MARCH OF A CHAMPION

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
I HAVE FAILED A MILLION TIMES. WHAT'S ONE MORE?
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
MARCH OF A CHAMPION
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 1:44:28 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar

things are different this time. esser is confident, resolute. rumors have it that rustboro's gym leader is a huge push over. a woman of such prestige has no business being so goddamn nice. this is her opportunity, her chance, practice to become someone worthy of the blackwell name.

yet, she is nothing. her status is in shambles. her only recognition is being team rocket's number one fuck up. years of mistakes have made her humble. a newfound wave of valor is kept caged by her wary approach to the gym. large double doors beckon for her to enter. she obliges and they clamor behind her, locking her up until the challenge is finished. beware, gym leader, you're the one who's trapped.

esser makes her stand inside. she will be a burden no longer. her time is now. victory is imminent.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
MARCH OF A CHAMPION
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 4:34:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It does not take long for the building to flourish in a spectacle of lights and illuminate the displays that brim within the rustic decor of the gym when the unfamiliar glides through glass doors– a sense of determination and will bleeding into the atmosphere with a sense of unspoken power.

The shift in atmosphere is one that isn’t easily ignored especially when her pale colored eyes rest upon a girl with a face shrouded in a confidence, Silvia fails to sense a nervousness from the young woman. Instead, she finds herself an interesting proposition– a potential for something more– and a gentle smile soon settles upon her lips though she keeps her formalities suppressed for now; only until she’s certain of her intent.

Standing tall from the main podium nestled near the back of the rock covered gym, Silvia bows her head in a small greeting towards the young girl; the gentle smile nestled upon her lips having yet to fade. Lying between the main podium and the entrance of the gym lied trainers between the numerous rows of displays.

Though her gym was simple in design, it was not without some challenge– it was not without a test of will.

close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
MARCH OF A CHAMPION
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 5:25:30 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar

lights come and go, like glory. esser is blinded by her newfound ambition, hungry for the first taste of success. "i'm here for the gym challenge." a proud proclamation echoes throughout the gym's expansion. looks like the rumors didn't steer her wrong. the sight of her elder lowering her head is a telltale sign of her inevitable conquest.

first come the pawns. esser's familiar with this set up, having composed the formation many times before. rocket and league? they're not so different. the weak make up the vanguard, throwing themselves away to conserve the strength of the strong. today is different, one for the history books; rustboro will be the battlefield where the pawn dares to become a queen.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
MARCH OF A CHAMPION
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2018 9:40:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The proclamation is something Silvia is familiar with, familiar words that have been declared countless times from countless eager minded trainers– all shrouded in an unmistakable heat of fire. It was clear that her Challenger’s intention had been made before the moment she foot within the confinements of the gym; her actions seemed far from whim– an unspoken purpose she can’t quite place.

Yet, her smile does not falter from her lips when the room stills nor when her challenger’s confident words seize their echoing, instead, she welcomes the challenge all the same and welcomes her to the stand like those before, “Welcome to the Rustboro Gym, I’m Silvia Fiore and I gladly accept your challenge.” Her words hold no malice when she speaks nor do her gestures when she beckons the girl towards her stand; a subtle wave of her hand.

She’s intrigued by the nameless girl and it’s almost made obvious especially with how her inquiring eyes anticipate her challenger’s next move.

close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
MARCH OF A CHAMPION
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2018 0:26:24 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar

now what? she's never made it this far before. it's only her second time entering a gym and the previous one had been a disaster. but that was an irregular singularity, a bitter afterthought of a derailed scheme that she refused to let define herself. things would be different this time, her actions deliberate. this would be the showcase of her grooming.

last time had been different in more ways than one. it was she who was approached, thrown into the heat of battle and promptly thrown out after a humiliating defeat. her knowledge of proper gym etiquette is lacking, so, esser plunges herself into the abyss. each step brings her closer but her pacing is controlled, enough to be stopped on cue. the other trainers are there for a reason, so she assumes. they don't worry her. like her, they're nothing but trash.

she has her eyes on the prize; silvia fiore will be hers.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
MARCH OF A CHAMPION
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2018 2:39:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Kindness is not meant to be marked as weakness, for even the most delicate of flowers have thorns and though she may stand poised atop her podium, she does not waver in front of the determinant steps of a young woman she fails to know; her position as leader is not bound by only title, but also in a spirit brimmed in a hushed fire. One thing is for certain, she intends to make their battle memorable should the two dare clash with one another.

So she awaits from her elevated position, her gaze never quite wavering as her challenger draws near and the feeling of battle grows far more imminent– her smile never faltering despite fire bound intentions, “I don’t think I have ever met someone as determined as you, miss.” She moves to speak, only once she is certain that her opponent can hear her amongst the subdued buzz of the gym– a compliment.

“I suppose you know the rules?” Her question hangs in the air, her tone delicate as she awaits an answer; she did not intend to plunge the girl into a blind battle if she was far from prepared, she was more than willing to bide her time should she desire it.

close tab

played by

little sister
13 height
13 height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vicious
ESSER BLACKWELL
MARCH OF A CHAMPION
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2018 10:54:50 GMT
ESSER BLACKWELL Avatar

so that's what she catches her with, a technicality. "no," there's no falter in her step. esser braves her ignorance, embraces it. she won't lose her footing from admitting to her weakness. she's better than that. under his tutelage, always chasing after his footsteps, esser will pronounce her birthright. all she has to do is lay siege to rustboro. right here, right now.