Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
quell
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 17:05:30 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]

greyson walks by kaida's side looking glum, confused, and definitely annoyed. a few blocks away a group of civilians had taken to the streets in protest, and over the course of the event, had gotten riled up to the point of a riot.
[break][break]
this of course required a league presence to soothe, or quell - whichever was required.
[break][break]
"this isn't what i signed up for," he says aloud, teeth grinding and jaw steeling.
[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".greyson"] --accent:#7c98b2; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
quell
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 23:47:45 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

I’m a Ranger, I help Pokemon. You-you should be helping people?

Kaida leaned forward like the scene might make more sense with proximity. Protests were becoming a more common sight these days, but that didn’t mean she understood them any more. Hoenn was a place of danger, and it never struck her to blame the League for it, but Rocket. It was baffling, but she wasn’t one to act like many things made sense to her.

The urge to release her Pokemon was maddening, her heart thudding in her throat as she gazed over the tense scene. Her job was not to take care of humans, though.

What should we do? People tell me it’s bad to chase civilians away with Pokemon.

Pokemon: Ormr, Ekans, Male, Shed Skin. Bite, Glare, Acid Spray, Stockpile, Giga Drain, Swallow. Has Z-move Rattlesnake!

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
quell
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 5:19:09 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
"it's more complicated than that," he says, eyes scanning the distant crowd, "people have a right to protest. they only get violent when they feel like their rights are being violated." or when rocket agents rile them up to further the divide between the league, and their people.
[break][break]
he doesn't voice that concern though.
[break][break]

"let's just... give it a few minutes. we'll caution law enforcement to back off and see if that helps." it was a longshot at best. once a crowd of this size got to work, well, they wouldn't stop anytime soon.
[break][break]

"see anyone that stands out? maybe a spokesperson for the civilians?"
[attr="class","notes"]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
quell
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 20:20:51 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Of course it isn’t.” Kaida’s teeth showed in a white flash, a spurt of laughter breaking through the barrier of enamel. “You know that isn’t true.” Humans got furious over the simplest things. They raged and raved over nothing. Pokemon and their homes got caught in it. It was always horrible. Kaida was less than interested in letting the protest go on and only adhered to Greyson’s suggestion because of his superior status in this situation. She had said it herself. His job was to work with humans, perhaps he had a plan in mind.

Are we going to remove the leader?” Did people do that with their civilians? Had she been being too kind? Civilians tended to cause troubles, but she didn’t think she’d ever view one like an enemy.

Nonetheless, she looked forward with sharp eyes and narrowed them as she watched a human slip in and out of the crowd. He wasn’t taking part in the rage, she wondered if he was the one causing it all. She looked to Greyson, voice low and conspirative as she jerked her head towards the man in the crowd.

He seems less angry than the others.” An excellent trait in a leader. To be able to rile their followers up and direct them towards a target. “Are we going to fight him or do something softer?” Considering that this man wasn’t an enemy, she expected no combat, but what did she know?

Pokemon: Ormr, Ekans, Male, Shed Skin. Bite, Glare, Acid Spray, Stockpile, Giga Drain, Swallow. Has Z-move Rattlesnake!

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
quell
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 5:34:05 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
her question breaks his stride and he turns a halfcocked head in her direction, expression troubled.

"no... we're not going to take out the leader." was this a reflection of his character? the leagues? or just in-experience with people? the idea that he could be associated with the type of people that'd do something like that, well...
[break][break]
"if there's a leader - and there usually is - we can sit down and work it out with him." that gave them a semblance of control over the situation, which could very well help. but—
[break][break]
"him? grey coat?" not wanting to give away their presence, he only looks for a moment, before moving his gaze over the rest of the crowd in an act of 'scanning for threats.' in the brief time his gaze lands on figure in question he doesn't get the vibe that this figure was in charge, so much as he was acting suspicious in general.
[break][break]
perhaps his theory from before was correct — rocket was riling them up.
[break][break]
"recognize 'em?"
[attr="class","notes"]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
quell
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 1:08:08 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida scratched her head, looking awkward about the concept Greyson described.

I’m not good at talking to people, I’m a Ranger, Pokemon are easier than that. I think I look angry.

Pokemon tended to have survival on their mind. They sought out safety and food, and sometimes territory. Humans could riot for an imagined sense of failing safety, desire for newness, or just because they wanted to riot. She supposed it could be a cry for attention, but she couldn’t understand that either. Attention had never meant good things for her.

I don’t think so?

Except for the grey shirt making him recognizable, the man was just another man to her. Her eyes wandered like a curious child’s. Never staying in one place, reluctant to focus on one thing.

I can’t tell from faces. I’m sorry.

Had the man been wearing anything but that grey coat, she’d have likely lost him.

Who…who do you think he is?

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
quell
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 16:26:15 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
she really wasn't good with people. that fact didn't bother him, but it made things a bit tougher. oh well.
[Break][break]
he guides her gently towards an alleyway and out of sight from the mob.
[Break][break]
"i have an idea," he starts, rummaging foe the pokemon he needed. "just trust me."
[Break][break]
the first of the two was an espeon. delicately she shook her small form, looking up to gauge greysons reasoning. there, she read his mind, and understood.
[Break][break]
a blanket of psychic energy pulses out invisible to the naked eye. only the gem on espeons head shining, gives away any sign of something happening.
[Break][break]
the second pokemon is a small zorua. "okay," be begins, speaking for the benefit of the group, "zorua here is going to illusion us so we look different and can blend in with the crowd. meanwhile, espeon is trying to determine if there's anyone openly trying to incite the riot through their thoughts."
[Break][break]
"how's that sound?"

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
quell
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 18:22:48 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida follows with little fanfare, understanding that their mission was reliant on quelling the crowd. If they ended up inciting violence, they failed. She’d just have to adapt, same as ever. As Greyson released his Pokemon, she inclined her head in a short bow.

Hello. Thank you for helping.

She was possibly more respectful to the Pokemon than she was to most people. After listening to Greyson’s idea, she added her own input.

Can you hide Ormr so he isn't visble, then? If we find any enemies, or we are in danger, I want him near.

The Ekans was an avid user of Glare and large enough to restrain most humans, but she knew they’d raise a panic if he had to protect them in broad sight. It was better for him to be invisible. Most people were frightened of the serpent already.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
quell
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2022 3:03:48 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
he contemplates her request, but shakes his head silently. "look there," he says with a head nudge, "a few have their pokemon out with them already. if we complicate the illusion any further we risk it failing under scrutiny." he was a people pleaser at heart, and part of him felt bad for saying no, but so long as the ekans didn't glare every single living thing between them and their target — they'll be OK.
[break][break]
meanwhile, at their feet, the psychic-type works to sort through what felt like hundreds of a thoughts. trying to find someone with ill-intentions wasn't as simple a task as one might've thought. it was like searching for a nickel at the bottom of a community pool full of people screaming, laughing, and treading water violently.
[break][break]
greyson resists the urge to pat her encouragingly. instead he keeps his attention fixed on those around them. if he was lucky, he could read body language well before something happened.
[break][break]
it takes a long, tense minute, before the espeon winces. the cat-like pokemon turns towards an area of the crowd they'd passed a few moments ago, and greyson turns along with her. confused, he scans the crowd. just when he was considering giving up, something comes into view between two others.
[break][break]
a malamar.
[break][break]
the strange squid pokemon seemed to stop every other foot, his eyes flicking between the people around it in concentration. the trainer that accompanied it was non-descript as they came — a perfect disguise.
[break][break]
"there," he nudges kaida, "we found our instigator. split up and pincer him?"

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
quell
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 4:10:30 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

As the Espeon searches minds, Kaida holds her breath and struggles not to move more than necessary. Being among a crowd like this rings in her ears, and forces her to look every which way, even trying to control herself. Silently, she begs the reliable psychic to hurry.

It was almost a relief when they find their target, and she finally breaths out, teeth showing in a flash of white. A Malamar, another Pokemon that could interfere with minds. She'd have to be careful with an Ekans, but care and the assistance of another Psychic-type should be enough to curb most of the danger.

"Ready. Go." She mouths rather than speaks, already slithering in a wide arc towards the target.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
quell
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 22:11:46 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
both greyson and loop around, but something in their thoughts sparks a look of immediate readiness from the squid. the trainer next to him straightens, as if pulled upright on marionette strings, and casts stares straight ahead.
[break][break]
"the hell?"
[break][break]
there was no time to parse whatever that interaction was. to his left, espeon peers into the future (FUTURE SIGHT) as she attempts to discern the creatures next move, but what she sees is muddled and grey.
[break][break]
the purple cat's hackles raise, and lobs a nearby, unattended bag, at the malamar. greyson's eyes look past it, and to .

[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
quell
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 16:07:58 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

She wasn't the type to know how to catch a human painlessly...all she knew was that Glare was always a good capturing tatic, for both trainers and Rangers. She only hoped that it worked just as well here.

As Greyson's eyes hit her's, she jerked her head and her Ekans' eyes flashed a yellow, fixing on the human's. In that instant, movement would become impossible, and either Kaida or Greyson could take their chance to grab the dissenter, hopefully without fanfare.

...She only hoped the Malamar wouldn't interfere.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
quell
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 1:56:03 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
the GLARE locks the man up, but from greyson's vantage point... it changes nothing. his eyes are still glazed over, face lack of emotion.
[break][break]
"wait, it's th-"
[break][break]
his words are interrupted as a PSYCHO CUT nearly takes off his head. he trips, crashing to the ground and rolling into a nearby protester. they collapse on top of greyson and soon enough, he's in a tangle of arms and a body that's as receptive to moving as lead.
[break][break]
when he finally pulls himself together and away from the other person, he moves to ensure their safety. only... it's another glazed over look. he looks for , but finds nothing - at least, not immediately. instead, he shouts.
[break][break]
"it's controlling them — all of them!"
[break][break]
at once the protesting stops — and the horde turns on them.
[attr="class","notes"]

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
quell
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 3:26:25 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

All at once they were under attack, a heavy hand landed on her arm and Kaida wrenched away violently. The dead eyes of the controlled human couldn't even glare, more a robot than person. Her sleeve ripped as if caught in a vice, and her Ormr hissed futiely at the fearless attackers.

They were going to be torn to pieces if this kept up.

"I'm sorry!" She yelled at Greyson in advance, "Cover your ears!" As if sensing her intentions, her serpent steadied himself on her shoulders. If Glare paralyzed one of the humans, then paralysis could still stop them. It would be a ghastly affair, though.

"Rattlesnake." As her own hands smashed over her ears, the Z-move roared over the crowd, the very sound knocking a few over. Rooted to the ground, Kaida looked to Greyson to free the controlled humans from their puppeteer.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,061 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
quell
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 5:04:45 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
"wha-"
[break][break]
his words are cut off as the Z-MOVE erupts, a sound so powerful that it manifests visually, its physical effects knocking the drone-like humans to the ground. his own ears began to ring, and he hit the floor — not entirely out of his own volition, either.
[break][break]
luckily, the swarm was disoriented. the squid-pokemon was woozy on its 'feet', its eyes glossed over temporarily. if they were going to strike...
[break][break]
"rose!" he calls for the espeon, and between its own struggle to stand, the outline of here eyes glow dimly. a cell-phone lances out from somewhere on the ground at breakneck speeds, clocking the other pokemon in the head.
[break][break]
it falls with a heavy thump and greyson sighs in relief.

[attr="class","notes"]