part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
once upon a december [mask]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 5:54:02 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"I warn you, I know enough to not step on your toes." he said, words ending in a laugh as he carefully led the Galarian by the hand onto the marbled dance floor. Though, far less elegant or styled than his dancing partner, his posture is impeccable. Back straight, shoulders back. His steps are confident, and his smile doesn't waver when he looked up into amber eyes. [break][break]

He held up Thomas' hand in his, the other one draped gently over his waist. Paxton stood ready as the room settled, preparing for the next song. [break][break]

As the first few notes began, teal eyes dart to find the band playing before looking back up at his partner. "Of we go then." he whispered.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#098582;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
in the low lamp light i was free / heaven and hell were words to me
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 2:02:01 GMT
thomas nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]Thomas’ chuckle rumbled through his chest. “Never you mind that,” he soothed, allowing himself to be led. “I’ve been stepped on by heavier feet than yours.”

He hadn’t suffered through countless years of high society Galarian education to not know how to waltz well enough to account for a rusty partner.

He allows himself the finer points of the motions: the pausing of the fingertips against the stranger’s hand, the gentle brush of his palm against the outer curve of a hip. Nothing untoward inasfar as a waltz would go.

“I shall keep my eyes peeled,” he promised, quiet, before the music picked up, “for periwinkle hair and fickle airs.”

Though he found his Ser Stranger's eyes to be far more inviting than any pompous painter.

He just hoped his leg would hold steady. Molly held his cane and watched concernedly from the sidelines.
[attr="class","thadtag"]
[attr="class","thadpoke"]
[newclass=.thad] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.thadmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.thadtag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.thad b] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad i] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.thad a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thadpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,501 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 9:16:59 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He tilted his head, eyeing the stranger. "You think I'm light?" there's a slight lilt to his words. He's teasing. Just a little. Paxton blinks, leading the man in practiced steps. A beat or two more, just long enough for him to fall into the motions of it, and he smiles. "Why not, for this first one, you just focus on me?" he asked, giving a quick wink. [break][break]

As if on cue, slows down, just like all the rest, and dips his partner. "We can put the chase on pause for a few minutes." he added as he pulled them back up and continued their steps. After all, one dance for yourself is the bare minimum reward for going through the effort of attending such a fancy gala. "How'd you learn how to dance?" he asked, not giving them an opportunity to protest. [break][break]

Arber hovered near Molly, glancing from her to their trainers and tilting her head curious.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 15:54:32 GMT
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]The handsome stranger inclines his head, says the word ‘light’ as though it’s humorous, a joke. Thomas chuckles, a nigh-imperceptible flex of his fingers, press of his palm, a sign of acknowledgement for the strength of the man in his arms. “A matter of context,” he explains, “if you were to step on me, who is to care? Except myself, of course, and I don’t mind all that much.”

It isn’t a Galarian social scene with a thousand watching eyes-- or even a Kalosian soiree. It’s just a dance.

He goes into the dip with bated breath, can feel the extension of his spine, the metal in his body pressing against the fabric of his suit. But his body, by some miracle, holds.

“The indication of a first means there are more, intended to follow,” he says, once he’s upright, falling into the known patterns, the well-traced steps.

“I had a rigorous coming out season in Galar. It was expected of me to learn a passable waltz almost before I could speak in complete sentences.”

Despite his promises to help look for the mystery artist of his dance partner’s dreams, he finds himself unwilling to turn his gaze away.

“And yourself?”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
[newclass=.thad] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.thadmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.thadtag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.thad b] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad i] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.thad a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thadpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,501 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 7:53:09 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

They spin slowly, Paxton's eyes dart away once to track those aorund him to keep from leading his partner into other couples before staying firmly on his partner. He seemed to adjust their trajectory but other than that keeps to the same movements. "I'd care." he stated, pouting for a moment before a small smile returned. "You're too gracious a partner." he added. "I tell people." [break][break]

He watches close before murmuring to the stranger, "Should I not do that again?" he asked referring to the dip. He can do something else. "Once you start dancing, you don't really stop." he noted. "More to come with me, with others. A person becomes 10 times more desirable on the dancefloor." he explained. [break][break]

"Oh? A Galarian noble? I hope my technique is somewhat up to snuff." he said with a small laugh. His eyes darken a little, as they always do when he talks about his history. "As an a military officer, there are times I am- was expected to participate in formal dinners, galas...you know. Upholding tradition, uplifting morale. A rare occurrence but possible all the same sometimes..." he began, before carefully moving both hands to his dance partner's hips. One, two, lift- It's a wide spin and Paxton sets them down gently. "So...aside from some basic manners, one country boy learned how to dance fancy." his hands go back to position.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 16:43:30 GMT
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"] There’s a slight flush to his cheeks that, if he could, he would drag out back and put permanently in the ground. It is a coupled effect of exertion and the sentimentality of the moment. I’d care.

Lord, I need to get out more.

“I can handle it,” he assures his dance partner, and the flush will not fade from his face. How long as it been since he’s interacted with someone considerate of his own physical shortcomings? “I am not made of glass. Simply… out of practice.”

They loop as the stranger speaks. Thomas hums a thoughtful note, ducking his chin.

“If it’s desirability you’re after, then I feel I have a responsibility to show you off, as disinclined as I might be to share.” He goes into the lift with a soft inhale, comes out of it on a chuckle. His waist is so small in his stranger’s hands.

“More than up to snuff. You could dance half the Kalosian elite under the table. I feel like a veritable princess.”

It was either a testament to his loneliness or to the stranger’s mannerisms that the simple act of a spin on the dance floor could make Thomas feel more tended to than he had in almost a decade.

[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,501 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 20:08:03 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Good." he said, touch light as they twirled about. "Waltzing can get pretty boring. It's good to mix it up some times." he said, grinning as they continued to the orchestra behind them. "Enjoying yourself then?" he asked, more than happy to be the reason for it. Everyone deserved a little fun at parties like this. "If you can't bring yourself to share your dance partner, I mean." he was pleased at the compliment. More Thomas' interest than the insinuation others would be. After all, he didn't really care much if people liked or admired him. Just specific ones. [break][break]

"Your Kalosian elite must be pretty boring then." he countered with a snort. Though, its obvious he thinks naught for the response other than a bit of pride by the way their steps complicate just a little. "I forgot dancing's only fun when you have a good partner." he said after a moment. Even strangers amongst strangers, he's more than content to spin lazily with the man before him, having a grand conversation about little things. [break][break]

"What's a Galarian noble doing all the way out in Hoenn? Curious after our dome came down?" he continued.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 14:57:05 GMT
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]Thomas smiled, a real and genuine thing. “Don’t I know it,” he said, a depth to his voice that suggested the weight of worlds. “Waltz, drink, gossip. That’s all Galarian custom is, in the end. It becomes ever so dull.”

The decor was right and the music was correct, to remind him of his brevity of youth… but the company was far better.

“I am,” he said, and it was a surprise, even to himself. “I hadn’t expected to find good company, and had resigned myself to sitting in a shadowy corner and languishing while all the able-bodied flirted and flitted. You are the first thing that has fascinated me in quite some time, ser.”

How horrible the truth. A life of killing and taking money for killing. It becomes so tiresome, in the end. Something that should never be mundane (he had worked so hard for it to not become so) ending up commonplace, boring. Not even the best of intentions can stand up to the passage of time.

The topic of conversation rotated back to him.

“I am on sabbatical from my teaching position at Hammerlocke,” he said, and the lie-truth flew so easily as to be believed. It wasn’t a lie. It wasn’t the only truth. “I sought warmth for my old bones. Hoenn has such a rich history. I was here when the dome went up.” They drift, lazy, comfortable, motes of light on a wind of song. “Then--,” his voice became dramatic as he leaned in, “--Kyurem. This odd, impossible winter. Too curious to abandon. Thus, I have stayed. I am far past my prime years as a Galarian noble, anyhow. Unwed secondary children have so little to offer, in the eyes of tradition.”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,501 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 0:14:27 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Paxton can hardly imagine what it's like to grow up rich, in a weird noble society steeped in tradition and old customs. He's from the suburbs. He's used to running around barefoot in the trees, sleeping on lake shows, building secret bases. Far from a graceful thing. All that sort of mannerism had been beaten into his bones by his brief career in the military. "Was the food as good as I heard it was?" he asked, the slight grin a tell that he's teasing. [break][break]

"The most fascinating thing about me is the mask." Paxton said, humbly rebuffing Thomas. Though his expression is relaxed. He debated giving up his name, but the dance isn't over and that would defeat the whole purpose of this little charade. So he holds his tongue, and lets them speak as he leads them through the large ballroom. [break][break]

He watched closely, allowing his dance partner all the space in the world for dramatics. "Ah, well it makes sense for a professor from Hammerlocke to want to stick aorund after Kyurem of all things appears." he said. "Well, that's good then. I don't have to worry I'm keeping you from your partner." he said. "I don't think I could handle a duel for honor...god's forbid." he said, feigning worry and fear. As if he hadn't done more than his fair share of fighting. Then again...sword...fencing? He couldn't do that. And that sounded like the sort of thing Galarians got up to. [break][break]

"Well. Anyway." he cleared his throat. "I'm glad you chose to stay. You've been," dramatic pause. A smirk. "Fascinating...I hadn't really planned to dance tonight either." He hadn't planned much of anything. He's shown up, practically in a daze.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 17:51:11 GMT
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]He hadn’t inherently grown up rich, in the same way that he had. His wealth wasn’t his own: it was a layer of skin, a crafted disguise, a shape to which they moulded him.

“Not hardly. The dramas do it justice. It is incredibly dull.”

He laughs, politely.

“Isn’t that what everybody wants you to think,” he says.

The idea of a duel for his honor has his head falling back and bolder laughter escaping him.

“I’d not ask that of you. My honor isn’t worth much, I’m afraid. I’m practically a spinster.”

Behind his mask, his eyes glittered.

Fascinating. Well, I suppose, that is higher praise than I had hoped for.”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,501 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 18:26:56 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

The loud laughter reverberates through the music. But if other's stare, Paxton only grinned. "A spinster for one society might be an eligible bachelor in another." He said back. It's wild to think even in old society, they'd still classify his friend as that. He didn't seem much older than him. [break][break]

"You're more intriguing than you know." Paxton asserted as they came to a slow with the last notes of the orchestra plucked and sent off through the air. "Stay in touch?" He whispered, playful and conspiratorial. He offered his arm for his dance partner to lean on as he led them back off the dance floor. [break][break]

Pulling further along until he can find a corner for them that's a little less crowded, less noisy. He pulls over a chair but doesn't force them to sit. "Forgive me if I break protocol, but I think I've played along for long enough." He said hands leaving his partner and moving up to pull his mask up and rest it on his head. "Nice to meet you. I'm Paxton."

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 14:56:16 GMT
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]His Ser Knight in shining dress clothes doesn’t seem perturbed by his sudden show of emotion-- something that in his native Galarian circle would most certainly get him ostracised.

“Perhaps. But each society believes itself of the utmost importance. All other societies are paltry in comparison.”

The music begins to wind down and Thomas finds himself wishing it would not. He takes his partner’s arm and follows him to a secluded corner of the venue, the thrill of breaking protocol filling him with conspiratorial electricity.

“A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Paxton,” he says, using two fingers to slide up his own mask. “My name is Thomas. You really are a wonderful dancer.”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,501 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 22:43:55 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He tilts his head, holding his partner's gaze with his own as he finally gets to see what's underneath. Paxton studied him, form his cheek bones to his nose, to his eyes. Remembering, memorizing. He's tucking it away in a rolodex for contacts as they speak. "Thomas." he tests the name out, attaching it to a memory of him for further reference later. [break][break]

"I had a wonderfully interesting partner to perform for." he said, a nod punctuating his words. "Oh-!" he breaks eye contact to reach in his jacket pocket. A few business cards clipped together by a pale yellow hairclip is retrieve. He pulls one out before palming it over to him. [break][break]

"Let's get coffee, really. I want to hear more about your position in Hammerlocke, Professor." Paxton said. "I'll make time." he added, assuring his companion he was trying to be sincere before they parted ways.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 0:55:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: