lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,496 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 3:09:56 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] In the time that’s elapsed since the events in the ultra deep sea, he’s mostly kept to himself. The need to process wasn’t lost on Lam, so he’d retreated and scaled back. Let things quiet down before throwing himself back into the next thing that popped up.[break][break]

So when the shout comes from , he’s more receptive. What happened at the border isn’t forgotten, but it’s shelved. Their conversation in the deep sea lingers, though. The question— do you despise me yet?[break][break]

He agrees to go to Evergrande.[break][break]

“Hey,” his hand lifts, the halfhearted flick of a salute sent Matias’ way. “How goes?” Both hands find his pockets again, posture slouched and relaxed as he shuffles up to him.[break][break]

Clearly, more at ease here on the island that he was at both the border and deep sea. The sun is high, the ground underfoot is secure. There’s no risk of calamity here as far as he can see. It’s not home, but it’s not dissimilar, either.[break][break]

It’s soothing.[break][break]

Shielding his eyes from the sun, his curiosity wins out. “Any reason you had me come out here?” More training? Hopefully substantially less rocket ambushes.

[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 4:21:36 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

not much processing needs to be done from matias. the events in ultra deep sea, while unfortunate, fall in line with everything else he has experienced even before arriving in hoenn.[break][break]

the pain of losing—the shame of it—it doesn't get any easier for the war veteran. perhaps, it never will.[break][break]

a returned salute meets as they approach.[break][break]

"it goes."[break][break]

he peers up at the sun above them.[break][break]

"have you ever fought a legendary?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,496 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 22:00:23 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] A part of him wonders if Matias is really alright. He seems almost somber, or maybe Lam is imagining it. But he doesn’t try to ask, either.[break][break]

Despite his need for space to come down and sort through everything, Lam still wants to improve. To be found useful and capable. So returning to training isn’t in question.[break][break]

Though maybe with a bit more mindfulness than the nonchalance he’d entered the rift at granite cave with.[break][break]

He can’t help but laugh a little at the question.[break][break]

“Do I look like–?” Lam shakes his head, “No, I don’t think I’ve even encountered let alone fought one.” [break][break]

All he has are the stories and traditions from his childhood, and accounts that come with living in a region that seems rife with both legendaries and insane phenomena. “Why?”

[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 6:32:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"how have you not encountered one before?"[break][break]

they almost seem to be a common occurrence in hoenn, and if not hoenn, then in the other universes that exist within the rifts.[break][break]

regardless, he chuckles.[break][break]

"would you like to?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,496 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 21:21:46 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] Matias raises a fair point— with the frequency that they appear in Hoenn, how? It’s not as if he’s gone out of his way to avoid it, and he spends his fair share of time outdoors.[break][break]

He shrugs, “Never right time or place, I guess. Closest I’ve come is that thing we found in the interdream zone.” That thing is a slither wing, and he’s a big, temperamental ol’ fluffy cutie it turns out. But as far as Lam knows, definitely not a legendary.[break][break]

The follow up question catches him and Lam pauses, looking over at Matias again curiously. “I mean, yeah. Who wouldn’t?”

[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 16:59:36 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"good. because that's why we're here."[break][break]

almost on cue, a THUNDER cracks from above, striking a spot on the ground ahead of them. as dirt and debris scatter, he looks past the edge of the cliff to see a familiar flash of yellow zipping up into the air.[break][break]

"lam, tapu koko."[break][break]

the deity hovers near a cloud.[break][break]

"it's inviting you to battle."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,496 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 20:51:51 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
“Oh?”[break][break]

Lam’s expression furrows in confusion, but before he can ask anything else, he back steps several times in the wake of thunder crash, and the whiz of something hurtling by him and ruffling his hair.[break][break]

Matias’ introduction gives him pause before something enthusiastic sweeps through his expression. He whirls, immediately trying to pinpoint where the yellow-orange blur disappeared to.[break][break]

“You guys have a tapu koko??” It blurts out of him with only the zeal of a native Alolan might muster for the patron deity. Not just one of the four, but Mele Mele’s island spirit, Hau’oli’s. It’s a piece of home, whether this one is originally from the island nation or elsewhere.[break][break]

He sort of wants to befriend it more than fight it, but Lam knows better. Knows that this is how its respect is earned.[break][break]

“Why me?” he still asks as he watches the hovering tapu koko, and sends out a low-key toxitricity rather than one of his usual birds. Why not Matias—the stronger fighter? The more important figure of the two of them?

[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 11:15:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"oh we have more than a tapu koko."[break][break]

we. is there really a we? it feels strange on his tongue; foreign and undeserved, almost, but he lets it pass without further thought.[break][break]

tapu koko doesn't answer lam's question but matias does instead.[break][break]

"because we've fought too many times to count and it's tired of losing to me."[break][break]

his jest is met with a jolt of THUNDER that comes his way. it would've struck him if not for the quick MOUND OF EARTH he conjures up.[break][break]

"so, that's why."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,496 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 20:39:36 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
He wonders if he sees some sort of undefined emotion flicker across the other’s face at the mention of we. But it’s there and gone, so maybe it’s just a trick of the light.[break][break]

“That’s cool and all, but this one’s the best.” At least in his opinion, tapu koko is revered.[break][break]

“Sure didn’t like that answer,” Lam pipes up with a laugh as the tapu koko directs its attack toward Matias rather than his Pokémon.[break][break]

Unsurprisingly, it's got a little sass.[break][break]

“Do your best to keep up!” he says to the toxitricity who shrugs loosely before lumbering after the much quicker deity.[break][break]

Seems like an apathetic response, but Mac is just overly chill. He’s paying attention—something evidenced by the way he redirects his lobbed GUNK SHOT when the tapu koko makes a feint to the side at the last moment.[break][break]

Figuring he can attempt two things at once, he looks over at Matias. “So what’s up with you, man? Haven’t seen you in ages, it feels like!”

[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 6:43:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

ages.[break][break]

decades, really, since he had last seen the man before him now. the disconnect between realities still weighs heavily on him; how could it not?[break][break]

with a soft chuckle, he places a hand on their shoulder, squeezing once.[break][break]

"it's been far too long, lam."[break][break]

his hand falls back down to his side right as tapu koko's WILD CHARGE carries it straight down and into the toxtricity. sparks of electricity carry over, spilling to form an ELECTRIC TERRAIN.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,496 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 22:18:40 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
Is it just him, or is Matias actin’ kinda…weird?[break][break]

And not, like, the same sort of weird Lam felt that day out on the border. It’s all there in the hand resting on his shoulder. Sensitive to contact, it almost feels wistful, maybe? But again, Lam is probably just imagining things.[break][break]

There’s a smile on his face as his brows knit together, but it’s the confused sort. “Huh? Hasn’t it just been, like, a couple weeks tops?” Now that he wracks his brain, he’s not exactly positive.[break][break]

Outside of the round of gyms he’s been near-manically signing up for, he’s been a bit of a homebody. Stepping away in the wake of everything that happened in the rift outside Dewford.[break][break]

But even then, he doesn’t think it’s been that long.[break][break]

“Guess my company’s really just that great, I know,” he jokes with a dry laugh after the fact, arm lifting to shield his eyes from the bright flare that comes with tapu koko’s WILD CHARGE.[break][break]

It sends Mac down to the ground, but the shock doesn’t keep him down for long.[break][break]

The toxitricity turns and sends a powerful BOOMBURST reverberating through the air at the island spirit, amplified by a truly PUNK ROCK spirit.
[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 9:19:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"has it? hm, i suppose you're right. still, it's good to see you again, friend."[break][break]

once upon a time, sarcasm may have laced his words and tone, but all that's there now is an odd sense of genuineness that feels unbecoming of him. strange on him, even.[break][break]

BOOMBURST cracks but it is silenced under NATURE'S WRATH. electricity from ELECTRIC TERRAIN whips up, volatile in the way they crawl all over the toxtricity.[break][break]

"i hear you're a gym trainer now?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,496 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 16:27:28 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
“Okay—who are you and what’ve you done with Matias?” he laughs, the sound bright and amused, but there’s a hint of truth there.[break][break]

He seems different. No, he is different. “It’s good to see too. How’ve you been?” He’s unaware how much of a loaded question that could be.[break][break]

The toxitricity lumbers around from the ground—his lazier nature a bit ruffled by the fact that he has to keep dodging.[break][break]

“Yeah! I started over at Rustboro not too long ago.” He follows the zipping movements of the tapu koko, before directing the toxitricity to make use of the ELECTRIC TERRAIN as well.[break][break]

Mac lets loose a DISCHARGE of energy in a wide radius, hoping to pull the tapu koko into it with a stunning effect.[break][break]

“I’m hoping it’ll be a good stepping stone.”

[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 11:46:17 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

laughs mingle together and for once they do not feel out of tune.[break][break]

"despite all that has happened, lam, i feel hopeful, and i hope to embody that trait moving forward so others can feel the same."[break][break]

hope that things will be okay.[break][break]

hope that things between him and will work out eventually.[break][break]

hope that someday he may return to their son.[break][break]

THUNDER cracks, dancing along the ground to meet DISCHARGE right in the middle. the following surge of energy ripples across the battlefield.[break][break]

"and how long do you plan on being a gym trainer? because, to me, you're already at the level gym leaders are at."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,496 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
thunder clatter [m]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 19:45:19 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
Maybe he went to some positivity training? It’s a far cry from the Matias he remembers at the border. Even when they were in the deep sea fighting the slither wing he now carries on his belt, he was different from the Matias who’s standing here now.[break][break]

It’s not a bad look on him, though. Not by a long shot.[break][break]

“What exactly has happened?” He finally caves and asks the question, curious as to how much the other might actually offer.[break][break]

His eyes scan the battlefield, watching the fight unfold as electricity charges the air around them. He’s listening to what Matias is saying, though. Mac pulls himself up after being bowled over by the impact of the two thunderous attacks–twisting to fire off a GUNK SHOT.[break][break]

“Are you sure? Sometimes it feels like I’m nowhere close to that level.” Maybe it’s just insecurity. Or maybe it’s fear, he’s not sure.[break][break]

But the vote of confidence is nice. So regardless of his doubts, Lam grins. Then sends the aforementioned slither wing hurtling into the mix as well.

[break][break]

// vs tapu koko![break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]