Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Cozy [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 20:19:49 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

Lex had been asked to acquire some steel-types for some sort of experiment or research or whatever. Lex, being Lex, she didn’t asked questions. She never did. The why was rarely important to her. A request is made, and she delivers. Plus, she has no desire to be a part of any science experiments.

She expects to find waiting for her, but instead she finds . There’s a subtle sting of annoyance. Who the fuck is this?

Her attention doesn’t remain on Priam long. Instead, it moves towards a brilliant, burning furnace on the other side of a glass wall. The air ripples with heat and a steady hum rattles the air.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Cozy [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 3:47:07 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
unfortunately for lex, priam is the sort of person to be the opposite of what she wants in this kinds of awkward situations.

he turns when she appears, eyes brightening at her presence. he stops from reading notes from the clipboard and lowers his feet from a desk by the furnace, swiveling his office chair afterwards to turn to her.

"hey, hey! i haven't been on a one-on-one scenario with you yet!" he greets with a grin. he tries to recall the last time they've been in a room together, but it's probably during a rocket meeting or something. "what brings ya to the furnace? well, there's no official name for it, but i'm trying to think of one! any suggestions?"

the conversation is quickly brought somewhere to give lex less time for an excuse to get out, though it's not like it would matter. she's forced to interact with him since she did come here for a reason, and she can't get away without doing it.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Cozy [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 6:14:44 GMT

Yes. This was not an ideal situation for the once rather friendly woman. Lately, he fuse has been cut short. Dangerously short. ’s rather energetic presence was a tad annoying . . . but she couldn’t deny that she was intrigued by his overall kindness.

She shakes her head, not taking her gaze off the furnace, “Nope,” a rather simple response to his observation. They haven’t “hung out” one-on-one yet. Probably for the best.

“I came to deliver this,” she raises her hand, a pokeball rolling between her fingers, “It’s a pokemon for . . . whatever this is,” she motions vaguely to the furnace with the same hand.

“Why does it need a name?” she turns her attention over towards Priam, just her amber eyes glancing at him.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Cozy [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 7:30:14 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
seeing the pokeball, priam gestures to her a tray, usually used for documents and files, with a post it note on it labeled 'for smelting'. the intended use of the reused container was self-explanatory with the label on it.

"carl is out for a break right now so i'm overseeing this entire thing in the mean time so i can call him when some emergency happens. he'll get to it after this one's done cooking."

as much as he wants to say he's the boss of the place right now, he really can't without the knowledge of how things work. he doesn't even know how the settings were adjusted after staring at the clipboard for the longest time.

"well, it's not really cool to just call it the furnace. a really cool nickname like baldur's gate or something like that would've been better when you try to tell the story again, right?"

he twists to take a sip from a glass of iced tea on the desk before going back to lex.

"like, what sounds cooler? 'hey, i sacrificed a 'mon to the helltaker the other week? pretty cool, huh?', or 'man, i chucked an aron at the furnace. bummer'?"

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Cozy [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 17:36:04 GMT

She has no idea who Carl is, nor does she really care. Her involvement in this project ends when she delivers the pokemon requested. Quite frankly, that’s enough for her. Her gaze follows his gesture towards the bin labeled ‘for smelting’. The pokeball clanks into the metallic tray and she washes her hands of the situation and this conversation.

Lex’s prayers go unanswered (as they typically do when you ask a question) and he continues talking, explaining why a name would be “cooler”.

In the end, they were talking about smelting pokemon. There’s nothing pleasant about that. All for the glory of Rocket, blah, blah, blah. She doesn’t fully buy into that bull shit.

“Honestly, it all sounds terrible,” she admits with a sigh, shaking her head as she watches the fire burn bright on the other side of barrier.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Cozy [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 19:53:59 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam nods at lex's reaction. despite how much she doesn't seem to genuinely care about the topic at hand, priam knows that, deep down, they're on the same wavelength.

somehow.

"yup! that's why i'm looking for suggestions," he tells her. "a one word replacement's the best, but 'furnace' just seems to already take the cake despite being so bland too."

he heaves a sigh, like the entire burden of the operation relies on him, as he reclines on his seat again.

"we should just stick to 'the furnace', huh?"

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Cozy [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 20:16:04 GMT

For a moment, a brief moment, Lex entertains the idea. She actually thinks about it. Her brows pinch slightly as her mind ticks away possible names for the furnace. She doesn’t put too much thought into it, but she gives it a half-assed attempt.

After a minute her shoulders shrug, “Yeah, I can’t think of much else,” she takes one last glance at the furnace before turning towards Priam. He looks rather bored here all by himself, “Do you need me to bring you any like . . . coffee or something?”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Cozy [s|c]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 4:07:24 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"no! i-it's fine! really, don't worry about it."

he doesn't want anyone to know the amount of sugar he puts in on his coffee so he exclusively makes his own if he does need to. any risk of a hit on his inflated, self-projected reputation that might as well be counted as ego was to be minimized as per the priam protocol.

"i'm fine for now! thanks for asking though."

he gives lex a wink, like he has any sort of game going on.

"but yeah, my colleagues should be back any minute now. do you want to wait for them? i don't think i can answer all questions you have for this thing, but i can answer some of them. a lot of people come here to ask. are you the same?"

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Cozy [s|c]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 21:41:07 GMT

There is relief when Priam doesn’t want her to get him anything. One less thing she has to do. Regardless, it was the polite thing to offer so she'd leave without regret.

It doesn’t take long for her to shake her head. She’s certainly not like the others, “I’m . . . ok,” Lex could honestly care less about the furnace or the end game involved with it, “I wasn’t waiting on anyone,” though she did hope to catch a glimpse of . Perhaps he’s in his office, “I just came to drop off the pokemon,” On that note, she turns towards the door, “Have fun,” there’s a subtle grin that comes with the tease when she glances back towards , “See you around.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,965 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Cozy [s|c]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2021 4:04:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: