1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
What is a North Star? (S/Closed)
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 20:04:01 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

It had taken him some time to figure out a few things, but once he had, he learned a valuable piece of information about a little girl whom he had gotten to know just a smidge better during a mission. So he had tracked her down, asking everyone in the city if they had seen her, and finally they pointed him in the right direction, and he saw her skipping stones at the beachside. It almost caught him off guard with how ordinary it looked. For the first time in the few fleeting moments since he had met her, Eris actually looked just like a kid. It was strange....

So he approached her, making sure his steps were loud enough to alert her to his presence before he got up besides. A normal gentle smile on his lips, despite the ruckus he had caused with attacking . He was still part of Rocket, but he had tanked probably all chances of him ever moving up in the ranks, but that was a sacrifice he had been willing to make when he did it. Otherwise he would have never done it, he was willing to deal with the consequences of his actions, so he couldn't complain to hard, but a small breakthrough in his search lay before him, and she was here.

"Hello again, Eris." Despite it all he was all smiles for the moment, no robotic suit. This time he was dressed in usual attire of a black Kalosian suit. His ever dutiful Dragonite at his side. "How are you today?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 1:25:29 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]After all that's happened in the past few days, she yearns for the more mundane of things in life - Things like watching the ripples of a skipped stone wash away into the bitter, cold seafoam or just sitting and listening to the chorus of Wingulls overhead and how it's being interrupted by loud crunching.[break][break]

She has no intentions of moving, resting a hand on Reiner's shoulder as he turns his head to check. And when he grunts in response, she'll simply pick up another rock from her little pile sitting beside her and ready her aim. Never once does she bother to grace Amor and his bodyguard with a cursory glance, numbers traced upon her lips as she counts the number of times her newest rock has skipped across the water surface. And finally, as it runs out of steam and comes to an abrupt halt against the momentum of a wave, she watches it get swallowed up by the deep dark and sighs.[break][break]

"What do you want?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 15:52:14 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

While he had hoped for a more cheerful greeting, he tilted his head to the side at the little girl, and found himself frowning? So he sat down, and tried to collect his thoughts momentarily.

"Well I guess I won't waste our time, by beating around the bush. I came to ask you for help on something." That was only if the rumor he had heard was true. Whether she would tell him the truth or not he had no idea, but it was the best lead that he currently had, and if he didn't at least try to follow up on it then he was a poorer man for it. "It's no secret that I have been trying to track down both Dialga, and Azelf. Especially since Dialga is in Hoenn now." He thought about it, the part of the prophecy that Azelf had told him hadn't come to fruition yet. It said the 4th would bring Ruin, now that Palkia, Dialga, and Giritina were accounted for, that left the skeletal dragon that he had seen during Cyberchase Conundrum, as the fourth one.

"I heard that perhaps you had contact with one of the Lake Guardians, and was hoping you'd help me track down the missing Guardian, and Dialga." The worst thing she could do was say no.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 5:37:53 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Talking to relative stranger in Rocket generally tends to go in two directions: There are those who are genuinely there to check on her. Then, there are those who are simply there to ask things of her.[break][break]

is quick to place himself in the latter category.[break][break]

As he takes a seat, he's met with an outstretched hand, a flat rock placed in the center of her palm. While she doesn't turn her gaze towards him, Reiner keeps a strict eye on the man's every movement.[break][break]

"Why?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 8:46:20 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He sits quietly for a moment as he contemplates her question, so many answers to just a single word.

"A while ago I got a strange visitor to my Garden. It was so out of the norm, part of me still thinks it was a dream. Azelf was there, and in my head I heard a poem, or a prophecy?" He hadn't really talked about his encounter with the Guardian to anyone.

"Energy Pulses beyond what you detect.
Infinity, Primal, Dynergy.
Life comes in three.
Dragons, Psychics, Sources.
It is the fourth that will ruin you."

He recites the warning that he had committed to memory, and still mulled over to this very day.

"Of course I didn't know anyone else who had come into contact with a guardian at the time, so I wasn't able to figure out the real meaning behind it. But I think that Necrozma isn't the real enemy, I think it's just a messenger for something worse. The 'Fourth' I think is the fourth sibling to Creation Dragons. Which is some weird skeletal looking dragon....Before that thing appears, I think Azelf, and Dialga need to be found because I'm sure it's gonna take their power to stop whatever that thing is." He frowned a bit as he just looked out over the water.

"Or maybe I'm entirely wrong, and Azelf was playing a prank on me....So yeah I don't know if that really answers your question." he shrugged. "If you say no, I won't pester you further. I know you've been through alot, and I'm just chucking more on your plate."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 0:13:22 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]He doesn't take the rock, so she takes a swing and watches it skip into the distance. So he's another that Azelf went to, that or someone who had the absolute worst case of shrooms. The passage he recites does sound legitimate. In fact, it sounds pretty similar to the one that the group had received... but what was the fourth referring to in this case?[break][break]

"What weird skeletal dragon?"[break][break]

If it's not something she knows vaguely of, then it's something that should be looked into.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 19:27:00 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
He furrowed his brow for a moment he had been so distracted he hadn't noticed the rock offered to him, and he tried to think of the best way to describe what he had seen in the Datascape.

"I saw it in the Data World, towards the end before everyone started sacrificing themselves, there was a Proto-Arceus? Like one that was still forming itself, and there were four eggs. Each egg hatched into a member of the Creation Dragons, but there was a fourth egg. It isn't from any of the myths in my homeland." He would have remembered that, and he frowned. "It looked sorta like this...." He picked up a nearby stick, and found a clear patch of sand nearby. Not having any paper nearby was a hamper, but he could make it work.

So he began to draw in the wet sand the best sketch that he could do, and despite how rough it was, the major features of this strange, alien dragon came through.

"I think this is going to be the real cause of the 'Ruin' that Azelf warned me about. I don't know how, or why....My theory is that Necrozma is gonna wake it up somehow, maybe even by accident." There was just to much information that he didn't have. "Or maybe it shows up at Arceus's behest....I just in my gut think this is the real problem." He explains to her.

"I've searched every myth I can find, but haven't had any luck finding any information on this thing yet...."

It was frustrating feeling so helpless all the time.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 10:53:10 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Alien is very much an apt way of describing the drawing he makes. And for a moment, she wonders if that's because really witnessed something strange or he's simply lacking in the whole artistic practice. Still, she'll pull her notebook from her backpack and begin to make a rough sketch of what's presented. And on the sides, a lil' note of Proto-Arceus is added with a few question marks.[break][break]

"How big was it?"[break][break]

More details, she needs more to know what she's getting herself into.[break][break]

"And why would you think Necrozma might be the trigger? Because of the dynergy it's taken? What else did you see?"[break][break]

Her mind flits over the letters that had once been inscribed into the charms they held - Original, gigantic. The meaning behind it still eludes her.[break][break]

"What makes you think a kid is gonna have any more information than some actual versed historian?"[break][break]

Other than Mesprit, is implied with her tone.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 10:51:11 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He nods to her, unfortunately he is still just speculating at the end of the day.

"I think with Necrozma causing a ruckus over in Galar, and sending those things here? I heard reports, but haven't seen them myself so I don't know if they are friend or foe." At this point he was willing to believe that everything was an enemy it just made life easier, but he sighed. "Maybe it sends the 'Fourth' over here as well? AS for the size of it? It was about as big as Dialga, and Palkia from what I could see." He stated tapping his cheek as he looked out over the water before turning his gaze to her.

"Because you've been in just as many harrowing situations as I have, if not more. What I saw in the datascape was the 'Past', but you weren't there with my group, so which path did you take, and what did you see there?" Amor would have remembered her being there.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 14:32:18 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Those things?" Sometimes, when her brain is full of far too many thoughts, she just needs things spelled out for her. "Necrozma controlled shadows and Ultra Beasts but I have a feeling it's because it's some kind of... king from wherever they come from."[break][break]

Something with enough power or authority to make them turn against their trainers.[break][break]

"If you saw it in the past, why would you think it might appear again?"[break][break]

To turn his own question back onto him - She had heard what happened in the future terminal from , and it didn't seem like the two cases were connected. If anything, she suspected that Arceus had more of a hand in the demise of multiple legendaries than the mysterious fourth dragon, or whatever it may be.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 21:56:20 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Her questions were valid, after all, he only had a flimsy theory, a prophecy, and what he had seen in Cyberspace. If you would have asked him this same thing last year he probably would have laughed about it, and turned it down on the case of there not being enough evidence, but it was unlikely he was going to get more in the meantime.

"A feeling? A hunch? Azelf was pretty specific about the fourth....And how it would spell our ruin. There were four eggs in the past being hatched, so it's just a theory that, that thing is the fourth. But it's all I've got." He frowned at his own lack of information, but it was all he had. "As for why would it appear here? The real question is, why wouldn't it? Dialga, Palkia, and Giritina are already here, it is the only one missing from this equation. We saw the Dark Triad controlling the other two with Unown, so it is entirely possible they are doing the same thing with that one, to weaponize it against us." If he were talking to a normal civilian he would sound unhinged, but she knew thankfully.

"To me it's not a matter of if it will appear, just a matter of when. I would personally like to be more prepared this time than all the other times. I think we need to find Azelf, so it can use it's strength with the other two, to use that red chain to keep the Doom Dragon from tearing us all apart." He had seen it work against Necrozma even if only briefly. "I would also like to keep it from falling into less savory hands. If you have Mesprit, I'm sure Azelf will feel more at home with you." Amor knew it wouldn't be his partner, but he felt was worthy of having it.

"I don't think you would abuse it, like others would. Right?" He turned his teal gaze to the small girl, curiously.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 7:15:07 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Specific? She has to resist the urge to scoff. Specific is only used here because the human mind has made an assumption or connection of some sort, one that might not even prove to be right in the long run. Not that he was wrong in particular, considering how many times she's heard the mention of 'four' in some capacity over various prophecies.[break][break]

"If that's your argument, I would say it's probably already here. The rifts are very much capable of hiding things we don't understand just yet." She sighs, brushing stray hair from her face if only to buy time to think.[break][break]

"Necrozma was able to destroy it with the help of various shadow pokemon and Ultra Beasts. What's to say this Doom Dragon won't make similar attempts?"[break][break]

Wasting time - She knows every second simply slips by the longer she refuses to join hands and use whatever resources are laid out for her. Still, instincts tell her to be cautious of one who would attack and somehow end up in Rocket, especially when they try to make her out as some... good person.[break][break]

Comparatively good, if she's considering who he may be referring to. Or maybe it's just bias.[break][break]

"You're not giving me any reason to trust you."[break][break]

Blunt, as straight to the point she can get as she rips that mistrust out for Amor to see.[break][break]

"You're only looking for them. You have no real leads, and the motive you've given me..." Can she really keep trying to see the best in others? "To me, it just sounds like you need me more than I need you to make this work."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 22:08:41 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Amusement flashed across his features as she laid out her blatant mistrust of him, this was something he anticipated, and so rather than patronize her from above, he would sink down. Squatting to look her in the face, a bemused smirk on his face.

"Yes, and should I trust you? The one who blatantly stole very important tech from me?" He quirked a brow, still amused at the little girl in front of him. "Probably not, but here I am still." He pointed out to her before standing back up. Picking up a smooth rock from the beach, and just tossing it across the water's surface. "Trust starts at zero, or in our case negative one. It is something both must make an effort to achieve, I'm not here to force you to help me, but even if you tell me no, I'm still going to go look myself." To him it was that simple.

Amor was more than willing to do things alone, it wasn't much different than how he normally operated.

"However I thought you would want to help Azelf, given your friendship with Mesprit. I could have tried to manipulate any number of ways, all of which would have failed because you're a smart girl. Instead I came right out to ask. That should count for something even if you don't like my blatant honesty." Amor realized how off putting it was to others, when you were just genuinely honest about your intentions from the get go. It was almost as if their brains couldn't process such a thing.

"The choice is yours Eris, if you say no, I won't broach the subject further." That was the simple truth, he wasn't here to beg, or grovel.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 23:43:52 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There's silence for a minute, a moment where the weight of his words simply permeate the air and attempt to sink further into her brain. Sure, guilt stirs up for thievery of sorts but in the end, spite wins the battle. Her eyes narrow as she meets that smirk with a scowl, which really isn't all that menacing considering who it's coming from.[break][break]

"It was just a weird machine in the ground. For all I know, it could've been an explosive and we'd all end up dead."[break][break]

But yes, she had tinkered with it anyways, because curiosity killed the cat - uhm, kitten.[break][break]

Even flattery unwittingly tapped upon will not get her to bat an eye, nor shift her perspective on what his intents are. Instead, it simply gives her time to blank out his words and consider the meaning behind them. He may not ask her for help, but it doesn't seem like he's going to stop either. Overall, as long as she keeps her cards close to her chest and uses whatever he'd be willing to provide...[break][break]

"Fine, I'll help. But I'm gonna need your help to get some things done, and I'll keep some info from you." She puts it all out, meets his honesty with the admission of her own potential dishonesty. "And I'm gonna want to use any info you collect to put things together. You can work with that, right?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 18:02:36 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He listened to the demands from the tiny extortionist in front of him, and he just laughed a little. Standing up he gave her a pat on the head, and then shrugged.

"You're not the first person to make such unreasonable demands of me, and you certainly won't be the last. But if things go wrong because you withheld information from me, if something happens. Then you have to take responsibility, as unfair as that sounds. If you want this to be a relationship where you have all the power, then you get to deal with the pitfalls that entails." That was the simple truth, her age didn't matter to him, she knew what she was asking for. He wasn't going to sugarcoat it, if things went wrong, then she would have to live with that. If she had resolved herself to doing that, then he wouldn't argue it further.

"However since you are making this so one sided. What guarantee do I have that you're gonna actually going to help? I mean you've just admitted you're going to lie to me? With hold things from me? Do you have anything to convince me otherwise? Distrust is the killer of working relationships little miss. Though I doubt anyone has actually taught you that." He frowned a little, and then just shrugged again.

"I'm sure it won't matter in the long run anyways." He sighed a little, and held out his hand for her to shake. "I suppose for the time being we will sort of be working together, yes?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights