Gathering Storm - Bring On The Hemorrhaging (S)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,669 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 1:49:39 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]
[attr="class","zevposttext"]

[attr="class","zevpostpkmn"]

Zev sighed, willing to concede that Isaac had a point about Rustboro and Mauville. "Let's hope they would consider that overkill, especially considering their other priorities," he commented. "After all, even if we're attacking a primal crystal, we're still depending on the League to successfully teleport the meteoroid before it destroys us. I'm no scientist, but I'm guessing the chance of success is very slim."[break][break]

With both pistols reassembled and cleaned, Zev carefully placed them back in their case and snapped it shut. Then he turned to the task of cleaning up the coffee table. When Isaac asked his question, Zev shook his head. He'd already gone through his mental files of Howling at the Moon's regular patrons; none of them were Caleb.[break][break]

"I've seen other Rangers, though. Some of them, anyway. The captain, , and former Councilman are occasional visitors of the bar."[break][break]

If the League was holding Caleb as some kind of prisoner, however, it made sense that Zev had not seen him out and about the city in the past two years.

[break]

[attr="class","zevpostooc"]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zevpost]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zevpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 2:15:38 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Probably depends on what we find," Isaac admitted. If Rocket could be pushed out without reinforcements, they probably wouldn't bother. If Rocket could tap into the destructive energy and it was worth the hype, they might fall back just to save their own skins. But if the energy his that sweet spot, just worth tapping into but not too challenging to overcome . . .[break][break]

That was Team Littleroot's problem. Isaac had his own mission to worry about. As much as he wanted to help, he couldn't spread himself too thin.[break][break]

Now, primal points. That was more his area of expertise. It was a troubling fact, considering Isaac had no idea how science at that level worked. "I mean. If it doesn't work, we're really dead or really lucky. Long as it's not the first one, whatever happens happens." Leaving an entire parallel universe for dead still didn't sit great with him, but something told him Zev wasn't much for sympathizing. And the closer the end of everything came, the harder it was to be a bleeding heart.[break][break]

It was easier to focus on the here and now. It was easier to focus on the people that mattered to them. Maybe that was why Zev focused on his mission, on Slateport, on Caleb. There was no sign of him, but there were apparently signs of his colleagues. One of those two names sounded familiar to him. A little too familiar with him. Wait. Had he gotten into a fight with a former member of the council?[break][break]

Time and time again, Isaac kept punching above his weight class.[break][break]

"Sounds like a lead to me," Isaac said. He still wasn't jazzed about a collision between Zev and Caleb. He just knew this wouldn't have the outcome Zev wanted. The story was too intricate, too carefully balanced, had too many moving parts. If there was a single piece out of place . . . No. He couldn't angst over it. He wasn't at Littleroot. Zev was. This was out of his hands. "Find them, Caleb shouldn't be far behind, right?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,669 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 2:48:04 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]
[attr="class","zevposttext"]

[attr="class","zevpostpkmn"]

"That's the idea," Zev confirmed, nodding. With his cleaning supplies packed away and the protective cloth folded up for a trip to the laundry machine in the near future, he could sit back on his couch at last with beer in hand. Luna snuggled into him, her head resting on his lap, one paw draped over his knee. Absently, he scratched her behind an ear, prompting a contented sigh from the Lycanroc.[break][break]

Admittedly, there was always the chance Caleb never showed up at Littleroot. The League could send him to another location to help with activating the primal points. Or they might send him to Mt. Pyre once they catch wind that Team Rocket has infiltrated it. Unfortunately, there were too many unknowns, frustrating Zev immensely. He consoled himself with the fact that Caleb was alive, and that he was closer to finding his brother with every passing day.[break][break]

Zev glanced sidelong at Isaac. "You should get in touch with Gavin and sign up for the Mt. Pyre operation before too long. He and Underboss del Mar are leading it, and they'll be planning the strategy soon."[break][break]

He paused, considering his next words.[break][break]

"Listen carefully to their instructions, and do not do anything reckless." Zev gave the younger man a pointed look. "We're not playing games anymore, Isaac. If you keep a cool head and listen to your commanders, you will survive this."

[break]

[attr="class","zevpostooc"]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zevpost]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zevpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 3:15:07 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was the damndest thing. When there wasn't anything at stake, and the performance of Zev's Pokemon wasn't of any importance, he was actually really caring to them. Seeing him sitting on the couch, snuggled up with his Lycanroc was such a baffling sight. It was almost impossible to reconcile it with the twisted grin that had fixed on Isaac days ago.[break][break]

When they had first started their great game, Isaac thought he was getting the hang of it. Yet the more Isaac tried to decipher Zev, the more he realized the enormity of the task before him. Every question he managed to answer left three more in its place, like the Lernean Hydra of agendas. Every mask hid a false face. Every layer supported another guise. And sometimes, when Isaac dug a little too deep, he ended up finding some real ugly things.[break][break]

It was easier to focus on business. And that was exactly what Zev steered the conversation back towards. "I've actually been working with him a lot lately," Isaac said. Briefly, he wondered if Zev would be jealous. Then he realized just how absurd of a thought that was. "Next time I see him, I'll let him know I'm in for the mission."[break][break]

Don't do anything reckless. That was very pertinent advice to give to Isaac "Reckless" Merlo. If you scanned him with a Pokedex, you'd expect him to deal extra damage with Take Downs, because his ability was Reckless. Nevertheless, the gravity of this situation was beyond anything Isaac had ever partook in before. While Isaac's recklessness had gotten himself out of as many problems as it had gotten him into, he knew there was a time and a place for counting on it. This wasn't one of them.[break][break]

"I know this is going to take everything I've got. Everything we've all got. And I'm not about to be the reason why it all falls apart," Isaac said. "You can count on me, and so can everyone on Mt. Pyre. No messing around this time. I promise."[break][break]

When Isaac gave his word, he meant it. Even if it meant taking the first steps onto a long, dark, and treacherous journey.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 23:00:50 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: