part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 20:38:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ADJOURN

MISSION

“YOU CAN KEEP IT OPEN,” fernando mentions offhandedly to the bartender. the gleam of gold letters against a black card has long lost its luster within ever grande. the novelty of encountering such a card is lost with such frequent visits.

he takes his seat at the bar. it’s mostly empty this early in the day. the exchange of having to sit through a hearing is that there’s no real end time in sight. blocking out his calendar in anticipation of it running over leaves him unexpectedly free.

which applies to his partner as well.

you alright?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 21:05:17 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 She finds it difficult to figure out how he managed to convince her to accompany him here. A bar in the middle of the day? Perhaps she was too tired to argue against it. Or maybe a break is what she needed and her subconscious muffled the more logical part of her brain that told her to go back to work. Still, the weight of everything that needed her attention left a consistent anxiety bubbling in her chest. Or perhaps that was Rayquaza. It was getting more and more difficult to distinguish between her own discomfort and theirs.

She slides into the seat beside him, giving the bartender a warm, tired smile in greeting before it shifts over to the Councilman beside her with cautious curiosity, “I’ve been better,” which isn’t a lie but not entirely the truth, “What about you?”

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 22:08:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

“ABOUT THE SAME.”

two amber shots are placed, not slid, in front of them. a standard opener that requires no request. fernando raises his glass of tequila half way over, waiting for a clink.

you took that well, all things considered.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 3:32:03 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 She’s not surprised by his answer, so she nods in silent agreement as she reaches for the amber liquor. Eva meets his glass half way in solemn cheers.

Eva isn’t expecting tequila. Even though it hailed from the top shelf, its putrid burn forces her face to twist into something awful. She takes it, nonetheless, smacking her tongue against the roof of her mouth as she pushes the empty shot glass forward, “Thanks but . . . I’m picking the shot next time.”

In an attempt at humor, her lips curl into a grin, “I may be a lab rat but I can hold it together when it counts,” Sort of. Her performance was far from perfect but she didn’t throw a tantrum or break down which was a plus. Her gaze runs over the whiskey selection as she speaks, “It reminds me why I’m not in politics,” her emerald eyes break towards him for a fleeting moment, “It’s impressive you continue to put up with it,” she found them to be frustrating and rather simple minded. She couldn’t imagine what Fernando thought of his colleagues.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 3:47:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

HER HUMOR IS MET WITH A DEADPAN ADMISSION, “you were shaking.

his glass settles next to hers. out of reach. out of mind.

you get used to it,” is another one, this time more natural as she pries words from him with pliers of questions. “most of them won’t last, either.

he eye settles on her instead of what’s in front of him.

a routine cycle.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 4:48:09 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The grim quickly turns into a tight lipped frown. The eye roll is subtle, but it's there as she turns her focus back to the whiskey selection, pointing to a bottle she recognizes as a smokey blend, “Well, I’m not infallible,” not even close.

The bartender nods in approval at her selection and she finds an odd sense of comfort in that, “They do tend to phase in and out as swiftly as the seasons, don’t they?” she could barely keep up with it. No wonder The League doesn’t get much done.

“You’re not part of that cycle,” he’s been around longer than any as far as she knows, “Do you enjoy the torture of their simple-minded debates that much?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 5:00:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

“INDEED.”

her choice in liquor doesn’t bring a real expression to his face. it’s still trained on her, more than patient enough to taste it before putting any real judgement.

it’s a part of the job. whether it be them, or having to explain to your colleague why they shouldn’t destroy a primal node prior to meteno.

barely a pause settles.

how’s that going by the way, head professor?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 6:11:01 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 It’s part of the job. A common excuse. She’s used it before too. And just as quickly as the turnover on the council, Fernando pulls her into it.

Her brow rises and she finally glances over to Fernando and meets his eye’s gaze. Head professor. She speaks honestly, “Things are great,” her relationship with had never been better, and she had proven to remain a dedicated and loyal science sister, “She really doesn’t need my oversight,” it’s true, but her insecurities emphasize it, especially after the whole Priam situation. How could she be so foolish to not see his betrayal?

The bartender returns and her fingers reach to curl around the glass like an anchor, “Fernando . . . Why did you accept all the blame? It wasn’t your fault,” it was more her fault than his. She, again, put too much trust in someone who didn’t deserve it.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 6:24:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

HER ANSWER DOESN’T DISSUADE HIM. but fernando knows better than to wear his mind on his sleeve. not when her answer seems to insinuate that they stand in solidarity. whether that is just at face value though, remains to be seen.

well, professor, care to wager?

he sits his glass between them. a shot on the line.

guess.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 6:53:51 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva didn’t know Fernando well, but she never pegged him for a man who played games. The concern written sharply across her features melts away into curiosity. Her eyes bounce cautiously between Fernando and the shot.

“Hm, alright,” she shifts in her seat to face him. Her eyes narrow slightly, locked in a contemplative gaze with his singular eye. They sit in silence for a long moment, her mind trying to dip into his. But could she really ever learn to understand him?

“To give them what they wanted. So they’d shut up and move on.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 7:07:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

“DRINK,” he declares with nudge of his glass. “you shoulder know better, morales.

he waves his hand for another. but when he gets the bartenders attention, he raises four fingers. enough for them to go a few rounds.

tell me, what did do for you exactly?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 7:26:16 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Drink.

Her jaw snaps shut, lips drawing tight in a playful annoyance. She thought she may have been right. It seemed too easy, but the easy answer is right many times. Shutting them up drove the conversation forward rather than keeping them trapped in the vortex of debate.

“Fine,” she tips the glass back easily, much more pleased with the taste than the tequila. The snarky side of her scorned personality wanted to promptly reply nothing, but she bit her tongue in favor of something more political, “His role wasn’t very clear, I’m not quite sure I fully understood it myself,” nor does she fully understand Fernando’s role. Perhaps that’s the hint.

“You did it to support us, the department. Stand in solidarity because you took responsibility for it when you took over his role.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 7:47:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

HE TILTS HIS HEAD TOWARD HER, for a moment, before tilting it away. a small shimmy that debates where he stands. “good enough,” he finally relents, taking the shot between them and killing it in the same manner.

but only half right, morales.

one for one.

do you remember what i told you when the dome went up?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 8:17:15 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Her eyebrows slowly rise in anticipation as he contemplates. A half smile accompanies a half-correct answer. She’d take it. It was better than downing another shot that deserved to be sipped. As a fairly competitive person, she finds a sense of pleasure in watching him take the shot.

Eva has to dig back deep into the recesses of her mental vault to extract the information he inquires about, “I think so,” her fingers reach out to gently trace the subtle curve of one of the shot glasses, “We discussed quite a bit,” but a part in particular stood out to her. It certainly wasn’t what he would have liked her to take away from the conversation nor what he is referring to at this moment, but she could be frustratingly dense sometimes. Especially when it comes to herself, “You told me,” she searches for the right words to sum it up, “To not not waste my time searching for alternative,” following her gut, “And we can always do more.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ADJOURN
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 8:24:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEARING

SOCIAL

“IS THAT WHAT COMES TO MIND?”

he is unabashed in the face of their disagreement. the fact that it comes to the surface shows how much it lingers. of what his impression on her is. but he does not falter when it comes to contention. even now, he stands by those words.

while correct, the answer i was looking for was about how important your work is. and how much it means to me.