awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
ye cannae be serious! [s][c]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 8:00:47 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

He was still lumbering around with one arm.

Oops.

His search for a Rotom hadn’t borne any fruit yet, so he was still… hampered… by the lack of a certain appendage. Damn, was he already starting to experience phantom limb syndrome or something—

Wait, all he needed was a second set of hands to get the shit done, right?

And then he remembered what had told him—that he wasn’t the only one who was a Joy. And so here he was.

Right in front of a… carnival theme park?

Was this right, was this where his half-sister was working at now?!

Clearly… the fruit didn’t fall too far from the tree…

Where the hell was he even going to START looking for the other family member he had in this Arceus-forsaken region?!

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
732 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2023 20:34:14 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

The Early morning rush was past them. The ques had long since grown bearable for those waiting.

And yet, Johanna still wanted none to go bored even as they waited to get in. And so, she had joined the entertainment troupe and their daily struggle with keeping the people in line entertained.

While her acrobatics still needed polishing, she could do the second best thing, grant the children a companion upon their journey.

Clad in her red and white bedazzling Jester Queen’s costume, she danced around offering Pokémon shaped balloons to children and young looking alike.

So caught up in her little jovial dance were she that she didn’t recognize the little blonde ‘kid’ she stood before offering a Driftloon-shaped balloon. “Well Hello there!” Her smile beamed bright. “Care for a balloon? Don’t worry, it won’t fly away with you, I promise.” She joked.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 18:52:47 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

He turned around and felt his eyebrow twitch.

“Lady—” he began, looking up at the bunch of balloons before breathing out a sigh, “…do I look like a kid to you?”

…then again, for a nineteen year old he was so fucking short so it was really easy to make the mistaken assumption for that… yeah. What a mess. He sighed, before smacking his remaining arm against his forehead.

“I don’t think I can fly away. I mean, I’ve got a gimp leg and that shit’s heavy so…” he trailed off, wringing his free hand around before he realized what he came here for.

“Well… maybe you can help me with something, if you’re not too busy? I’m looking for someone.”

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
732 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 18:24:48 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

Johanna realized her mistake the moment the first word left the man's mouth. She tensed up. Something about him seemed familiar. As if it was a face she hadn’t seen in ages. Alas it did not seem like he recognized her.

Luckily it seemed he went along with her joke after all. And so she eased the sudden tension a bit. “You make a good point..” She acknowledged.

“But yeah, who are you looking for?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2023 22:07:34 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

Okay, now how was he going to discuss the next part of—well, of everything without seeming like a freak? This was… definitely going to require some finesse.

(Which hilariously and ironically, he did not have at all. No, absolutely none at all.)

He then took a deep breath before continuing.

“So this is gonna sound really weird, but…” he trailed off, smacking his remaining arm to his forehead before realizing that he was only going to be 50% gesticulating—damn it, he really needed his other arm back!

“I’m actually here because mentioned something about. Like…” he dropped off again, racking his brains for the next part of the conversation. Why was it so hard to fucking think straight sometimes?!

“Yeah. She mentioned something about… another Joy around these parts. You know anyone else who has that surname?”

There, he shot his shot. Whatever else would happen would be like—up to destiny, then.

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
732 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 12:46:01 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

She sent him a curious look as he began to speak, only for it all to be covered with surprise when he spoke her mother’s full name.

“Another Joy?” She repeated, half sounding like it was a question.

“Yeah I know her.” She paused, then placed a genuine polite smile. “I know her because that would be me.”

“Johanna Joy’s my name.” She introduced herself. “And Edith is my mother.” Completely forgetting where they were right now she continued. “What can I do for you?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 19:30:14 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

The moment she’d mentioned her name, his jaw fell to the ground.

“Wait. Wait, wait, hold up just one second—” he continued, backing away before realizing…

“You…?!”

He had to stagger backwards before letting out a bark of laughter, and for a few moments, it was like the world had receded.

“Ye—ye cannae be serious ‘bout that!” he wheezed, unable to fully believe what he’d just heard from her. “Yer a Joy, too?!”

How… how in the hell was that even possible?! They really didn’t look like each other.

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
732 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 10:26:19 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

She gave him an empathetic look when he seemed completely baffled by her statement. The people around them moved on, moved past them as they were holding up the queue.

He staggered backward as he proclaimed disbelief. Her smile faded mildly as a familiar annoyance made way for a brief moment. It hadn’t been the first time she had heard such words uttered.

“Yes… Yes I am.” She tried to put the pep back in her voice. “I know the hair doesn’t exactly scream JOY, but I am a Joy, born and raised by Edith Joy.”

She paused, something clicked in her mind, the words that he had spoken.

“Wait, are you a Joy as well?” Her voice almost stuttered as the question left her mouth. She figured there might’ve been a cousin or two out there. But nothing like those Andersons that seemed to spawn a new member of the family every month.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 18:46:38 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

When she’d namedropped , it was like the entire world had receded to a certain point.

Like… how in the name of everything was this… all… real???

“Okay, don’ tell me yer dad’s a wild-haired guy like mine was,” he wheezed out next, the sheer insanity of the situation still sinking in as slowly as a Wailord drifted through the oceanic waves.

“Unless you ‘ad a diff’rent ol’ man?”

Of this he was certain—nobody looked like his dad, and it was one hell of a surprise he ended up looking like a spitting image of him, too.

Although, yes—he was a Joy by blood, even if not by name as he’d been… well, ‘spirited away’ by his old man and raised with a different family altogether in Enju, back in Johto.

“And don’ tell me, ye were also in Rocket previously,” he stammered without realizing how true that was for her, too.

Because he’d been there. But he didn’t like the way of living, and so he made a run for it, and never looked back.

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
732 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 20:27:50 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
“Different ol’ Man, I believe.” She accidentally mimicked his accent somewhat.

Still, from there the Conversation took a bit of a drastic turn. Johanna took a moment to look around, nobody seemed to be paying attention to their little conversation.

She gave a small acknowledging nod in the process. “It seems we share more than blood.” Johanna replied.

“So, what made you quit?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 16:34:56 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

“Did she… you know, ‘ma, like… ever tell you about that one time she ran off one summer and absolutely refused to talk about it? Well…”

He’d managed to put the pieces together through one hell of a lot of context clues so there was that.

“I was that one summer. Though… shit happened and my ol’ man raised me back in Enju, not here in Hoenn. I think it was like, some family-regulated thing.”

He crossed his arm(s) over his chest and let out a huff. The carnival was way too noisy for people to be actively listening in, so there was that.

“I didn’t like the way they ran things. Plus nobody would miss a kid like me, so what else was there? I ran and never looked back.”

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
732 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 16:38:47 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Johanna listened, a small shaking of the head would be her only response before Arashi revealed to her the truth of that one summer.

“Same reason as me then, but I suppose I decided to give them the middle finger rather than go quietly.” Admittedly no matter how noisy it might be here, she always felt the lingering fear that someone might be listening for use against her.

In hindsight maybe not the wisest choice, but it was a choice she had to live with. And honestly she figured that kind of deception would’ve inadvertently played right into their hands, down the line.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,834 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 6:19:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: