luka chêne
down the rabbit hole [aa]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 4:54:29 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
In retrospect, she probably shouldn't have followed the little girl.[break][break]

It's a sleepy day: unseasonably warm for autumn. The kind of day that makes one's head feel pleasantly foggy, like being stuck in a perpetual daydream. Perhaps Luka is dreaming as she wanders about the woods, venturing deeper and deeper without a care in the world. Sunlight dapples through the leaves overhead, casting the forest in a dimly ethereal light. Perhaps this is why Luka doesn't notice anything amiss, or perhaps she's simply not paying enough attention.[break][break]

A little girl runs past, quite suddenly. Platinum pigtails bob behind her like rabbit ears, but she's running too fast for Luka to get a good look at her face. She looks quite like , though Luka doesn't know the younger girl well enough to be certain.[break][break]

"Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!"[break][break]

The little girl takes a pocket-watch out of her jacket, glances at it, and hurries on.[break][break]

Curious, Luka follows. First at a walk, then at a run as the youth races ahead, a blur of white and cherry red. She follows her until they reach the base of a great tree, with a gaping rabbit-hole near the roots. The young girl pulls out her pocket-watch again, clicks her tongue, and leaps into the hole beneath the tree.[break][break]

"Wait! It's dangerous!" Luka calls out, but the girl wiggles down the rabbit hole anyways. And Luka, a slip of a thing herself, manages just barely to squeeze herself through and follow.[break][break]

But the tunnel is does not wind between tree roots, is not made of tightly packed dirt. Instead of crawling through the earth Luka finds herself falling down, down, down. It's impossibly far...as seconds tick by into minutes Luka wonders if she'll find herself falling straight through the earth.[break][break]

Down, down, down. She must have fallen for miles now— at least, it feels that way. How long has it been? "Sugar will miss me tonight, I think," she says out loud, for who else is there to hear her? "And Flan and the rest of them! Oh goodness, I hope they won't all starve without me."[break][break]

Will there ever be a respite from the endless falling? Luka glances down, but can't see anything aside from her swirling skirt and polished shoes. She frowns. "Hello?" she calls, though doesn't quite expect an answer. "How long until I get to the bottom?" she wonders aloud. "Oh dear...I hope the landing doesn't hurt too much!"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 21:45:53 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Clearly, Stormy shouldn't have followed the little girl either. But she blames the Pokemon beneath her for it's eager curiosity. Children and small Pokemon drew the Glastrier's attention almost immediately. As soon as the mysterious little girl had crossed his path, they were done for.

It was all she could do to just hold on, and now here they were in what appeared to be a dizzying maze and confusing circumstances. Which way was up? Why did she feel so.. calm and carefree? It was as if she were stepping into another person's shoes and fitting herself to a story that wasn't her own.

But where Luka has to fit through a rabbit hole to see through to the other side, Stormy simply.. appears. Perhaps a horse is not fit enough to squeeze through a small rabbit hole.

"Hello?"

She sparks in response upon hearing another hello on the wind. Glastrier snorts, unafraid, which confuses Stormy further. The horse was a shy creature, a legend from a cave of ice, afraid to be seen.

But at the strangers greeting, his ears pull forward and his nostrils flare. Curiosity leaks through his exterior in trembling skin and dancing hooves. But so far, no such person has arrived, and the voice seems far away.
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,002 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 5:18:28 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

A voice echoes in the empty chamber that Luka falls through— faintly, as though it's a great distance away. She calls back, another questioning, "Hello?" But it proves moot.[break][break]

The ground rises up to meet her all at once. And though Luka feels that she's been falling for ages, when she lands it's with all the impact of a leaf hitting the ground, as if she'd only tumbled a few feet down. Were she not so relieved to not be crushed flat by the landing, she might think to be more alarmed by this.[break][break]

But as it is she regains her balance and tries to get her bearings. This is no ordinary rabbit-hole. Luka finds herself enclosed in a small room with velvet curtains hanging upon the walls. And just ahead of her, races off and darts behind one of the curtains, disappearing when it falls back into place.[break][break]

Most impressive, however, is upon her valiant steed. Luka's eyes light up when she notices the familiar woman, her hands clasped in delight. At her side, her Togepi chirrups his delight upon seeing Glastrier again— somehow, he's free of his pokeball. It doesn't matter how, for nothing makes much sense here anyways.[break][break]

"Mademoiselle! My goodness, it's good to see you again!" Luka gushes breathlessly. In such a strange place, a friendly face is a welcome sight indeed. Did...did you see? That girl— no no, it's a rabbit! It must be a rabbit. Look, she ran that way!" Luka races towards the curtain and pulls it back, only to reveal a wall inlaid with a tiny door. It must be no more than six inches high.[break][break]

Curiouser and curiouser! In the center of the room stands a glass-top table, which bears only two things: a small brass key and a corked bottle. A translucent violet liquid swirls inside, and tied around the bottle's neck is a tag that reads: Drink Me.[break][break]

[break][break]
Bingo prompt: horse riding[break][break]mission

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 20:20:20 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Mademoiselle.. me? Am I?

She is, apparently. Glastrier, upon spotting Togepi, quite literally leaps forward to crane his neck down and greet the small child. He puffs cold air, frosty, frigid as it brushes against Togepi's face. Somehow, he doesn't think it would mind too much.

"A rabbit? What is going on?"

But she follows Luka, curiosity getting the better of her. She slips from Glastrier's back and approaches to find at the same time as Luka, that there is a tiny door behind the curtain, and no little girl, or rabbit, at all!

And there, on a table, sits a tiny key and a bottle of liquid that reads 'Drink me'.

"Should we.. drink it?"
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,002 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 23:03:10 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"I'm not sure. It feels...kind of like a dream, doesn't it?" If it bothers her that Stormy doesn't seem to remember her, it doesn't show. Water off a ducklett's back— Luka knows she's rather unremarkable, so she doesn't blame the other woman at all.[break][break]

Besides, they have more important things to worry about. A puzzled silence falls between the two of them— Luka can't make head nor tails of their situation, especially one as increasingly bizarre as this.[break][break]

Her Togepi, on the other hand, is blissfully unaware of everything going on. He squeals out in delighted shock at the puff of cool air and is quick to nuzzle against Glastrier's face with no hesitation at all. It's adorable, and Luka would like nothing more than to forget all of this and enjoy a playdate between the two, but they should probably focus on getting out of here first.[break][break]

"I don't know..."The obvious answer is no, that they should not drink whatever mysterious liquid is inside this bottle. But it's their only clue going forwards, and Luka can see no other way out of the room. When she glances up, the rabbit hole she'd fallen through is the smallet pinprick of light above their heads. "I guess...it wouldn't hurt to try?"[break][break]

She releases the cork with a pop. The drink smells like lavender and lemon; pleasant, almost like a perfume. Luka shrugs and takes a tiny sip, and finds that it tastes the same.[break][break]

The effect is instantaneous. As soon as she sets the bottle down her head spins and her vision goes dark, and when Luka opens her eyes again she finds that she's staring up at Stormy, who now towers over her like a giant.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 18:10:36 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Luka is far from unremarkable, nor is she forgettable. Stormy's lack of recognition stems from her writers inability to write well.

"Wait-- is this not a dream?"

Bewildered, she watches her friend take hold of the labeled bottle.

"Wait--!"

But she doesn't, because there really isn't any reason not to. Stormy glances back to double-check on her Glastrier and his adorable little egg-shaped friend, and then back to see that...

"Luka?!"

She was just.. gone!

Without stepping forward (thankfully), Stormy glances around in wild pursuit of the beautiful pinkette. But it truly seems as if she has just vanished, and the bottle now rests on the table, teetering where it has been dropped.

"What is going on?"

But, once again, the only reasonable option is to drink the liquid. So she does, and only mid-sip does she see the very tiny Luka at her feet. And then.. pop! Stormy now shrinks to the same height as Luka. Dizzy, she stumbles forward and places her hand on the girl's shoulder to catch herself.
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,002 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 22:48:35 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"M-mademoiselle? Wait—!" Luka tries to shout and dissuade Stormy from drinking, but her voice is too quiet and the warning comes too late. She quickly throws an arm around the other woman to steady her, the both of them stumbling slightly on the slick tile beneath their feet.[break][break]

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have...! This was...probably a bad idea, huh?" She offers a small shrug and hopeless laugh as she cranes her neck up, staring at a Togepi who's now double her height. She tries to avoid looking at Glastrier, for the horse is now of Eldritch proportions compared to them.[break][break]

Toffee, for his part, seems delighted by this development. His coos and giggles sound deafening as he toddles towards the pair, chasing down his tiny trainer with feet that appear the size of boulders. "H-hang on, Toffee!" Luka shouts, backing up and taking Stormy with her. "It's not time to play right now, okay? Um, umm..."[break][break]

The baby continues to stride forwards, so Luka grabs Stormy's hand and blindly sprints forwards, away from the approaching egg. She stumbles and slips but they make it to the wall, to the tiny door inlaid behind the curtain— and it's locked.[break][break]

Luka glances towards the glass-top table, where a nearly empty bottle sits. There had been a key next to it, she remembers now. "The key! There was a key...d-did you happen to grab it, by any chance? Oh no..."[break][break]

If Stormy doesn't have it, perhaps Glastrier is intelligent to pick up on their predicament and bring it to them? Otherwise, the two are stuck pressed against the door as Luka's giant Togepi advances on them.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2022 20:44:54 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
There is a wishy-washy sort of feeling as she shrinks rapidly. It makes her sick, makes her dizzy, and she stumbles forward and into Luka's arms. With a gasp, she sort of giggles, overwhelmed by the events taking place. She leans into the woman, placing a hand on her shoulder to steady herself and then blinks, watching her for a moment.

"Well!"

But there is more to be said, because towering above them are two Pokemon that are now fully capable of squashing them by accident. In fact, it seems the Togepi has taken a liking to them both, and begins to stumble forward to give them a hug or something. Luka insists she not, but pulls her back with her in an attempt to avoid.

All of a sudden, a warm hand is placed in hers and she is pulled along in a sprint. They make it to a tiny door behind a curtain, but upon trying the knob they quickly realize that it's locked. Dread sets in for a moment before Luka is the bearer of common sense.

"Uhh.. nope, I didn't even think about it. It was so tiny I thought it was fake!"

She glances up at her Eldritch horror-sized Glastrier, and she cups her hands to try to carry her voice.

"Glastrier! Can you! Knock down! The key! On! The table!"

Fortunately, the equine's ears twitch and he snuffles at the table. There is a quiet tink as the key hits the floor, but neither of them are anywhere near close enough to reach it from here. They'd have to brave the cuddly Togepi and pray that Glastrier doesn't take any steps.

"Okay. You stay right here while I make a break for the key."