1,877 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Seraphim: Year One (Yvaine)
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 20:36:10 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
It was a menial job, but he knew what he was getting into. With none of the organization knowing his true face save for a few, they were right to distrust him. He would do the same in their shoes, but he was here to prove himself, and at least move himself up the ranks as quickly as possible in order to gain enough infamy for the next phase of his plan. So if hurting someone was required for him to do that, then he wouldn't hesitate. Dressed in his full armor garb he dropped down in the alleyway behind the shop that was the target for this. Apparently certain people asked for favors of his new organization, but they were charged a fee. If they failed to pay said fee, people were dispatched to deal with them.

Having no infamy, and therefore being at the lowest possible rank in Rocket at the moment as it's newest recruit, he had taken the job. Without hesitation, and asking for further details, with mechanical discipline he simply came to the place. Within his armor he felt like a different person, which was good. If any of his other personality bled through it would lead to others figuring out who he was, and he couldn't have that.

So he picked the lock the way that Walter had taught him, and made his way into the shop through the back. The owner had just closed up, and was cleaning. Silently he walked along the floor until the mans back was to him, and then he struck. With an elbow to the back of the mans head he knocked him down, and began to speak. The voice modulator making his voice sound more robotic than normal. It was eerie.

"I don't think I need an introduction, but I am here to collect payment that you owe to my organization. As you are very late, and they are not happy about it." He let his words sink in as panic began to smear the mans features. "Can you pay?" He was not a monster he would allow the man the chance to pay first before he broke his bones.

"Please I can have it by next week! Just be patient!" The man began to plead, but he didn't listen, and instead he walked up to him, and pressed the heel of his foot to the mans knee.

There was a resounding crack, and a scream of agony as he broke the mans leg at the knee.

"That is a permanent injury even mending it, walking will become troublesome at times. Should I do the same to the other?" His orders had been clear. Either get the money or make the man suffer.

And that is when the man screamed for help, but who was going to come help him?

close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
You say you're a god man, so what I'm the devil herself
awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 23:18:53 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
5 minutes.

That was all it took to create a scene of chaos, with consequences she would never recover from. And it hadn't even been through her own doing either; a routine controle by Slateport's police had caused the small delay, and by all means, the job she'd been hired for wasn't one that should have been affected by such a delay either. Stand around as a bodyguard for an overly-worried shopkeep. His demand for protection had been a strong one, yet the why he'd never wished to explain; so after a week of quite literally nothing happening, she'd been in her right to assume being 5 minutes late would do no harm.

Yet when Yvaine rounded the corner, an agonizing scream welcomed her. With a mouthful of curses the mercenary bolted for the shop, hearing another voice -distorted, yet she wasn't sure whether that was because she was moving or because of other reasons- as she closed in and kicked the door open. What she found was an armored man looming over her charge, and the shopkeeper trying to clutch his broken leg. In a single glance she realised how dirty the method of breaking had been, and with only one definite culprit present, turned her focus fully on the intruder. Her employer wasn't bleeding or in any visible way mortally wounded, which meant she had the chance and time to direct her attention to the troublemaker instead.

In that short time-frame; kicking in the door as a banging entrance and force all attention to her person, and the glance needed to register what was going on, Yvaine had grabbed unto a nearby wooden chair and tossed it full force at the armored man, hoping it would distract him enough to make a slide for her patron and at least shove them out of the way. Regardless of its success, the red-haired mercenary would square up and put herself between the intruder and the shopkeep, one way or another. "I'm your opponent." she'd state, unafraid.

@amor

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,877 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 15:54:29 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
As the woman came bursting through the door he began to wonder if that was the purpose of the mans scream, and he quirked a hidden brow as he threw a chair at him. Batting it away with his arm it broke over on the nearby wall, and he just let out a dissonant sigh. HIs voice filtered through the changer made it sound more exasperated.

"Really? Instead of paying us back you hired her instead?" He put his palm on his face clearly annoyed. He didn't seem the least bit threatened by the new arrival, and was treating her like an NPC. "I mean I appreciate your tastes. Red heads are supreme." He said making a small kiss noise at the end with his fingers in front of where his mouth should have been. "But you could have just saved all this hassle." A robotic groan as he rubbed the back of his helm wondering what he should do about the newcomer.

His orders had been to make the guy suffer, but he only had one broken leg, would that be enough for this to be considered mission complete? It was obvious he wasn't going to pay, and so he tapped his foot as he thought.

"You're my opponent huh? I doubt that." Was he patronizing her, it was hard to tell with his voice being made to sound so synthetic. "But sure I'll humor you." He said with a shrug. "If you beat me, I won't break his other leg. But if I win, he gets a shiny new wheelchair." He chuckled, and then something appeared out of his shadow. It was a Dragapult. "I hope you're fighting skills are on par with your looks, otherwise this is going to be boring very quickly." He mused wondering if he had gotten under her skin at all.

Rather than attacking her with his pokemon immediately as she might have expected, he simply waited for her to release a pokemon of her own. It was no fun fighting a defenseless opponent, he wasn't the League after all. So with patience he simply watched, and waited from beneath his visor, because he had already seen his path to victory. And he doubted this woman would take the same path as him.

TLDR
Amor summoned his Dragapult
Amor sassy flirted.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights