saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 9:13:17 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

a ghost of a smile graces his lips, one that speaks of love and longing for a time lost and out of reach. it lingers even after he says,[break][break]

"i found hope."[break][break]

not only reasons to fight for but reasons to live.[break][break]

elegantly buzzing through the air, tapu koko dodges the GUNK SHOT as it closes the distance to ram its IRON HEAD into the toxtricity.[break][break]

"yeah! you're there. i see it in the way you battle and in the way you hold yourself."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 21:54:21 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
“Hope, huh?” Lam echoes the response thoughtfully. “Well, I’m happy for you. Seems like it left an impression.” It’s nice to see Matias take this turn. It reminds him of that day spent out on the open water, not long after they’d first become friends.[break][break]

The toxitricity falls, though he doesn’t faint on impact from tapu koko’s IRON HEAD. Mac simply decides not to get up for a moment. He stares up at the sky, clawed hands resting on his belly. The stakes aren’t like a gym match, so he leaves it to Moth Man instead– who is by and large much more energetic than the purple lizard.[break][break]

“Sure is a fast little rooster dude,” Lam remarks absently, a hand shielding his eyes from the sun as he looks up to where his slither wing sails after the tapu koko in the air. Heat and fire kicking up around its golden wings as a FLAME CHARGE pursues the deity.[break][break]

He returns to the conversation, only to grin sheepishly. “Even after what happened out at the border? Means a lot to hear you say that though, really.” It’s a confidence that’s slowly starting to build back, wobbly after a period of uncertainty. After the tumult of the deep sea and the anxiety that had embedded itself in his chest in the days that followed.

[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 4:38:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

it left more than an impression. it affected him to his core, pulling him back onto a path he could be proud of. one he walks with his head held high.[break][break]

but how long will it be until he falters? until he strays? the thought fades into the back of his mind as he watches wisps of red and yellow paint across blue skies, FLAME CHARGE and WILD CHARGE acting as brushes.[break][break]

his smile fades for a moment.[break][break]

"i have to apologize for what happened in the border. it was uncalled for, and i was instigating issues i should have left dormant. i'm sorry, lam, for putting you in that position."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 21:19:21 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
Lam shakes his head, “No, don’t think I hold it against you. I don’t.” A weaker smile pulls at his mouth as he glances over. “I forgave you for that a long time ago. We’re friends, I wasn’t going to hold it against you.”[break][break]

Does that make him foolish? He likes to think it doesn’t, and that his trust isn’t unfounded.[break][break]

Besides, it had really seemed like a different Matias at that time. Not himself.[break][break]

His hands slip into his pockets and he looks up, nodding at the slither wing before it peels away from the WILD CHARGE, only to hurtle back to pull the smaller pokemon into a THRASH.[break][break]

“I only mention it now, because I’ve never figured out if I should’ve acted differently. And if it sets me back a few paces.” It’s an insecurity that’s settled with him, that has more to do with just that day. But voicing as much has never been a simple thing for Lam. He’s used to being solid, dependable.[break][break]

A good natured scoff sneaks free after a moment and he shrugs as he tries to find levity. “Plus, I don’t even know where to start on themes.”
[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 11:39:54 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

matias shakes his head.[break][break]

"no. you did what was right. whenever we are in the position to, we should show mercy and kindness. i did the opposite of that."[break][break]

as THRASH connects, vines sprout from nowhere to wrap around the slither wing, tying it and tapu koko together with intricate GRASS KNOTS. together, they turn, taking to sharp dive back down toward the ocean.[break][break]

"i'd say birds but has you beat."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 22:23:55 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
Lam lifts a shoulder lazily. “You know, we all have our moments.” He wasn’t about to claim he would always act perfectly in certain situations.[break][break]

“And you didn’t exactly seem like yourself.”[break][break]

The slither wing plummets as it becomes tangled in the tapu koko’s snare. Another FLAME CHARGE burns through the tangling GRASS KNOTS, allowing the behemoth to pull up and hover the water just before crashing into the surf.[break][break]

“Yeh, I think he gives me a run for my money in that camp.” And that was saying something, because his love of birds ran pretty deep.[break][break]

“I dunno, I just want it to matter, and be useful.” He scratches the back of his head, fingers making bright green hair stand at odd angles.[break][break]

“I was thinking about playing off of double matches, but that’s hardly a new concept.”

[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 7:07:47 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"i wasn't myself, no."[break][break]

but he is now. as far as he can tell, anyway. but how long will it be before cracks begin to form again?[break][break]

perhaps they already have.[break][break]

GRASS KNOTS burn away in time to free the slither wing. tapu koko plunges into the water, disappearing for moments.[break][break]

when it reappears again, it is under the guise of BRAVE BIRD as it attempts to shoot straight up at the slither wing.[break][break]

"double matches allow you the opportunity to teach the importance of teamwork and synergy. it's not a new concept but it's one that is still vital."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 22:08:35 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
“That’s okay. Like I said, we all have our moments.”[break][break]

Maybe his was just…slightly more unhinged than others, but Lam isn’t about to press. Who knows what sorts of burdens he’s required to carry that the average person (like himself) doesn’t even have to think about.[break][break]

Moth Man lets out a triumphant screech as Tapu Koko plummets, but the overgrown bug doesn’t seem to realize that the drop is by design.[break][break]

When the island spirit charges out of the water in an impressive spray, the slither wing takes the full hit and plummets. Strong as it is, it still stands no chance against the patron of Mele Mele. “Tough.” He recalls it in a beam of light before it can hit the water.

His head tilts in question, surveying Tapu Koko as if silently asking if it would like to continue. He’ll keep on sending out opponents if that is its preference.[break][break]

A grin crosses his face, though, as the conversation resumes. “That’s what I thought! I just..” he trails for a moment, as a hum intercepts his thought process, “I guess I wasn’t sure if that sort of thing would be able to stand on its own very well.”[break][break]

It’s not a flashy or edgy sort of theme. Maybe a bit boring in comparison, even.

[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 12:09:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"it will if you make it your own. the strongest pillars are often the most stable."[break][break]

a rare tidbit of wisdom from a seemingly unwise individual. or at least that is what the public has perceived of him in the past.[break][break]

reckless. selfish. volatile.[break][break]

tapu koko points at matias in a clear challenge. the pokeball that bursts open signifies his acceptance.[break][break]

"guess it's my turn."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 20:31:12 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
His head tilts from one side, to the other in consideration. “It’s definitely food for thought.” Isn’t that what he’s always strived to be? Steady, stable. Maybe not strong, but foundationally secure. “Thanks for listening, by the way.”[break][break]

No matter how he’s perceived by the public, Matias’ advice is still valued. As an elite four member, as a friend.[break][break]

“Guess so.”[break][break]

He laughs as the tapu koko’s impatience is made obvious. “Guess I couldn’t hack it, huh?” Not that he minds. The ability to engage with it is reward enough.[break][break]

“It must be feeling pretty high and mighty right about now.”

[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 5:41:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"it won't be for long."[break][break]

despite the stark change in personality, there's no shedding the arrogance he carries with him. it embodies him as a member of the elite four, as a fighter, and as a person.[break][break]

kartana twirls in an intricate SWORDS DANCE before bowing to tapu koko. a mere second later, the space around them begins to warp as a VACUUM WAVE looks to swallow the deity whole.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 21:15:15 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Ah, there’s the Matias he knows.[break][break]

The corner of his mouth hikes up, a scoff of laughter following as he watches the two slip into a stand off. He eyes the kartana, but it’s obvious that the tapu koko considers Matias the actual opponent, rather than his pokemon.[break][break]

“You don’t think it’ll have any tricks up its sleeve?”[break][break]

A flare of electricity flows outward, extending the life of the ELECTRIC TERRAIN that had begun to peter out. It’s shielded arms up and crack together in an effort to repel the kartana’s attack, but it does little to repel the suction pull.[break][break]

It invokes NATURE’S MADNESS, rising up from the ground underfoot of the ultrabeast before peeling away into the air again.

[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 8:38:39 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

kartana does not wait for NATURE'S MADNESS to find it. instead, it follows after tapu koko, soaring up into the air to avoid the brutal attack to chase after it.[break][break]

"i've fought it enough times to understand it. it's similar to me in the way that it appreciates putting on a show."[break][break]

kartana slashes upward, sending NIGHT SLASHES at tapu koko as it looks to close the distance.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 17:05:31 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“But that means it understands you just as well, right?” It’s not a means of poking holes in Matias’ point–more just curious observation.[break][break]

He’s right about the show it likes to put on, though–this tapu koko is all flourish and fanfare as it hurdles through the air, twisting at the last moment so that its shielded arms come together at the last moment to block the NIGHT SLASHES.[break][break]

The rooster visage is emblazoned in bright orange and yellow against the blue backdrop of the sky before it bursts forward out of its defensive shield. A BRAVE BIRD hurdling straight toward the kartana.

[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 15:58:41 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"it should by now, yes. the way i fight doesn't vary much which is why i've been using a variety of different pokemon against it."[break][break]

exposure would help tapu koko learn as well, preparing it for future battles.[break][break]

the BRAVE BIRD is enough to send the kartana spiraling back down. it is recalled before it hits the ground, potentially saving it from a nasty blow.[break][break]

"tch. that's annoying."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]