part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
HEARING
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 22:21:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

A LEAGUE DEFEAT WAS NOT IN THE CARDS. even with the innate advantage of discovering the SEAL STONES first, most expected the league to come out with an overwhelming victory. how could they not?

, , . veterans by every measure of the word.

, , ? elite trainers granted the moniker of the region’s strongest.

even the auxiliary departments of and were called in to fight on the front lines.

and for what? to lose ? to add ’s name to the list of unaccounted for? what an absolute disaster. how could they default on a fight they had no business in losing?

rumors are murmured as multiple members shuffle into their respective spots. rows of chairs all face two separated desk for today’s hearing. some of these faces belong to politicians she’s seen around before. others are new.

for the commissioner and council are not the only members of the governing body. cities too have their representatives. each with their own agendas and views of what the league should become.

good afternoon,” a speaker introduces. “today we are here to discuss matters pertaining to the league’s science department with head professor doctor eva morales and councilman fernando silph.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
HEARING
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 6:50:08 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The bitter taste of defeat had become all too familiar on her tongue. It made her stomach lurch, her body ache, her heart feel numb. When she thought there wasn’t much else to break, the world found something else to shatter a piece of her she didn’t know existed. The loss of her colleagues, of their confidence amongst their people, all added to the loss of her sense of purpose and self and, worst of all, hope.

The betrayal returned as a sense of nausea that curled in her stomach and forced itself up and into the toilet she was curled over. She cringed as she wiped her mouth, a sharp pain shooting up her side from the cracked ribs still healing. She was going to be late if she didn’t pull herself together.

With Blade's help, she cleaned herself up and traded her typical scrubs for something more professional. She still shrugged on the lab coat over her black dress to hide the bruises and scars.

She’s been restless for too long, and even the makeup can hide the exhaustion. She puts on a professional facade in the face of the committee, standing straight and tall as they file into the room. She quite honestly has no idea what to expect. Her perfect record was suddenly tarnished in the worst of ways. Her nervousness stirred up another bout of nausea that she swallowed down as she lowered herself into her seat. Her gaze tentatively glanced over to Fernando, a shimmer of pity against the emerald for him getting dragged into this.

None of this was his fault, and guilt was another parasite that ate at what little she had left.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
HEARING
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 11:01:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

CRISP SUITS MAKE UP THE UNIFORM OF THOSE IN ATTENDANCE. an unspoken expectation of professionalism is held out of due respect. the concept of holding one another to a higher standard.

but not all uniforms are sewn the same. some come with purple bruises. others, swollen lumps of yellow flesh and spinarak veins. fernando too chooses to wear his accessories proudly: a pronounced medical wrap to hide the stitches from ’s booby trap, along with an arm sling for the sprained elbow of being dismounted by ’s nidoking.

he spares eva a knowing glance but says nothing more than his standard greeting.

morales.

everyone gets situated to various degrees. the speaker moves quick with their speech, thanking those in attendance for their time, and recognizes the pair with a purple prose of their sacrifices in dewford. an easily devoured appetizer in anticipation for the meal they were promised.

it goes without saying, many of us find it perplexing that team rocket is able to keep up with our scientific advances and intelligence departments. many of us present do not have clearance to confidential information saved for the council or the aqua initiative. how is it that team rocket is able to have procure such knowledge?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
HEARING
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 18:50:43 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The Councilman’s knowing glance is acknowledged with small nod, “Silph,” she says softly, swallowing again to tame the ichor that stains her tongue when she utters that name. Though the wounds left by another Silph are numb due to recent events, they still fester beneath the surface of the fresh ones.

A deep thrum of calm resonates along the tether bound to her god when her heart rate spikes as the meeting begins. A shaky hand reaches forward and her delicate fingers dance over the smooth screen of the tablet in front of her to quickly review the meeting agenda while she listens. Multi-tasking has always come easily.

The Head Professor clears her throat, and sits up a bit straighter in response to the speaker’s question, “It has recently been brought to our attention that Rocket has infiltrated the department,” now that she speaks more clearly, the unnatural raspiness to her voice still lingers from the crushing pressure applied by another, , has been the primary research assistance since before my tenure as Head Professor,” a swipe of her finger sends his employee profile to all those present, “He is now a confirmed Rocket spy,” and another swipe sent her report of their confrontation in Ultra Deep Sea. Despite the foreign roughness to her voice, she says it with grief, the betrayal still a shock and deep disappointment.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
HEARING
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 8:03:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

THIS IS OLD NEWS. some of them are aware. not by a lot, but well enough ahead of this meeting that their questions are structured to enunciate the point. the authenticity of this gathering is all a false pretense. a chance to dig deep into the faults of one department and use it as a shield for others should danger ever come their way.

while his tenure may predate your appointment as HEAD PROFESSOR, how is it possible you were never aware of this?

all it takes is for one question to arise to rouse others in the pecking order.

were you not the one who worked with him the most?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
HEARING
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 5:27:46 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 This is what she expected, what she knew would happen. They need someone to blame. It is a painful reminder why she didn’t get into politics or try to crawl her way up the corporate ladder. Yet, somehow, here she is: the regions Head Professor and now caught in the spotlight of a scandal with the eyes of the region bearing down on her.

The tension spreads to her shoulders, an even more rigid posture spurring the dull ache of her wounds both physically and emotionally to spike. A forced, polite smile graces her lips. She isn’t a practiced politician, so hiding behind a veil of professionalism isn’t her forte.

“Yes, we worked closely,” she confirms between the clenched teeth of her smile. The oppressive undertone of their accusations rub salt in the fresh wounds, “There was no reason to not trust him. He worked hard and was diligent in his tasks. My colleagues and I never get the impression he was betraying us,” her fingers tap the desk in a slow rhythm, “Obviously,” she shrugs her shoulders, “Or else we would have reported it,” it doesn’t matter how strongly she defends herself or her colleagues they need a scapegoat. Without sacrificing herself, she opts to steer the conversation in another direction.

“The question we should be asking is how he got here in the first place,” she takes a moment to glance between each committee member, “Where in the recruitment and hiring process did we fail? What could we do better to ensure this doesn’t happen again?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
HEARING
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 8:30:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

HER ANSWER, or rather, any answer, sparks chatter between them. not loud enough for them to hear but audible enough to nitpick that her answers are under scrutiny. eventually, one mic goes live.

so you had no clue. given that, what is the likeliness that you still have team rocket members on your team?

that one elicits silence over the room. at least until someone else decides to spearhead another point.

doctor morales, what do you think talent acquisition can pick up on during a week long process that you cannot discern since you were instated? if this, , was here before you, and you were unable to identify this, what chance does anyone else have?

someone else chimes in almost immediately.

do you know how much information may have collected? how much of our hard work was given to team rocket for free?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
HEARING
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 20:26:58 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The tension crawling over her threatens to snap like a guitar string. She could only imagine what they were chattering about. Sure, they had every right to scrutinize such a major breach of security, but they were naive to the details and intricacies and what it is like to be in a position such as hers. Their minds were likely already made up about this scandal. The hearing was just a formality.

“Yes, we were unaware of his affiliations,” she confirms. There was no hiding that. Even if they had an inkling of suspicion, they should have reported it. Ignoring any suspicions would put them in an even worse predicament. It made her look like a fool, but considering themselves completely unaware was a tactic she could use to protect the remainder of her staff until her own internal investigation could be complete, “We can not guarantee that. Not until the investigation is through. The remainder of the staff will undergo a rigorous evaluation and additional background checks led by our security division. For now, only myself and will have access to our research and data,” which only gave them more work on top of everything else they were tasked with, “With the knowledge that there is a weakness, it is imperative that we revisit our recruitment and hiring process to identify where the flaws are and strengthen them to prevent this,” it’s a task she didn’t feel qualified to handle. Perhaps she’d suggest pawning it off on someone else. Seemed like a good task for ’s department but Eva wouldn’t trust that bitch even with the simplest of tasks.

The topic leads into the following question, one that ties the knot tighter in her throat, a cold, empty fear gripping her. It’s a question that’s haunted her since the revelation of Priam’s betrayal, “We can’t be certain . . . he was a senior lab assistant and had access to the majority of our data and secure files. This excludes the strictly confidential information pertaining to the AQUA Initiative and the few sensitive topics of research but . . . they could have everything else,” she braces for the backlash, knowing this is what would fan the flames of outrage.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
HEARING
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 21:15:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

THIS TIME AROUND, they are quieter. the revelation that the league has no idea just how much rocket research they’ve funded steals the air from their lungs. fernando too, is silent throughout this.

how much do you think this information contributed to team rocket’s efforts in capturing the SEAL STONE?

our research in MEGA EVOLUTION, Z-MOVES, and now TERASTALLIZATION? they could have it all?

miss morales, as the expert in pokemon biology, how much stronger do you think makes team rocket? how many of the injuries we’ve sustained in ultra deep sea are thanks to these advancements rocket has been able to secure?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
HEARING
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 21:51:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 There is no questioning that knowledge is power, and with The League’s detailed knowledge at their fingertips, it is possible Rocket may used that knowledge to their advantage in a way that may have aided them in securing the SEAL STONE. Eva can neither confirm nor deny the possibility, so she dips back into her experience of skirting around a solid answer which is rare in science to begin with.

“It is possible, but also likely they were more well-prepared and aggressive than The League in their pursuits. Rocket is notoriously a violent and merciless organization and that has been confirmed in war,” Eva can speak from personal experience on that subject having fought them in both Kanto and now in Hoenn, “The published data they have, for sure,,” it’s free access to the public, “And we can not forget they have their own research divisions,” that was clear in the way they had rockets built to meet them on the Meteor when it was hurling towards Hoenn.

“I think the only thing that changes is that they now know what we know. They can prepare to counter it: The primal nodes when the meteor threatened us, for example. That intel and how to intervene may have come from their spy. I believe the injuries we sustained,” she glances briefly towards Fernando’s sling and shifts uncomfortably in her chair from the aching bullet wound in her leg that pulses as she speaks it back to life, “Are simply a product of their cruelty. They’ll kill, torture, and sacrifice their own to get what they want.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
HEARING
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 22:38:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT EVERYONE HERE AGREES ON TEAM ROCKET. they are a brutal bunch. some are victims. others have their entire status quo questioned by their existence. whether it be selfish or self preservation, they all unite against the criminal organization. the how and why is what splits them apart.

and this could have been exactly why they were so well-prepared. if we ignore his successful and thorough invasion into your department, he was still apart of the league. there is no question that he would be privy to and your dispatch to dewford. who knows who else?

and we lost several members in the aftermath. may , , and still be safe somewhere.

i agree with your morales. but if they were not able to develop counter measures for our primal nodes, would the battle not have been easier for us?

no one disagrees that team rocket is bad. we are all gathered here as a testament to their impact on the region. however, it is concerning that our very efforts may have been just a cog in their machinations.

there is no matching glance to meet her. fernando remains rigid. straightforward and undaunted. frighteningly so.

eventually, a question gets pointed his way.

and by extension, councilman silph, the science department now falls under your umbrella. what preventative measures will you put in place to ensure this does not happen again?

who will take responsibility for these damages? we understand doctor morales contributions to this organization and her promotion to head professor. do you believe this is justified in light of these new developments?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
HEARING
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 5:52:16 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 They all seem to find common ground in their shared hatred for the criminal organization. Understandable, but it spits gasoline onto an already lit fire - and fire catches fast.

The flames lash out like whips looking to strike whatever they can to consume in blame. They raise decent points, but they are all shallow ones. It truly baffles her brilliant mind that they can’t (or refuse) to dive into the deeper problems their own organization faces. Instead, they still seek to point fingers. This time, at Fernando.

He is stoic, as usual. Eva envies him that aspect. He makes it look so easy. Perhaps it is easy when you have the emotional depth of a Magikarp’s Splash. That’s probably what made him such a good politician and businessman. It’s easy to be objective when emotions don't complicate things.

This was beginning to exhaust her more than she expected it to. She refrained from bringing coffee in an effort to keep herself from getting distracted but now she was sorely regretting that decision. A heavy sigh drops her shoulders as she rubs her eyes with a single hand.

The mic crackles when she pulls it back towards her, “We all take responsibility: The League as a whole,” she pauses briefly but continues before she can be interrupted, “What’s done is done. The League failed and instead of casting blame we should be discussing what resources you will be giving us to correct the organization’s shortcomings in this matter. A topic that can provide tangible change for the better,” It is an attempt to steer the conversation in the direction she desired but she was no politician and their minds were foreign to her. Mostly, she was anxious to get out of this chamber. There were far more important things that needed her attention.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
HEARING
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 7:20:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

HE GIVES EVA A CHANCE TO SPEAK FOR HIM. one last attempt to convince them, and by proxy, herself, that the ideals she championed during METENO may bear some fruit. that looking for the good in others may lead to another way. a more peaceful option.

it is an outlook that brings a smile to his face while he patiently fidgets with his sling.

how naive.

chet, chet!

he taps his mic so the static can garner their attention onto him. a prime target ready to soak in criticism without remorse. welcomes it even, with the way he leans in, maintaining sweeping eye contact with those that dare to stare on.

i take full responsibility for what has happened.

a strong enough opener that grants him some freedom to straighten himself.

not black. not lane. the responsibility of this incident rests on my shoulders.

and his expression is wholly unapologetic. the frank emptiness the league has known is what they face today.

in regards to doctor morales, i believe her contributions overshadow today’s discussion with enough clemency to last her career.

he takes a moment to breath, away from the mic, before stepping up once more.

even silph co. does not understand the dimensional rifts and issues that currently plague her region. her constant research and published works have done wonders for not only the league but the scientific community at large.

he doesn’t back away but he blinks once before committing to his next string.

should there come a time where the league saw fit to relieve doctor morales from her duties, i will do everything in my power to retain her under the silph co. name. that is how valuable her work is in this current climate.

the retort is obvious and plays into his expectations.

do you not think that is a conflict of interest?

with her current commitment, that would require the league to make a move. i would only be following up on a relationship that was already severed. but that will not be an issue, nor do i think it is with the issue of .

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
HEARING
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 19:28:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Is that a smile? From Fernando Silph? It doesn’t look genuine, but it throws her off guard to see his stoic demeanor broken, even if just for a moment.

Her surprise melts into an unexpected pool of annoyance laced with anger. Her own demeanor breaks which isn’t a surprise, fixing Fernando with a stern and unhappy emerald glare beneath furrowed brows.

This isn’t his fault. This isn’t her fault. Accepting the blame only sets them up for failure in the future. It teaches this little committee that they are allowed to point fingers and settle for their shallow need to blame someone rather than growing past their more primal urges and looking to make real change. Fernando is enabling them.

His praise softens her sharp look only because she’s always been uncomfortable with accolades cast her way. She can’t hide the heat that rises in her cheeks and the discomfort it brings that makes her posture stiffen and gaze drift down to the intricate details of the microphone in front of her. The implication that her status as Head Professor may be in jeopardy elicits a subtle nausea to rise in her stomach. She never thought about what she would do if she was dismissed because of something like this. It wouldn’t be working for Silph Co, that’s for sure . . . or is it? It didn’t matter, he is simply making her look desirable in case they were debating a more severe punishment. He really is a clever man.

For once, Eva has nothing to say. She simply leans back to pull away from the mic and indicate her commitment to silence.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
HEARING
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 20:14:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

FROM THERE, fernando commandeers the conversation. he elaborates on the point of team rocket’s infiltration, agreeing with eva, that it’s an impossible ask. too many have gotten through. and too many will continue to do so. instead, he leverages that he exploits their system.

the nuances between what they lose versus what they gain is discussed at a high level. fernando argues that work they relied on to facilitate, and free up the head scientist of and , counter act what they’ve lost. but even fernando cannot convince everyone.

so, instead, they double back. by now, should be no stranger for his knack of circular conversations. just around about way of talking about the same thing using different words.

it’s a game of chicken. who gets tired first. who runs out of time.