awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PHTHALO
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 4:23:49 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Outside the CALCIFET DRACIARY, and not too far from the CALCIFET ESTATE on ROUTE 115, a vast field of dandelions awaits. It is early afternoon on a picturesque spring day, and the scent of pine and flowers greets as he approaches the pair ahead: the legendary ZEKROM and its avatar, .

The latter had asked the S.P.E.C.T.R.A. OPERATIVE to meet him here some days ago. He hadn't said why. But the subject of today's meeting seemed to be fairly clear as he looked up at the black dragon that towered over him. As Jayden drew closer, however, perhaps he'd notice that its scales weren't entirely black.

No, in fact, the sunlight's gleam revealed a distinct tinge of dark, glossy green. Something distinctly... alien.

The grand dragon has its gaze pointed to the clouds above until it senses Jayden's presence, shifting a soul-piercing gaze onto the young lad. Remiel mimics the action and brightens, lifting a hand to offer a wave. "Jayden, I'm glad to see you. Apologies for the long distance," He adds, striding over to shake his hand. "But I wouldn't have you asked you to come if it wasn't regarding a matter quite important to me."

⚡ a ZEKROM thread
☐ unlock a new tier of power? (ex: OVERDRIVE MODE)
PHTHALO +

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
PHTHALO
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 8:07:41 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay2"]
[attr="class","top"]

it is the first time that jayden has met outside of any rocket duties, though perhaps this still falls within line of them. either way, the ex-beast finds himself curious as he wanders past the CALCIFET ESTATE towards the fields where the ambassador has dictated they meet.

[break][break] the estate reminds him of , and of his own home in galar, though not so familiar that he is homesick. the smell of pine sticks to the air as he wanders closer, spotting the familiar face of in the distance.

[break][break] his ZEKROM, as all legendary pokemon are, is a sight to behold.

[break][break] jayden swallows thickly, trying not to be intimidated by the large beast. it would do no good to show weakness now, in front of the beast or it's avatar.

[break][break] "it's no worry, sir," he says with a nod. "the walk was quite nice."

[break][break] of course, he could've used any of his ghosts to travel here faster, but there simply some things that were better done on foot. perhaps this was one of those things.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[newclass=".jayjay2"]--accent:#8463D4; [/newclass]

[newclass=".jayjay2 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.3px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".jayjay2 blockquote b, .jayjay2 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .jayjay2 blockquote b { font:bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".jayjay2 blockquote span"] font-weight:bold } .jayjay2 blockquote img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jayjay2 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; text-align:center; } .jayjay2 .top img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]

[newclass=".jayjay2 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".jayjay2 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PHTHALO
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 5:47:31 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Surprisingly, Zekrom doesn't cast the judging glare he casts most. Though only Remiel notices as much, of course. And it bode well for what they had planned.

"I'm glad you enjoyed the scenery. I find it quite beautiful myself," He adds. "Which is why I must ask you to come along with me upon Zekrom. We can spare the flowers a scorching today." The prince smiles.

Meanwhile, through an unspoken telepathic connection, the black dragon heeds its avatar's request and sets down one of its wide palms facing upward. Remiel takes the lead by climbing upon it, reaching down with a hand of his own to help Jayden join him. "Did you bring the Pokémon I asked of you?" Your strongest and most durable, he'd said, of any elemental type.
PHTHALO +

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
PHTHALO
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 16:56:33 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay2"]
[attr="class","top"]

his heart lurches in his throat as the legendary moves, facing his palm upward to offer him a mode of transportation. it is quite a thing to be up close to such a magnificent beast — no matter how many times jayden witnesses it, he can't shake the feeling.

[break][break] "very well," he said, taking the other's offered hand. as he steps atop zekrom's hand and is lifted upwards, his gaze is grateful as it rests upon the beast. "thank you," he murmurs, in reverence.

[break][break] glancing towards the admin, jayden nods again. "yes." from his belt, he clips a pokeball — it is the same as any of his other rocket balls, but it sparks with electricity at the touch. "an ultrabeast from the star tournament last year. i would like to test it's means — it's a bit unruly, sir."

[newclass=".jayjay2 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.3px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".jayjay2 blockquote b, .jayjay2 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .jayjay2 blockquote b { font:bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".jayjay2 blockquote span"] font-weight:bold } .jayjay2 blockquote img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jayjay2 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; text-align:center; } .jayjay2 .top img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]

[newclass=".jayjay2 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PHTHALO
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 16:43:08 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

As Zekrom lifts them upward, Remiel nods at Jayden's proposal. "That will suit things perfectly," He says, careful to step onto Zekrom's shoulder next. Once there, he offers Jayden a hand to ferry him over as well. "You took part in the Star Tournament, did you? Where did you rank?"

Jayden was physically impressive, of course. Remiel was sure he'd lose against him in a test of might. From what he'd seen of him, he was pretty skilled at Pokémon battles, too. Though he'd never had a chance to properly put that to the test, either. Not until today.

Meanwhile, the black dragon spreads its four wings and revs up its turbine as it prepares to take flight. Before long, the trainers upon its back are forced to hold onto the black scales on its shoulder as it rises into the sky. The force of its liftoff summons a whirlwind of flowers in its wake before they shoot off to a nearby canyon.
PHTHALO +

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
PHTHALO
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 6:37:55 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"not as high as i would like." he thinks back to an old conversation he once had with . it might have been ironic, if jayden had been aware of 's relationship with her. "but relatively so —" his head tilts, a ghost of a smile on his face. "it may have been what awarded me my beast status, all those months ago."

[break][break] there was of course, the matter of his part in the sootopolis invasion as well. either way, it was impossible to tell what declan walsh was thinking.

[break][break] jayden's heart lurches as they take to the sky, and he stumbles briefly, catching upon the ambassador's arm.

[break][break] "apologies sir," he says, blinking, as they head towards a canyon in the distance. "where are we headed?"

[break][break] were they going to battle in the sky?

[break][break] "i'm afraid... i do not believe zeraora possess wings."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PHTHALO
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 14:56:09 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

"Is that so?" Remiel remarks with the quirk of an eyebrow. Truth be told, he'd never really had a seat at the table when it came to choosing a new BEAST. After all this time, he still felt like a bit of an outsider in Team Rocket's upper echelon. Though, he supposed, choosing Beasts was something did exclusively.

Nevertheless, the tug on his arm as they take flight is mostly ignored as Remiel continues to ponder what comes next. The question, however, is not. He chuckles at the remark of a winged ZERAORA before responding. "Somewhere secluded, where we can battle freely." He says. "We'll be there shortly."

As if cognizant of the topic at hand, Zekrom suddenly revs his turbine before shooting faster across the sky. The world below looks like a diorama— a DECEPTION— as they pass over verdant valleys, grassy plains, and shimmering lakes. But, eventually, all that green and splendor gives way to dust and red rock: a wasteland oasis in a sea of life.

As they enter that world of jagged ridges and deep ravines, the black dragon begins to descend, flying between them effortlessly until finding a nice clearing to land. Natural towers of rock surround them everywhere. Open dusty plains fill the space between them.

"We're here."

Remiel remarks, sliding off his Zekrom's back before planting both boots on solid earth again.
PHTHALO +

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
PHTHALO
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 23:13:07 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay2"]
[attr="class","top"]

it was what he had been told. though, he suspected a few other factors would have gone into the matter. his family's unquestionable loyalty to rocket, the own strength that he'd had to have showcased over the years, the cruel swiftness in which he'd always delivered his missions... all of it came into play.

[break][break] it still felt surreal, no matter how he thought about it.

[break][break] his heart gives a lurch as they tear into the sky, the legendary's turbines whirring unexpectedly. though jayden had been on a number of vehicle in his life, nothing quite compared to this.

[break][break] he glances down as the calcifet estate expands broadly, flitting across his gaze like a diorama. images flicker impossibly fast as they sweep through the fields, and jayden can't help but cling slightly to the ambassador's arm as they take off. the sound of wings beating swirl in his heart as they descend downwards onto the desolate landscape, dust piling up in soft clouds as the pokemon brings them back to earth.

[break][break] jayden would never admit it — but he's relieved.

[break][break] he steps off the giant beast with a little less finesse than normal — how could he not — and then glances around.

[break][break] "that was quite the ride," he remarks, reaching for the pokeball. electricity crackles around the sphere and before jayden can even press the capsule, his zeraora exploding from her container with reckless abandon. light sparks in the air around them as the pokemon dashes in sharp bursts of electricity in the sky, a zig-zag pattern from one end of the cavern to the other, before she skids in front of jayden with a bright, feral grin.

[break][break] jayden sighs.

[break][break] "meet marena."

[break][break] a flick of another pokeball at his belt and his other pokemon rises to action, this one much calmer.

[break][break] "this is kozma."

[newclass=".jayjay2 blockquote span"] font-weight:bold } .jayjay2 blockquote img { filter:grayscale(10%); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PHTHALO
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 9:50:33 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
🗲
The prince puts himself at the ready to catch Jayden should he need it. Despite the tenuous landing, however, his companion manages not to stumble and fall. "Apologies. I probably should have warned you that Zekrom can be a bit of a speed demon. But you handled it well." Remiel chuckles, patting his cohort's shoulder.

As Jayden summoned his Pokémon, however, the royal clasped his hands behind his back and looked on with great interest. The SHINY ZERAORA, dubbed MARENA, seemed to be a rather cocky one. The KUBFU, on the other hand, showed more discipline and restraint. Not unlike his URSHIFU had been, who now operated as his bodyguard at events.

Nevertheless, Remiel nods in approval of both.

"Splendid."

Just as he says so, the sound of Zekrom swiftly taking off stirs up a small ring of dust behind them. Before any are given a chance to turn around, however, the black dragon lands across from them just as quickly. The ground trembles beneath its feet when it lands. Pthalo-blue electricity crackles and coils around its body. And, slowly, its turbine whirs.

"He's ready when you are."

Remiel states, choosing to take a step back and observe Jayden and his Pokémon as they put the TERAVOLT to the test.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
PHTHALO
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 21:31:11 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"ah," he coughs a bit, to catch his breath. "it is alright. i should have expected it."

[break][break] he thinks of the way that admin fox had taken him atop that whirring bathysphere all those months ago, and couldn't help but feel a little similarly.

[break][break] there is not time for being caught in wandering thought, however, because a battle is about to take place. jayden's expression clicks into seriousness — the same as it does whenever he is caught on a mission — and the nods subtly, wincing only slightly as the turbines stir once more and the pokemon takes to the air.

[break][break] "marena, close in —" he starts, but the zeraora is already halfway across the map, lit up with hot white light even as his order descends. THUNDER crackles across the air in reckless abandon.

[break][break] "kozma, defense."

[break][break] the kubfu chases after his partner, though at a bit of a slower speed, as it pins it's eyes towards the zekrom in attempt to DETECT it's next move.

[newclass=".jayjay2 blockquote span"] font-weight:bold } .jayjay2 blockquote img { filter:grayscale(10%); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PHTHALO
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 2:11:15 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
🗲
Zekrom roars as the battle begins. Blasting forward as soon as the Zeraora zips ahead, he tanks the THUNDER that descends from above. In fact, it only seems to whir its turbine even faster, prompting him to suddenly shift sideways and powerfully whip it across, attacking both of his opponents simultaneously (BREAKING SWIPE).

Meanwhile, as the battle continues, Remiel stands beside Jayden and observes. "He's powerful, but reckless," The royal comments, narrowing his hues of cobalt blue on the subject in question. "His amnesia might contribute to that... but I think there's more to it. I know there is."

And, hopefully, this match could bring it out.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
PHTHALO
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 15:27:38 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay2"]
[attr="class","top"]

it's no surprise that the THUNDER is consumed by the beast of thunder. even so, it's more interesting to see it in action - watching the turbines whirr to life as it consumes the electricity like a monster hungered for war.

[break][break] marena is quick to leap out of the way of the breaking swipe, swapping places with VOLT SWITCH.

[break][break] unfortunately, that means that kozmo gets slammed in the face by it. the small cub is thrown onto the grass, pain blooming across his face.

[break][break] "marena! work together!"

[break][break] the reprimand doesn't go unnoticed by the zeraora, but she doesn't seem to pay attention to it even as she releases an AURA SPHERE.

[break][break] jayden turns to his friend.

[break][break] "marena is the same. it is quite difficult managing these beasts, isn't it?" his lips curve into a ghost of a smile.

[break][break] he contemplates 's words before asking:

[break][break] "what do you think it is?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PHTHALO
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 18:16:43 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
🗲
Though reckless with its capacity for violence, Zekrom exhibits a startling grace as it dodges the AURA SPHERE in the midst of a swift DRAGON DANCE. A strange green aura surrounds its body as its turbine whirs even louder, clearly preparing for another attack. TERAVOLT energy fills the battlefield with crackling vigor, sprouting from the ground itself like ephemeral grass.

Remiel nods in response to Jayden in the meantime, then takes a moment to speculate what might be at play here. "Aggression can stem from many things. Stress. Pain. Unmet physical needs. Traumatic experiences. Based on the mythology, however, Zekrom has faced these things before in the pursuit of its IDEAL world."

There had to be something more...

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
PHTHALO
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 15:20:55 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayjay2"]
[attr="class","top"]

sparks of electricity fly from the grass, gathering in marena's snow-white coat. VOLT ABSORB devours the bolts excitedly as she rushes forward once more, thrusting another AURA SPHERE the legendary's way. kozmo sprints behind her, leaping to the air with a DYNAMIC PUNCH.

[break][break] an ideal world.

[break][break] how trite.

[break][break] "an ideal world.. what do you think it's searching for?" his brow furrows, before his head tilts towards his friend's. "do you have something you're searching for, sir?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
PHTHALO
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 18:23:25 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
🗲
The Zeraora may consider itself fed, but none benefits more of the TERAVOLT than the one who created it. With a wide BREAKING SWIPE of its giant paw, Zekrom swiftly strikes the AURA SPHERE away and attempts to swat the Kubfu down next before its DYNAMIC PUNCH can land. Despite that, it is clear the former attack has caused some damage regardless by the scuffed markings on his hand.

"It's past. The meaning for its existence." Remiel solemnly replies, his gaze elsewhere for a moment before he blinks and returns his full attention to Jayden. "I suppose Zekrom isn't too different from humanity in that regard, hm?" Hidden histories and origins were the reason why he'd delved into archaeology in the first place.

When asked if there was something he was searching for, however, Remiel takes a moment to muse. There were varying degrees to the answer, after all. Happiness. Fulfillment. Love. A conclusion to the mystery of .

Ultimately, he answers in the context of Zekrom's plight. "My ideal world? It's one where we've broken the chains that bind true freedom." The royal responds, recalling the bond he'd made with his legendary some time ago. Regarding the up-and-coming Admin by his side, he asks:

"And yours?"

MADE BY MIZO