4,749 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
the curious case of the conniving catnapper || c
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 2:19:26 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,erishope]
[attr=class,absolute-holderis]
[attr=class,image-divideris]
[attr=class,accentbgeris]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
i can offer nothing, still you won't let go

[attr=class,bulk]
Cats are strange. Even Reiner, she does consider him to be strange at times. With how affectionate he can be in one moment and aloof the next, she wonders if he's just having a bad day or something is weighing on his mind. They're independent, they go where they please. If they fit, they most definitely will sit - Sometimes, she wonders if she should get a giant box for Reiner to live his wildest dreams.[break][break]

Most importantly, they seem to go missing quite often if given the chance to leave the house.[break][break]

"Identifying traits are... a crooked right claw... messy fur and a weird meow?"[break][break]

Green eyes meet the bright yellow gaze of a patient Luxray, his nose wrinkling just slightly as he shakes out his mane.[break][break]

"Guess we'll find out, huh?"

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

[attr=class,erishopecredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.erishope .accentbgeris]background: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .accentborder, .erishope .bulk i]border-color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .accenttext, .erishope .bulk b, .erishope .bottom-text span a]color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope]width: 500px; background: #474747; border: 1px solid #333333; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .absolute-holderis]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/hQYfbeK.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1, .erishope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #474747;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1 div, .erishope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: #999999; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text img]padding:10px; margin-left:-20px[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 3:45:10 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
Navy loved the cat cases. Maybe that was a weird thing to say, but it was easy money. It was, after all, just a cat. The owner was very grateful, as they always were, to have Navidson Solutions on the case. Navy was happy to not have any moral hang-ups over a job. When Joe Schmoe wanted to know if his wife was cheating on him, sometimes things get messy. Sometimes, Joe Schmoe turned out to be the bad guy and Navy had to deal with that. Other times, people wanted him to look into all sorts of messy or dangerous affairs.

So…yeah. Cats. Missing cats were great. Navy grumbled as he decided to hit the pavement. His life would be so much easier once he got his hands on a Growlithe or some other dog that could track by scent. As it stood, his two junior detectives for the day were Bacon the Bagon and Junior the Larvitar. The two had decided to assume the role of different sorts of detectives. Bacon took it upon himself to be the stoic, hard-boiled type.

Junior was fussing at him, trying to get him to lighten up. Junior was examining every stone, every nook, every cranny. Junior was a cute little tyke. Navy was going to poop a proverbial brick once he’d grown up big and strong. The trio walked near the markets and turned a corner.

A girl was standing there alone with a Luxray. He assumed it was hers. It was a noble looking creature, well-trained and raised – at least as far as first impressions went. Impressive. This girl must have been one hell of a trainer. Maybe she could point him in the right direction.

Hey there, Miss. Don’t mean to bother ya. My name is Michael Navidson. Navy for short. I’m here with my junior detectives lookin’ for a missing cat. Crooked claw in its right paw. Messy, messy fur. A weird meow. Think you might’ve seen any cats like that around here?” His voice was friendly and he maintained a respectful distance, smiling at her.

Junior and Bacon had no such compunctions about personal space. Bacon eyed her shoes warily. Junior tried to grab at her leg and wave up at her with a big, goofy grin on his lips. Navy had cut a hole in a deerstalker hat, putting it down the Larvitar’s head crest so that he could look the part of a proper detective.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,749 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 5:17:29 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,erishope]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,bulk]
She's quick to spin around at the call, her good eye lighting up as she takes a good look at the person addressing her. From first glance, he looks like a pretty nice person and has a rather cute Bagon and Lavitar by his side too. Reiner doesn't seem to pick up on anything suspicious either, merely regarding their presence with a polite nod of his head.[break][break]

As she listens, she looks at the photo and runs the description through her brain. Eventually, it clicks.[break][break]

"Oh, I'm looking for that cat too!! Maybe we can find it together! I'm Rosmontis Lune, but most of my colleagues just call me Rose!" She smiles at them, even bending down to give the Lavitar a pat on the head. "And you are looking real smart there, junior detective! Mind if you show me the ropes?"[break][break]

Whilst she's preoccupied with adjusting the Larvitar's deerstalker hat, Reiner seems to turn his head in a particular direction, sniffing the air before nudging his partner.[break][break]

"That-a way?" And she looks up, tapping her fingers against her lips as she follows his gaze, "That does lead to the market... maybe it was hungry or something." With a pat of her skirt, Rose stands up and hops onto Reiner's back, allowing him to lead the way. "Come on Navy! We've got a cat to track!"

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

[newclass=.erishope .accentborder, .erishope .bulk i]border-color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .accenttext, .erishope .bulk b, .erishope .bottom-text span a]color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope]width: 500px; background: #474747; border: 1px solid #333333; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .absolute-holderis]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/hQYfbeK.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1, .erishope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #474747;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1 div, .erishope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: #999999; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 20:27:40 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
Rose.” Navy repeated. A pretty name. Evocative of a color, too, just like his. Dark, dark blue and a vibrant red. A nice contrast. Navy had a problem about dwelling on that sort of symbolism when it caught his eye. “Good name, k-” Navy caught himself. Calling children ‘kid’ rarely earned him their affection. “-can’t wait to work with ya.

Awkward, but it’d do. Luckily, Junior and Bacon were both picking up the slack for him. Junior gave Rose a sweet coo and an adorable smile when she adjusted his deerstalker. Bacon was busy trying to establish dominance with the much larger Luxray. Bacon thought he was already a Salamence. Navy thought his two junior detectives were funny. One wanted to grow up already, one couldn’t seem to care less.

Junior gave Rose a hug. His skin was rough like rock, cool to the touch.

The Luxray seemed like he was onto something. Navy thanked his lucky stars. At least one of them had a Pokemon good for actual detective work. Junior decided to show just how nimble he was by jumping onto Rose’s lap atop the Luxray.

Alright then, my three detective amigos, into the market it is.” Navy strode alongside them after picking up Bacon. “Maybe he was hungry.” Navy agreed.

It couldn’t be that easy, though. Someone had told him about a pet napping ring recently. Navy thought it might have been a Rocket thing at first, but they were specifically targeting non-Pokemon pets. Particularly ones that could be sold for a steep price. If it was as simple as the cat getting lost in the market, he’d be happy, but things were never that simple. Pets were beloved for their knack for always coming home.

So, Navy resolved to keep an open mind and his eyes peeled as he followed Rose, her Luxray, and Junior, who decided he was going to be Rose’s Pokemon for a bit. The detectives were on the case.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,749 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 11:15:26 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,erishope]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,bulk]
The consonant that slips off his tongue is more than enough to tip her off and she can't help but snicker a little at how quick he is to correct himself. A rather good choice too on his part, though she probably wouldn't have made his life hell like Eris would have.[break][break]

Reiner is no stranger to having to answer a display of dominance, gently batting the Bagon away with a sigh. Somehow, he gets the feeling that this might devolve into something akin to his relation with Ollie but how often are they going to be running into each other anyways?[break][break]

When he catches the way that Rosmontis returns the Larvitar's hug, a rather ominous feeling begins to brew in his stomach.[break][break]

His attention is redirected to the scent when she pats his shoulder, his nostrils flaring as he sniffs the air for that certain scent. Amidst the swirling concoction of spices, sweets and simmering broths, he almost seems to walk in one direction and double back on his trail seconds after. When Rosmontis takes a closer look at their surroundings, all she sees are the odd shops and road side eateries, dark backstreets filled with giant dumpsters and building side entrances.[break][break]

"Hmm... that's weird..."

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights