91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
a sure sign [m] [o]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2021 23:14:18 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar

Patrols were some of his favorite work. Dom got to see the sights, wander through the wilderness at his own pace, and his interactions with other people were typically limited. With the chill in the air, a walk on the beach was just what he needed. Magnolia trotted along behind him, cheerfully keeping pace with the broad man. The sound of water crashing against the shore was almost enough to lull Dom to sleep. But he had a job to do. He hesitated a moment, looking up to where the Cycling Road soared above. He had expected it to be busier than it was. Maybe it was getting too cold for most folk.

As he approached a junction in the path, he checked his watch. He was supposed to have a collegue meet him so they could patrol together. Something about tigtening security or teambuilding, he couldn't remember. Either way, he wouldn't be loathe to have the company. He stretched and pushed the sleeves of his jacket up. Chill be damned, Hoenn was warmer than he was used to, and his wardrobe hadn't made the adjustment yet.
@ open![break]mission
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
a sure sign [m] [o]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 4:57:11 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vicwt"]
[attr="class","vicwtw"]

The route connecting Slateport to Mauville was perhaps one of the most used and well-travelled ones in all of Hoenn, and yet out here, nature remained untouched – a cycling road stretching over brilliant verdant paths. It was one of Vic’s favourite places in the region, even if one he didn’t get to visit all that often...
[break][break]
Today was no visit either. It was work, a patrol, and yet, despite being aware of this, the Unovan smiled when spotting it from up above – soon guiding his Dragapult to land near the junction where he was supposed to meet one of his fellow rangers.
[break][break]
”Hey! Are you Dominic?”
[break][break]
There was no hesitation when the question was asked, goggles being removed before jumping off the dragon’s back. In turn, the pokémon also stared at the unfamiliar man, looking bored and tired unlike the ever energetic trainer by its side.

[break][break]
[attr="class","vicwttag"]

[attr="class","vicwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.vicwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwt b] color: #CCA0C5; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #CCA0C5!important; font-style: normal; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #CCA0C5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #CCA0C5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #CCA0C5!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #CCA0C5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #CCA0C5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #CCA0C5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jack

Dom, Nic, Nicky
he/him
May 19
Gay
Ranger
Cadet
Single
35 height
35 height
let's not forget we're flying.
awards
91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
a sure sign [m] [o]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 17:34:20 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar

Mags heard their soon-to-be companions before Dom noticed them. Her tall ears swiveled up, followed quickly by a sharp tilt of her head. She whickered, drawing her trainer's attention up to the skies. He squinted and waved as Dragapult and trainer descended upon them. Magnolia's tail swished happily at the Dragapault, but the dragon didn't seem as excited to be on a mission as she was.

"That's me," Dom said with a smile, sticking out a calloused hand in greeting. "Beautiful Dragapult." He gave the Poekmon a nod in greeting, too. No sense in being rude. Dom waited a beat for Victor to introduce himself before he turned to look down the path again. "It's just a patrol, but I'm new to Hoenn and I haven't had a chance to explore this area yet."

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
a sure sign [m] [o]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 19:35:17 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vicwt"]
[attr="class","vicwtw"]

”Hear that, Taffy? Dominic thinks you’re cute.”
[break][break]
It was with amused laughter that Vic reached to pet his companion pokémon, and in response, the dragon yawned – being soon joined by the Dreepy resting within its horns as if the gesture were contagious.
[break][break]
Only then did the ranger think of taking the other’s hand and introducing himself, calloused fingers meeting calloused fingers in a brief yet firm handshake while emerald eyes looked at .
[break][break]
”Victor Wexler, but most people call me Vic. Nice to meet ya! Also, cute Mudbray! Always wanted one of those.”
[break][break]
Vic grinned, and then, turning to his Dragapult, he whistled, causing the pokémon to tilt its head at the sound before flying up as if to keep an eye on things from above. All part of the same well-practiced routine.
[break][break]
”No worries! I can show you around. Where are you from?”

[break][break]

[newclass=.vicwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwt b] color: #CCA0C5; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #CCA0C5!important; font-style: normal; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #CCA0C5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #CCA0C5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #CCA0C5!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #CCA0C5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #CCA0C5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vicwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #CCA0C5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jack

Dom, Nic, Nicky
he/him
May 19
Gay
Ranger
Cadet
Single
35 height
35 height
awards
91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
a sure sign [m] [o]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2022 6:38:13 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar

Dom couldn't help but chuckle. Cute wasn't exactly what he was going for, but now that he took a second look at the Dragapult, he had to admit it wasn't wrong.

"Good to meet you, Vic." Dom smiled and rubbed between Mags' ears, much to her delight. "Thanks! This is Magnolia. I actually owned her mother years ago. Great Mudsdale; she was the one that really turned me on to the line. When it was time to retire her from Ranger work, I picked one of her foals to train." It had hurt to leave May behind.

"Kanto, originally," he said, gesturing that the two might start walking. Mags trotted along ahead of them, one tall ear occasionally flickering back to make sure they were following. "I was a ranger out there for years but... needed a change of scenery." He waved a hand noncommittally as if to say there definitely wasn't any more to that story.

As they walked, a chattering sound greeted them from up ahead. A troop of Passimian, hooting to each other, stood in the path. Between them, they were passing a strange object. On closer inspection, it looked to be someone's hat.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
a sure sign [m] [o]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 17:46:42 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vicwt"]
[attr="class","vicwtw"]

Call him sentimental, but there was always something really nice about seeing an obvious bond between trainer and pokémon. It was the reason why Vic smiled when hearing Dominic’s story about his Mudbray, his gaze falling upon the pokémon for a moment before turning back towards his fellow ranger.
[break][break]
”Really? That’s sweet, I bet she’ll be a great Mudsdale like her mom one day.”
[break][break]
The mention of Kanto a moment later caught him off-guard, even though it probably shouldn’t have. After all, Vic had been the one who asked, and in the end, it was still a region like any other even if the war had happened…
[break][break]
For the sake of not making things awkward, he chose not to comment on that.
[break][break]
”Years? Damn, I only became one when I moved here a while back. I’m from Unova, but I’ve lived all over… Changes of scenery are nice.” It was part of the reason why he had moved, so he could understand what Dominic meant, but before Vic could even mention as much, he was distracted by the sight of the Passimian and the hat.
[break][break]
”Huh… Guess someone must have lost that. Hope they didn’t steal it from anyone…”
[break][break]
That would have been troublesome, but then again, monkeys sometimes did that sort of thing…

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Jack

Dom, Nic, Nicky
he/him
May 19
Gay
Ranger
Cadet
Single
35 height
35 height
awards
91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
a sure sign [m] [o]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 2:00:33 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar

"She's already well on her way," he said proudly, grinning at the donkey Pokemon. Where her mother had been calm and gentle, Mags was a little spitfire. She didn't balk from a challenge and never shied. She wouldn't be the same as May, but Dom would have never expected that from her.

Dom gave a light chuckle at Vic's surprise. "There were volunteer programs and stuff for the rangers through school, so I've basically been doing it since then. I've heard Unova is beautiful, though. I kind of wish I'd had time to travel, but work always kept me busy." Especially in Kanto. But he, too, was following the lead of not making things awkward.

As they neared, the Passimian quieted and turned to stare. At the direction of the troop leader, the one holding the hat slowly shifted it so it was hidden behind the Pokemon's back. Dom pulled a face.

"I think it might be stolen." From up the path a ways, there was the muffled sound of someone shouting. "I'm starting to think it's definitely stolen." He fixed the lead Passimian with a stare and, in his best dad voice, said, "You know you can't keep that. Stealing is wrong, even when it's kind of funny."

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
a sure sign [m] [o]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 17:57:24 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vicwt"]
[attr="class","vicwtw"]

”Oh, that sounds really cool! I was all about gym challenges when I was younger, so I never really thought of doing something like that... Was a great way to visit a whole bunch of places, though!” Vic laughed, ever one to make light of his past as a pro trainer.
[break][break]
As fun as he may have made it sound, the actual story wasn’t all that nice, and perhaps that was why he was so quick to allow himself to get distracted by the sight of the Passiamian and their apparently stolen hat.
[break][break]
Then again, Vic had never had the greatest attention span.
[break][break]
”Dominic’s right! Plus, there’s waaaay better things than hats! Like…” Despite how ridiculous the situation may have been, he went along with the plan, even reaching into his jacket’s pocket to bring out a bag of treats that was then shaken and opened in front of the group of Passimian.
[break][break]
”How about it… I give you these and you give me the hat. Sound good?”
[break][break]
Could pokémon be negotiated with? Perhaps for the sake of food...
[break][break]
Everyone loves food.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Jack

Dom, Nic, Nicky
he/him
May 19
Gay
Ranger
Cadet
Single
35 height
35 height
awards
91 posts
Dominic Grey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dom
Dominic Grey
a sure sign [m] [o]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2022 2:12:02 GMT
Dominic Grey Avatar

It seemed they were both more than willing to glaze over their pasts. Not that Dominic was perceptive enough to notice. He simply considered Vic to be a good guy, one he definitely wouldn't mind working with again. His considerations were confirmed when the other pulled a bag of treats out of his pocket and shook them at the Passimian troop. Dom couldn't help but grin, sliding his hand out of his own pocket from which he'd been preparing to produce a protein bar as a distraction.

The Passimian, for their part, all froze on the spot as soon as the food appeared. They stared wide-eyed at Vic, strangely akin to a group of statues. Slowly, they all looked to the one Dom assumed must be their leader. That was the one currently in possession of the hat, naturally. It looked at Vic and down to the hat thoughtfully before slowly inching its way towards the ranger. With a critical eye, it watched him, suspicious of some trickery. When it was within arm's reach it paused, looking at the hat again. Was it worth it?

In one fluid motion, the Passimian snatched the bag of treats out of Vic's hand and simultaneously flung the hat into the nearby brush. Hooting victoriously, it sprinted back to its troop with its prize in hand, and the entire group was gone in the blink of an eye. Dom tried to stifle a laugh but failed completely and utterly, clapping a hand over his mouth.

"A good trade, my man," he said, still chuckling. He stepped through the brush, fishing around until he returned brandishing the hat. "Better get this back to the poor owner. Those Passimian deserve the stomach ache they're gonna get if they eat that whole bag of treats."

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
a sure sign [m] [o]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 20:15:20 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","vicwt"]
[attr="class","vicwtw"]

Experience is the greatest teacher of all, and as it happens, Vic’s life experiences have taught him much about pokémon. Out of all of those lessons, there’s one that perhaps reigns supreme about all: most problems can be solved with food.
[break][break]
As if proof of this, the leader of the Passimian takes the bag of treats from his hands and flees with its group after some victorious shouting, the hat being left abandoned in the bushes.
[break][break]
Vic stares at the spot where the monkeys had been, and inevitably so, a smile creeps onto his lips.
[break][break]
”Call me a negotiator, I guess.” He chuckles too, winking up at before standing back up. ”Yeah, the hat’s owner should be nearby, I think I can hear them shouting. Let’s go.”
[break][break]
As if it were only natural and as if being friends who have known each other for a long time, Dom earns himself a grin and a hearty pat on the back, because that's just the way Vic is with people he likes.
[break][break]
All in all, it seems like this will be the typical type of patrol.
[break][break]
All in a day’s work.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,243 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
a sure sign [m] [o]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 21:43:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: