TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
will our eyes meet or stray
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 13:23:10 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
whether they were familiar with him as a gym leader, derek decided it best to meet with petalburg's captain in person. if not to be properly acquainted with his chain of command, than to determine whether they were of the same mind.
[break]
[break]
whether he might have to consider a transfer.
[break]
[break]
a rough hand clutches the door by it's knob, forcing it open. he wears a ranger uniform that looks worn. slightly tattered, even, from his time with the rangers before another stint as petalburg's gym leader. the badge to identify his rank is missing, of course. his re-application to the rangers was sudden, and he wasted no time asserting himself back into the life.
[break]
[break]
the paperwork could always wait. they knew who he was. what derek was about.
[break]
[break]
"afternoon, captain." derek offers a small greeting as he takes a chair and sits how he pleases, rear of the chair facing his company. they probably weren't going to be chatting for long. "i'll cut to the chase. are you familiar with the events involving the alleged registeel some year or so ago? there were many other incidents at the time, so it might've slipped through the cracks."
[break]
[break]
but he would hope not.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-beldum color-shiny"]

[newclass=".derek1"]--accent:#80828B; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/15/dd/SXHfA7UF_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote b, .derek1 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .derek1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .derek1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! CODED BY MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REFERENCED AND FONT STYLE <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
botanist / petalburg capt.
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 6:04:25 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[attr="class","wren"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Not exactly being on top of the fine tunings of the gym circuit, Wren was only somewhat familiar with the name Derek Hoffman. He knew enough to put the name and face to the title, coupled with the fact that they shared Petalburg as home base.[break][break]

And also there was now his reinstatement with the rangers to take into account as well.[break][break]

Wren, admittedly, felt a bit over his head stepping into the role of captain, though he handled those stressors to the best of his ability. Switching from the one receiving jobs to the one overseeing them has been an adjustment and the learning curve more than a little steep.[break][break]

So even if the paperwork had been sent, there was every likelihood that he would still be sifting through it, making extra sure he was doing everything right. Out of the frying pan and into the fire, right?[break][break]

When Derek strolls into Wren’s office it’s to accidentally catch him in an attempt to shovel his lunch while still working on a spreadsheet to get some his mental infrastructure ordered. Mouth full of sandwich, he swallows and is quick to replace any surprise with a bright smile.[break][break]

“Sorry ‘bout that—Ranger Hoffman! Hey, I was hoping I’d have the chance to meet with you soon.” He doesn’t have time to say much else as Derek jumps right in—not that Wren minds. Though he quickly feels unhelpful.[break][break]

His brows knit together in thought before he shakes his head, “I apologize, but I’m only vaguely aware. Was there something about this that you wanted to discuss?”

[break][break]

[newclass=".wren"]--accent:#e0a8a8; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".wren blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wren .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/8zswFKS4/F1-A093-D2-5511-4-E4-E-80-E2-0055163670-A8.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wren blockquote b, .wren blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .wren blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .wren blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".wren .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wren .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wren .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 1:43:24 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"hmm. kind of." derek starts, feeling as though this meet-up might have been a bad idea. but he might as well shoot his shot.
[break]
[break]
"me and lars disagreed. i felt the rangers should be looking into registeel. where it's hiding." they had the resources. the manpower to conduct such a widescale hunt for the thing that wiped out a considerable portion of their ranks. of the pokemon belonging to those who confronted it.
[break]
[break]
whether the captain of petalburg felt that the rangers should get even themselves. to make a point that they look out for their own, or do what they can to make things right, when everything seemed to be going so wrong.
[break]
[break]
"it struck me as kind of odd to find that a head ranger would rather sit on their hands." derek knew the risk, and in many ways it was a bad idea. but the two head rangers now weren't ordinary trainers. together, they could definitely rival whatever could be thrown at them.
[break]
[break]
"of course, those hands are responsible for the ranger's lives." but that didn't mean there weren't those who were still willing. that wanted to put an end to that argument "so i wanted to know your thoughts on the matter."

[break][break]

[newclass=".derek1"]--accent:#80828B; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/15/dd/SXHfA7UF_o.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote b, .derek1 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .derek1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .derek1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! CODED BY MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REFERENCED AND FONT STYLE <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 1:44:34 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[attr="class","wren"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Admittedly, he’s very quickly lost about the whole thing. But he does his best to listen—because it’s important to him that those he oversees feel as if they won’t immediately be shut down by him in some form or another.[break][break]

A small crease pinches between his brows, though—a sure sign of his mind trying to keep up and attempting to fill in details he’s unsure of.[break][break]

“What was the justification for not doing anything? Oh—in his justification, I mean.” His fingers lace together as they settle on the desk, and Wren leans forward, attentive in his listening. “I can’t say I disagree with that line of thought, though. It does seem strange.”[break][break]

But without context, how can he be certain? However…[break][break]

“Do you mind telling me more about what happened? The event itself? I’m…new, and so catching up on everything in such a narrow timeframe has been a bit, well, all-consuming, to say the least.”[break][break]

It’s a bit embarrassing to admit, so the words slip out reluctantly as his glance deviates from the other man. But his attention is quick to return as he adds an additional thought.[break][break]

“Either way, if what happened with registeel was a matter that causes disruption or harm to the area around it, it feels like it should be an important issue to address.” Whether it’s pokemon or people causing an issue in the environment around them, handling those problems is the whole point of what they do, after all. Isn’t it?

[break][break]

[newclass=".wren"]--accent:#e0a8a8; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".wren blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wren .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/8zswFKS4/F1-A093-D2-5511-4-E4-E-80-E2-0055163670-A8.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wren blockquote b, .wren blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .wren blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .wren blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".wren .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wren .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 16:44:37 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","icon"]
"it was because of the casualties. well, more than that..." he didn't wish to divulge this part, but it was important.
[break]
[break]
"the gigantification of pokemon was, or is still an anomaly to us." something they've yet to fully understand. to control.
[break]
[break]
"and when pokemon can't handle the energy... they die." in a particularly gruesome manner at that. insides out, and vice versa. not something rangers were used to seeing. and not something they were equipped to deal with.
[break]
[break]
but letting the problem go unchecked was no solution.
[break]
[break]
"there were other incidents that took place as well. matters that distracted the rangers from this one." if it weren't obvious already, derek placed emphasis on registeel. "but this isn't just some one off. it's a series." there was more than one regi, and the league had dealt with one already.
[break]
[break]
"i don't expect you to do anything about it." even derek wasn't sure how to approach the situation. for now, he was simply looking for a way to locate registeel. "i just wanted to see where you stood on the matter." derek couldn't stand the thought of petalburg being lead by a fence sitter. luckily it didn't seem to be.
[break]
[break]
"there's still more about it i want to run by some people." like the mural depicting some kind of sacrifice made to an unknown pokemon. one with peculiar eyes... eyes that derek believes he's seen before. "but maybe we'll be able to convince lars to change his mind." assuming wren was in. "if i can figure all of this out, anyway." or maybe the task would fall on the shoulders of people outside of the rangers.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 0:51:29 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[attr="class","wren"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

He fell silent as Derek relayed what he knew. The impact the emergence of the regis caused, and the detriment they might bring on the environment if they were to emerge again.[break][break]

“Right..” Wren hummed quietly in thought as the matter of stance fell to him. Brows furrowed, his head tilted side to side before shifting into a more decisive nod. “I agree with you. If it’s as destructive and detrimental as you say, then it bears consideration and forward action.”[break][break]

Wren leaned back in his seat, the tips of his fingers still pressed to the edge of his desk. “Nothing is really black and white to me. This might be a monumental pokemon, or important. But if it’s causing harm, then we’re failing in our due diligence as rangers.” In his more private opinion, time and resources were wasted more on factional disputes than more pressing threats. Their job was to protect the region from any threat, no matter what side that threat fell on.[break][break]

“If you find out more in future discussions, I’d be glad to review any reports provided.” It felt like a calculated risk to make. And so early into his position as captain, it felt riskier than it might have if he were more seasoned. Turning newly forged connections sour made his stomach flip over itself. That was the last thing he wanted, and he knew he looked like a pushover, but he felt his convictions with a steel-like fortitude.[break][break]

“How confident are you in your ability to change his mind? I wouldn’t say I know him quite as well, so I’m not sure how much weight I’ll pull.”[break][break]

He chewed on his lip for a moment. “There’s a meeting coming up. If you voice your concerns on the subject, I’ll back you.” Finally, he managed to smile again, earnestly so. “I trust your experience.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 18:36:26 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD END!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
N/A

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: