1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Intrepid Sword: CF | m
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 12:03:31 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan walked through the corridors of the Pokemon League's offices.

Past the Elite Four, through the offices of the council, past Elinor's and into one with the label 'Silph' behind it.

The meeting itself was surprisingly easy to reach out to. A single scheduled meeting with a brief note mentioning the subject matter, which was summarily accepted not long after his measured tirade on the encrypted chat.

Callan ran away from problems of his own making, normally. This time however, he couldn't have that luxury.

"Fernando." He comments, entering the office after knocking. He slips a smile, politically forged, as he closes the door behind him. "Thank you for agreeing to meet."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 20:28:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTREPID SWORD

MISSION

LIKE THOSE BEFORE HIM, callan will find that his presence alone does not warrant fernando’s undivided attention. what’s left of his eye remains split between two screens, not quite in the middle, but able to oversee all that he needs to.

young.

the clatter of his fingers punctuate his greetings. their constant strokes measure to the beat of his own inner monologue. here, in his empty sanctum, he is the musician. an the concerto of his lengthy response is one the elite four should be no stranger to. for what the single word he says aloud is made up for with paragraphs of praise in the HNN.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 18:25:13 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan slips into the chair by Fernando's desk. The weathered indents in the cushioning indicated use, almost on a daily basis.

His eyes roamed this space of the councilman before looking towards the councilman himself.

There was a brutality in the room that inflicted everyone that stepped into it's oppressively organised and clinical silence. Most of all, the councilman himself.

But what drew his attention most of all, the scar that bisected the side of his face. His fingers tighten against his kneecap.

"Thanks again for agreeing to meet." Callan began. The clack of Fernando's keyboard is distracting. It pulled his thoughts elsewhere to pointless curiosity.

"I have a plan in mind, which I can elaborate on first." the CEO types pretty fast, he'd guess around 110-120 a minute, maybe. It doesn't stop, how does he listen at the same time?

"Or if you prefer, I'd like to check if you have any limitations in mind when you offer your assistance."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 6:50:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTREPID SWORD

MISSION

“GO AHEAD.”

there is no fluff or small talk needed. just a singular focus on their primary objective: the discussion and conditions for liberating .

the limitations and conditions will reflect on your plan,” he mentions in passing. after all, putting his personal resources on the line means expecting a payoff. anything short of success is simply a waste.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 11:07:20 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan nodded at Fernando, his tone even as he started, "Broadly speaking, I've pooled data on Rocket operatives from the Hoenn Bureau of Intelligence. My Porygon-Z has parsed and identified those involved in recent trafficking or transport operations."

He continued, "Our strategy is to monitor their communications. For a more effective covert operation and wider coverage, it'd help to have a high-power facility for Porygon-Z to work.

Once we find a link to any of our people, I'd like to use a satellite to pinpoint these individuals, find them, induce a trance for interrogation, and clone their devices for future use if needed.

Once we've secured a location, we adapt our strategy accordingly. And I'll share the information with the League and see if that changes any minds about the kidnapped."
Callan pauses.

"My first priority is going to be Elinor. And there's always going to be an element of risk. But overall, I've tried to limit myself to options that don't require insider action or physical work for your people. Even if Hoenn has people on the inside, I trust they're not exactly in a position to do anything about it at the moment."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 21:01:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTREPID SWORD

MISSION

“THAT WON’T WORK,” fernando dismisses almost immediately.

trafficking and transport are handled for what they dub, ‘small matters’. something of this magnitude is immediately escalated to their upper echelon.

it is here that he stops typing.

we’ve tried what you’ve suggested when they held slateport. and, to their credit, they’ve learned from it. that approach only works if we manage to hold someone applicable within a twelve hour window of said incident.

and now, his gaze too sets on his elite four.

short of snagging someone akin to , , or , i doubt most of rocket would have any details. it would be the equivalent of team rocket kidnapping a ranger to extract information about ’s avatar abilities.

his eyes roll to his door before going back to callan.

but, if you’re able to deduce her location with a fairly certain confidence rate, and proof, i will mobilize on your behalf.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 4:51:08 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Fernando's words cut through the silence, slicing the tension in the room like a sharp knife.

Callan only needed a moment, absorbing the information, his eyes focused intently on Fernando. The councilman's dismissal was harsh, direct, not leaving any room for argument. It was a cold dash of reality, and it seemed his main manner of speaking to everyone.

This was a man who had a sword hanging over his head, like Damocles, a precarious balance of power that could tip at the slightest misstep. And yet, he was willing to put himself on the line.

Callan sucked in a breath, a stark contrast to the heat building up inside him.

His lips parted, ready to argue, to persuade, to convince. But then, he caught himself. His gaze fell on Fernando, studying his resolute expression and calm demeanor.

This was not a man who could be swayed by words alone. He stops himself from arguing the point further. A result will suffice.

Callan's eyes narrowed, a new question taking shape in his mind. Ignoring Fernando's distracted glance towards the door, he leans forward instead, fingers clasped as he surveys the councilman. His eyes sharp, monitoring the expressions and twitches as the silence fills the room.

"Why did you want to help Hoenn?" He asked, his eyes never leaving Fernando's. The question had been nagging at him, gnawing at the corners of his mind. It was a simple question, yet it held a world of implications.

"You were a stranger here, relatively speaking. Just half a decade back." His gaze was steady, probing, demanding an answer. His voice, though soft, echoed in the silence of the room.

"This wasn't your home until later. But you choose to stay, and fight, and risk your eye, your dignity, your reputation and company for a a place that's not your own. Even before the meteor and the DRK TRD."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 5:12:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTREPID SWORD

MISSION

“I DIDN’T,” is as plain an answer as he can manage.

fernando’s no stranger to this change in tactic. he’s utilized it many times before. in fact, it used to be one of his favorites.

in recognition, he knows just the way to counter. like any battle, attacks must be made with more than just the sight of landing. an opponent must consider the reaction and retaliation that comes after.

that, in itself, is enough to reaffirm his impression of who callan is.

i wanted to protect the world against a criminal organization that destroy my home and butchered my family. wherever that took me was of no consequence. as long as i could prevent another unprepared region from suffering the same fate.

his stare matches him. one against two. resolute against any dispute.

and since then, it has escalated into so much more. losing hoenn effectively means losing this world. that much became apparent before the ultra beast. as far back as when rocket took over slateport.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 6:42:49 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Fernando's eye was a mirror reflecting resolve. The man's expression gives nothing away, no subtle twitch or fleeting shift to betray any hint of dishonesty. Callan had anticipated as much, but witnessing it firsthand is another matter entirely.

Fernando's rhetoric is like a longsword in full swing—driven by the sheer weight of his power, prestige, achievements, and intellect. Callan himself was more of a coward, preferring to keep a safe distance, stay clear of the blade's arc, stepping in only when necessary. It was why he had steered clear of this office until now.

Callan was not an expert in political fencing. He picked up just enough to navigate the daily dealings of the League and record label meetings.

His curiosity was the driver of the jab, and not one that intentionally aimed to wound the CEO. One that Fernando clearly sees, ripostes, and pauses. He does not move, does not counter, does not strike back. He didn't need to.

Time is slipping away and Callan can't afford to spar words any longer. Fernando need only to parry his questions to make Callan seem unprepared, unfocused.

Yet, Callan found an odd enjoyment in their exchanges. Maybe this is why people engaged him, despite his perceived aloofness and ruthlessness.

"You're more considerate than you appear, Councilman," Callan spoke, slowly rising from his seat. "I came here without any absolute expectations of your support, thanks for hearing me out regardless."

In the end, it's the execution that matters most, and Callan knows he amidst chaos. A lesson he had learned from his own trials.

"Once things calm down a bit, we should grab a drink," he suggests, a casual proposition hanging in the air as he readies to leave.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 21:39:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTREPID SWORD

MISSION

“ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS, MISTER YOUNG.”

fernando finds offense in his words, even when purposed to be a compliment. for he has heard such a line many times before. repetition makes it dull. boring. but the experience he’s gained create a loft counter.

one that strikes with the guile of a hidden dagger.

i only appear that way because of your preconceived notions. but i appreciate the kind words, nonetheless.

his attention buries itself back into his word. as if the exchange had never happened. where callan’s appointment is no more than a space before the next sentence. an empty lull after an affirmative period.

i’d like that though.

the sound of clattering keys bear the weight of a thousand slashes. each one is swinging at empty air. training for the next battle.

just make sure my calendar is open.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 22:13:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: