awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
look to the stars [c]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 16:57:43 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
Harmless for now. Killian frowned and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Arceus be dammed." Hoenn couldn't help but ruin the lives of those it touched. The region felt cursed. Offering so much allure but demanding such a heavy price.

"You should look into getting assistant. They'll help with the stress." delegate the workload so he didn't have a stroke over misfiled paperwork.

"And you think Azelf is the cause?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
look to the stars [c]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 2:58:18 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

’Arceus be damned.’
[break][break]
He’s not wrong, is he?
[break][break]
There had once been a time when Mars had even climbed up to Mt. Coronet’s Spear Pillar wondering if the deity existed, and if it did, wondering why it allowed the world to be like this. These days, after everything that has happened, after all the horrors he suffered through at Arceus’ own church, “The Original One” is just about the last thing he wants to think about.
[break][break]
”Yeah, I probably will. I have an assistant for my job at the bank, but not one here…” He sighs heavily, even if his words aren’t entirely true. Ariel is much more than a simple assistant, but given her time spent working with the syndicate, Mars also doesn’t wish to involve her with Team Rocket and everything they do.
[break][break]
”If not the cause, then it might have something to do with it, yeah… When looking through the room where my Musharna died, we found one of my books open at a particular passage about the Lake Guardians. Another one of them, Uxie, is said to be able to take people’s memories. It’s too much to be a coincidence…”
[break][break]
But, what if it is?
[break][break]
What if he’s wrong?
[break][break]
What if the Lake Trio have nothing to do with his missing memories?
[break][break]
Rarely does Mars doubt himself, but all this makes him uneasy.

[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
look to the stars [c]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 3:02:40 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"We?" Killian asked, reaching for the whiskey to pour himself another glass.

"Who else is involved in this?"

He brought the drink to his lips, sipping while he waited for an answer.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
look to the stars [c]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 5:18:44 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”I meant the staff at my offices, but…”
[break][break]
But so many other people are involved. People who matter to the organisation’s higher ups, like . Other Team Rocket members who have charms like hers too, like . And, if he’s right about all this having to do with Azelf and the Lake Trio, even people most of Team Rocket can’t even stand the mention of, like .
[break][break]
A finger taps on the desk.
[break][break]
How much of that does he want to tell Killian?
[break][break]
”I wasn’t the only one there when whatever happened happened and I wasn’t the only who suffered those same consequences.” He sighs, as if suddenly exhausted. ”For some reason, Eris was there too, and so was a courier, .”
[break][break]
It doesn’t make sense. No matter how many times Mars asks himself the same question, there’s no answer that explains why the three of them would have been in that conference room and ended up in such a horrible situation.
[break][break]
”They’re just kids, Killian.”
[break][break]
Who would put kids through something like this? The Lake Trio, apparently.

[break][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
look to the stars [c]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 20:15:46 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
Children were involved. Great. Killian sighed, downing a larger drink of whiskey. He didn't know , but he's familiar with . Smart kid, more intelligent than he was at that age.

Is it wrong that he's not concerned about their safety? More worried they'll get in the way of solving the puzzle. A puzzle that isn't his to piece together.

"And?" there goes the switch. Apathy flipped on effortlessly. "Eris is with Rocket. She lost the right to be a child when she decided to bleed purple." and frankly, if the gods wanted her involved, then there's nothing Mars or anyone can do.

"I wished you'd come to me with this sooner." another sigh accompanied by a pinch of his nose. "Regardless, if your memory is missing, then it sounds like the Lake Trio is involved. Were Eris and Locke missing time as well?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
look to the stars [c]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 4:51:53 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Perhaps it’s the part of him that once looked forward to meeting his son, the part of him that still mourns the loss of a child. Perhaps it’s because of the bond that exists with and , how he has grown fond of them after everything that has been shared with them – like how Eris reminds him of his own childhood and like the literal Destiny Bond that once tied his fate to Locke’s. Whatever the case, the fact is that their involvement worries Mars, even if that same concern may not exist for most.
[break][break]
He does worry about , and soon enough, when he learns that she too has a charm, he’ll worry about too.
[break][break]
”They are and they also have the same brain condition now… Do you really think a kid will know to avoid stress and but their health first?”
[break][break]
There’s a sigh at this, for even if Mars didn’t care for Eris and Locke, losing someone who has a charm in such a way would probably be a huge setback in figuring out what this whole mystery is about. Here’s to hoping no one else has brain bubbles.
[break][break]
”I have a theory about it, but if I’m right then I may have to gather all the people who have charms to solve this, and who even knows how many there are… Those visited by Azelf too, I wasn’t the only one.”
[break][break]
It's only then when he pours himself another drink, because he sure needs it.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
look to the stars [c]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 9:50:35 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"No, probably not." they were children, after all. Kids rarely listened when it came to matters concerning their health. Not that Mars was any better. Neither was Killian if he's honest with himself.

Killian crossed his arms in thought.

No idea how many, huh? "Finding out who else has these charms I can help with." cheekily, he motioned to the walls. "I've got eyes and ears all over Hoenn. I'll put the word out to my people." The ones worth a damn shouldn't have much trouble.

"Do you have the charm on you? I'll need a photo."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
look to the stars [c]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 21:03:24 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Magic charms, letters, words, prophecies…
[break][break]
If he weren’t experiencing it all himself, he would think it sounds insane, but even now the smallest and slightest mention of that ‘you’ still rings in his mind like a bell, attempting to distract him from the conversation with the way it eats at him.
[break][break]
Every single time.
[break][break]
You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You.
[break][break]
What about him? What had Azelf been trying to tell him?
[break][break]
Mars shakes his head, both as if to push those questions away and in response to Killian.
[break][break]
”I don’t have a charm of my own, but I can get you pictures of them. I’ll send them when I can.”
[break][break]
It’s only then that he looks at his fellow admin once again, gaze lingering on Killian’s for a quiet moment.
[break][break]
”Thanks, Killian.”
[break][break]
Both for listening and for his help.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
look to the stars [c]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 21:41:56 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
"Think nothing of it." Friendships were hard to come by in this lifestyle. When you found one, it was best to do what you could to keep it, help it grow.

His eyes glanced to his laptop and the time.

"Shit, is it that late already?" he'd hardly notice the time fly. "We may have to pick this up later. I've got dinner plans."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
look to the stars [c]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 22:01:33 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

There are very few people in this world that Mars truly trusts, a handful or perhaps even less than that. There are things he would have a hard time sharing even with someone like Killian, but this… In truth, Mars is really glad he can rely on him when it comes to all of this, even if he hadn’t come to the Head of Intel’s office looking for answers.
[break][break]
What had he been looking for, then?
[break][break]
Comfort?
[break][break]
No, that wasn’t it. Perhaps it was just to vent about his problems to a friend who would listen, for that is something he rarely ever does…
[break][break]
”And I’m not invited? Cruel, breaking my heart here.” Jokes come easily, and despite his words, he stands, winking at Killian. ”You can keep the whiskey. Give Lex my regards.”
[break][break]
It’s with that that he leaves, slightly less stressed about all this than what he had been previously. For now, at least, until he reminds himself that Killian just told him Hoenn might be destroyed in a year's time.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
look to the stars [c]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 22:32:44 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: