twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
succession
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 11:56:21 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alexanderbase"]
[attr="class","alexander1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","alexanderimg"]

[attr="class","alexander2"]

it feels surreal to be stepping back into the same building he had once devoted his life to. it feels surreal to even be breathing, to be tangible and alive after spending years drifting in the afterlife toward nothing and everything.[break][break]

he stops outside the door to what was once his office. now, another name is engraved on the door, and unsurprisingly, it's one he is not familiar with.[break][break]

knock, knock.[break][break]

it opens, and in he steps.[break][break]

"councilwoman livy."[break][break]

[attr="class","alexander3"]
[attr="class","alexanderpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
succession
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 3:00:20 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It's not every day you're asked to meet with a dead man walking. Especially one that previously held the seat of Hoenn's champion.
[break][break]

When news first hit of 's return to the living, Penelope wasted no time clearing off her entire schedule, even when it meant delaying meetings with partners known for being nearly unreachable. Partly for the obligation that came with her title - as councilwoman, she was sure he had reached out to reaffirm himself in Hoenn's politics. That's what she would've been doing, anyways.
[break][break]

But, there was also another part of her that hungered to meet the man for more personal reasons. Out of everyone she'd met, there were only a few that toed the line between life and death, and even fewer who remained along that border for more than a minute. What was it like back there for him? And what did it feel like being forced back to reality?
[break][break]

"."
[break][break]

She stood up to greet him with a smile. With long strides, she moved around her desk and walked over to offer a firm handshake.
[break][break]

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Truly."
[break][break]

Taking a step backward, she gestured toward the small set of couches near the front of her office. There, a long couch stood, alongside a coffee table and two armchairs.
[break][break]

"Please."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
succession
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 4:59:00 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"the pleasure is all mine."[break][break]

in his brief time spent back in the land of the living, he has begun to familiarize himself with everything he has missed since his unfortunate departure. had been one of the names that stood out if only due to what he would call her meteoric rise to the council.[break][break]

that, and how much she has already sacrificed so far.[break][break]

"i have to say your ascension has been inspiring to read. it is without a doubt deserved."[break][break]

he offers a smile as he sits.[break][break]

"what made you decide to run for council?"[break][break]

[newclass=.alexanderbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexanderimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexander3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
succession
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 5:14:18 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Fuck, that felt good to hear.
[break][break]

Penelope hid the burst of warmth the compliment brought onto her behind the placid mask of a councilwoman. In all her time spent within the oval offices of The League, there were few interactions that didn't test her resolve. It was such a daily occurrence, that when brought against anything that strayed from that sense of normalcy, it always took a second of reprieve to maintain the image she proudly wore.
[break][break]

"Honestly? I grew impatient. For so long, I spent my career trying to use the power of information to induce change. To give the people what they needed to ask for more, from both themselves and The league."
[break][break]

She leaned forward, arms propped up onto the armrest of the armchair she'd settled onto. Its wooden frame proved the perfect branch to perch her wings as she continued, smiling along the way.
[break][break]

"But, after so long of doing that -- without much results -- I realized I didn't want to just watch from the sidelines anymore. Hell, I couldn't." A decision she still hasn't found herself regretting. For more than a day, at least. "Since then, it's been an enlightening few months, to say the least."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
succession
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 7:33:29 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

when she speaks, he actively listens, not interrupting even when opportunities present themselves.[break][break]

"i found myself in a similar situation as you once. i believed knowledge is power, and the way to influence change is through educating the masses. to be the voice of reason. someone they could trust."[break][break]

a similarly placid mask is donned, though his has been weathered.[break][break]

"though i still believe as much, it was incredibly difficult to influence region-wide change. stepping into the council helped but even then, i was met with challenges."[break][break]

and now here they are, sat in his old office.[break][break]

"i imagine you must be going through the same?"[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
succession
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 14:26:59 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"More than I can say," she nodded.
[break][break]
It felt relieving to share these burdens with another. And, even though common logic snapped at her to remain cautious, aware of any possible threads of fabrication, a big part of her wanted to believe him. To view his words are geniuine and true and nothing less than.
[break][break]
"But that's to be expected. What change comes without it's own set of challenges."
[break][break]
Especially on a region-wide scale. But that's what made her position all the more thrilling to be apart of.
[break][break]
Carefully, Penelope readjusted, pulling her leg onto the couch as she completely twisted her posture to face him. One leg still stuck onto the ground, the other bent onto the cushion, she leaned forward, expression immediately softened by the sincerity she was about to display.
[break][break]
"How about you? How are you feeling?"
[break][break]
Maybe it was too personal of a conversation to discuss, but given the circumstances, it felt wrong to ignore.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
succession
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 18:10:53 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

he imagines he will be asked that question time and time again so he had made a mental note to answer each one differently. for councilwoman livy, he answers one through the placid mask he has grown familiar with during his time in the council.[break][break]

"alive and well, which i can only be grateful for."[break][break]

he leans forward slightly, voice lowering as though discussing sensitive topics. for her, it very well might be.[break][break]

"but you experienced the same, did you not? on your first expedition."[break][break]

a small smile is offered, sympathy showing in the way he looks at her.[break][break]

"apologies. it was in one of the reports i read."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
succession
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 18:57:17 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

There was no denying this man's roots. He was a politician, through and through. No amount of death or resurrections could ever extract that piece from him. It made her wonder if people viewed her the same way. Could she ever separate herself from the councilwoman she'd become? How about the journalist that still lurked inside, hungry for the promises still left unresolved?
[break][break]
"It's okay. I half expected you to have read about it."
[break][break]
If the roles were reversed, she certainly would've done her homework as well. She still did, in a way. Her information was just a bit more dated than his was.
[break][break]
"I can't speak of your experiences, but for me, it's been...a lot readjusting after something like that. It put a lot into perspective -- for better or for worse."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
succession
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 9:16:40 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"hopefully, for the better."[break][break]

his sympathy remains as he continues.[break][break]

"you're right. perspectives shift and now some of the things we used to care so much about become trivial. nuisances and frustrations become mere inconveniences. anger and grudges fade into notches in our history. suddenly, we are met with new perspectives that seemed unrealistic and out of reach."[break][break]

and then a chuckle.[break][break]

"but what do i know? i've only been alive for a few days. my perspectives will likely shift again."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
succession
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 16:28:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

In that moment, sat along the plush cloth couches of her office, Penelope Livy felt more seen, more understood, than she had been since her dance with death.
[Break][brea
This wasn't a man she could call a friend, or even an acquaintance. But part of her wanted to.
[Break][break]
So long has it been since speaking to someone who not only understood the burdens of her position, but also made it a point to sympathize. To understand without immediately weaponizing her internal struggle against her.
[Break][break]
Sitting here, just talking about it all, had become a comfort Penelope hadn't realized she'd been missing.
[Break][break]
"How is that, by the way? Readjusting to everything?"
[Break][break]
She offered her sympathies in the form of a smile. Brows raised, she continued, her voice lowering to a soft ofference of help.
[Break][break]
"If there's any way I could help, just let me know."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
succession
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 18:08:36 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

from what he can tell so far, the councilwoman has been honest with him, or at the very least open about her experiences. the least he could do is to reflect the same.[break][break]

"it has not been easy."[break][break]

he admits, then continues after a composed breath.[break][break]

"it's a give and take, i suppose. the world moved on and now it has to adapt and acclimate to me the same way i have to with it."[break][break]

her sympathies are appreciated.[break][break]

"i have to find my place in the world again. where or what that is exactly, i'm not sure."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
succession
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 7:01:51 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Ah, that made sense.
[break][break]

She gave a thoughtful nod, listening attentively as if he was breathing gold. Arm perched on the back of her chair, she readjusted again. Sitting in one spot for too long was making her legs ache.
[break][break]

"Well, I wish you the best in your endeavors. I'm sure it won't be easy, but rest assured, you'll always have the support of The League by your side."
[break][break]

She paused. After everything this man contributed, she wished they could offer more—something of substance to aid against the fierce path he'd been ushered back onto.
[break][break]

"It's the least we can do."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
succession
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 15:41:33 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

she speaks the same way he would. statements made on behalf of the league but never from his own person. he chuckles at the realization.[break][break]

"that is very kind of the league."[break][break]

sounding more amused than condescending (not in the slightest), he is quick to continue, now leaning forward before gesturing toward her.[break][break]

"but what of your support, councilwoman? is there anything i can do to earn it?"[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
succession
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 16:02:59 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She chuckled.
[break][break]

"Only time will tell."
[break][break]

As much as she would like to support him, when it came to leveraging her position, there were rules in place. Restrictions crafted for these very situations. One bad apple was all it would take to tank her creditability.
[break][break]

Penelope leaned forward, mirroring his body language ever-so-slightly. She gingerly pushed back a piece of her bang behind her ear before continuing.
[break][break]
"...Unless, you already have something in mind?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
succession
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 17:10:51 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"i understand councilman black is stepping down from his seat."[break][break]

the way she mirrors his body language is not lost on him as subtle as it might have been.[break][break]

"while i have no doubts a capable replacement will be found, i imagine his absence will be felt until then."[break][break]

a pause.[break][break]

"i'd like to offer the council, well, my counsel."[break][break]

[/newclass]