sadsoda

goggles
he/him
twenty six
bartender
grunt
84 height
84 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
142 posts
Goro Shimizu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sadsoda
Goro Shimizu
too shallow [m]
POSTED ON May 5, 2019 1:18:39 GMT
Goro Shimizu Avatar
[attr="id","toot"]
words[attr="id","toot"]
[attr="id","toot"]
notes[attr="id","toot2"]
write your notes here[attr="id","pls"]

It was his time to shine. Or, at the very least, get his face recognized. Well, not even his face per se. Some contacts, Arceus he couldn't see jack shit with these in, gave his eyes an unnatural blue and some quick bleach and silver hair coloring and BOOM: his alternate persona from Kalos was complete. Monsieur Buck Esterandé, here to get the role. So what if his brows were still the dark brown of his original hair color, and the silver wasn't sticking quite as well as he wanted; he was no cosmetologist.

At least he wasn't alone in the waiting room. It was pack full of losers who would surely fall back to the earth like a shitty comet. Or meteorite. Goro was never too sure which was which. At least he wasn't completely alone in the crowded clusterfuck: his pokemon all remained with him. Freddie and SV were sneaky and could keep themselves hidden from most people and pokemon, while BW was, well, a ghost. Goro just hoped she wasn't up to anything too mischevious.

She totally was. The Haunter, named Betty White for whatever reason, was sneaking up on and Goro just barely caught her getting ready to do who knows what as he pulled forth a pokeball and recalled her with a beam of red light, glaring at her with the icy blue eyes of his contacts. He approached, offering an apology, "Errr, sorry about that." His Kalosian accent was... decent, hopefully decent enough to get him this damned job. Rocket didn't pay the BEST.

[newclass="#toot"];transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#toot a"]font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;line-height;inherit;color:#743060 !important;transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#toot:hover"]background:#743060;color:#fff !important;[/newclass][newclass="#toot:hover a"]color:#fff !important;[/newclass]
[newclass="#toot2"];transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass]
[newclass="#toot2:hover"]background:#743060;color:#fff !important;[/newclass]
[newclass="#pls"]text-transform:none; background:#333333; !important;color:#333333; !important;transition:all 0.3s ease-in;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass="#toot2:hover #pls"]color:#c3c3c3 !important;min-height:100px;text-align:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
I may love me some vanilla but I'm not that sugar sweet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
too shallow [m]
POSTED ON May 5, 2019 2:54:10 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

acting, performing, the entire showbiz had never been in vera's skillset. as a kid, she'd entertained the idea; during her teenage years, she imagined what the news would have to say about the power couple made up by a novelist—her girlfriend—and an actress.

[break][break]

it had never been a serious aspiration of hers. even today, the ginger is only in this waiting room to accompany a friend, who had been so nervous about the auditions that she somehow managed to convince vera to take them with her.

[break][break]

as she waits for said friend to come back from the restroom, vera thinks that she really should think things through before accepting to carry out these favors.

[break][break]

that's how the haunter finds vera: alone, worried, turning her face towards the door every few seconds. the feeling of being watched doesn't go unnoticed, even if vera can't tell why and by whom until the ghost's owner approaches.

[break][break]

"please," she says, reaching a hand out to stop the man from forcing his pokémon back into its pokéball. she's too late, and the hand hangs in the air awkwardly for a moment until a short spring of bubbly laughter breaks out, laughing the entire matter off. "don't worry about it."

[break][break]

vera smiles, the foreign accent piquing her interest. they still got time, as another girl was just called; a little chitchat wouldn't hurt. "where are you from?"

[attr="class","hashtext"]
[attr="id","hashtag"][newclass="#hashtag"]color:[var="string"] !important;font-family:'slabo 27px' !important;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a"]background:#FFF !important;font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:inherit;padding:0 2px;transition:all 0.4s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a:hover"]color:[var="black"] !important;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext p::first-letter"]display:block;float:left;;background:[var="heart"];border:1px white solid;outline:3px [var="heart"] solid;padding:2.5px 6px;font-family:'slabo 27px';font-size:14px;text-transform:uppercase;color:white;margin:7px 10px 5px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext b"]font-weight:normal;color:[var="string"];[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext a"]font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:[var="string"]; } .hashtext h2, .hashtext h3 { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; display: inline; } .hashtext h3 { color: [var="heart"];[/newclass][var name="heart" value="#2BD5A0"][var name="string" value="#FF326C"][var name="black" value="#000"][googlefont="Slabo 27px|Muli|Hammersmith+One"]

a star is born
close tab

played by

sadsoda

goggles
he/him
twenty six
bartender
grunt
84 height
84 height
awards
142 posts
Goro Shimizu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sadsoda
Goro Shimizu
too shallow [m]
POSTED ON May 5, 2019 3:26:43 GMT
Goro Shimizu Avatar
[attr="id","toot"]
words[attr="id","toot"]
[attr="id","toot"]
notes[attr="id","toot2"]

Well, that was a tad awkward, so Goro joined her in laughing, his own a chuckle with a bit more vibrato and bass than usual. Bucky was gonna have a DEEP masculine tone he decided right then and there. He glanced down at the translucent pokeball where the Haunter looked admittedly pissed and thought it best to keep her hidden. Who knows what havoc she could cause if freed. "She eez a bit of a trouble maker, zat one." Goro offered with his Kalosian accent in full force.

He ran a hand through his colored hair, thankfully no silver clung to his hand and offered it to her. "From Kalos, originally, mademoiselle. Yourself?" He was getting better at the accent, he thought, and his voice was a deep warm tone. He really hoped he could keep the Kalos thing going. It was a true test of his acting abilities, and besides, if he could survive to be an acrobat in the circus what was a simple audition?

[newclass="#toot"];transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#toot a"]font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;line-height;inherit;color:#743060 !important;transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#toot:hover"]background:#743060;color:#fff !important;[/newclass][newclass="#toot:hover a"]color:#fff !important;[/newclass]
[newclass="#pls"]text-transform:none; background:#333333; !important;color:#333333; !important;transition:all 0.3s ease-in;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass="#toot2:hover #pls"]color:#c3c3c3 !important;min-height:100px;text-align:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
too shallow [m]
POSTED ON May 5, 2019 22:50:59 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

kalosian is an accent vera had never been in direct contact with, despite having spent years in the neighboring galar, so it would be easy for bucky to fool her. perhaps it was fate that dictated that all the kalosian students she'd met in her alma mater could show off english diction parallel to a native's, simply so that he could pull off this stunt.

[break][break]

or perhaps the university only accepted applicants with perfect english. regardless, the time taken to question the veracity of the man's claim would come close to zero.

[break][break]

vera lets out an impressed "ooh," as she takes the hand offered to her. "i'm just a plain old native," she admits, arms shrugging it off as if nothing. boring. "kalos is pretty far, what made you come all the way here? was it for an acting career? just for this audition, maybe?"

[break][break]

now, vera's friend hadn't told her all the details about the studio that had called for this audition. they could be auditioning for big names or an indie movie and vera would be none the wiser, which is why she sees nothing wrong in her question.

[attr="id","hashtag"][newclass="#hashtag"]color:[var="string"] !important;font-family:'slabo 27px' !important;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a"]background:#FFF !important;font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:inherit;padding:0 2px;transition:all 0.4s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a:hover"]color:[var="black"] !important;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext p::first-letter"]display:block;float:left;;background:[var="heart"];border:1px white solid;outline:3px [var="heart"] solid;padding:2.5px 6px;font-family:'slabo 27px';font-size:14px;text-transform:uppercase;color:white;margin:7px 10px 5px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext b"]font-weight:normal;color:[var="string"];[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext a"]font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:[var="string"]; } .hashtext h2, .hashtext h3 { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; display: inline; } .hashtext h3 { color: [var="heart"];[/newclass][var name="heart" value="#2BD5A0"][var name="string" value="#FF326C"][var name="black" value="#000"][googlefont="Slabo 27px|Muli|Hammersmith+One"]

a star is born
close tab

played by

sadsoda

goggles
he/him
twenty six
bartender
grunt
84 height
84 height
awards
142 posts
Goro Shimizu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sadsoda
Goro Shimizu
too shallow [m]
POSTED ON May 6, 2019 5:13:25 GMT
Goro Shimizu Avatar
[attr="id","toot"]
words[attr="id","toot"]
[attr="id","toot"]
notes[attr="id","toot2"]

Why would a devishly handsome man from Kalos come all the way to Hoenn, Goro thought. "For the, ah, experience of traveling." He answered both the girl's and his own question. Not a particularly good answer but it was one nonetheless. "And, of course, to deal with these dastardly - ah - who is it again? Team Missle? Team Torpedo?" Goro added with his false Kalosian accent, scratching at his dark scruff. "Non, Team Rocket! Those bastards." He cried dramatically and closed his eyes.

Before opening one and offering the girl a twisted grin. "You like, eh? I really think this will help land me the part. My, er, agent, yes talent agent, always said I've had a flare for dramatics." Goro said, chuckling at his own joke. Flare. Like Team Flare. Wooh he was on fire today. Puns aside, he was wondering when they'd get to him and be done with all these pebbles. They had the prime choice steak with him around. Wow, Goro just loved himself enough to think about it in third person.

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
too shallow [m]
POSTED ON May 12, 2019 10:38:36 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

team torpedo is such a funny name that vera ends up giggling despite herself. team rocket is no laughing matter, the threat of another invasion always looming behind their backs. always there, like a shadow. like a backstabbing shadow. this new thought leaves an uncomfortable tingling sensation on her skin.

[break][break]

another girl returns with her face white as a sheet and a name on her lips. it's vera's friend, which meant vera herself would probably be up next. most importantly, it meant her friend would be missing her audition if she didn't go get her soon!

[break][break]

"oh dear, i gotta get going. i'm sure you'll do great regardless, but good luck at the audition!"

[break][break]

the pair wouldn't see each other until after the cut-offs were announced. a total of eight young men and women—all college kids in the movie's narrative—lined up for a pre-graduation weekend trip to the beach. when she sees the silver-haired man again, vera offers a smile and a wave.

[break][break]

the real reunion happens when they're separated from the group for a specific scene starring them: the main character's ex-boyfriend and best friend respectively. it's the wee hours of the night, morning now, after a party in which the protagonist had gotten so drunk they had to join efforts to bring her back to the beach house.

[break][break]

"eventful weekend, eh?" vera says to buck's character. her eyes are fixed on the horizon, on the sun slowly poking out. she takes in a deep breath, preparing for the conversation to come. "did she say anything while she was...?"

a star is born
close tab

played by

sadsoda

goggles
he/him
twenty six
bartender
grunt
84 height
84 height
awards
142 posts
Goro Shimizu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sadsoda
Goro Shimizu
too shallow [m]
POSTED ON May 14, 2019 4:21:11 GMT
Goro Shimizu Avatar
[attr="id","toot"]
words[attr="id","toot"]
[attr="id","toot"]
notes[attr="id","toot2"]

Goro grinned at Vera's giggle and offered her a quick "Break a leg!" when she went off to audition. He didn't really know what to expect, but hey, she kept his attention so maybe the people in charge of casting or whatever will see what he saw. At least he hoped so because then he would know someone when he got the role. Ah, yes, that fake self-confidence left a bittersweet taste in his mouth like a tart berry.

Soon enough, Goro was called in by the same pale-faced girl. He followed her to the back, read off the determined line or two, and waited a few minutes while those who made the decisions, well, made some decisions. Lo and behold, he got the gig! Goro dipped his head in gratitude and went out to wait for them, as he had been one of the last to secure a spot for callbacks. He saw Vera when all eight of them were summoned and returned the quick wave she gave him.

It wasn't long until they got their roles. He was the hunky ex-boyfriend with not a trace of a Kalosian accent (they ate that up, just utterly enthralled by his ability to switch accents. if only they knew the truth!) and her the supportive BFF. With the script memorized, Goro followed along:

EX-BOYFRIEND looks to BEST FRIEND, lips pursed, at the question: "Drunk? Or do you mean hurling chunks? Because the answer is no, she didn't say much."

EX-BOYFRIEND, pain and hurt in eyes as they flick to the waves crashing on the shore: "She thought I was her current boyfriend. She kept trying to.."

EX-BOYFRIEND, gulps: ".. Kiss. Or dance. Or whatever. I knew she wasn't herself then."

EX-BOYFRIEND sighs, and looks to BEST FRIEND: "Why'd you let her get like that?"

Wow, he was so talented.

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
too shallow [m]
POSTED ON May 18, 2019 23:17:00 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

speechless. the persona she's tried so hard to get into blurs in that moment with the real vera. she watches with authentic awe that she hopes will come off as the character being taken aback. looking down, she takes an unscripted moment to recover from the surprise of such a good performance.

[break][break]

vera's hand runs through her hair, uncharacteristically down just for the role. "you say that as if i could have done anything to prevent it. you know better than anyone how stubborn she can be." her voice is shaky, not as a result of good acting skills but because it's hard for her to say these words. once upon a time, the one getting drunk beyond recognition was vera herself.

[break][break]

she turns to buck now, looks for the blue in his eyes to show that what she was about to say was true. "grace isn't happy." a pause, dramatic in its own right. "james is a good guy and i'm sure he loves her as much as she claims to love him back, but..." vera's breath catches in her throat. she's forgotten the next lines!

[break][break]

a light tremble but she's back on her feet. vera just hopes buck won't mind her improvising now. "i haven't seen her smile the way she used to when she was with you."

[break][break]

vera doesn't know if her "best friend" really thought he was her current boyfriend or if she never got over the last. the script doesn't specify at any point, and that allows some room for interpretation, allows vera to unconsciously weave the discourse she believes in into the narration.

a star is born
close tab

played by

sadsoda

goggles
he/him
twenty six
bartender
grunt
84 height
84 height
awards
142 posts
Goro Shimizu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sadsoda
Goro Shimizu
too shallow [m]
POSTED ON May 28, 2019 0:46:34 GMT
Goro Shimizu Avatar
[attr="id","toot"]
words[attr="id","toot"]
[attr="id","toot"]
notes[attr="id","toot2"]

Goro was in character in disguise as a criminal auditioning for a gig. He really didn't take the whole subtle and technically a fugitive thing seriously and would rather let his talent shine... Even if he could, theoretically, get in big trouble.

Soon enough, Goro was called in by the same pale-faced girl. He followed her to the back, read off the determined line or two, and waited a few minutes while those who made the decisions, well, made some

EX-BOYFRIEND is alarmed by what BEST FRIEND says. His curiosity is peaked and he is less stern: "What do you mean you? Why hasn't she been happy?"

EX-BOYFRIEND appears to lose the stone cold features from before as worry crosses his face.

EX-BOYFRIEND: "What's been going on?"

Back in character and back to work!