SHATTERED

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
SHATTERED
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 9:49:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blyth"]
[attr="class","top"]

. as familiar a face as she may be, he could not help but wonder why exactly is she here? has she found out the truth already? no, he had been extra meticulous with the hit. tracing it back to him would be a huge task.[break][break]

so, why?[break][break]

ah. broken boat. faulty engine of some kind. being the good samaritan he is, he approaches her by the docks.[break][break]

"do you need a hand?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-chimecho"]

[newclass=".blyth"]--accent:#d3b763; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blyth blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blyth blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".blyth blockquote i, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".blyth .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blyth .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blyth .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
SHATTERED
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 1:17:35 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
There wasn't any time for this. Her impatience grew by the second, the longer the boat wouldn't run.

Why the hell did she think that it'd be a good idea to come to Slateport Beach on a boat anyway? Jessie knew she should have booked a flying taxi when she had the chance.

At least Kai was being taken care of, back with the gang. -

She had to stop the thought, raising a hand to her mouth to hold back a feeling of nausea or a sob. Honestly, at this point, she wasn't sure. Her mind was occupied by unpleasant thoughts when @calhoun spoke.

The strange voice startled her, bringing her back to reality as she looked up, trying to remain composed and cautious.

"Oh. Uh, yeah, you could say that I do..."

In more ways than one.

"I'm sort of stuck here."
@calhoun
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
SHATTERED
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 2:00:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blyth"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i can see that," he breathes a soft chuckle, gesturing to the engine at the back, "may i?"[break][break]

the ends of his coat slap gently against the side of the boat as he steps in. he knees down, inspecting the engine for a brief moment before coming to a diagnosis.[break][break]

without saying much else, he pries open the motor and gets to work.[break][break]

"what, uh," he tugs on something, "what brings you to slateport?"

[newclass=".blyth blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blyth blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".blyth blockquote i, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".blyth .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".blyth .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
SHATTERED
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 2:08:04 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie blinked, apparently a bit shocked that a stranger would offer her help. Of course, she had no idea that he was the harbormaster. It was probably in his job description to help those in need out.

"Sure. Thanks. Um... do you know how much I'll need to pay you?"

Her funds weren't the richest at the moment, even with the support of the gang. She needed to get back to work, but...

The hunt was calling her.

"Oh, I have family here. And I have business to attend to as well. I guess it's a working vacation," Jessie said, trying to play it light.

"Do you just help people out for the hell of it, or do you work around here?"
@calhoun
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
SHATTERED
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 3:49:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blyth"]
[attr="class","top"]

"no need."[break][break]

even though his obligations as harbourmaster compel him to help, it isn't his main reason for doing so.[break][break]

after another tug, he pulls out the filter before stepping over to the side of the boat to dunk it into the water, effectively rinsing it.[break][break]

"ah, yes, you must be councilman black's daughter."[break][break]

which is something he's known for a while given his working relationship with . not like most would know that, however.[break][break]

"i'm the harbourmaster here."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
SHATTERED
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 16:24:09 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie was taken aback by him denying payment. From all her past experiences with men, they always requested money. Or, if it wasn't money, it was something else.

So she wondered if he wanted something from her as well...

"Um. Thank you."

She'd figure it out later, she decided, as the topic flowed to her father. Her brows furrowed as the man brought him up, crossing her arms over her chest as though she was protecting herself.

"How'd you figure that out?"
@calhoun
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
SHATTERED
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 16:46:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blyth"]
[attr="class","top"]

in truth, has rarely ever mentioned his children. maybe in passing, but even then it had been brief. nondescript.[break][break]

"i'm well-acquainted with your father and the black family."[break][break]

he lifts the filter, waving it as dirt and sand trickles down into the water.[break][break]

"i'm surprised you don't remember me, miss black."[break][break]

he pauses in thought.[break][break]

"or is it manner now?"

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
SHATTERED
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 1:17:11 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessica blinked. The warning bells were sounding in her head. How did this man know her? He claimed to know her father but...

It just didn't seem to add up to her. She never remembered meeting someone like @calhoun in her life. Unless she was too occupied with every other shit show going on that she couldn't remember.

"I don't..."

And then he said it. His name. Her name, now, but it made her heart stop.

"How do you know..."

Her guard was up, as she looked at him with a wary gaze.
@calhoun
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
SHATTERED
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 2:54:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blyth"]
[attr="class","top"]

her wary gaze meets his back, his shoulders, but never his own gaze for it remains cast elsewhere. he steps back over to the motor, kneeling down to fix the filter back in place.[break][break]

a few seconds later, and he's done. back on his feet.[break][break]

"i suppose congratulations are in order. after all, you are the first among your siblings to wed."[break][break]

chimes ring in the near distance, gaining in volume as a chimecho floats on over before hovering near cal. a smile is fixed on its face, friendly as ever.[break][break]

a tug on the cord sends the motor rumbling to life.[break][break]

"so, where to from here? back to verdanturf?"

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
SHATTERED
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 15:09:20 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
His words, although they seemed to be meant in good nature and friendly, drove deep into her chest. It was as though he was rubbing salt into her wounds by reminding her that Niko was dead.

Jessie tried not to let her anger and grief show on her face, but her jaw was tight as she looked at him.

"What else do you know?"

It was almost an accusation, but it was also a genuine question. Her gut screamed that there was something about this man that was off. How he seemed to know these details about her more than her own family.

She never painted as one to gossip either.

"No. I'd rather stay here for the moment. Who are you?"
@calhoun
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
SHATTERED
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 3:15:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blyth"]
[attr="class","top"]

her first question is met with silence as he reaches into his coat for a bit of cloth to wipe his hands with.[break][break]

"i'm just the harbourmaster."[break][break]

no one important. at least, not in a way that concerns her.[break][break]

finally, he turns to look back at her, and the moment he does, his chimecho's eyes glow a certain shade of pink and purple as a HYPNOSIS pulses. but cal is quick to raise a hand to wave the psychic-type off.[break][break]

it floats away, leaving them be.[break][break]

"well, i'll be on my way now. have a good evening, jessica."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
SHATTERED
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 21:33:14 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
He gave her nothing. Jessie felt her body grow more tense, rigid with rage.

But she didn't yell at him. She stared at him, a defenseless woman, at a man who wouldn't answer her questions.

Her gaze flicked to the CHIMECHO, stopped from whatever it was planning by its master.

"Wait!"

Jessie grabbed his arm, holding on with a tight grip as she stepped forward. She was desperate now.

"Please. If you know anything, something... I'm begging you, please tell me. I don't even know who you are. But I need help. Please, it's not just for me..."

For Kai.
@calhoun
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
SHATTERED
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 16:02:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blyth"]
[attr="class","top"]

caught in her grasp, he stops, rocking the boat ever so gently as he listens to what she has to say. her plea for help, most likely.[break][break]

"...for kai?"[break][break]

his head tilts as he blinks, feigning something akin to sympathy as he looks at her.[break][break]

"you should be wary of who you trust, jessica."[break][break]

more pity than sympathy.[break][break]

"there's a rat in your gang."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,147 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
SHATTERED
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 16:30:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: