he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,434 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 22:34:06 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Eevee tapped away at the toy piano, lovely little notes following each press, albeit without any melody or rhythm. She pressed away with intent, trying to put together some kind of song, but her complete lack of musical talent would be apparent to anyone listening.

The frustration on her face would be clear, even as she had no idea what she was doing. Yet with her efforts focused solely on this effort, her determination began to shine from her: quite literally, as her body began to Illuminate, a slight glow emanating from her body.

She grumbled as she kept plonking away, oblivious to her now-glowing state. It wasn’t something she was unaware of - she knew very well this thing happened to her - but she was just too intent on trying to make a song to care about it. She didn’t even care as she received a number of stares, both from her music and her glow.

close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
oh, i was lost, but now i am found
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 14:22:14 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Kozani didn’t enjoy being left in such a facility like the remnants of lunch gets deposited in a wastebasket. Of course, it wasn’t so dire as that, but she didn’t know that!

A number of strange Pokemon attempted to approach her and make friends, but she’d warned them all away with big clacks of her teeth. She wasn’t here to play nice!

She was ready to sit in a corner and stay there for the entire span of this hellish stay, but something caught her eye--

--an Eevee, padding out discordant notes on a tiny, rainbow keyboard, began to glow.

Well, Kozani thought, that’s the first interesting thing that’s happened to me all day.

She was still nervous. She approached with the telltale steps of a rodent-- slowly, little hops, sideface, ears up. And ever so gently, she reached out and sniffed at the incandescent Eevee’s tail, wondering just what the heck was going on, here.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,434 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 17:21:42 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Another set of plinks, another set of notes with no rhythm. She wasn’t making much progress, but tried she did, even as her body glowed from determination.

Until she heard something get close to her. By close, it meant literally right behind her, sniffing as her tail. She turned to look at the source, a Nidoran. There was a baffled expression on the Eevee’s face for a moment, until she finally realized her body was glowing.

Oh.

Her tail swung away from the Nidoran, towards her own body. “This, uh, doesn’t make it smell any different,” she nervously said, “My trainer would’a noticed if it did.” At least that’s what the other Pokemon he had said. “I just glow when I get really focused on somethin. Or it just happens sometimes.

She looked back at the toy keyboard. “Guess I got to into makin a song, huh?

close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 17:32:38 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Kozani froze, rabbit in the light, as the Eevee turned and caught her snooping. Busted.

But the little fox-like creature didn’t seem offended. If anything, she was almost as confused as Zani was.

“How strange,” she confessed. It was a sterile sound, devoid of judgment, curled up at the tips like burnt paper, warmed by wonder. “Does the glow-- accomplish anything?”

It clearly had not made her a better musician, but leave the pardoning to the priests as CJ liked to say.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,434 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 22:44:09 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Yeah, it was strange; she didn’t know many other Pokemon that did the same thing she did, and the other Eevee’s her trainer had couldn’t do it either. “Doesn’t really do much, other than make me glow like this. I don’t feel anythin different.

There was a small sigh from her. “But it doesn’t matter much. Not like my trainer can see it. And he can’t feel it or hear it or nuthin, and I sure don’t wanna test if he can taste it.” What point was there in glowing like this if her trainer couldn’t see it?

A light went off in her head - metaphorically speaking, though she did open her mouth wide as she remembered one other detail. “Oh! And, uh, sometimes it makes these glowly flowers appear. Look like they got shiny rocks in’em.” She’d been told their name before, but she just couldn’t recall it at the moment. “They’re really pretty! I think if we go outside, I could make some of’em!

close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 16:39:47 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

A trainer that couldn't see or hear? Kozani stilled, rattled, at the presentation of this fact. She, admittedly, had a very small narrow scope with which to view the world. A prey-species' examination; not being able to see or hear meant death, most certainly.

"I think," she ventured, made blunt by her youth, "humans are the strangest of all."

Despite herself, she is intrigued. A glowy flower sounds like a delight, and having made the acquaintance of this... marvel of nature, she does want to see more.

"Outside we go, then."

She leads the way, leaving those who had tried to befriend her before clueless as to what the difference is, with this Eevee.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,434 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 22:18:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Yeah, they’re weird. And mine’s even weirder ‘cause he can’t see nothin.” For a while, she even believed that was the case for all humans - until she met one that wasn’t blind.

That was a fun talk with her parents.

At her now-friend’s recommendation, she nodded furiously. “Yeah! Yeah, I can show you what they’re like!” She was quite literally bounding her way outdoors, a massive smile plastered on her face as she looked for a suitable spot. She was quick to find a nice patch of grass that wasn’t already being played over by many of the other Pokemon staying here.

Alright, so I just gotta focus hard enough.” She stared down at the grass before her, her body tensing up and she began to shake slightly. A Spotlight glowed over the patch, the light around her body once again appearing as she struggled, a small audience forming around to see what was going on.

And sure enough, something did sprout from the ground: a small flower sprouted from the ground, a gemstone in the middle -

And prompt slumped over, the two centimeters that rose unable to bear the weight of the gemstone. The Eevee just stared at it, tensing up once more, but that flower wasn’t growing any taller. “...they, uh, they're supposed to get bigger than that.

close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 1:08:34 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Kozani still doesn’t understand how anything can be alive and not be able to see-- humans had eyes for a reason. They were soft, prey animals, like Kozani herself.

She darts along behind the Eevee, trying to fight the urge to run between cover-- under a chair, behind a bookcase-- and emerging into the play yard beyond. She makes it over to the spot of grass her new friend has found and nods in solemn silence when the Evolution Pokemon announces she must focus.

The grass began to glow, reflecting a light that didn’t come from a true perceivable source-- like each blade was a bulb, bouncing and refracting off each other. A bloom burst from the ground-- then slumped, top heavy. It was so strange and unnatural that Kozani’s first instinct was to run-- but instead, she moved closer.

“How… how did you do that?” she asked, ear flopping slightly to the side as she tilted her head. “Is it the light?”

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,434 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 20:30:09 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Eevee stared at the tiny flower she’d made, disappointment clear on her face. She usually had better luck than that, though maybe it was just because the soil where she usually stayed was better than what was here.

Yet the Nidoran sounded impressed by her attempt? She looked up at the other Pokemon, baffled that this poor display would be impressive. “I, uh, just focus real hard on the ground there,” she muttered, her voice gradually reaching a more audible level, “Then flowers pop up. It works better when I put a Spotlight like that there.

She tapped on the sole slumped flower with her paw, unfortunately doing nothing to help it rise once more. “I think it’s the light that does it, or somethin like that. But I get more than that. And bigger ones too.

She sighed. “Sorry I promised somethin better than that.

Not like her trainer needed them though; he didn’t seem to care much about these flowers popping up anymore. There were other Pokemon he had that could do it too, more reliably. “I might have better luck with that piano toy.

close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 19:50:45 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Kozani was still beaming at the flower. She’d never seen anything like it-- and even though it wasn’t so strange in this world, neither the Eevee nor herself were Grass-types, and that made it amazing.

“This is incredible,” Kozani admitted, eyes bright with wonder.

As a prey animal, her life was rather black-and-white. Also, she was young, so her world was small. Also also, she figured herself a bastion of logic.

This flower had just changed her whole outlook!

But the next thing confused her. “How does growing a flower… translate into… playing piano?”

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,434 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 23:04:47 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Eevee lit up (metaphorically) as the Nidoran sounded so impressed by her creation. “You really like it that much?” she asked, surprised, even blushing slightly. “Just that little thing?” It didn’t seem like much, not when compared to what her trainer’s other Pokemon could do. “Well, I kinda guess it is incredible, me glowin and making a flower like that.

As for what she’d been doing before? “It…really don’t. My trainer can’t really see me glowing, and he’s already touched those flowers a bunch, so I don’t got much else to make him like me.” She let out a small sigh. “I keep thinkin maybe he’d like some music, ‘cause he likes singin with some others, but music’s hard.

She’d struggled even putting together a small tune. “And it’s gotta be really good! Not just good enough. Glowin and makin flowers grow just ain’t enough, even if mama say it's real nice.

It had to be great, to get his attention.

Or maybe, just maybe, her friend here might have an idea. “You know any way to get attention from something that can’t see? Without bitin 'em - I already tried that, and he wasn’t too happy ‘bout it.

close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 15:02:16 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

“Yes, I think it’s incredible,” Kozani reiterated, her youth allowing her to marvel at even the smallest of wonders.

She frowned, then, as the Eevee admitted there was no real direct link between the flowers, the glow, and the piano-- at least, not one that could be logically deduced.

“I think if he doesn’t pay attention to you, that’s his problem,” she said, chidlike bluntness coloring her words, “but I may have an idea. Follow me.”

And not waiting for a response, she rabbit darted across the play yard (which meant dashing and stopping under cover in a zigzag motion) until she came to a small garden. A stake had been driven into the ground, the top curled into a reverse question-mark-- and from it hung a set of crystalline wind chimes. Every time a breeze picked up, they would knock together, creating a beautiful, pealing harmony, with little skill involved.

“Have you thought about changing instruments?”

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,434 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 18:41:44 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
She couldn’t help but feel somewhat embarrassed about how much this Nidoran liked her flower, cheeks reddening further.

But her embarrassment shifted to protest as the Nidoran spoke about her trainer. “It’s not his problem! I just gotta stand out! He’s got so many other Pokemon that if I don’t stand out, I could get forgotten!” And wouldn’t that be embarrassing, being forgotten by your own trainer because you were boring.

Her interest was piqued by the Nidoran’s question, following along as the Nidoran darted around the yard, even clumsily trying to match her steps. “Well…that was the only one I saw. And I know he likes the noise they make. He listens to a lot of it.

Before she could ask what she was being led to, she heard a lovely song playing up above her. She looked up, spotting the strange things making the sounds.

Those sound…really pretty! I think he’d like’em a lot.” She reached up, as if to push them around herself, though she couldn’t reach. Not even close. “But…I can’t touch’em from here, so how’d I make the noise when I want to?” There was a brief pause as the cogs in her brain turned, before her mouth opened in joy. “Oh, right! Like this!

She turned in place, a few small stars flying out from her tail. The Swift stars smacked against the chimes. The sound of star hitting metal wasn’t nice, but the tune afterwards brought a smile to her face.

close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 1:37:16 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Kozani allows the Eevee to come to her own conclusions on how to produce a sound-- and then promptly winces as the swift stars clash discordantly off the crystal chimes.

“Mmm. Perhaps not.” She hops to behind the curled pole and stands up on her hind legs, pressing her front feet against it. It shifts in the loamy soil, tilting down at an angle, so that Eevee can easily reach the crystals with her head and tail.

“Try now.”

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,434 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Bright Ones [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 15:11:02 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
She was already preparing more Swift stars to make the chimes chime again when the Nidoran interrupted her, offering a less aggressive way to make more music. “Not a fan?” she asked, stars lying along her tail. Even if it didn’t have the exact same sound as before (a bit of a harsh noise on the hit), it was still nice.

She took a quick look around, noticing the annoyed stares she’d gotten from a number of the other daycare Pokemon - and the caretakers.

She humbly let the Swift stars dissipate into nothing, watching the Nidoran work out a more elegant solution. With the chimes much closer now, the Eevee reached up, tapping the center crystal with her head.

Having the crystal hit the chimes was a lot less harsh than her stars, even if she had to stretch a bit to reach it. “Ooh, that works real good!” she exclaimed, pushing the crystal a few more times. “Yeah, he’ll really like that!"