, trying to keep the atmosphere of the interview casual and upbeat. These things could get stressful fast.

“It’s no secret you have quite the resumse, Ruby, along with a glowing reputation,” she’s referring to being the “Saint of Slateport”, of course, “You could get a job aaaaaanywhere you wanted,” Eva’s hands lift in a grand gesture for emphasis, “So,” Ruby can probably already guess the question(s), “Why here? Why with The League? Why the sciences?” she could easily make enough money with endorsements if she wanted to.

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2021 8:27:00 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]Just Eva. Ruby made a mental note of that information, tucking it back away for future. Different people preferred different levels of respect and professionalism, luckily it seemed Eva was pretty relaxed about the whole thing. She finally let out an anxious breath she didn't realize she was holding as she relaxed. [break][break]

Of course, as Eva continued to speak and went on to espouse Ruby's praises with her resume and reputation, she couldn't help but blush softly. Her resume was filled with volunteer work upon volunteer work, and she had always fought hard to keep her image as the Saint of Slateport spotless. She was well aware, but it was still something to have it pointed out by someone else. [break][break]

Ruby paused at the question, humming quietly to herself in thought. She already knew exactly why, but there was only so much she could put into words. After a few moments of silence, Ruby finally spoke. "I think, I just want to help people."[break][break]

A soft smile spread across her face as she spoke, looking up at Eva. "I don't think it's too presumptuous to say that there is a lot in this region that we currently don't really understand. Alien pokemon, alternate dimensions, powers from beyond our comprehension, and legendary pokemon running wild in Hoenn. It's one thing to just, be an image. But I didn't, y'know, get the reputation I had by refusing to act."[break][break]

"I guess, what I am really saying is, I just want to help people in ways that only I can. I mean, I guess I could have maybe signed up to be a gym leader or one of the E4." After all, her badge progress certainly was enough alone for her to attempt a shot at those positions. "But, I'll be honest, I've already been doing research on my own for quite a long time. I've always had this... curiosity, I guess, about the world around us. And if I can somehow help people understand these strange phenomena, then maybe we can prepare for it better. Help the lives of everyone, you know?"
[break][break]
[break]

notes ...

[break]
</>